FM19 Tactics by TFF

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Possible to make me a screen of the tactics with the placement of the players to see if it is the good one that I use for the V2 please ? Or V3 

I try to use the V3 but I have 4 players who are not top at their post si the MR/ML and the defenders insiste .. the shot that they are not super his case breaks the tactics I believe..

Do I have to download the first post on page 1 ?

Edited by Munegu44116

il y a une heure, Malibden a dit :

FC Sevilla, the 1st season

Battlemaster V3 :)

end01.png

end02.png

end03.png

end04.png

Can you show me your tactical tab like this so that I can see some of the posts and roles of the players just to see if it's the right tactic . I’ve downloaded 

DA2EC59A-7D53-46DB-8CC7-86CFFE0F1D39.png

C7014365-6FE1-4213-AACD-3B2C29270FC1.png

Edited by Munegu44116

il y a 39 minutes, Malibden a dit :

if you download the tactic from the 1st post of this thread then you downloaded Battlemaster V3

bmtac.png

I see that you too are internal side and inner winger are not great at their post me it’s the same and I wanted to know if it really prevents the tactics but I see quennon 

what do you train ?  

Edited by Munegu44116

1 hour ago, Munegu44116 said:

I see that you too are internal side and inner winger are not great at their post me it’s the same and I wanted to know if it really prevents the tactics but I see quennon 

what do you train ?  

The recommended training is on the first page (below). Thats what I train, not sure if @Malibden uses the same though.

INDIVIDUAL TRAINING FOCUS

STC – Complete Forward ( Attack )

AMC - Trequartista ( Attack )

ML/MR – Inverted Winger ( Attack )

MC – Deep Lying Playmaker ( Support )

DM – Defensive Midfielder ( Support )

WBL / WBR - Inverted Wing-Back ( Attack )

DCL / DCR - Ball Playing Defender ( Defend )

GK – Goalkeeper ( Defend )

il y a 1 minute, hm86 a dit :

The recommended training is on the first page (below). Thats what I train, not sure if @Malibden uses the same though.

INDIVIDUAL TRAINING FOCUS

STC – Complete Forward ( Attack )

AMC - Trequartista ( Attack )

ML/MR – Inverted Winger ( Attack )

MC – Deep Lying Playmaker ( Support )

DM – Defensive Midfielder ( Support )

WBL / WBR - Inverted Wing-Back ( Attack )

DCL / DCR - Ball Playing Defender ( Defend )

GK – Goalkeeper ( Defend )

yes but you do not use his role for matches

9 minutes ago, Munegu44116 said:

yes but you do not use his role for matches

Nope, I train individually exactly as it states above. I assume those trainings provide the best spread of stats for the positions.

Playing the player in the position can help him become more familiar, but I don't really think it makes much difference whether the little circle is green or not as long as the player has the right attributes for the position.

Il y a 2 heures, hm86 a dit :

Nope, I train individually exactly as it states above. I assume those trainings provide the best spread of stats for the positions.

Playing the player in the position can help him become more familiar, but I don't really think it makes much difference whether the little circle is green or not as long as the player has the right attributes for the position.

Thank You in general practice what do you use ? Tactics ? Or offensive combination ?

2 hours ago, Munegu44116 said:

Thank You in general practice what do you use ? Tactics ? Or offensive combination ?

Apologies, I am not sure I understand what you are asking? 

If you are referring to training then yeah, I normally train the players for the position and role that they will fullfil within the tactic.

12 minutes ago, hm86 said:

@Totalfootballfan do your strikers score most of the goals? 

It varies greatly from save to save and there are many factors which affect the amount of goals the striker scores in this tactic … such factors as the quality of the striker, in general the quality of your team, especially, compare with the quality of your opponents…

In general goals are spread almost equally between STC/AMC/MR/ML positions

If you want your striker to score the most of goal you can set him to take the penalties, it might give him an additional +20 goals per season

il y a 40 minutes, hm86 a dit :

Apologies, I am not sure I understand what you are asking? 

If you are referring to training then yeah, I normally train the players for the position and role that they will fullfil within the tactic.

I asked you what is your team training ?

18 minutes ago, Glassy said:

Decent start with Forest with V3... Struggling to score a bit in recent games, often I'm absolutely dominating team and only getting a single goal. I blame that on FM19 though, not the tactic! ;)

c98a28c860d65d6fc2e98dc4f5d23538.png

I'm glad it works good for you...

Try V4 :)  ...  it's got some nice improvements to the attacking build-up play… on a long road these improvements will give better results 

22 minutes ago, Glassy said:

Gone a bit pear shaped with V4 I'm afraid... Switching back to V3!

Mate, have you thought that with V3 you might have the same or even worse results? :)

If you want to take my advice regarding tactics testing then I’d say that any test which is less than 200 matches is like a drop in ocean and in cases if you want to get a very accurate data then you should test no less than 500 matches and I’m talking about a testing environment where many random factors are eliminated comparing with a normal gameplay…

I suggest that you stick with V4 because believe me “on a long road” which consists of few or more seasons your results will be better with V4 than with V3 ;)

Hey TFF. I`ve startet a completely new career save with Hertha BSC and it is looking really fine so far.
I feel like this tactic is better for middleclass-teams like my Hertha than V3.

Unbenannt.jpg

Unbenannt3.jpg

Unbenannt2.jpg

vor 23 Minuten schrieb Totalfootballfan:

Hey mate,

When you are saying "this tactic" do you mean V4? :)

Yes, V4 is for middleclass-Teams, like Hertha, better than V3.
I have the feeling my guys scoring more goals, which was a problem overall the last ~60-70 Matches with V3 as Hertha.
Maybe it was my fault and too much randomness, but i just have this feeling V4 is the best tactic so far for the FM19. :)
Thx m8 and i really looking positive into the FM-Future, thanks to your help :D

4 minutes ago, Nebuuu said:

Yes, V4 is for middleclass-Teams, like Hertha, better than V3.
I have the feeling my guys scoring more goals, which was a problem overall the last ~60-70 Matches with V3 as Hertha.
Maybe it was my fault and too much randomness, but i just have this feeling V4 is the best tactic so far for the FM19. :)
Thx m8 and i really looking positive into the FM-Future, thanks to your help :D

Yes, V4 received a nice boost to the attacking build-up play so the scoring goals should improved decently

I'm glad to hear it works good for you, mate :)

I got promoted in my first season with Forest, won the Championship with V4... Also doing pretty well in the PL, the results are just a bit all over the place. It's definitely better going forward, but a bit bonkers at the back!

No real complaints, because we're still overachieving. I just feel V3 was better defensively. 

f4bd3db99fd7e5d3b19c7b4bdaa27a73.png

THE TACTIC HAS BEEN UPDATED TO V5

Guy, this update has increased the tactic efficiency about 30% which is freaking huge smile.gif

I'd say there's 99.9% probability that Battlemaster V5 is my last tactic until the next significant ME changes which might happen in the future.

I find that Battlemaster V5 includes all things which works the most efficient under the current ME.

Battlemaster-V5.png

Battlemaster is more beautiful to watch as well, better build-up play, but also looking for that through ball!  Love it, currently in non-league football and working a gem, beat premiership opponents in the 3rd round of the FA Cup and just lost 2-0 to a full strength Man Utd side in the 4th Round, very impressed.

1 hour ago, dimartino said:

He asked for PI's not OI's.

Sorry, my bad.

@42816 here are the PI's you need to put in yourself

AF: Take More Risks, Dribble More, Close Down More, Tackle Harder, Mark Tighter

SS: Shoot Less Often, Close Down More, Tackle Harder, Mark Tighter

IW-At: Pass It Shorter, Cross More Often, Sit Narrower, Close Down More, Tackle Harder, Mark Tighter

IW-Su: Pass It Shorter, Cross More Often, Close Down More, Tackle Harder, Mark Tighter

BBM: Take More Risks, Dribble More, Shoot Less Often, Get Further Forward, Move Into Channels, Close Down More, Tackle Harder, Mark Tighter

DLP: Dribble More, Close Down More, Tackle Harder, Mark Tighter

IWB: Pass It Shorter, Dribble More, Shoot Less Often, Tackle Harder

BPD: Dribble More, Shoot Less Often, Stay Wider, Close Down Less, Tackle Harder, Mark Tighter

G: Pass It Shorter, Take Fewer Risks

Edited by Flohrinho

Great tactic. Worked for my Ipswich side and now for my Tottenham side. over 25 chances a match and a few 7-0. 8-1 scores. Usually my goals are coming from midfield but striker chips in with 20-25  season so not complaining. Give it time and don't mess around with it to much, as long as the players can play in the roles the team adapts quickly. Keep developing it TFF.

16 minutes ago, wolveslegend said:

Great tactic. Worked for my Ipswich side and now for my Tottenham side. over 25 chances a match and a few 7-0. 8-1 scores. Usually my goals are coming from midfield but striker chips in with 20-25  season so not complaining. Give it time and don't mess around with it to much, as long as the players can play in the roles the team adapts quickly. Keep developing it TFF.

Great for you my guys miss a million sitters a match then routinely lose in the 85+ minute. 

After five seasons doing okay with the STORMCALLER V14, I struggled a bit last season so I decided to give the BATTLEMASTER V5 a try and... well I don't think too much need to be said, just have a look at the picture!

league-table.png

And just some extra info:

Spoiler

media-prediction.png

Spoiler

competitions.png

Spoiler

fixtures.png

Spoiler

squad.png

Spoiler

records.png

I made sure to have a tailored squad, as you can see I was predicted to finish 5th so I had nothing really special. The tactic is simply awesome (you are gonna score a lot of goals from throw-ins by the way).

@Totalfootballfan congrats dude you just nailed it!

Edited by Sekaser

Having great results with this tacti. I have 2 questions for @Totalfootballfan if you don't mind :)

1. What's the reasoning behind hard tackling? I follow your advice to set to "ease off tackles" when players get a yellow so I rarely get players sent off, but is there meant to be a benefit to hard tackling?

2. Do you change mentality or keep balanced? When/Why would you change it?

Other than that tactic is working fantastic.

On ‎31‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 18:42, Sekaser said:

After five seasons doing okay with the STORMCALLER V14, I struggled a bit last season so I decided to give the BATTLEMASTER V5 a try and... well I don't think too much need to be said, just have a look at the picture!

league-table.png

And just some extra info:

Reveal hidden contents

media-prediction.png

Reveal hidden contents

competitions.png

Reveal hidden contents

fixtures.png

Reveal hidden contents

squad.png

Reveal hidden contents

records.png

I made sure to have a tailored squad, as you can see I was predicted to finish 5th so I had nothing really special. The tactic is simply awesome (you are gonna score a lot of goals from throw-ins by the way).

@Totalfootballfan congrats dude you just nailed it!

From experience, the throw ins generate countless sitters which players hit straight at the keeper. The rest of the efforts are long range which often leads to 30-40 shots a game, few goals and the opposition scoring from a corner or free kick. Rinse and repeat-glad this doesn't happen to all of us...also routinely hitting the woodwork 4-5 times a game.

5 hours ago, true_valiant said:
  1. Every goal I concede comes from the right hand side and often a long ball over the top. I'm guessing this has something to do with the inverted wing backs as they are very often out of position when the opposition breaks on me. Any idea how to combat this.?

Try playing central defenders with high pace/acceleration

2 hours ago, Jamoritch said:

Has anybody tried this tactic with lower leagues in England? Looking to try it with Shrewsbury Town in League 1

I think it works in all divisions.

Tbh this tactic is reliable but I wouldn't say it works miracles, it does rely on a bit of set piece abuse. Then again.. it's not like any tactic should be insta-win. If you want actual success then you need this tactic in combination with morale management and buying good players.

But yes, I do think you can over achieve with this tactic with any team in any division.

On 06/01/2019 at 10:48, Jamoritch said:

Has anybody tried this tactic with lower leagues in England? Looking to try it with Shrewsbury Town in League 1

Currently in Vanerama League South, works wonders, just make sure you have quick central defenders, the full backs push up and move into the middle when you are near the edge of the opponent's box and long ball counter-attacks can burn you.

Also, find a good set piece guy, makes all the difference in the lower leagues.  Striker/AMC isn't a big deal, quick DCs, good dribbling ML/MR and a good set-piece man.  Should be enough to get through the lower league, especially non-league.