FM19 Tactics by TFF

Hi TFF, I have been using your tactics since FM 16, and they work pretty well, but I have some questions.

Firstly, what is the difference between the MCL and  MCR in Battlemaster V5? I think the box to box midfielder should be better at tackling, shooting and stamina and the deep lying midfielder should be better at passing, but your attribute filters says their qualities should be the same.

Secondly, why the ML has an attacking duty and the MR has a support duty? I also noticed that the MR positions wide when our team has the ball. Is it because of the hardness of finding left-footed right wingers or something else?

Thanks by now.

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is genuinly one of the best tactics I've used throughout my 'FM-career'

For the first time ever, I've used the Create a club mode and made myself a team in the 5th tier of Belgium. Since I could've pick my players at the creation of the club, I was able to select players with the correct roles for each position. I think that surely is one of the main factors for my huge success so far. 

In the league, I'm winning everything with big numbers. Except for this one game where I had 27 chances against 3 and drew 1-1. 

dV0IDrj.thumb.png.34996f1588fa4a633755d57d39ddb73c.png

But then came the cup. I didn't change a thing to my tactic, just using my strongest possible team everytime. And I'm in the cup final! Tbh, Anderlecht didn't play their strongest team against me. But the other teams did, and I've just outplayed them. 

aBjFS7i.thumb.png.36be01176e152ba3dd0131624d9bfc8f.png

Thanks for the awesome tactic (Battlemaster V5)! 

On 06/01/2019 at 10:48, Jamoritch said:

Has anybody tried this tactic with lower leagues in England? Looking to try it with Shrewsbury Town in League 1

I can confirm this tactic works with lower leagues- I used TFF Battlemaster V5 with York City, and managed to get them into the Premier League within 7 seasons! I did however switch mentality to cautious- as on my Crystal Palace save I found I did better with Cautious than with Standard. Currently mid table in Premier League after a meteoric rise with York!

One thing I might do is tweak and test my cautious Battlemaster version more. So far I've not changed anything apart from mentality, I may play around with defensive line and a few other things for really big teams/away from home- I've finished 9th in my first two seasons in the Premier with York, struggling to break above that though we did probably have the weakest squad when we went up so it was almost certainly a massive overachievement, though this season we have a much better squad and are hovering around the same position, though not sure if the update has altered the ME, teams seem more difficult to break down.

Hi Guys!
By popular demand I've updated the tactic

The new version received a new name CONQUEROR smile.gif

It includes the long the throw-in exploit and short corner exploits but I've tested it without those exploits and it delivered the best results so it would my first choice tactic if there weren't the exploits

Please notice that there's a new requirement in the new version:

-- MR : Right Foot – Very Strong

-- ML : Left Foot - Very Strong/Strong/Fairly Strong

CORNERS:

DR: takes the right corners

DL: takes the left corners

P.S. soon I'll update the OP to suite the new version

Conqueror-V1.png

Hey tff 

Can u plz answer some questions??

U once explained that second season syndrome.The thing with reputation and all.

So i chose a tactic and started a save with hoffenheim in germany and i won title with default squad(predicted to finish 6th).

And then next season i improved the squad and media prediction rose to 4rth so where should i haf finish.

I played 5-6 games and just won one game and i felt tactic was falling apart and in frustration deleted the save.

Does it happen that tactic underperforms (makes team finsh below than media prediction) if reputation increases too much.

Is it normal??

I am totally confused atm.

1 hour ago, Asrar Amin said:

Hey tff 

Can u plz answer some questions??

U once explained that second season syndrome.The thing with reputation and all.

Hey mate,

The way "Your Club Reputation" works is quite simple.  

The AI manager’s choice what tactical approaches to use in the match against your team is heavily based on the difference between your team reputation and his team reputation so for example, if your team reputation is 10000 and his team reputation is 5000 then almost for sure the AI will pick a defensive/counter approach and if there’s an opposite situation where his team reputation is 10000 and your team reputation is 5000 then almost for sure he’ll pick an attacking/overload approach.

When you start with the weakest club in the league then at the beginning all other clubs in the league have a higher reputation than your club so they all use attacking approaches when they play against you but overtime if you do well and win then your reputation grows and more clubs start using more caution/defensive/counter approaches against your team so it might have a significant impact on your results because your tactic might be less effective when it faces defensive/counter approaches than when it faces attacking/overload approaches.

1 hour ago, Asrar Amin said:

So i chose a tactic and started a save with hoffenheim in germany and i won title with default squad(predicted to finish 6th).

And then next season i improved the squad and media prediction rose to 4rth so where should i haf finish.

I played 5-6 games and just won one game and i felt tactic was falling apart and in frustration deleted the save.

Your results in the previous season don’t guaranty anything in the current season because it might be that you result in the previous season were greatly affected by “luck factor”.

Even with the worst tactic in the game and with weakest team in the league there’s a 0.0000000001 % probability that you will win the league but then next season after the winning you might finish somewhere in the mid-table or bottom-table even if you managed greatly improve the squad because without extreme luck your results should be very weak and that’s why the longer time you test your tactic the more accurate understanding you have about its efficiency  

Thnx a lot mate 

So u mean u have come across tactics which play great as underdogs and fail hugely when favorites??

And please is there any chance u sharing your testing system like u did in fm17 ??

Also the new tactic u uploaded.Does wingers cutting inside have a bad effect on its efficiency??

53 minutes ago, Asrar Amin said:

So u mean u have come across tactics which play great as underdogs and fail hugely when favorites??

No, you should never expect to see that your tactic do great when you use it with an underdog team but it fails hugely when you use with a favorite team BUT you should expect to see that your tactic efficiency might vary up to 30% depends on what approaches the AI opponent use against you, it never will be work the same agasint all posible AI apporaches.

And please is there any chance u sharing your testing system like u did in fm17 ??

Sorry mate… due to many reasons at the moment I don’t have plans to share it

Also the new tactic u uploaded.Does wingers cutting inside have a bad effect on its efficiency??

For example, if your winger play “at the right flank” and he’s got PPM “Cuts Inside From The Right Flnak” then it have some negative impact but it isn’t critical, for example, if you got Messi at the right flank then you shouldn't worry about it :)

TFF will you be uploading a handy little video like last time for the new conquerer tactic or a few screen shots of player instructions for those of us with a tablet and no pc or Mac to download via the iTunes way ?

im sure there would be lots of happy people :hammer: 

41 minutes ago, Suffpunch89 said:

TFF will you be uploading a handy little video like last time for the new conquerer tactic or a few screen shots of player instructions for those of us with a tablet and no pc or Mac to download via the iTunes way ?

cant you just install the FM demo on a PC and copy over what you see? (obvs I'm assuming you have a PC to run the demo...) :)

Guys, I've added a new tactic "SHIELD WALL" to the OP.

The new tactic might be less effective in general than "CONQUEROR" but definitely it's better defensively.

There are a lot of cases during the game when "Shield Wall" tactic can be very handy, for example, you can switch for it during matches if you've got a solid lead by 2 or 3 goals, or you can use in the 2nd leg play-off if you won the 1st leg with a solid advantage… those are few examples but of course there are more cases when it can be used

F19-TFF-SHIELD-WALL-V1.png

On 22/01/2019 at 10:41, Totalfootballfan said:

Hi Guys!
By popular demand I've updated the tactic

The new version received a new name CONQUEROR smile.gif

It includes the long the throw-in exploit and short corner exploits but I've tested it without those exploits and it delivered the best results so it would my first choice tactic if there weren't the exploits

Please notice that there's a new requirement in the new version:

-- MR : Right Foot – Very Strong

-- ML : Left Foot - Very Strong/Strong/Fairly Strong

CORNERS:

DR: takes the right corners

DL: takes the left corners

P.S. soon I'll update the OP to suite the new version

Conqueror-V1.png

Do any other striker roles work? Af or p ?

This is a pretty realistic thing imo, as it frequently happens in real life e.g. Leicester City, Burnley, and many other teams who eventually get "Fugured out".

On my Crystal Palace Save it took me 10 seasons after getting promoted  before I finally was able to build a squad strong enough to win the EPL (I didn't start with them- I took over them after they had been relegated after being stuck near the bottom the Championship) and the odd season or two I had significantly strengthened my team only to see the team performing roughly the same as the last year. 

On my York save I had the weakest team that came up from the Championship (predicted to finish bottom) though I strengthened with some decent free transfers during the summer, each season in the last 3 I've got a stronger squad and finished 9th, 9th, 11th in the EPL.

Looking forward to the Conquerer- will test the attacking vs a cautious tweak!

On 23/01/2019 at 16:07, Totalfootballfan said:

>>Hey mate,

The way "Your Club Reputation" works is quite simple.  

The AI manager’s choice what tactical approaches to use in the match against your team is heavily based on the difference between your team reputation and his team reputation so for example, if your team reputation is 10000 and his team reputation is 5000 then almost for sure the AI will pick a defensive/counter approach and if there’s an opposite situation where his team reputation is 10000 and your team reputation is 5000 then almost for sure he’ll pick an attacking/overload approach.

When you start with the weakest club in the league then at the beginning all other clubs in the league have a higher reputation than your club so they all use attacking approaches when they play against you but overtime if you do well and win then your reputation grows and more clubs start using more caution/defensive/counter approaches against your team so it might have a significant impact on your results because your tactic might be less effective when it faces defensive/counter approaches than when it faces attacking/overload approaches.

Your results in the previous season don’t guaranty anything in the current season because it might be that you result in the previous season were greatly affected by “luck factor”.

Even with the worst tactic in the game and with weakest team in the league there’s a 0.0000000001 % probability that you will win the league but then next season after the winning you might finish somewhere in the mid-table or bottom-table even if you managed greatly improve the squad because without extreme luck your results should be very weak and that’s why the longer time you test your tactic the more accurate understanding you have about its efficiency  

On 24/01/2019 at 20:45, Suffpunch89 said:

Seconded! Would be really helpful for those of us on the switch too.

On 21/10/2018 at 11:38, Karimza said:

V2 of Ashbringer looks just deadly :)

I started a new save with Southampton to try it and here are my results so far

puk01.png

puk02.png

dude  what is the best tactic can u give me link i cant find ashbringer tactic

25 minutes ago, Suffpunch89 said:

Hi TFF

what change did you make to the DL? 

Hey,

I removed "Get Further Forward" PI

25 minutes ago, Suffpunch89 said:

And do you have any specific team training you prefer to use? 

Some tips about the training can be found at the OP

In general, "Training" is a very complicated subject that has many areas and it requires doing a lot of explanation to cover them all and I don’t think that this thread is an appropriate place to start such discussion. :)

If you have some "very specific" questions about the training which aren't covered in the OP then only in that case I can try to help you.

Thanks for the tips TFF! 

What are your thoughts on the match engine favouring the far post in terms of AI set pieces? 

I have tinkered with mine and I seem to be better defensively with set pieces when I address the far post area , how do you find it ? 

And I give up on corners lmao 😂

9 minutes ago, Suffpunch89 said:

Thanks for the tips TFF! 

What are your thoughts on the match engine favouring the far post in terms of AI set pieces? 

I have tinkered with mine and I seem to be better defensively with set pieces when I address the far post area , how do you find it ? 

And I give up on corners lmao 😂

I observe that AI teams usually use "mixed" delivery during attacking corners so I find that protecting all possible areas or at least trying to do that is the way to go

During attacking free-kicks I observe that AI teams usually use "far post" delivery but honestly I find that you don't have much influence on how you team defends during free-kicks

1 hour ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Guys, I've updated all tactics

I tweaked the duties of DL/DR positions and the PIs of DL position

Great work TFF, hopefully someone can help with the below.

After 15 games I'm comfortably top of the league with Salford in the VNL as you'd expect, however whilst I've scored 52 I've conceded 30.

Majority of the goals are long balls over the top so that catch us out and so I would assume that is down to my CB's pace/acceleration.

What kind of stats should I be looking for at this level?

Currently I have Anel Ahmedhodvic who has 13/10 and Liam Hogan at 12/12.

2 hours ago, nffc1991 said:

Great work TFF, hopefully someone can help with the below.

After 15 games I'm comfortably top of the league with Salford in the VNL as you'd expect, however whilst I've scored 52 I've conceded 30.

Majority of the goals are long balls over the top so that catch us out and so I would assume that is down to my CB's pace/acceleration.

What kind of stats should I be looking for at this level?

Currently I have Anel Ahmedhodvic who has 13/10 and Liam Hogan at 12/12.

things pick up when your defenders form a nice green partnership. 

check who is making the most 'mistakes leading to goals'. 

When I used TFF's tactics in the lower league I also conceded loads, but it didn't matter too much as I still finished in the top 2 positions. 

9 minutes ago, Carninho said:

things pick up when your defenders form a nice green partnership. 

check who is making the most 'mistakes leading to goals'. 

When I used TFF's tactics in the lower league I also conceded loads, but it didn't matter too much as I still finished in the top 2 positions. 

Thanks for the reply, I have rotated the CB's so will be a little more patient and try to get a solid green partnership going.

I only have 2 MLTG which is 1 for my GK and RB.

It keeps it interesting anyway!

I'm using TFF - CONQUEROR V3 and it is absolutely insane! I tried it with Salford and played almost a full season, winning the league way before the end of the season, even reaching the Quarter Finals of the FA Cup, albeit by luck of the draw, although we did beat Bournemouth in the 3rd round. We lost to Spurs 3 - 2. In the league we had over a +100 goal difference.

I decided to start a new save, this time with Rangers. 17 games in, we've won 17, scored 68 and conceded 10! We've won the Betfred cup, beating Celtic 6 - 1 in the final with 10 men from the 66th minute. We've only lost one game all season which was against Villarreal. (1-0)

Thank you TFF for providing quality tactics for those of us who do not have the time/insight to tinker with it ourselves. I am curious if there is any way to access previous versions of the tactics via MediaFire? Currently using the most recent versions of Conqueror and Warlord, both with subpar results compared to versions 3 and 1 respectively.

Thx

On 25/02/2019 at 01:18, Elchupacabra said:

Thank you TFF for providing quality tactics for those of us who do not have the time/insight to tinker with it ourselves. I am curious if there is any way to access previous versions of the tactics via MediaFire? Currently using the most recent versions of Conqueror and Warlord, both with subpar results compared to versions 3 and 1 respectively.

Thx

I have noticed that my games seem a lot more decisive and seasons more successful before the last iteration of changes. Not sure why.

23 minutes ago, marris09 said:

Anyone still having success with tactics since latest me changes 19.3?

It's too soon to ask that question.
Only 20 minutes after 19.3 has been published.