Real Life Career Updates?

calcal

10 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

That's to do with his age though.

2 of the 3 players you mention are likely on their last contracts with the club. How many more times is Kane going to be able to renegotiate his contract before the end of career? Quite a few I would suggest. 

Plus FM's programming probably isn't screwed up enough that it'll chuck stupid deals like Rooney and Schweinsteiger's about.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the 2014 Spanish World Cup approaching in my story thread, I have created a Match of the Day intro to go with it:

I was gonna go with Shakira, but Stevie Wonder is just too good, who cares if it isn't strictly Spanish? :lol:

Started a save down in the Vanarama North, been a long time since I played this low in England, forgot how easy it is to absolutely blow up your wage budget.

A month into the job and already 880pw in the red. :lol:

1 hour ago, BoxToBox said:

Started a save down in the Vanarama North, been a long time since I played this low in England, forgot how easy it is to absolutely blow up your wage budget.

A month into the job and already 880pw in the red. :lol:

Well they shouldn't have hired a manager with such an impressive CV and the high wages that comes with it ;) 

Decided to try out a save in Bulgaria to spice things up a tad. 

Whatever person checked out Slavia Sofia's players might have been a tad biased, 

f5102479f6c370230b76e5c1aacaa643.png 

2 hours ago, wynter said:

Decided to try out a save in Bulgaria to spice things up a tad. 

Whatever person checked out Slavia Sofia's players might have been a tad biased, 

f5102479f6c370230b76e5c1aacaa643.png 

I would have thought that the Bulgaria Head Researcher should have caught this.

What I would say is that they actually do have good facilities to generate excellent youth products. 

ea0a437794c598f9307e92dffc3c0952.png

That being said, it's still WAY off. Good spot. :applause:

That said, all that PA is pretty meaningless right now, all it says is that they can maybe be better than Serderov, which might be no great shakes. Oftentimes, seeing a squad like that is actually a sign that they're currently a bit crap, not that they have massive potential.

Of course you'd still expect more variety.

2 hours ago, BoxToBox said:

That said, all that PA is pretty meaningless right now, all it says is that they can maybe be better than Serderov, which might be no great shakes. Oftentimes, seeing a squad like that is actually a sign that they're currently a bit crap, not that they have massive potential.

Of course you'd still expect more variety.

That's not quite how it works though though.

They are not being judged against Serderov. They are being judged against the best players in the squad. 

What are the chances of a whole batch of youngsters all having the PA to be as good as the best players currently at the club?

Of course it might be reasonable if the best players at the club are rubbish.....

And that's what it is. 

I have just looked at the best players at the club. Pants. Nothing dodgy here. The Youth Team have decent PA, but it looks better than it is because it is being compared to the rubbish CA of the better plays at the club. 

Yeah, Minchev is one of the few I have any hope with. It was funny on Day One though when I went straight to the report haha. 

Hristov might be a tad weird though, or else I just got ridiculously lucky when his atts were auto-generated because that's probably one of the best prospects I've seen at CB in FM all year. 

35 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

That's not quite how it works though though.

They are not being judged against Serderov. They are being judged against the best players in the squad. 

What are the chances of a whole batch of youngsters all having the PA to be as good as the best players currently at the club?

Of course it might be reasonable if the best players at the club are rubbish.....

And that's what it is. 

I have just looked at the best players at the club. Pants. Nothing dodgy here. The Youth Team have decent PA, but it looks better than it is because it is being compared to the rubbish CA of the better plays at the club. 

That's exactly what I said, though. I just used Serderov as an example of the best players in the squad, as in the screencap, he has the highest CA by star rating.

7 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

That's exactly what I said, though. I just used Serderov as an example of the best players in the squad, as in the screencap, he has the highest CA by star rating.

Ah, sorry. I just looked for who the best player was and it was deemed to be.... can't remember now but not Serderov. I only put him in that screenshot because..... actually, looking at it, he's 22 rather than 21 and it was a complete accident.

Gotten really into the swing of it, struggling a lot less than I assumed I would be. Crowd figures are horrid though, I assume it's a combination of poor rep both League wise and Club wise? Never really tracked paid too much attention to it aside from the obvious club aspect. 

dea9d9aee362daf54ec54958fe6f5c7e.png

f298b59bf92f6e942062fef2c7d9c795.png

Not sure if I want to make a career update out of this or not though, updates aren't really time consuming or anything but if I add this to the BMG/Aus Save that's probably a bit much. 

28 minutes ago, DazRTaylor said:

Do any of you read some of the threads on the forum and think you must have a similar save game?  I have real urge to start an Oceania save in Samoa,  it am reluctant as don't want to steal someone else's thunder, so to speak.

Yes, the exact same, and in Oceania but I've not done it due to my current save so just figured I'll have to wait until FM18 comes out to do the Oceanic Journeyman that I want to do.

1 hour ago, DazRTaylor said:

Do any of you read some of the threads on the forum and think you must have a similar save game?  I have real urge to start an Oceania save in Samoa,  it am reluctant as don't want to steal someone else's thunder, so to speak.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

My take - play the game/save you want to play, and write it up in here if that's what you want to do. No one has dibs on any save. 

I don't look at the various saves in here that are similar, and weigh them up - everyone's save is different, because it is about the journey in this subsection of the forum, not "who won more titles in the Ecuadorian fourth tier fielding only left-footed players who speak Swahili." 

Just my two cents.

I seem to have the 'playing a 10 year old game' niche covered.

If anyone else does go for a full FM 2007 career, I would recommend just adding the leagues you want to play (so you can probably leave out Singapore or whatever) and no extra players. That seems to result in a more realistic game, rather than the sudden great rise of the underdogs in mine.

I will kick a Samoan club save off then.  Only one nation will be loaded and I will play it alongside my career save, where I am currently in Greece.

The two of you who read my threads will know I love my stats, so will record the save in the usual way.  I am thinking youth only too.

Not sure how long it will last but will give it a shot.

13 minutes ago, git2thachoppa said:

...That seems to result in a more realistic game, rather than the sudden great rise of the underdogs in mine.

Hey! That's my niche! Michael!

giphy.gif?response_id=592316beb558bf4b79

I agree with @ManUtd1

So many different things will happen in the threads and games that even saves with the same concepts will get unique somehow. The style of which the 'author' uses will ultimately make it different than any other threads.

I've always been keen on writing stories into my blogs/threads but hadn't done it for a couple of years and never on this forum, then after reading some threads on here with storylines as well I found the motivation to make my own. As a more direct sort of inspiration I've recently started using Twitter posts in my thread seeing how @ManUtd1 uses them and liking the idea of it. I highly believe that taking inspiration from others is a very valuable ressource and as long as you don't copy/paste people's ideas it's all fair imo. Give it a personal twist and it's all good in the hood, esé

Generally my saves are a mix of trial and error, load up about ten different careers with different teams and leagues attached and hope one sticks. 

Far too busy trying to find a good save than wondering if I'm copying anyone :onmehead:

3 hours ago, ManUtd1 said:

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

My take - play the game/save you want to play, and write it up in here if that's what you want to do. No one has dibs on any save. 

2 hours ago, Benjoe said:

So many different things will happen in the threads and games that even saves with the same concepts will get unique somehow. The style of which the 'author' uses will ultimately make it different than any other threads.

I think these posts hit the nail exactly on the head. 

If someone thinks that your idea is really cool and wants to copy then..... great, the more the merrier. 

Every save is different though and the style of the updates and the way the save is players give every thread a unique slant. Someone could do a Youth Only save in Iceland and copy me, but unless they are also going to develop OCD Model Pro tendencies, get their GK's to score loads of goals AND make loads of really long and boring posts, then the thread is going to be somewhat different to mine. 

4 hours ago, ManUtd1 said:

"who won more titles in the Ecuadorian fourth tier fielding only left-footed players who speak Swahili."

It's Uruguayan....dammit.  Now I have to find something else to do....

14 hours ago, DazRTaylor said:

I will kick a Samoan club save off then.  Only one nation will be loaded and I will play it alongside my career save, where I am currently in Greece.

The two of you who read my threads will know I love my stats, so will record the save in the usual way.  I am thinking youth only too.

Not sure how long it will last but will give it a shot.

I've just started my Cook Islands youth only save and it would be great if someone did a similar save. There is not many saves on here in Oceania so would be nice to follow someone trying a similar career.

I really need to get back to updating my Stopsley thread, moved on quite a few seasons since I last updated, also introduced quite a few youth players to the side over that time.

Here is our latest crazy game. 

KDFv8g.jpg

and we also have a tight CL group.

PDOmfw.jpg

1 minute ago, Keano16 said:

Any ideas for a save? Anything at all, I'm looking for something to start up now or after my exams in a few weeks. 

What kind of save do you usually fancy?

I'm having the absolutely craziest season I've possibly ever had in FM. I'm playing as Bradford Park Avenue(I have a save with them most FM's), who start in the Conference North, we're in the 18/19 season. After back to back promotions, we're in League 2, and runaway leaders for a third promotion in a row. That's all well and good, possible with some exceptional loans(Man Utd gave us Angel Gomes), combined with playing 4-3-1-2 and setting the pitch to the smallest dimensions so opposition have to play on our terms.

The real fun, and craziness is in the cups. This season once we hit our goals, we started drawing big teams.

3de9c5b8e93eafd43000e7363e94a06e.png

We've also absolutely punked on these big teams! They keep thinking "oh, League 2 side, chuck in the U-19s", and well, that suited us fine enough!

League Cup run was eerily similar to Bradford City's real life run in 12/13, just that we managed to cap it. Actually going to be a League 1 side with Europa League football. :lol:

We also have over 6m in the bank now, which is a massive boon and should power us forward ever more.

21 minutes ago, BoxToBox said:

What kind of save do you usually fancy?

16 is my first FM and my laptop broke pretty soon after I got the game so I haven't had many saves! Just a short one with Watford before the laptop broke, and one with Southampton/Sampdoria as well the Irish one.

I'm up for anything really, just looking for ideas and seeing if anything catches my eye.

I certainly won't be competing in the Europa League with a league one side though.....

3 minutes ago, Keano16 said:

16 is my first FM and my laptop broke pretty soon after I got the game so I haven't had many saves! Just a short one with Watford before the laptop broke, and one with Southampton/Sampdoria as well the Irish one.

I'm up for anything really, just looking for ideas and seeing if anything catches my eye.

I certainly won't be competing in the Europa League with a league one side though.....

How about Germany, perhaps an eastern side that haven't had much glory in a long time like Magdeburg.

I was going to do a fc kaiserslautern save next, but I found something else that caught my eye.  Unfortunately, no ones done a database for Macedonian tier three teams yet, so I think I'll have to create it in the editor and go from there.  

Problem is the team is already in the fm database, so I may have to tweak a couple of things around.

Or find a db with the team in it.  Been looking, but my search full has failed me.

Jellico73

4 minutes ago, Jellico73 said:

I was going to do a fc kaiserslautern save next, but I found something else that caught my eye.  Unfortunately, no ones done a database for Macedonian tier three teams yet, so I think I'll have to create it in the editor and go from there.  

Problem is the team is already in the fm database, so I may have to tweak a couple of things around.

Or find a db with the team in it.  Been looking, but my search full has failed me.

Jellico73

Claassen's Macedonia DB has the first 2 tiers, why don't you holiday a season until the team you want gets promoted?

1 hour ago, Makoto Nakamura said:

Claassen's Macedonia DB has the first 2 tiers, why don't you holiday a season until the team you want gets promoted?

I'm looking for a specific team, no guarantees it will be promoted after one year of vacation.

Jellico73

Just now, Jellico73 said:

I'm looking for a specific team, no guarantees it will be promoted after one year of vacation.

Jellico73

That's why you save about a week before the reset, then the day before and then just keep holidaying that final day until the team you want comes up. :)

7 hours ago, Keano16 said:

Any ideas for a save? Anything at all, I'm looking for something to start up now or after my exams in a few weeks. 

Could do an international-only game, where you load the smallest league and then every player from every country and then go from there, it was surprisingly fun playing as Netherlands Antilles back when the game didn't have the minor international competitions so it was just friendlies.

Or load some leagues you like, don't add yourself and see what vacancies comes up and insert yourself in ones that look interesting.

It helps massively to keep an eye on what's going on in the game world around you, you'll never even have to start a new game, there's loads of different challenges and stories out there if you're following the history and context and dramas they've gone through. Otherwise all the clubs just kind of look the same - a bunch of teams in a league with random players who you want to get wins with.

I'd highly recommend a Scandinavian save, @Keano16 - good quality football, good regens, fast seasons, and the ability to complete in Europe. 

A youth academy only save with IFK Malmo rekindled my love for the game back on FM 15.

2 hours ago, git2thachoppa said:

Could do an international-only game, where you load the smallest league and then every player from every country and then go from there, it was surprisingly fun playing as Netherlands Antilles back when the game didn't have the minor international competitions so it was just friendlies.

Or load some leagues you like, start unemployed with the highest reputation and see what comes up.

I love small nation international only saves. Haven't done one for a while but a few years back I nearly got Namibia and Vietnam to the World Cup.

There used to be a challenge in the challenge forum to take on nations who hadn't appeared in the World Cup before and try to get them there. Good times.

I can highly recommend Africa too. Anywhere in Africa is fun. And inconsistent. And hectic. It's all good. Only person not allowed to enter the African continent is @BoxToBox. Don't want him to win everything with a team from the Mayotte Premier League (currently the playable league with lowest rep. in my save) in his 4th season and then win the WC with the NT after 8 years total. 

Warning though: Names can confuse everyone in Swaziland.

b297788f6bc453d8c531e452b0ddfdcb.png

Archived