FM18 Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, darren1983 said:

@Bartrcm congrats on getting to Europe. 

@Eljayem I've just had a look and if you do the set up starting in Brazil in 2016 the sides in England for 2017/18 have already been confirmed so Havant are already in the league as they are in real life for 2017/18 so they're not eligible for this challenge 

Ok thank you, so no promoted clubs like irl.

Tnx:)

Holy smokes the new dynamics add a whole new layer to this challenge......

I have character who has decided that my level of inexperience is an issue (fair point, but shhh!).  Sadly this character also happens to be the club captain, a member of the core social group and a team leader in the hierarchy......

He has turned half the squad against me, although thankfully it has not had any noticeable effect to this point.

Truth be told, we are performing above expectations to far, but there has been zero change to my relationship with the team.  Hoping things update when the season is over.  One thing that is currently planned to happen, our captain is not willing to renew his contract, so that problem would go away, but I am sure that will create its own new problem! :)

dynamics.thumb.png.3976c81cff65ec8963ec29dea6a89f9c.png

Anyone have any tips on how to gain managerial support?  Currently playing well, do I just ride this out and wait for my experience level / reputation to rise?

40 minutes ago, Braumiller said:

Anyone have any tips on how to gain managerial support?  Currently playing well, do I just ride this out and wait for my experience level / reputation to rise?

Ride it out I say, when I took over I had 3/4 (not to your level) oppose me while the rest had no opinion but good results and my own rep improving (with coaching courses) seemed to help, now in my squad of 20 17 support me while the other 3 have no opinion 

49 minutes ago, darren1983 said:

Sadly not no as it's a nice idea but teams and fixtures for the 2017/18 season are set in stone - I took a screenshot to show

Tested it many times, but yess your are right...they are set in stone...lol, but Im gonna to use it anyway, cause it gives clubs in the lower divisions youth intake, so those clubs with not that many players to their disposal, have a little bit more, so Im gonna give it a shot and hope for Bishop or some other nice club:).

Tnx

3 hours ago, Crowy said:

Yeah, I actually like the format of this league.  It's a good way of getting in 36 games, only problem is 4 of the 12 teams get relegated, YIKES!

Yeah I didn't fare well with Holbæk so hopefully Varde will be easier :)

Would be a nice option to put 1 created player in your promoted club. Starting potential around 47 and potential ability around 140/150, would be awsome to see how he is progressing. Some kind of tribute to Chris Holmes...The Chris Holmes Youth Academy Challenge.

19 hours ago, Gareth Winter said:

I am on my 4th attempt with Billericay. Got fired first 3 times without even getting into the NL.

Now got the team firing so hopefully be better this time ;)

You must de determined if you could get fired 3 times and keep going, I know i would've stopped the first time i was sacked. Lucky for me that hasn't happened.

On 18/11/2017 at 14:35, darren1983 said:

It took me 4 or 5 seasons last year and I'm not really doing that well in it this year so I'm probably not the person to ask! :D However what I try is come up with a system that gets the best out of my best players and hope it clicks (think last year I only went up via playoffs and never looked like winning the league) @fairsy has done back to back promotions to the football league so maybe he has some advice?

My only advice would be to try and outscore the opposition - when I try and play a more defensive game I still concede just never score! I take the odd heavy defeat but they don't seem to sap morale much so not a big deal.

Season going well in L2, comfortably in the mid table and just outside the play offs.

But a HUGE blow, my best player from lst years intake - a 16 year old CM with potential for the Championship who had already broken into my team, has been sold by my chairman because the 'offer was too good to turn down'.

I can only presume it was like the Godfather where my chairman was told with a gun to his head that either his brains or his signature would be on the contract........because the too good to refuse offer was £45k. £45k. £45k. I couldn't believe it - is there not a way to try and stop these deals.

My other best player whi was in squad at start as a member of 17-18 intake is refusing to sign a new contract so I'll probably lose him at the end of the season too.

About time I threw my hat into the ring. Welcome the new manager of Margate FC, newly promoted to the National League South.

Since I knew that this was going to be tough, I held off posting until Season 18/19 was completed. It's been a real challenge, mainly due to not having the numbers to field a proper team at times, but we've somehow managed to hold our own in this league.

With the media tipping us to go down in 21st place, I was not expecting much, but we ran out in a very commendable 12th place, even flirting with the playoffs for a while at the start, which seems miraculous when you take into account that we regularly had to play games with grey players on the bench, due to our tiny squad. Lost several first team players to rival teams, simply because they were on amateur contracts and would not re-sign. As a result, once regen day came around, I signed every candidate, simply to give us cover for the inevitable injuries and something to use next season, when several of our older players will be released.

All-in-all I'm feeling quite optimistic. Although our finances have taken a battering and we're due to lose a few players at the end of season, I now feel like we at least have a squad that offers enough depth to cover for injuries and allow some rotation. With some hard work and a huge pinch of luck, I'm predicting that we can improve on our league position next term and aim for a promotion within two years (famous last words).

As yet, I've not been able to get much upgrade of facilities, simply because of finances and am expecting this to be very slow progress. Guess we need to start turning a profit somehow.

4 hours ago, OneManSnipez said:

You must de determined if you could get fired 3 times and keep going, I know i would've stopped the first time i was sacked. Lucky for me that hasn't happened.

Haha determined, stupid, you decide :D

The one thing that has annoyed me across all 4 attempts is that I cannot get rid of Jermaine Pennant. I don't want him and his wages are 3k p/w. He refuses to leave!!!

@fairsy: Yes, they don't have that much sense of money and sizes of fees, unfortunately.

Someone else here suggested to set Asking Prize to 0,0 and offer them to other clubs. 

If he is wanted by other clubs and chooses one of them, you can cancel the deal.

But he might still choose the Chairman's club and the player will be dissatisfied. Plus the new Dynamics might turn it into a nightmare😊

1 hour ago, andershs said:

@fairsy: Yes, they don't have that much sense of money and sizes of fees, unfortunately.

Someone else here suggested to set Asking Prize to 0,0 and offer them to other clubs. 

If he is wanted by other clubs and chooses one of them, you can cancel the deal.

But he might still choose the Chairman's club and the player will be dissatisfied. Plus the new Dynamics might turn it into a nightmare😊

Whilst it's hugely frustrating to lose players like that, doing something like that feels like cheating - just feel you should be able to request the board don't accept it, or offer the player a new contract.

Mine was on transfer deadline day, so when I pressed continue I had 2 news items which was the offer being accepted and the deal having gone through!

I should maybe have negotiated the first offers to a more unreasonable level to scare them off and stop them coming back, but that may not have worked when my chairman has the backbone of a snake!

5 hours ago, fairsy said:

My only advice would be to try and outscore the opposition - when I try and play a more defensive game I still concede just never score! I take the odd heavy defeat but they don't seem to sap morale much so not a big deal.

Yeah I started to realise that, I was trying to play a defensive game and was still conceding the most over a season, not that i am a bit mroe attacking i am getting more positive results.

4 hours ago, fairsy said:

Whilst it's hugely frustrating to lose players like that, doing something like that feels like cheating - just feel you should be able to request the board don't accept it, or offer the player a new contract.

Mine was on transfer deadline day, so when I pressed continue I had 2 news items which was the offer being accepted and the deal having gone through!

I should maybe have negotiated the first offers to a more unreasonable level to scare them off and stop them coming back, but that may not have worked when my chairman has the backbone of a snake!

You are right. While it is possible, it is manipulation of the AI, if you can talk about such a term.

But I must admit, I have used it at times:)

I tend to find it hard to negotiate offers, as my chairman often just accepts the first bid given, leaving me with no option to even get a fair price. And when that price is near the actual value of the player, which is close to zero, in the lower leagues, it is hard to come to terms with that it will cover a very small fraction of the clubs deficit.

Add to that, that the chairman will blame you in the coming Confidence Reviews, that the deal was financially poorly done:)

It would be nice, if some logic could be incorporated comparing the amount received to the overall balance of the clubs economy and the status of the player. I now it might be hard to code.

THIS IS SPARTA.......ns

The_Spartans_FC_Logo.png

SEASON 2 2019-2020

Club Info | Finances | 1st Team Squad |Profile

Ok, survived the first year but need to rework my tactics if I'm looking to make this a success.  Normally I focus on keeping it tight and attempt to hit on the counter, however looking at the abundance of players who can play up top I've decided to use a 4-3-3 formation, keep it narrow and hit it long......it aint going to be pretty but it's the best I can do.

SEASON REVIEW

So with the new tactic, how was this going to play.

League Cup - Early days of the new tactic and not looking good, got well and truly beat in all games.  Finished bottom again.

Challenge Cup - Lost on pens to the Hearts youth team.....not sure this is going to work.

Scottish Cup - Lost to the Ghost of Lama's in Gretna 2008.

League - ermmm.....how did this happen.  I got promoted via the playoffs.  The new tactic lead to some high scoring games, but tacking inspiration from Kevin Keegan's entertainers at Newcastle, if they score 1 we score 3.  Truth is we had been near the top or even top for a fair amount of the season, Clyde however had a much better run in while I was still hit and miss.

YOUTH

We lost Gary Page YP01 to Hibs on a free, this was my error in not getting a part time contract in early enough and tie him down.  £10.5k in compensation is about 1/5 the value I put on him as well.  Lesson learned the hard way.

Another nice intake, I'll be honest I let a little yelp of joy when I saw it.  A complete back line to grow and develop the Gods have been kind.  I sign all of them really to build depth.

Petrit Krasniqi YP02 (DL) | Brad Lavery YP02 (DC) | Euan Smith YP02 (DC) | Mark Dicknson YP02 (DR)

I managed to increase the coaching and network over the season, I have decent enough facilities for this level for the time being but by the end of the season I'll be committing £15k per month to the youth, I think this is as far as I can go without really screwing over the club.

OTHER STUFF

Transfers - Fee & Released players.  Not much here, lost 2 goalkeepers who were not terrible but not good enough to make a claim for the number one jersey.  Lost a few senior defenders who for one reason or the other didn't want to resign.

Takeover - This happens more often in challenges and can take a long time....however I have never seen one completed in a day (offer/accepted the next day. The new Chairman must have been worried when the old one wept tears of joy and skipped out of the stadium singing 'Happy Days are Here Again'.  There was a bit of a cash injection (went to improving youth coaching) and I managed to re-introduce the philosphy of developing youth players for the first team.

Senior Affiliate - During the close season and after a battle in the boardroom with the new Chairmen, I managed to convice him of the benefits of having a senior affiliate.  I was given the choice 2 Premiership sides, Queen of The South or Ross County.  There was only one choice and I welcome the money, and home tie that Ross County will be giving me.

NEXT SEASONS AIM

Spoiler

giphy.gif

Woo i finally managed to avoid the sack on my 4th attempt with Billericay :) Won the league in the first season, it went down to the last game, I tried my best in the last few games to bottle it.

I will do a full update in my thread tomorrow, can't be arsed to record a video tonight.

barracas_150.png.55df040763cc86f790d24d3523753cdd.png

Season 01 - 2018/19

Argentine 2nd Division - 9th

• This squad is very old on average – first choice XI at the start is (29, 28, 29, 30, 27, 34, 27, 29, 30, 32 & 31) 29.6 years old.  Then main positive is that they are our squads main (only) source of determination and I will be tutoring our collective backsides off! 
  • The year 00 youth intake (the holiday'd season) was not great 
    • Pablo Gamarra - 00A – Nice enough looking central midfield prospect, but low determination and an unambitious personality do not bode well 
    • Santiago Shecter - 00B – A possible long term striker prospect (late edit at the end of the season, only now noticing that he is 6ft 5in!  Might try and utilize that.....) 
  • Appointed new HOYD and he looks great 
  • A very English 442 installed, time to spread the formation back around the world! 
  • Lost first two league games by 1-6 aggregate and 3 of our first 4 games in total..... 
  • We then went unbeaten in 12 league games (half the season) 
  • During this though, Carlos Arce (captain, team leader and core social group member) turns on me for my inexperience and not having a positive influence on the squad.  Most agree with him..... 
  • Season 01 Youth Intake appears and it is very underwhelming 
  • When I took charge the chairman was already looking to sell the club and it happened before the halfwau mark of the season.  New guy seems nice enough....  
  • Receive a 950k bid from China for Matais Sproat, my best player.  Respond with a 3m value and they walk. 
  • I then have to offer Sproat a better contract to appease him.  I do, he is appeased. 
  • (Turns out 442 is a very popular formation in the Argentine Second Division) 
  • Unrest finally takes its toll on our form and we slip from a high of 3rd to finish in 9th place, still well above our media prediction of 21st (1000-1) 
  • This includes losing our 5th Round Argentine Cup match (our first round) 
  • While trying to fight out of a form dip tailspin, we also play a 4411.  Season 02 will see us use both the 442 and the 4411 
  • Holy crap, after the final games of the season I found out about the relegation spots and rules.....  The bottom 6 are relegated, but it is based on the average points from the past 3 seasons!  One of this years relegated teams finished 7th this year! 
  • Final League table - Average Points Table (for relegation) 
  • Seasons Results 
  • Squad Stats
  • Top performers
    • Ariel Coronel – Not in the day 1 line-up, but when given his chance he took it
    • Matias Sproat - Was my constant in the side, occupying the left wing.  Turned down almost 1m for him from China and glad I did
    • Ivan Tapia - My current young player I am focusing on.  Played as my 2nd striker for a chunk of the season and then dropped to AMC in the 4411
  • Finances in the Argentine Second Division are terrible..... 
  • Seasons transfers 

• Season 02 targets 
    • Continue to bring through some youth to lower average age 
    • Renegotiate contracts during the summer (almost all contracts are up for renewal) and let those go that either will not play or do not have valuable tutoring benefits 
    • Top half finish 
    • Drama free season with the squad 

9 hours ago, Braumiller said:

Congrats @MackieStaggie!

Very jealous of your (and others) intakes! :thup:

Thanks, the red herring is that the current ability is marked against the current team, most of who are playing about 2 leagues above their level.

That's a pretty mental relegation situation in the Argentine setup btw.  

On 11/19/2017 at 15:20, Braumiller said:

Holy smokes the new dynamics add a whole new layer to this challenge......

I have character who has decided that my level of inexperience is an issue (fair point, but shhh!).  Sadly this character also happens to be the club captain, a member of the core social group and a team leader in the hierarchy......

He has turned half the squad against me, although thankfully it has not had any noticeable effect to this point.

Truth be told, we are performing above expectations to far, but there has been zero change to my relationship with the team.  Hoping things update when the season is over.  One thing that is currently planned to happen, our captain is not willing to renew his contract, so that problem would go away, but I am sure that will create its own new problem! :)

dynamics.thumb.png.3976c81cff65ec8963ec29dea6a89f9c.png

I've taken to praising players constantly for their training levels and conduct, along with recent form and last game where relevant. It keeps morale up and gets players on your side. You can also ask your captain/vice-captain about the dressing room atmosphere to get their opinion, which cheers them up a bit as they feel involved. 

4 hours ago, MackieStaggie said:

Thanks, the red herring is that the current ability is marked against the current team, most of who are playing about 2 leagues above their level.

That's a pretty mental relegation situation in the Argentine setup btw.  

Yep, but for progressing your squad I have never found 5 star potential to be bad :) :thup: 

The relegation is crazy.  This upcoming season it is the same, but 5 go down.

The Argentine league is in a re-org currently.  The Premier League is whittling its way down to 20 teams and will then play home and away games (this year there were 27?, and they played each other once).

Last year there were 25 in our Second Division and we played just 24 games (each team once).  This upcoming season we are down to 23 teams, but now play home and away games for 44 league games!  There are definitely going to be more opportunities for the kids to get first team minutes!

59 minutes ago, Britrock said:

I've taken to praising players constantly for their training levels and conduct, along with recent form and last game where relevant. It keeps morale up and gets players on your side. You can also ask your captain/vice-captain about the dressing room atmosphere to get their opinion, which cheers them up a bit as they feel involved. 

I will be taking this advice onboard going forward!  It appears I have the squad back to neutral, now to get them behind me!

ground_flint.jpg

FLINT TOWN UNITED - SEASON FIVE - 2022/23

Welsh Cup - League Cup

League Table:

We struggled this season, we just made it into the top 6 then only picked up 1 point from the Championship games but we found our winning mentality when it mattered in the European Play-Offs

Europa League:

Got knocked out by a much superior team, the money is nice though!

Transfers:

No one left the club this year

Finances:

European football helps us a lot, we are slowly improving the Youth side of facilities.

Youth Intake:

Robbie White could be the best product so far.

Best XI

Career Overview:

Season    League    Position    Welsh Cup       League Cup      Training Facilities    Youth Facilities     Junior Coaching     Youth Recruitment   Achievements/Notes        Top Scorer
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018/19   WPL       9th         Semi-Finals     Winners         Poor                   Poor                 Minimal             Limited             N/A                       Bull (24) 
2019/20   WPL       10th        4th Rnd         3rd Rnd         Poor                   Poor                 Fairly Basic        Limited             N/A                       Smyth/Bull (15)
2020/21   WPL       5th         1st Rnd         1st Rnd         Poor                   Poor                 Fairly Basic        Limited             N/A                       Smyth (21)
2021/22   WPL       4th         4th Rnd         Finalists       Poor                   Poor                 Adequate            Basic               N/A                       Maxwell (YP19e) (31)
2022/23   WPL       6th         Semi-Finals     1st Rnd         Poor                   Basic                Good                Fairly Basic        N/A                       Maxwell (YP19e) (23)

On 07/11/2017 at 22:41, QSF25 said:

One tip for this was to increase youth coaching and recruitment before facilities right?

I enjoy following this thread. I'm doing my own Youth Academy Challenge where I created my own bespoke club in the editor and populated it with a squad of 15-16 year olds in an 8th tier club, but it's not following your rules so I'll not mention it (again).

I just chipped in to point out something new in FM18 - a category named "Youth Interest". No one seems to know what if means or does but it must surely affect you guys. You can't see it or change it, and I guess it must be similar to the category about how much the nation is interested in football. Anyway, I'd have thought that it would affect the quality of newgens depending on the nation you're managing in. It's one to monitor if at all possible. 

7 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

I enjoy following this thread. I'm doing my own Youth Academy Challenge where I created my own bespoke club in the editor and populated it with a squad of 15-16 year olds in an 8th tier club, but it's not following your rules so I'll not mention it (again).

I just chipped in to point out something new in FM18 - a category named "Youth Interest". No one seems to know what if means or does but it must surely affect you guys. You can't see it or change it, and I guess it must be similar to the category about how much the nation is interested in football. Anyway, I'd have thought that it would affect the quality of newgens depending on the nation you're managing in. It's one to monitor if at all possible. 

Is "Youth interest" a club attribute?

58279a028e8b9_DulwichHamletBadge.png.2d66c72cdce5cbf19c1380bdd2f3376a.png

Season Review 2019/20

League - an odd season, on the surface 12th straight after promotion is very good, but it could have been so much better. Started the season slowly with only 2 wins in our first 10 games, we then started to find out feet and a 14 match unbeaten run (11 wins in that) over the winter period saw us erase any relegation fears and even get to within a couple of points of the leaders. In the final 14 games as injuries and suspensions started to hit our small squad we only won twice dropping us from 4th to 12th. The only plus point to this was the large number of young players that got a handful of games (for a couple of the games we had 6 youth team players starting)

FA Trophy - a nice run but the Hartlepool games fell right at the start of our poor run

FA Cup - came during our good run as we made it all the way to the 3rd round where we were drawn away to Premier League side.....Sawansea :( we did alright only losing 3-1 and got £182k from it.

Transfers - None in and only 1 out this year

Finances - Looking alright, had some upgrades (junior coaching now at exceptional) 

Youth Intake - not bad, still not happy with many of the personalities we get, I do like the mix of 2nd nationalities though

Mal Davies (YP02A) - CM which is an area we need, can play in a couple other roles too

Meta Djalo (YP02B) - another CM, got some game time in the run in playing 5 games and getting 2 assists. Promising start

Keith Lee (YP02C) - decent looking CB 

Sean Tierney (YP02D) -  needs work but a promising forward I think

Career Overview

Season		League	Position	Achievements 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018/19		VNLS	1st 		League winners, Promotion
2019/20		VNL	12th 		

Next Season

There's going to be massive changes this close season as I plan to completely overhaul my coaching setup. I also need to settle on a style of play and build some tactics to suit that in order to really coach the youth players into a system. 

Image result for ofk beograd

OFK Belgrade - 2019/20

League (9th) - A season of improvement. We had a slow start and early on I decided to change tactics after finding we kept dominating teams but failing to win. The first half of the season overall however didn't improve much and we found ourselves just inside the relegation zone going into the mid-season break.

Fixtures 1

This steady but unreliable form took us to around the 23/24 game mark, where I decided to tweak my tactic ever so slightly. The only thing I changed was that I requested the full backs stick tighter to their man, and the backline sit slightly deeper. And what a change! We kicked on and had the best run of form I've had so far. The stats seem to indicate that having a deep defence helps us control possession, and it certainly helps us stop shipping goals from central through balls. We actually looked like a top team at this level. Fingers crossed this can continue into the new season.

Fixtures 2

Serbian Cup - 1st round again. Although we were unlucky and lost to a Super League team on penalties.

Squad - It's a young team, but on conclusion of my second season I actually feel pretty positive. We have some good young players who seem to be developing nicely. Key mentions as follows:

Bogdan Radojkovic - Top scorer (10). After a torrid first season he finally managed to find his scoring boots, and also helps hold up play pretty well which helps out the rest of the team.

Nikola Lakcevic - Top assists (8). Very good young player. Would have had more assists if it wasn't for the emergence of our star youth intake from season 1.

Pavle Radunovic - Highest average rating (7.26). Was our key player last year and his performances improved as the season went on. I wouldn't ear mark him as our best player this year though.

Vasilije Janjic - Most MoM awards (5). Naturally a right winger but due to our strength in this position I've started retraining him in a central role where he looks very comfortable.

Despite not meeting the above criteria however, I have to say that Novak Ciric 0a was my shout for player of the year. An 18 year old central midfielder who was the star regen of my holiday season. His stats have sky rocketed throughout the season and I'm excited to see just how good he can be for us in the future. Another shout has to go to my star regen from last season, Nemanja Sucurovic 1a, who replaced Lakcevic in the team at the end of the season and was simply incredible. I can't see us holding onto him for too long, but he should at least command a decent fee when Partizan/Red Star inevitably swoop (the vultures are already circling).

Transfers - More movement of deadwood. I only have about two players in my entire squad over the age of 30 now so can see the number of players leaving reducing for the next few years at least.

Youth Intake - Decent potential but unfortunately no players chomping at the bit for first team football as was the case last season. The best of the bunch was this lad.

Other - Good news. We had a takeover. Bad news. There was no change to our financial position. Troubling news. One of my players kicked off at the end of season after I "promised" him that we'd finish in the top half of the table. This was weird considering I couldn't remember saying this, and on review of our chat history there was no evidence to support this.

Bug? When things don't go well I'm going to say bug.

Next Season - No real changes in my manager over the course of the season. My board's tight and wouldn't allow me to take my next badge, although frustratingly they would let a few of my coaching staff.

I'm feeling pretty excited for the new season and believe we can finish in the top 6 if we can play as we did at the end of this season. Unfortunately for me I'd best hope that my tactics are now working, as the board are also expecting the play offs as a bare minimum. If it was a lucky fluke I'll be collecting my P45 and that's my challenge over.

This may be made trickier as Partizan and Red Star are currently repeatedly bidding for three of my best youth players (although not my two star men above). To be fair to the players they haven't kicked up a fuss, but it's surely only a matter of time...

SEASON-BY-SEASON PROGRESS

Season    League         Pos     Europe         Serbian Cup         Notes & Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018/19   First League   12th	 N/A		1st Round	    Avoided relegation on final day of season
2019/20   First League   9th     N/A            1st Round 

OFF-FIELD PROGRESS

Season   Finances  Balance Sheet  Reputation  Av. Att  Capacity  Stadium  Pitch      Corporate  Training Facs.  Youth Facs.  Jnr Coaching  Youth Rec.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018/19  Okay      (£106k)        National    440      19,100    Average  Perfect    Adequate   Average         Good         Adequate      Above average
2019/20  Okay      £57k           National    416      19,100    Average  Very good  Adequate   Average         Good         Adequate      Above average

3 minutes ago, Mikado911 said:

@darren1983

That's crazy. Did you do something weird to **** the board or promised the moon? Because I do not see how in the world they would wish to fire you. Almost look like a bug. Such a shame.

I'm sure it's a bug, got a save 7/8 days before the sacking (as I save at the start of each month) and looking at that I have 71% job security and they're "delighted with the leadership your showing" 

My promises to the board were to fight bravely against relegation. I've payed through the save on holiday a few times and I get sacked on the same day every time. 

Idk 71 is not 100 wierd shied going on even in normal football unlucky Darren. I found a little bug when you get penalty and you score a goal assist is going to player on a bench who left the game mostly a lot time before

Munich 1860 - Bundesliga - Season 2022-2023

Predicted: 18th

Final position: 1th and CHAMPIONS!!!!

This has been a very remarkable season. We only lost 1 game, and did the double over Bayern. Until 10 games before the end of the season, it was a race between us, Leverkusen and Bayern for the title. In the next 5 games Bayern collapsed completely, and it was between us and Leverkusen for the title. In the last 5 games also Leverkusen felt away, and we won Munich 1860 were crown champions for the first time since 1958. I never thought we could win the title, but it was completely deserved.

Games 1

Games 2

Cup: We reached the quarter finals for the first time, but Gelsenkirchen was to strong for us.

Europa League: We had a pretty easy run to get into the group stages. In the group stages we faced OM, CSKA Moscou and Zulte Waregem. When we saw the draw, I thought we would battle with CSKA for second place. But we were unstoppable in group stages, and finished in 1th place with 16 out 18 points. Next round we faced Red Bull Salzburg. We completely destroyed them and won 7-1. Next round was against A. Bilbao, and the were a much tougher opponent, but in the end we won 2-1. In the aurter finals we faced Hamburg, the only team that could beat us in the league. We took revenge and won both legs with 1-0. Semi final against Sporting. We won, but it wasn't deserved: 3-2. In the final our opponents were Liverpool. We took twice the lead, but both times the could equalised. In the extra times no team could score, so the lottery of the penalties would decide who will win the EL. We kept our nerves and won the shoot-out. 

MUNICH 1860 Won the EL!!!

Also our youngsters had an incredible season. They also won the double, winning the league and the cup.

Youth intake: A very good one, with 7 players with a 5* potential

Jack Marchel (YP5a): DM: Is our best position in the first team, so need to inprove a lot to have a chance.

Tom Carstens (YP5b): AML, will be re-trained as ML.

Sven Domke (YP5c): DM

Sebastian Himsl (YP5d): DC. All the big teams want him, so I think he will devellop nicely.

Alesander Bonk (YP5e): Very Welcome  ST.

Transfers: The chairman didn't sold any of our big talents, so I'm very happy.

Finances: Incredible good. Winning the league gave us €100M

Our new stadium is ready, and I could allready expand it. Unfortunally it will take 2 years to be ready.

Goals last season:

Don't lose any of our biggest talents: SUCCES

Reach Europe: SUCCES

Reach group stage Europe: SUCCES

Goals next season:

Reach 1th knock out round CL

Finish top-4 in Bundesliga

Archived