Real Life Career Updates?

calcal

1 hour ago, Deisler26 said:

On the subject of Premier League garbage, I'm an Arsenal fan, but the prices are too much.

Just bought a Fulham half season ticket and that cost me £150. For 11 home games. 

A season ticket at League Two Notts County in the Main Stand costs over £400, and £24 on a match day. I've been once since 2013, preferring to pay £5 to watch my local non-league team instead. Insane. 

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Continuing the non-league discussion, although I'm a Barnet fan, I live in the Midlands now so don't get there often. My local team is so rubbish that I think i need to buy a pair of boots, but the next nearest is AFC Rushden & Diamonds and I really enjoy it there. Standard is decent if not great, but still very much the feel of a non-league club. 

Standard tickets at Barnet are £25 in League 2 but they are finally starting to offer deals to encourage newcomers. I think a ticket at AFCR&D is £11 or £12. Whatever it is, it seems far better value, and there is the added bonus of being able to have a couple of beers while watching the game.

On 18/12/2016 at 05:38, git2thachoppa said:

It just seems bad timing to be talking about repetition right now rather than back when Man Utd were dominating with Chelsea or Arsenal the one other team challenging, or Liverpool in the 80s, and back when only the top team got in the European Cup. And the other side, imagine seeing Bournemouth, Hull, Burnley, Stoke and Swansea in the same division and it not being called League 2.

Stoke have never been in League 2 you cheeky ****er.

On 19/12/2016 at 13:44, withnail316 said:

A season ticket at League Two Notts County in the Main Stand costs over £400, and £24 on a match day. I've been once since 2013, preferring to pay £5 to watch my local non-league team instead. Insane. 

This is pretty nuts when I can see Spurs for less money this season - our FA cup game against Villa is £20 for members.

Even crazier - the cheapest ticket to see Gent at Wembley in the Europa League for members is going to be......£5 :eek:

22 minutes ago, Crispypaul said:

This is pretty nuts when I can see Spurs for less money this season - our FA cup game against Villa is £20 for members.

Even crazier - the cheapest ticket to see Gent at Wembley in the Europa League for members is going to be......£5 :eek:

We do have occasional (3 times a year) games where tickets are around £12-£15, but yes...It is nuts.

For all the talk of PL tickets being stupidly high, the FL has largely been ignored. Hope that changes soon.

12 minutes ago, withnail316 said:

We do have occasional (3 times a year) games where tickets are around £12-£15, but yes...It is nuts.

For all the talk of PL tickets being stupidly high, the FL has largely been ignored. Hope that changes soon.

I'm going to Yeovil v Exeter on Boxing Day and tickets are £22 for seating, up to £24 if bought on the day.  Absolutely crazy for League Two.

2 hours ago, Crispypaul said:

Yeah but when you have over 80k seats to fill they want to get it as full as possible, especially after dropping out of the CL, I wonder what the pricing will be like if we play all our home games there next season.

CL prices were good anyway, I got my 3 ticket package for £80 which was great considering I paid £50 to see us get thumped by the Spanners at WHL.

3 hours ago, Crispypaul said:

I'm going to Yeovil v Exeter on Boxing Day and tickets are £22 for seating, up to £24 if bought on the day.  Absolutely crazy for League Two.

That is crazy. I'm paying £12 for a friend to go to Fulham vs Brighton on Jan 2nd

On 12/8/2016 at 08:42, BoxToBox said:

Oh, something completely different. Building a team around a specific set of philosophies and tactics of one of my favourite coaches. The twist being that the coach is Bill Belichick of the New England Patriots, not a football(well, "our" football) coach.

Not even sure it's possible, but some of it should be convertible, picking hardworking team players, versatility, discipline and setting up separate tactics based on his defensive and offensive styles(hard enough in it's own right as the Patriots have played with many different styles of offence and defence).

I have some of it planned out, as I say, and an idea for a defensive(well, probably set to counter) tactic.

"We're on to Southampton."
"What about your striker? He seemed to do his knee quite badly."
"But your defense just conceded 5 goals."

Anyway, haven't started a save yet because of the issue with the MLS scheduling. (SI taking a guess at what the scheduling will be like with Atlanta and Minnesota coming in). Maybe I'll start when MLS announces the fixture list (should be next month), and SI gets it coded in.

(Although when I linked to a Salt Lake blogger tweeting a couple days ago that their GM said 2 Homegrown slots are being added to the roster, one of the SI people said "This is good to know, but our license is for the 2016 season.")

So need a bit of advice lads!

After taking over as manager of York City in December 2016 and guiding them to the FA Trophy in 2017and 2nd in the league and losing FA Trophy finalists in 2018 after a capitulation with 6 games to go 5 draws in the league and missed a penalty in a 0-0 draw with Newport and a last min pen in a 1-1 draw with Torquay (If both were scored then we would have been league champions! I grew disillusioned with York and applied at Chesterfield as my estimated wage budget next year was £15k again! A few weeks later the York board announce that they are building a new 8,005 stadium for us and my wage budget is £30k and transfer budget £160k.

I begin to plan for next season then Chesterfield have just said they can't agree compensation with my board so I am at a real crossroads as to wether to stay and try and win back the FA Trophy and win the league or move to recently relegated to League 2 Chesterfield whose rep should be greater than mine so will attract a better calibre of player and I'll be managing in the league also. Help!

6 hours ago, withnail316 said:

Merry Christmas, FMCU. Hope you've all started on the beer already...

Merry Christmas to you and to all.

Nope hadn't started when you posted but have since. :D

1 hour ago, dafuge said:

Is anyone else getting errors trying to post updates?

48 minutes ago, stevelcfc2011 said:

Dagufe yes I am getting an error when trying to post, doesnt seem to like any kind of pictures or replying to someone elses message

It seems to all be working again now.

Lose in China after 4 yellow cards were given out in the first half, 4 in the first 12 minutes in the second half. The first 3 were for OBSTRUCTION... the first one wasn't even that, but for BEING obstructed. Over half my team got quick yellows, they got 2. A sending off for a second yellow was inevitable, and randomly it was the attacking midfielder.

Good to know even way back in FM 2007 they accurately portrayed Chinese football corruption.

21 hours ago, Rikulec said:

Maybe I'll be starting a new career thread in a couple of days, still haven't decided on a save. I definitely won't be doing such elaborate updates as in The Frozen Throne though, I don't have time for that anymore.

Looking forward to it, man. Hope you can find a good balance between playing and writing that works with your availability!

Just had a moment I have to mention. In my 3rd season at Hornchurch and playing every midweek for months now. Taking on Folkestone at home who are second (we are third) and we have a booking frenzy in the first twenty minutes. This ends with me getting my RB sent off and then panicking but ten mins later one of theirs gets a straight red to even it up. I'm thinking all is okay as we get to the last highlight before half-time but no my DM fouls on the edge of the area and is given his second yellow and a red to leave us with 9 men.

Much tactical tweaking and a headed goal from my CM put us 1-0 up and then in the last minute of the game he sends of another Folkestone player. Both sides end up with 9 men and the ref got a 3.5 rating which I've never seen before. Happy to win but was just imagining how ****ing raging I would have been if I'd have been the Folkestone manager. A big rant about bugs in GD I reckon.

On 10/01/2017 at 12:28, Duroliponte said:

Might have missed a prior discussion but has anyone else lost loads of posts from their older threads? I was checking out a journeyman thread I had from 2015 and it's cut off May-July of that year, leaping forwards and erasing my history at 3 separate clubs. I assume these have gone forever?

Yep. I lost whole pages from an old thread. :(

1 hour ago, git2thachoppa said:

The whole forum is bugged as ****. Super slow. Site tech admin types had to go in my account to stop it double-posting every post as well.

I got sick of trying to fix that in the end. 

Now when it happens I just hide the post and ignore it. 

Something really strange happened on my game last night. My cup tie went to extra time, and we won and scored a penalty in the first few minutes of it. Despite AaB kicking off again, the goal wasn't registered (it still said 0-0 at the top of the screen) and there were no more highlights until 119th minute, but suddenly the score read 1-0 to them instead!

The game then crashed, forcing me to replay back from my last save point, but I have no idea what I would have done otherwise. Never seen anything like it.

After all of the years of playing CM/FM (over 25 years!)…I finally have a son!  And he looks like he has some potential to be a good player for us too :D.  Obviously he's been offered a full time, professional contract straight away and will probably go straight into the team…not that I’m biased or anything :D

McMqHh2.png

Ryan Rawlings (24A)

Profile Overview | Attributes Overview | Information Overview | | Coach Report

Archived