First silverware you've ever won?

Title says it all. From battling through the league cup of Iceland in FM06 to brushing aside the Matchfixed League as Real Madrid in FM18, everyone with a touch of experience surely must've won some taste of victory at one point. What was the first price you've won, what team did you play as and in what version was it?

I think it was in Championship Manager Norwegian version in 1992 or 93, I think. I won the top tier with Rosenborg.

Championship Manager 2006. Won League One with Gillingham FC, being my local team, I decided that was the best team to start with. Was the first CM/FM game I ever played and I haven't looked back since!

I remember in the beginning I ran with a 4-2-3-1 formation. But I had the 2 midfielders as Attacking Mids with two wingers, and a centre forward tucked behind the main striker. Back then I always wondered why my teams conceded so much, but it all makes sense now. 

I think my first trophy was the Division 1 title with Millwall on CM4. I fondly remember Richard Sadlier and Neil Harris getting goals galore, and Iván Hurtado and Tijjani Babangida being magnificent free signings. We also lost the League Cup Final against Chelsea before going on to beat Aston Villa in the FA Cup Final.

That was all in the first season as well. We finished 4th in the Premier League and reached another FA Cup Final (losing to Manchester United) the following year.

Come to think of it, I might've won a Charity Shield somewhere down the line in CM99/00 or CM00/01 with Man Utd (I always started with them in my earliest careers). Can't say for certain, though.

I won the French Cup with Clermont Foot in FM14. It is what got me hooked. We beat PSG 3-2 after going down 2-0 at halftime! We were a Ligue 2 Club. Oliver Kragl was our Set-Piece master.

Championship Manager 00/01, the first game I ever played at a mates house. Won the PL in my first season with West Ham, my mate finishing runner up with Sunderland. Both using the 2-3-2-1-2 WB tactic that was just stupendous!

I've won quite a few things "cheating" (in my youth years playing CM) or using downloaded tactics in FM editions (because I gave up trying, and listened to the people that said you need to be a football expert or tactical genius to be succesful). So my biggest win for me personally is that this year I'm really enjoying a save, with a tactic and team that I've built myself 

It made me realize that you can get realistic results or even overachieve by just playing the game like it was designed to for the regular player, and you don't need to put  hours into reading topics in the tactics forum, watching video's on YouTube or analyzing matches endlessly to succeed.

• make logical choices (like: don't set all duties to attack but create balance in every line, choose a formation where you have the players for, only use TI's that have added value for how you want to play),
  • react to what you see (Easy things like change mentality during a game when you see fit) 
  • Use what the game tells you and offers you from feedback (Match stats, player stats & ratings, pre-match scout reports of opponent)

To answer the OP, my first silverware won, that I really count as something I achieved was back in FM07 when I won the 2nd Bundesliga with Berlin. I did use a downloaded tactic back then, But i remember that I tweaked it a bit to my players and alot of players were signed and brought to the team by me, so it was the first time it really felt like I achieved something myself in FM.

VNL in 17 as worcester, it was mind blowing how i was saved from relegation by one goal the year before to get the title next year, since them i have won nothing, until now trying to get my hands at the championship with 10 games to go and a 5 points lead, im praying to finally from 6th tier to PL for the first time

54 minutes ago, WorcesterLegend said:

VNL in 17 as worcester, it was mind blowing how i was saved from relegation by one goal the year before to get the title next year, since them i have won nothing, until now trying to get my hands at the championship with 10 games to go and a 5 points lead, im praying to finally from 6th tier to PL for the first time

It's a wonderful achievement to go from the Conference North/South to the Premier League.

Back in FM 15 or 16 (whenever they first brought in the ability to create your own team), I took my own created team, Rochester Dragons (named after I place in Kent next to where I live) from the Conference South to the Premier League. It took me somewhere between 15-20 years to do that though...I'll have to see if I've still got the same somewhere and I'll try and dig it out or if it was on my old laptop...

My first ever in a football management game: probably the Conference trophy in Premier Manager 3 (with Halifax Town)

In the CM series: Serie A in CM2 Italia

In FM "proper": probably the Norwegian Cup in FM2005, but it was during my semi-retirement, so I don't really remember playing long enough to win anything before FM08

Would have to be winning the UEFA cup when it was the UEFA cup with St. Albans Nicky Barnby my old captain lifting his final trophy before he retired must of been about champ man 2000 before it chamged to fm. 

Archived