Marking, Tackling, Anticipation
Acceleration, Pace, Strength
Determination, Passing, Technique
First Touch
-- Moderate Importance Attributes --
Stamina, Vision, Jumping Reach
Decisions, Composure, Bravery
Aggression

I apologize for not being clear.  In your tactic, the DMCL and DMCR have different roles  One is VOL, the other is not.  wouldn't this mean the DMCL has different High Importance Attributes than the DMCR?  For instance, wouldn't Off The Ball be more important in a VOL than a normal DMC role?

5 hours ago, Real said:

I apologize for not being clear.  In your tactic, the DMCL and DMCR have different roles  One is VOL, the other is not.  wouldn't this mean the DMCL has different High Importance Attributes than the DMCR?  For instance, wouldn't Off The Ball be more important in a VOL than a normal DMC role?

Mate, even that they have different roles I still find they do very similar job during matches so they need very similar attributes

5 hours ago, Asrar Amin said:

Hey tff,can u please tell me how do u freeze the tactical familiarity to test tactics???

Hi mate,

It doesn’t require freezing the tactical familiarity for testing tactics because when it reaches the maximum level then it stays at the maximum level and not decrease.

The major headache is setting it at the maximum level at the beginning of every test, as far as know there is no such in-game editor which can handle this task(even IGE from SI can’t do that). Yes, in-game editors offer an option to maximize the tactical familiarity but it works unpredictable.

Anyway, it isn’t a big problem because for example, if you test for 85-95 matches then usually after 10 matches the tactic familiarity is already at the maximum level and it stays there until the end of the test so you test only 10 matches of 85-90 matches without an maximized familiarity and it’s a really insignificant amount.

53 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Hi mate,

It doesn’t require freezing the tactical familiarity for testing tactics because when it reaches the maximum level then it stays at the maximum level and not decrease.

The major headache is setting it at the maximum level at the beginning of every test, as far as know there is no such in-game editor which can handle this task(even IGE from SI can’t do that). Yes, in-game editors offer an option to maximize the tactical familiarity but it works unpredictable.

Anyway, it isn’t a big problem because for example, if you test for 85-95 matches then usually after 10 matches the tactic familiarity is already at the maximum level and it stays there until the end of the test so you test only 10 matches of 85-90 matches without an maximized familiarity and it’s a really insignificant amount.

There are some external editors that I have used in the past that worked with this.  But won't name just in case it is not allowed to promote them :)

However from using the Stormcaller tactic, my biggest issue is with the specific positional training as I might train up a couple of players to be the VOL and a couple to be the DLP in DMC positions, but once they get full positional familiarity, if I try and swap their positions, they end up not being as good. 

37 minutes ago, Pompeyboyz said:

There are some external editors that I have used in the past that worked with this.  But won't name just in case it is not allowed to promote them :)

If you are talking about FMRTE or FM Scout Editor then I can say that these in-game editors aren’t capable to handle the task too.

Few years ago, there wasn’t any problem to maximise the tactic familiarity but SI changed the way familiarity worked, they made that every player got his own tactic familiarity rating and since that change the issue appeared and so far I haven’t seen that any in-game editor were cable to maximize  the tactic familiarity without any issue. As I said in-game editor offer such option but it work unstable and unpredictable.

37 minutes ago, Pompeyboyz said:

However from using the Stormcaller tactic, my biggest issue is with the specific positional training as I might train up a couple of players to be the VOL and a couple to be the DLP in DMC positions, but once they get full positional familiarity, if I try and swap their positions, they end up not being as good. 

I’m not really sure that I correctly understand what you are talking about but if you are talking the role ratings which are based on your assistant manager’s opinion then I suggest you to ignore them because they don’t mean anything and they were added to the game just to give a newbies some tips like the default tactics.  

21 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

I’m not really sure that I correctly understand what you are talking about but if you are talking the role ratings which are based on your assistant manager’s opinion then I suggest you to ignore them because they don’t mean anything and they were added to the game just to give a newbies some tips like the default tactics.  

I am specifically referring here to Tactical Familiarity for the player based on positional training. 

If I set one player to train as a VOL and play him in that position, he will get a full tactical familiarity, but it does seem to impact his ability to play in the DLP position unless I swap his training. 

I have noticed that playing someone trained as a VOL to play in the DLP position will drop his performance too much despite playing effectively in the same position.  

But just to clarify, I think this is much more about the under the hood game engine than anything in the tactic itself. 

1 hour ago, Pompeyboyz said:

I am specifically referring here to Tactical Familiarity for the player based on positional training. 

If I set one player to train as a VOL and play him in that position, he will get a full tactical familiarity, but it does seem to impact his ability to play in the DLP position unless I swap his training. 

I have noticed that playing someone trained as a VOL to play in the DLP position will drop his performance too much despite playing effectively in the same position.  

But just to clarify, I think this is much more about the under the hood game engine than anything in the tactic itself. 

Mate, if you are talking about the rating which is shown on the screenshot below then just ignore it because it doesn't mean anything

rating3.png

rating1.png

Attributes and the position raiting are the only things which are import so you should pay your attention only to them

The position rating is shown on the screenshot below.

“Natural” is the best values, “Accomplished” is also acceptable

rating2.png

1 minute ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Those screens are full game screens but there's no difference how that area works in FMT and full game

Only reason I asked is that the part I am referring to is different to what you showed.

But I will post some screens of what I mean this evening. 

@Totalfootballfan

This is what I was referring to.

CIUk7dV.png

Both Kurdov and Tsachev are Natural at SC and Accomplished at AMC.  As I am playing them mostly as shown here, I have been having Tsachev on individual training as an Advance Forward (attack) per the role and Kurdov on Attacking Midfielder (support).

So both show fully tactically familiar for role/position.

However, if I switch them around.

jvVaGrL.png

They now change from Fluid to Awkward for the position/role tactical familiarity.  This in turn drops their on field performance compared to if they played the other way around. 

Now the big question here is, should I continue with this training course, or just leave it fully up to my AssMan to deal with?

1 hour ago, Pompeyboyz said:

@Totalfootballfan

This is what I was referring to.

Both Kurdov and Tsachev are Natural at SC and Accomplished at AMC.  As I am playing them mostly as shown here, I have been having Tsachev on individual training as an Advance Forward (attack) per the role and Kurdov on Attacking Midfielder (support).

So both show fully tactically familiar for role/position.

However, if I switch them around.

They now change from Fluid to Awkward for the position/role tactical familiarity.  This in turn drops their on field performance compared to if they played the other way around. 

Now the big question here is, should I continue with this training course, or just leave it fully up to my AssMan to deal with?

Ok… now I see what you was talking about

A player’s personal tactic familiarity level in some position in your tactic can be boosted by setting the player to train this position in the Individual Training settings.

Notice that it isn’t necessary to choose the same role as in your tactic, it’s just enough setting only the same position.

So if you want to rotate some your players at STC and AMC positions then you need to keep their familiarity levels for these positions at the maximum level and this can be done by playing these players at these positions or setting them to train these positions in the Individual Training.

Also, it isn’t necessary train the position all the time and once you see that the familiarity level in position/role/duty has reached the maximum level then you can switch the training to something else but keep your eyes on it and if it decreased then you might want to boost it again to the maximum level.

2 hours ago, Pompeyboyz said:

@Totalfootballfan

Also, I want to add that you can click on it and get more details why it isn’t fully fluid and I can say that most of time it’s due lacking rating in Position/Role/Duty but how to handle this I already explained in the post above

rating00134.png

5 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Also, I want to add that you can click on it and get more details why it isn’t fully fluid and I can say that most of time it’s due lacking rating in Position/Role/Duty but how to handle this I already explained in the post above

rating00134.png

I did spot that by hovering over it and put it all down to the fact I completely focused the training on the role in the tactic.

I am going to try letting my AssMan do the individual training for a month or two and see what affect it has

19 minutes ago, Pompeyboyz said:

I did spot that by hovering over it and put it all down to the fact I completely focused the training on the role in the tactic.

I am going to try letting my AssMan do the individual training for a month or two and see what affect it has

Mate, letting your assistant manager to do the job is a terrible idea and I suggest letting the assistant manager to do something only when you don’t care about the result :)

If you want to increase your striker’s tactic familiarity level in AMC position then set him train AMC position in Individual Training and usually with “Double Intensity” for Individual Training level it improves to about 60% from 0% in 3 weeks or so. It should not take more than 1 or 1.5 months to improve it from 0% to 100%, of course, if the player didn’t pick injuries during that period, also, the quality of your coaches and training ground matters

On ‎19‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 11:23, pileto said:

Anyone had any success after 1st season with STORMCALLER V14 ?

On a 95 game unbeaten run with Rangers. The issue is the strikers missing a dozen sitters a game but the set pieces compensate.

2 hours ago, Pompeyboyz said:

@Totalfootballfan Is this tactic fine to use with Instant Result or better to watch the matches?

Hi,

I use both “Commentary Mode” and “Instant Result” to play matches.

I find that if there wasn’t “Instant Result” then FM would be boring as hell and I’m not sure that I would play it. ;)

But I use “Instant Result” only for not important matches or in cases when I ready to accept a worse result than if I would play in “Commentary Mode”.

If you are going to use “Instant Result” then you need to be aware of these following major factors which might have impact on the result:

1) During the match you can’t remove “Hard Tackles” PI and add “Easy Off Tackles” PI to your players which has been booked and that increases chances of them getting sent off due receiving second yellow card.

2) You can’t control substitutions and your assistant manager is responsible for it but he might make awful decisions and remove some of your key players and put unsuitable players instead of them.

3) You can’t use “The Time Wasting” tactic when needed but in some cases it might be very efficient.

4) Your assistant manager in control of Team Talks and During Match Shouts but he can be poor in these areas

The factors above are just some important factors but there are also less important factors which also might have some impact on the result.

33 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Hi,

I use both “Commentary Mode” and “Instant Result” to play matches.

I find that if there wasn’t “Instant Result” then FM would be boring as hell and I’m not sure that I would play it. ;)

But I use “Instant Result” only for not important matches or in cases when I ready to accept a worse result than if I would play in “Commentary Mode”.

If you are going to use “Instant Result” then you need to be aware of these following major factors which might have impact on the result:

1) During the match you can’t remove “Hard Tackles” PI and add “Easy Off Tackles” PI to your players which has been booked and that increases chances of them getting sent off due receiving second yellow card.

2) You can’t control substitutions and your assistant manager is responsible for it but he might make awful decisions and remove some of your key players and put unsuitable players instead of them.

3) You can’t use “The Time Wasting” tactic when needed but in some cases it might be very efficient.

4) Your assistant manager in control of Team Talks and During Match Shouts but he can be poor in these areas

The factors above are just some important factors but there are also less important factors which also might have some impact on the result.

Thanks for the information.  It pretty much confirms what I suspected as I played a season on IR and it was OK, but once I played matches, showing key moments but super fast, I have been much better. 

Used this tactic for 4 seasons with Blackburn (Stormcaller v14). 1st season won the championship, 2nd season finished 4th in epl and won league cup, 3rd season won epl and fa cup, 4th season finished 2nd in epl 2 points behind lpool won champ league fa cup league cup and community shield. great tactic.

I'm having some difficulties with this tactic with my Schalke team 1st season, mainly because my strikers don't score and it's Breel Embolo who scores the most from the MR position. Lose sometimes against much worse teams than I am but somehow knock out Inter and Barcelona in the Champions league.

Of course, it's only Schalke and some serious squad overhaul will be needed as I disabled 1st transfer window.

2 hours ago, nomisz said:

I'm having some difficulties with this tactic with my Schalke team 1st season, mainly because my strikers don't score and it's Breel Embolo who scores the most from the MR position. Lose sometimes against much worse teams than I am but somehow knock out Inter and Barcelona in the Champions league.

Of course, it's only Schalke and some serious squad overhaul will be needed as I disabled 1st transfer window.

Are you training as described and remove harder tackling when someone is booked etc?  Following the ideal attributes? I've been playing less valued players, just because their tactic related stats are better.  Haven't had trouble at the back, just have lots of shots on goal but not many goals but that's the AI rather than the tactic!