Real Life Career Updates?

calcal

This is something of interest to all those who play and follow the San Marino careers on here, an e-mail in the football365 mailbox this afternoon...

I’d like to say a huge thank you to Alan Gasperoni, President of La Fiorita. I travelled up to watch Linfield play La Fiorita in the Champions League 1st qualifying round. I had a lot of reasons to do this. Partly because (since playing as them repeatedly in Championship Manager) I am a bit of a Linfield fan, partly because I am an enormous fan of San Marino and everything Sammarinese (yes, genuinely), partly because I really wanted to see a match in the Champions League, and this was the only one I could really go to, but mostly because I needed to prove to myself I could organise and do the trip all by myself. I have a long history of mental health issues. I’m 37, but was not diagnosed as having Autism until I was 34, and realised that for those 34 years I had been exploited by almost everyone I trusted, including my (now ex) partner of 10 years.

I’d contacted both Linfield and La Fiorita about the game. Linfield never replied, but La Fiorita did. Alan replied directly to me, and was really pleased I wanted to go. He said if I could meet him before the game he’d give me a ticket. So I got my motorbike, rode the 250 miles to Liverpool, then took the 8-hour ferry over (I don’t fly). I met Alan at the team hotel and he was a ball of energy and enthusiasm. He only had a couple of minutes to spare, but he was such a great guy, really friendly. I wish we could have spoken for longer.

For the game itself, there was no away seating, which was terrifying. I kept my jumper on, but I was wearing my La Fiorita shirt underneath. La Fiorita were clearly second-best in all areas. They were slower at moving and poorer at both passing and tackling, therefore they needed to use numbers to defend, and cut all mistakes (and fouls) to an absolute minimum. Linfield (like England) fell for this and constantly just tried to walk through the defence rather than either find a way over/round, or pull it out of shape. I really love watching a team defend like this, and it so nearly worked. But with less than 5 minutes left, La Fiorita wanted a goal, and sadly, their first touch was their biggest weakness, they lost possession and fell for a classic counter-attack. Unable to get enough bodies back to block, their defence was rounded and a last minute goal ended the game 1-0. Whoever scored also came over to celebrate with the crowd in front of me and I was in the second row too, so had to pretend to clap too.

I was heartbroken at the time. But now two days later, I realise this was La Fiorita’s best result in Europe ever, and one of San Marino’s best football results on any stage. It’s a real shame I won’t be able to make it to the 2nd leg.

Before the game I was a San Marino fan, but now after meeting Alan, I am definitely a La Fiorita fan too

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get ready for some mass editing, because Photobucket have removed the ability to add your images to forums with image tags unless you pay them $400.

This is a real thing that's happening.

So now that Photobucket have killed off their website, what is the alternative that is easy to upload, put on forums and won't ever get removed eventually like one or two others do?

That's messed me up as well, so I'm just posting them directly to my thread from now on.  They don't show up as large in posts (and it takes a bit of editing to get everything where I want it in the post) but clicking on them does allow you to see a full view so I don't think I'm really losing anything.

Does imgur remove images from your account eventually?

I ask 'cause I know that ImageShack does this, so just looking for one good site that doesn't, and doesn't require downloading bollocks either.

I binned Photobucket a while ago. I must admit that I found the transition to Gyazo awkward at first but got used to it and now it's better than fine. I haven't learned how to use GIF's yet though. 

I don't understand how Photobucket are going to stay in business though. Who is going to pay anywhere near that sort of fee for that sort of service, A nominal fee quite possibly, but something sizeable like that? You must be joking.

Great - between the migration from the old forum meaning a chunk of my early career has disappeared and the old posts have messed up formatting, and now Photobucket committing image storage suicide, my thread (a 2-year real time chronicle of my FM 15 career) now looks a real mess. :mad:

As long as you've got the images saved in a folder called FM, it's really easy to just upload the whole lot in one go to an imgur account. At least Photobucket have allowed you to see where an image was so you can easily replace it and leave them to die off in peace.

5 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

So I am doing the Ultimate Manager challenge and I am currently manager of Senegal, so my best player Saido Mane retires at the age of 29 during a World Cup qualifying campaign, WTF, surely this is a bug.

It happens.  I've had two players announce their retirements during the season leading up to a World Cup, when they'd be a starter (or one of the first off the bench).

11 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

So I am doing the Ultimate Manager challenge and I am currently manager of Senegal, so my best player Saido Mane retires at the age of 29 during a World Cup qualifying campaign, WTF, surely this is a bug.

Been happening since at least 2007, players will retire before a World Cup even.

So currently in an FM15 Hexagon Save and I am under strive to perform after losing a cup game against Central Coast Mariners in the first round of the FFA Cup so I have to be called into the meeting and discuss the proposal

20170709160209_1.thumb.jpg.9ab355f7318345516a9d6608e30e7cca.jpg

The only problem is umm, we are in pre-season so starting that challenge will be a bit long.

20170709160228_1.thumb.jpg.8f9be5f1fb918b924b7a6214accf55de.jpg

Yes, Australia does have a team in the AFC Confederations Cup as the top league is down to 21st in 2023.

Well I left Ajax, I applied for the Chelsea, Athletico Madrid, Bayern Munich, PSG and Barcelona job and got laughed at for applying, but was kinda expecting not to get a top job, I also applied for the Wycombe job who are in the Championship so hopefully I can get that job and try build something with them.

UPDATE - I took the Wycombe job.

Just won the Europa League in my first season as Everton manager in my Ultimate Manager challenge save, also managed to get 5th place and get a higher position then Liverpool so that is good, Lukaku got 44 goals in 44 games, he is a beast even at 31 years old in my save, he got 30 in 32 Premier League games as well, might stay at Everton unless a big job comes available. 

Everton.png

2 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Am I annoying people posting in here, just prefer to post in here as I aint good and writing out my own thread, I can stop posting in here if people prefer.

You're definitely not annoying anyone by posting in here, @Ronaldo Beckham - @Jimbokav1971 was just suggesting that you could create a thread for your save since you show a lot of passion about it.

Would make it easier for readers to keep track of your progress, and you'd get more response - ie. People congratulating your results, asking about tactics and such. 

Don't worry if you don't know what to write or if feel you're not the greatest at writing - you'll learn and improve these things over time. You can also  look at some of the threads around the forum to get inspiration and see if you'd like to attempt something simmilar or maybe different. 

This is of course only a suggestion. You should do whatever you get the most joy out of! :)

Am I annoying people posting in here, just prefer to post in here as I aint good and writing out my own thread, I can stop posting in here if people prefer.

I'm not annoyed in the slightest. If you don't want to create a thread then don't feel you have to. 

There is a mini updates thread that they are maybe better suited to: https://community.sigames.com/topic/397341-the-all-new-fmcu-mini-updates-thread/

Quick Update

So after 3 seasons at Everton and getting 6th.6th and 5th the 3 seasons I was there, also winning the Europa League, League and FA Cup as well I decided to leave and take over at Schalke, I felt like I was never going to win the league with Everton so leaving the English Prem for now, want to have a crack at the German league.

I don't know if they do it nowadays but, if they don't, SI seriously need a manual (or official FAQ) that details what attributes and every other little thing does. No point having a feature if no one's sure what it does and take educated guesses.

Archived