FM18 Youth Academy Challenge

ground_flint.jpg

FLINT TOWN UNITED - SEASON EIGHT - 2025/26

Welsh Cup - League Cup

League Table:

A great season and unlucky not to win the title, we must push on next season!

Europa League:

What a great adventure, good qualifying campaign then a tough draw in the Group Stage, Milan were too good but at least we got 2 wins against Qarabag which saw us finish 3rd in the group.

Transfers:

A few players went on loan.

Finances:

European money helped us, time to make some more!

Youth Intake:

Just a few back up players in this selection.

Best XI

Career Overview:

Season    League    Position    Welsh Cup       League Cup      Training Facilities    Youth Facilities     Junior Coaching     Youth Recruitment   Achievements/Notes        Top Scorer
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018/19   WPL       9th         Semi-Finals     Winners         Poor                   Poor                 Minimal             Limited             N/A                       Bull (24) 
2019/20   WPL       10th        4th Rnd         3rd Rnd         Poor                   Poor                 Fairly Basic        Limited             N/A                       Smyth/Bull (15)
2020/21   WPL       5th         4th Rnd         1st Rnd         Poor                   Poor                 Fairly Basic        Limited             N/A                       Smyth (21)
2021/22   WPL       4th         4th Rnd         Finalists       Poor                   Poor                 Adequate            Basic               N/A                       Maxwell (YP19e) (31)
2022/23   WPL       6th         Semi-Finals     1st Rnd         Poor                   Basic                Good                Fairly Basic        N/A                       Maxwell (YP19e) (23)
2023/24   WPL       4th         3rd Rnd         1st Rnd         Basic                  Basic                Excellent           Fairly Basic        N/A                       Maxwell (YP19e) (25)
2024/25   WPL       4th         4th Rnd         2nd Rnd         Basic                  Basic                Excellent           Fairly Basic        N/A                       Howells (YP21c) (36)
2025/26   WPL       2nd         Finalists       Finalists       Basic                  Basic                Exceptional         Average             N/A                       Cheedy (YP25b) (34)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

THIS IS SPARTA.......ns

The_Spartans_FC_Logo.png

SEASON 4 2020-2021

Club Info | Finances | 1st Team Squad |Profile

SEASON REVIEW

League Cup (Table/Results) - Pretty gutted not to get into the next round, had a great chance against Dunfermline but bottled it big style.  Still decent progress and a bit of optimism for the season ahead.

Chalenge Cup (Results) - Lost in the 2nd round in penalties, had our chances, just never took them.  Disappointing.

Scottish Cup (Results) - Replay loss in the 3rd round, not much too say about this.  No money and pretty dire performances, the 4th round was a draw against a Highland League side as well, could have made it to the 5th round a get a decent tie.

League (Final Table) - A decent season, halfway through we were sitting just outside the playoff position and I was hoping e could sneak in, unfortunately just after Christmas our form took a major hit and we fell out of contention.  Managed to get a run towards the end of the season but the damage was done, still finishing 6th was about 3 places better than I aimed for so it's all good.

YOUTH

Intake - Our new Head of Youth's first intake, and it's not too bad.

Micheal May YP04 - I will have to re-train May to be a striker or change my formation but that's next seasons problems.

Archie Mullen YP04 - Versatility, I like that in a player.  All in the key positions of our tactic as well.

Gary Fleming YP04 - Always need a keeper....especially since I keep losing them.

I keep losing players on pre-contracts because i forgot to tie them down....I should stop that.

OTHER STUFF

Transfers - Fee & Released players. Not much activity on the selling front, however I have got rid of most of the players from the original squad.  This means next seasons squad will be very young and inexperienced, another season like this would be great

Also set a new record this season, now I'm not saying we are a dirty team......but the evidence kind of states otherwise.

NEXT SEASONS AIM

Going to give this a wee brake until Christmas, mass amount of overtime and busy work schedule means I'm not going to get much of a chance to continue at the moment.  Thankfully I do have 2 weeks off soon so hope to catch up then.

Marine Season 2018/19 Review

League - pretty pleased with 8th in the end. We were predicted to finish 22nd (bottom) so it's a very good season. We never really threatened the playoffs though as every time we got within striking distance we lost 2/3 game son the spin

FA CupDid alright here, League One Mansfield were too good for us in the replay but we should have won the first game. 2-0 up on 88 minutes. 2-2 on 91 minutes.

FA TrophyEastleigh were too good for us on the day

TransfersNone in but Championship Cardiff picked up a player that couldn't force his way into my team which made me think I missed something in him.

Youth Intakedisappointing really (not even called a Golden generation) with just the 3 players tagged

Ross Brannon (YP1a) - wing back who will be back to my first choice next season 

Phil Henderson (YP1b) - needs lots of work but none of my back up strikers did anything this season so he may get a chance to make a career for himself

Will Perry (YP1c) - I like his physicals for a winger but sadly we don't play with them, going to train at wing back to give us an attacking option there

Career Progress

Season		League	Position	Achievements 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018/19		VNLN	8th			

Other News

Got my Brexit. Not too bad really. Last year I got the hard one where everyone, including Irish players, from outside the UK needed work permits which I think encouraged teams in the prem to reach down and grab my promising youngsters early. Will have to see if this one has any impact a few years down the line. 

ground_flint.jpg

FLINT TOWN UNITED - SEASON NINE - 2026/27

Welsh Cup - League Cup

League Table:

Once again we pushed TNS, I'm sure our time will come!

Europa League:

Wow, what a season, the Group stage was fantastic and then beating Celtic in the Knockout rounds. Villarreal were just too good in the end

Transfers:

One out on loan

Finances:

We are geting rich!

Youth Intake:

Once again nothing of note in the intake.

Best XI

Career Overview:

Season    League    Position    Welsh Cup       League Cup      Training Facilities    Youth Facilities     Junior Coaching     Youth Recruitment   Achievements/Notes        Top Scorer
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018/19   WPL       9th         Semi-Finals     Winners         Poor                   Poor                 Minimal             Limited             N/A                       Bull (24) 
2019/20   WPL       10th        4th Rnd         3rd Rnd         Poor                   Poor                 Fairly Basic        Limited             N/A                       Smyth/Bull (15)
2020/21   WPL       5th         4th Rnd         1st Rnd         Poor                   Poor                 Fairly Basic        Limited             N/A                       Smyth (21)
2021/22   WPL       4th         4th Rnd         Finalists       Poor                   Poor                 Adequate            Basic               N/A                       Maxwell (YP19e) (31)
2022/23   WPL       6th         Semi-Finals     1st Rnd         Poor                   Basic                Good                Fairly Basic        N/A                       Maxwell (YP19e) (23)
2023/24   WPL       4th         3rd Rnd         1st Rnd         Basic                  Basic                Excellent           Fairly Basic        N/A                       Maxwell (YP19e) (25)
2024/25   WPL       4th         4th Rnd         2nd Rnd         Basic                  Basic                Excellent           Fairly Basic        N/A                       Howells (YP21c) (36)
2025/26   WPL       2nd         Finalists       Finalists       Basic                  Basic                Exceptional         Average             N/A                       Cheedy (YP25b) (34)
2026/27   WPL       2nd         Quater Finals   3rd Rnd         Basic                  Basic                Exceptional         Average             N/A                       Davies (YP26b) (32)

I've decided to take a break from my Marine game as I want to focus more on youth. I want to go a place I haven't been before and I want a real challenge. So my question is this, can I play in Gibraltar, @darren1983? I'll be using the official SI download for it, and the Segunda does not have any relegation. Might I take over the team who finished bottom and try from there?

If this is not following the rules, is downloaded nations eligible for this challenge as well? Or is it only for the vanilla nations?

barracas_150.png.55df040763cc86f790d24d3523753cdd.png

Barracas Central
Season 05 - 2022/23
Argentine Premier Division - 1st (Champions!)

• Well, I had to test the water....  I offered Maximiliano Munoz – YP 02B to Porto & Arsenal for 5m upfront and 9m more in installments, with a 50% of next transfer clause (he is valued 2.2m currently).  They didn't bite.  I offered a few more time, each time lowering the price and still nothing.  I am not pushing it any further for now, as they are not interested in a price range I would consider. 
  • Santiago Shechter – YP 00B gains his first full cap for Israel! 
  • We started the season our with a thumping 2-5 loss to last years champs in the cup 
  • Thankfully our luck changed and we got two very tight (some would say lucky) 2-1 wins in the league and then a more comfortable 2-0 for 3 wins out of 3 
  • Our form is very streaky.  We lose 2 in a row, then won 6 in a row, then go 3 without a win.  We are scoring a LOT, but also very leaky at the back 
  • Youth Intake time!  Guess what?  A striker is our #1 prospect again.....  A middle of the road intake.
    • Jose Maria Medrano – YP 05A –Love the determination and the personality.  There is already a YP logjam up front, so JMM will need to shine bright to get a look in currently  
    • Pedro Veron – YP 05B – A decent looking left back, who I may try and work into games over the next 12 months 
    • Angel Cuevas – YP 05C – A winger that currently does not fit into the system, although I am saying this more often than I am comfortable with 
  • In January we receive the news that our 6th place finish last year actually gets us into the Copa Libertadores and not the Copa Sudamerica!  We start in the 2nd Qualifying round (there are 3 qualifying rounds, before the group stages) 
  • We start out against Juan Aurich of Peru.  A 2-1 away win sets us up nicely and then a comfy 5-1 home win.  300k prize money! 
  • 3rd qualifying round is against Emelec of Ecuador.  Tougher this time, but we a late winner for 3-2 at our place and then a 3-1 win away from home.  Another 300k! 
  • Group stages draw and we get;
    • Cruzerio of Brazil
    • Liga de Quito of Ecuador
    • Univeridad de Chile. 
  • These games are jammed inbetween a lot of HUGE league games and league forms suffers a little. 
  • We eventually win 4, draw 1 and lose 1 in the group stages, so we qualify for the knockout rounds (the Copa Libertadores still follows the calendar year format, so the knockout stages are August onwards and we will pick up at the start of next season).  It states 1m participation money, but I have not seen a penny of this yet, presuming it is handed out at the end of the tournament. 
  • During the league form dip, we switched to a 442 formation (as we planned to play all along, before ditching it 4 years previous!).  We are now much more compact and hard to score against, and naturally we are scoring less as well.  Previously we had only kept 6 clean sheets in 33 games, after the change we had 7 clean sheets in 18 games and never conceding more than 2 (we had conceded 3 or more on 9 occasion beforehand!!  It was only a matter of time before I would have been called the Argentine Kevin Keegan!) 
  • In the league it is very tight coming down the wire – with 5 games to go 
  • Two games to go, a 1 point lead......  We are away at 9th place Racing Club, Rosario are at home against 19th place Godoy Cruz.  10 minutes in and a Shechter brace has us two up!  28th minute and Racing are down to 10 men!  Melillo adds a 3rd on 58 and still nothing in the Rosario game.  3 point lead (no goal difference used for breaking a 1st place tie, it would be a championship playoff game)....  Could it happen?  Time ticks down, still nothing at Rosario.  Godoy Cruz are doing us a HUGE solid....  Full times!  3 point lead with 1 game to go. 
  • Final games up next.  We are away again, this time at 16th place Lanus.  Rosario are at home again, against 5th place River Plate.  So here we go, avoid defeat and the title in ours! 
    • Here we go! 
      • 11th minute and we go 1-0 up!  Shechter! 
      • Penalty!  24th minute, 2-0 
      • 32nd minute and a howitzer for Lanus!  2-1 
      • 35th minute and River are leading! 
      • 45+1 and 2 goal lead restored, 3-1 
      • 47th minute and 4-1 – party time..... 
      • 51st minute, Rosario equalize 
      • 59th minute and Rosario lead.... 
      • A fantastically boring last half an hour in both games! 
    • Champions!!!! 
  • Squads Stats 
    • Santiago Shechter - YP 00B - This kid is just a handful, plain and simple.  A 6ft 5in striker with 14/14 pace/acceleration and other great stats.  Can you imagine if he had deadly finishing?.....  40 goals this year smashed all of our old records.
    • Maximiliano Munoz - YP 02B - Now a natural at MC and just played great all season.  The media's favorite and now catching the eye of the Chinese!  Just a year left on his contract and not willing to enter into talk currently.  This summer will be make or break on his future with us.
    • Fabio Melillo - YP 03A - Santiago's partner in crime.  When going from a front 3 to a front 2, Fabio and Santiago kept us winning, despite our less adventurous nature.  31 goals on the year, which would have been a club record if not for Shechter
    • Jonas Varela - YP 03D - By far the biggest benefactor of our move back to a 442.  He scored the only goal of the game on his debut and bagged 4 in his first four starts.  He was key to sticking to the 442.
  • Transfers 
  • League Table  
  • Results: One - Two 
  • Finances 

Season 06 Targets

• In the league, try to defend our title
  • Copa Libertadores - Our knockout stages start around the start of the season.  A run here would be awesome, depending on the draw.  We have qualified for the group stages of next years tournament with the league win, this will kick off in the second half of the season, and a good showing in the group is needed again

3 hours ago, XaW said:

I've decided to take a break from my Marine game as I want to focus more on youth. I want to go a place I haven't been before and I want a real challenge. So my question is this, can I play in Gibraltar, @darren1983? I'll be using the official SI download for it, and the Segunda does not have any relegation. Might I take over the team who finished bottom and try from there?

If this is not following the rules, is downloaded nations eligible for this challenge as well? Or is it only for the vanilla nations?

As there's no relegation from the bottom division in Gibraltar then I'm gonna say it rules them out, as for downloaded nations I think I'm going to stick with the vanilla ones for now. Sorry mate.

East Kilbride F.C.

1DcC3uS.png?1

Season 1 2018/2019

First Team Squad | Finances | Transfers

Season Review

Cups - The League and Challenge cups did not go that well for us and despite holding our own against teams from higher divisions we were unable to progress. The Scottish cup was a lot more interesting, after reaching the 4th round and knocking out Hearts 4-1, we drew Celtic at home and actually managed to hold our own. We were 10 minutes away from a replay at Celtic Park.

League (Final Table) - I will begin by saying that my board had the lofty ambition of us achieving at least a playoff position (4th place). This felt quite harsh and our poor start did not ease my worries. We relied on our goal scoring ability to get out of trouble and managed to drag ourselves up to 4th place at around the half way point. This is where bad form set in and despite scoring regularly we couldn't see games out. At the beginning of March the board called me in and demanded 9 points from the next 5 games. To my relief the squad rallied and we picked up 13, this secured my tenure as manager and a new contract for me. This up turn in form still gave us a shot at the playoffs, but ultimately we left it too late.

Youth Intake

A really great intake, and as it arrived during our worst form, seeing the best players were defenders gave me a shot of motivation to keep my job.

Robbie Farrell (YP01A) - A pacey and balanced full back, great to get a player like this, unlucky to get injured and miss gaining experience immediately

Jordan Wardrope (YP01B) - The least first team ready of the 3 but has a good chance of seeing action next year.

Kenny Lawless (YP01C) - Chucked in at the deep and did really well. He played in every game after he arrived and did well, even managing a goal.

Final thoughts and next season...

Having secured my job I can now get excited for next season. We scored for fun, with two of my strikers scoring 25+ goals. If we can just limit the opposition scoring a fraction, I think we have a really good shot at reaching the playoffs next year.

I gained my first coaching badge during the season and wasn't able to make any improvements to the facilities. My final point is that the previous manager definitely helped me out by making ten transfers before I arrived, they came in handy.

Hi guys, quick question. Currently in my 4th season with Lowestoft Town (L2), but I'd love to share my stories with you guys from now on. Can I just start posting at the end of this season or rather not? If necessary, I'll add some screens to prove I played the challenge correctly up untill now.

8 hours ago, darren1983 said:

As there's no relegation from the bottom division in Gibraltar then I'm gonna say it rules them out, as for downloaded nations I think I'm going to stick with the vanilla ones for now. Sorry mate.

No worries. I'll just have too think a bit on where to go. I would really like a very lowly league like Gibraltar or somewhere really strange like the Faroe Islands or something. Maybe this is the time for Northern Ireland....

2 minutes ago, XaW said:

No worries. I'll just have too think a bit on where to go. I would really like a very lowly league like Gibraltar or somewhere really strange like the Faroe Islands or something. Maybe this is the time for Northern Ireland....

What about Iceland (assuming there is relegation)?

43 minutes ago, Mikado911 said:

What about Iceland (assuming there is relegation)?

Yeah, that is also a consideration, but I did Iceland in FM17, so I would like somewhere else. I'll have a serious thinking about it, maybe start somewhere and try out the leagues. I want a really small one at least where the national leagues aren't the the best and the champions league will be the real challenge.

7 hours ago, XaW said:

Yeah, that is also a consideration, but I did Iceland in FM17, so I would like somewhere else. I'll have a serious thinking about it, maybe start somewhere and try out the leagues. I want a really small one at least where the national leagues aren't the the best and the champions league will be the real challenge.

Israel?

1 hour ago, The_Gato_In_Goal said:

Israel?

A good suggestion, but I want even more pain. So where do you get the most pain?

Welcome to Northern Ireland! ;)

My profile. I've taken over Malachians! A club I've never heard of before. They almost have some facilities, so this should be fun.

Edit: Oh and we already have 2 transfers into the club before I joined! Just to avoid any confusion if they show up in the season review!

Ok, finished pre-season and I'm ready for the real matches (I hope). We have some good players, but most are crap. I did get in a great coach though (Model Professional) that I hope will influence my intakes. Other than that we are rated to finish second to last and with only one relegation spot I'm hoping for the best. The main issue this first season is just getting though since we have a grand total of 16 players in the squad, so with a single injury I cannot fill the bench! Oh, and I can't offer anything other than amateur contracts to my players even though we are semi-pro...go figure. I just hope they won't get poached!

Well, I chose this, so I'll enjoy it! Forward Malachians!

XaW - Malachians - 2018/19

220px-Malachians_badge.jpg

Table | Squad | Transfers | Finances

Firstly, a disclaimer. The two transfers in were already done before I took over as evident in my previous post.

Northern Ireland, not exactly the pinnacle of football, at least not here in the 3rd tier. I had also forgotten the ridiculous number of cups here, so that will be fun to try to compete in. For the league, we were never really in danger of relegation as I implemented the 4-3-3 I developed at Marine and it worked quite good. Though we had a horrible defense and conceded a lot of goals we had a decent attacking force so it was down to the regular score more than you tactic I often have. When the league split we were only a point behind 6th, so we were part of the relegation group, but won most of the matches there. The youth intake helped a lot and we could finally fill up the bench at all games!

I managed to get both youth recruitment and youth coaching improved throughout the season, so that should hopefully have an impact as the seasons fly past. I also got my National C licence and are working on National B.

The youth intake was very good, though if often is when the quality of the squad is so poor. The one who looks brightest is William Clingan 19B. (I add the letters based on my coach's rank in the intake).

Rjnfyty.png

Kudos to those doing this in Scotland. I tried with Buckie Thistle last year (never got so far as posting progress etc). I didn't really get good youth players at all, and it took med years of surviving through the relegation play off before slowly sneaking up the table. Think the last time I played I was in League 1, mid table level. The year was 2031. Needless to say, that was one heck of a slow grind. I did fluke a cup final appearance against Rangers through lots and lots of luck. Lost the final 5-1, but made more cash from that one cup final (in 2028ish) than I made in all the other seasons combined! That was the first time I had money for facility upgrades!

If I do it this year, I think I'll avoid leagues with 30+ matches per season.

3 hours ago, Raffen said:

Kudos to those doing this in Scotland. I tried with Buckie Thistle last year (never got so far as posting progress etc). I didn't really get good youth players at all, and it took med years of surviving through the relegation play off before slowly sneaking up the table. Think the last time I played I was in League 1, mid table level. The year was 2031. Needless to say, that was one heck of a slow grind. I did fluke a cup final appearance against Rangers through lots and lots of luck. Lost the final 5-1, but made more cash from that one cup final (in 2028ish) than I made in all the other seasons combined! That was the first time I had money for facility upgrades!

If I do it this year, I think I'll avoid leagues with 30+ matches per season.

It is a LOT easier in FM18 to upgrade your Junior Coaching & Youth Recruitment though, than it was in FM17.

Seems that the challenge ended for me. At least with Dnipro. It was a combination of providing success (as we qualified for CL group stages) then arguing with some of the best players which were not in a good mood as we lost all games and wanted to move to bigger clubs. Took a risky decision to cash on them in the winter, sold Jose to Monaco and Shevchenko to Sevilla and it went down hill from there.

Mihail-Nitovich_-Inbox.png

nfovtla4ujp2n.png

Lowestoft Town - 2018/19 (S) - Vanarama National League North: 1st

Transfers: 2 players with quite a history in our club left at the end of their contract: Barker en Williams.  The RB played 186 games for the club, but was struggling in the L2 so I decided to wave him goodbye. Williams on the other hand was a key player last season, but since we have a lot of talented prospects in midfield I thought it was in the best interest of the club to release him. Sad, but I felt like I had to.  Penfold  also (not on the screen because he only had a youth contract) left on a free. One (less talented) player was loaned out. 

But our best 'transfer' is actually Adam Bacon, who decided he didn't want to leave the club anymore after the EURO U19 with Wales & signed a new deal which will keep him here untill 2024 (+option) Great news!

League 2

My aim for this season after our previous was simpel: just a solid one like the one last year (14th), but maybe slightly better or a good cup fight.  But at the end of this season I was even more surprised then you guys will be... What happened?! With 6 goals in our 4 first games of the season Bacon won them all for us, which was quite a boost for the boys. But we kept on performing, we kept on scoring goals & we kept on winning games. Quite incredible, I really didn't think the squad was capable of doing such a thing. I can only be real proud, wow! Hope next season won't be to hard because of this rather 'lucky' season.

Key players

4 of our players got a spot in the L2's TOTY, but these were the most valuable players in my opinion:

• Adam Bacon - ST - Our star player, the best at the club & the biggest reason of our current success.. 32 goals & 21 assists, impressive. He was POTY in the L2 & topscorer and even became an icon at our club this season. Crazy thing is: at the end of S1 (he was a regen of 'S0') I was doubting to release him, but he developed magnificent... 
  • Luis Morrison - DC - Our defensive leader, he's been our most solid player in the team for a few years now. Almost didn't miss a game this season, beast! 
  • Declan Rayment, Andrew Baldock & Kelvin Chenery - MR/MC - A very young, but talented & strong midfield. 3 very good players I'd love to keep at the club for years, but there are some clubs interested...
  • Ben Dudzsinski - GK - Already our goalie since the very beginning and actually never disappointed me, even though he has a talented GK luring around the corner... Mehew. Was also in L2's  TOTY

(Side note: my tactic is a 442)

Youth Intake - S4

• Zac Neil-Potton - MC/ST -  Probably this year's best player. Technical player. Don't really know where I want to play this guy, I see potential as a DLP but also as a AF/DF... It makes him a very interesting player ofcourse. Hoping to make an important player out of him.
  • Giannis Kerasidis - DL/DR - Our Greek (always nice to have some diversity) is a great addition to our club, but he will have to fight for his spot in the starting XI. Has to be tutored. Kerasidis has the potential to be our best full back, if he isn't already at the moment.
  • Glenville Richardson - MC - Another option in our midfield compartiment, as I already said we have quite a few good players there.  Twofooted playmaker, with some time and training I think he'll be a good player for our club. Already played a few games and did surprisingly well. 
  • Charlie Stanton - DL/DR - Since we haven't got that much quality DR's, I'm glad to welcome Stanton. Don't think he'll be that talented, but I will give him a shot. Like his ability to play as DR/DL Will look for a tutor to improve his mental stats. 
  • Shane Grocott-Mifsud - DC/DL - An addition to our defence, will use him als a DC.  Leftfooted, tall but sadly enough slow defender. Anyway he'll get regular playtime since I'm probably going to make him my first back-up. 
  • William Chapman - ML - Talented player if you ask my staff, but he will have to prove what he's worth. Chapman will stay in the -18 squad for now, since we don't really need a ML however one or two might leave us at the end of this season. First things first: hoping to find a suitable tutor for him.
  • Stacey Munson - GK - He'll stay in the -18 and will be our 3rd goalie. Don't really have high expectations concerning this guy, another personality that doesn't fit my needs aswell.

This is my manager by the way, Kevin Finley

I have decided to have a go and have some fun in Slovenia. Don't know why Slovenia. Mainly because not much divisions to go through (just 2 playable divisions here) and the league is neither obscure nor powerful (so should be moderately difficult).

The reset date in Slovenia is July 1st, so save on June 30.

I have taken over NK Tomlin, one of the few teams that actually have a proper squad of non-greyed-out players. 

Manager profile - Squad - Facilities

Football club Fleury 91

50039209.png.056a188c96b89468c023440e7d4209cf.png

Nation: France

Season: 2018/2019

Transfers: The 2 in were completed before I took over.

League table: A good position, since we were favourites for relegation.

Youth intake: Not great overall thanks to our poor facilities. Top 2 were given pre-contracts.

Best new regen: This guy looks promising. 

Also this guy was in the previous year's intake.

Senior squad

Reserves

u19s and reserves had the same players this year.

Finances are bad and getting worse so don't know how I'll manage to improve the junior coaching/facilities/recruitment.

On 09/12/2017 at 01:03, Britrock said:

What an absolutely mental game. 2-0 down to come back to 2-2, to then fall 3-2 down and finally to come back and win 4-3. Absolutely bonkers.

qdc6gLo.png

Great comeback Britrock, cool that you youth prospects helped in achieving this result. :) It looks like you have made some good progress this season.

I'm thinking of returning to FM with a youth save in Italy.

1 hour ago, Gundo said:

Great comeback Britrock, cool that you youth prospects helped in achieving this result. :) It looks like you have made some good progress this season.

I'm thinking of returning to FM with a youth save in Italy.

The jump in progress this season has been incredible. At the halfway point of the season I've already beaten my points total from last year. Hoping and praying for a playoff position this year, my first youth tag and club captain Cippolletta (19a) doesn't want to sign a new contract saying we don't match his ambition. :(

12 hours ago, Britrock said:

The jump in progress this season has been incredible. At the halfway point of the season I've already beaten my points total from last year. Hoping and praying for a playoff position this year, my first youth tag and club captain Cippolletta (19a) doesn't want to sign a new contract saying we don't match his ambition. :(

It is sad that Cippolletta hasn't noticed the progress in league performance from last season, maybe it's not too late and he may change his mind if you can secure that playoff position. It's always a killer losing players in this sort of save because you are not able to go out and buy a replacement, it can take years to nurture someone into the same role. Best of luck with the remainder of the season — I'll be sure to look out for your end of season update. :)

XaW - Malachians - 2019/20

220px-Malachians_badge.jpg

Table | Squad | Transfers | Finances

Since we got in a nice batch of youngsters last season I had higher hopes than last. The difference between players down here at this level is so small, that a good player often might turn a team from relegation candidates to league winners. And we had some very talented ones. I have fended off offers for my players all season through, simply by offering the same player the same contract again and again. Most stayed, a few left, but no one that really matter. This was really just an amazing season, though at the start it seemed Ballyclare Comrades and Sport & Leisure Swifts had run away when they were about 10 points ahead of the rest of us. But towards the end we had a great run and caught them in the final games to secure the title win and promotion to the Championship.

In the cups we had some good runs as we won the Steel and Son cup, but the main point was our run in the Irish Cup. We actually won the damn thing, 4-1 over Crusaders (from the top tier) in the final! This means we are heading into the Europa League next season. I have no idea how we managed this, but I'll take it. We are going to get thumped though. I do hope I can give part-time contracts soon though.

The youth intake was either amazing, or our squad are so poor that everyone would be amazing. The most exciting is probably Tommy Scates 20J. He is already our best left back, and I think he can be our main player for years to come.

NtTOLAC.png

Not had any time to post an update in a while, so I'll try and shorten down the seasons I've played since my last update (sorry I forgot a lot of screenshots):

Hereford Season 6: 2023-24  -   7th in Vanarama National

We finished in seventh, and headed into the playoffs against Billericay away. We beat them 3-1 to set up a semi final against port vale. Unfortunately they were too strong for us and won 1-0.

The best prospects from the intake were Dominic Page 6A, Paddy McCabe 6B, Craig Mitchell 6C and Joe Grainger 6D. A really solid intake. 

Hereford Season 7: 2024-25  -   10th in Vanarama National

Nothing to see here, just a really uneventful season were we ended up in 10th. Couldn't get any sort of form together and it was a very forgettable season. Dominic Page 6A was sold by the board against my will, and i forgot to screenshot my tagged players in my intake but I tagged two strikers, a goalkeeper and a centre back.

Hereford Season 8: 2025-26  -   5th in Vanarama National

The season started with the board selling two more of my players against my will, unfortunately both of my right backs. Despite this, we had a very good season and ended in 5th, a poor run of form pulling us down towards the end as we were right up there until then. In the play offs we made it to the semi final gain, before going down 5-4 to Dulwich Hamlet. In the FA cup we had a good run and beat premier league Southampton away in the third round, and we got to the semi final of the FA trophy again, but lost over two legs to Cambridge. 

The youth intake was okay this season, the highlights being Neil Fisher 8A and Archie Day 8B. Martin Sockett 4E had a crazy season and bagged 42 goals in 40 league games.

I was quite positive heading in to the next season due to our form in the second half of the season, but I wasn't quite expecting... 

Hereford Season 9: 2026-27  -   1st in Vanarama National!

Finally everything clicked. We absolutely stormed the league and finished in 1st with 114 points, with a goal difference of 83. I tweaked my tactics and it seemed to fit perfectly with the players I had, who are all developing really nicely now as well. I was able to keep all my players this season which helped enormously too. We also won the FA trophy, beating Blackpool in the final. Couldn't really ask for a better season.

Martin Sockett 4E was once again the standout player, but this time round he was utterly unplayable and ended with 75 league goals, appearing in every game. I've never had anywhere near that many goals from an individual before, it was absurd. Blake Flattley 7B finished runner up with a measly 36 goals. The pair also got 26 and 29 league assists respectively. Not a bad strike partnership then

With the intake, I forgot to screenshot the best players again, but Daryl Lees 9A is the only one close to the first team at the moment. 

I can't quite believe just how dominant and just how many goals we scored this season, and I am highly optimistic for next season if we can keep our best players. I have rejected 1m+ bids for multiple players and I am worried the board will step in soon and accept one of them.

From this point on hopefully I will be able to go back to an update every season (time permitting, work is a pain atm :rolleyes:).

Dulwich Hamlet - 2023-24 - League 1 - 14th

A very respectable 14th place, and for the first time since I've started this game I've managed to stay in the same division! Scored a L1 record 110 goals, but conceded 102 goals as I never seem to get any good defenders through, the only one I did have was lost to Hull City for £250k. In the 335 games I've been in charge I've scored 775 goals and conceded 610 so it's always exciting at Champion Hill!

5a302d71257c4_SkyBetLeague1_OverviewStages-2.thumb.png.50637e0b96baba1287ffb85daf024476.png

I've had a decent enough intake, but lost 2 key players in the summer window in Steve Biggs YP23b and my first choice LWB Justin Powell for a combined £350k. I'm currently over £500k in the red and lose £100k a month - I have no idea what to do to stop the bleeding so just hope I get a good cup draw. I've had one so far and had to get to the 5th round of the FA Cup to get one!

Facility wise, I am set up to get good youth players in, and have had a 'golden generation' every season but I never have enough money to do anything else.

5a302e7ef3b23_DulwichHamletFC_Facilities.thumb.png.aae627a9bfc70baf44070bc48d653e78.png

Now I've managed to stay in this league, I'm hoping I can push on but need to get in a position where board won't give my players away, I have a really good striker that I managed to hang onto somehow despite having bids for him accepted up to £400k

5a302f068b25a_LeeBaileyYP23a_OverviewAttributes.thumb.png.70566b2e784d07c77172b148ae17d625.png

Proud moment for me was Lee Bailey playing for England U19s and Peter Crook (YP21a) who has played for England U19s and U20s. Have had other internationals but these are my first English ones!

tsv-alemannia-aachen-logo-85407EA795-see

Season 1 - 2018/19

Profile  |  League  |  Squad  |  Finances

Started off pretty well, we were standing mid-table for much of the season, but we had two major crisis, especially end-season, we stayed still at 39 points for 5 matches until victory on the last match of the season. The supposedly stronger player of the team, Daniel Hammel, the one i struggled to renew contract at the start of the adventure, didn't play very well and then got a 7 month injury. I had barely sufficient players but could have been worse.

Finances will be a problem, even with our almost 10000 affluence, but at least for this season, they aren't much in the red. On the bright side, I already manage to ask for a double youth recruitment upgrade, and now it's estabilished.

Youth watch

Under 19 - These are the players of the holiday season intake. Some of them will be available for registration next season, and will strenghten our numbers. I have hope in Braun, Leifeld and Arend.

Intake - Lots of promising players..or maybe it seems so because our current players are not very strong! But there's work to do personality wise

Next season

Survive. Maybe reaching mid-table. Give as many playtime as possible to youths (obviously).

9 hours ago, The_Gato_In_Goal said:

@TheWillsy How on earth did you manage to keep hold of Sockett the whole time? The board never sold him behind your back.

Yeah it’s very strange, my board make some weird decisions sometimes. They’ll let me reject £1m+ bids for him, but then will accept £100-200k for my best prospects. I guess it’s better that way round so I can’t really complain. 

1 hour ago, TheWillsy said:

Yeah it’s very strange, my board make some weird decisions sometimes. They’ll let me reject £1m+ bids for him, but then will accept £100-200k for my best prospects. I guess it’s better that way round so I can’t really complain. 

I have found any straight cash deals can be rejected, but anything with %age of profit and a few sell ons even when lower deals get accepted.

I was able to keep hold of my best prospect Lee Bailey, despite board accepting offers of £100k rising to £300k with a sell on clause, by accepting straight cash bids of £400k to £450k because player kept accepting the contracts from bids I'd accepted as opposed to the ones the board did so i could cancel the deal! Annoyingly he is going to leave on a free transfer at end of season, even though I'm currently top of League 1 in December, although lost to Northampton in first round of FA Cup so will be another £1m loss this season....

And to really take the pee, I have noticed that the forced sale of Powell to Championship ITFC, who had been my first choice LWB from the second he appeared as a member of my youth intake, involves me still paying £300 pw of his wages as a selling team contribution!

images.png.8a0a4526ad48f5cedb2db0a0a092438d.png

SEASON 20/21 (2. Bundesliga)

A very good reintroduction to 2. Bundesliga as we sat comfortably mid-table for the whole season. A great run in had us finishing at 6th, well above any expectations I ever could've had at the beginning of the campaign. Pawlowski once again crowned Top goalscorer and subsequently POTY. This year saw the introduction of a number of first year youngsters to the team, most notably Dominik Bauschinger who won the assist league with 13 served. Unfortunately our defense suffered a major blow as our back line was absolutely pillaged during the January window where the board shipped off three top prospects, effectively raising the average age of my defenders with about 100 years. Markus Tschauner, Juan José López and our best and most missed Centre Back Simon Amonat are all gone. This meant that I had to renew contracts with Daniel Wein and dinosaur Jan Mauersberger since I don't have any decent defenders coming through the youth system until next season.

Not that much to be excited about in this years intake. I signed Hakan Karahan, Habib Gholizadeh, Korbinian Gfreiter, Samet Bodur, Godwin Umoh and a few dark horses.

Now, the next season will be critical to the future of this team. I awarded fat (but long) contracts to my best prospects in June and had to promise them that we'll be playing top tier football real soon in order to get their signatures. Cedric Brust expects me to deliver already this season but in all honesty I think it will be hard, if not impossible, as we rely too heavily on Pawlowskis left foot at the moment. Would he pick up an injury the ship could sink fast. Hopefully the introduction of Henry Salz and Dursun Yilmaz provides healthy competition for Ziereis and Gebhart at their positions and ignites a little fighting spirit. Two others to keep an eye on are striker Marco Antonelli and defensive Full Back Simon Becker who also will make a few appearances.

Transfers.

ground_flint.jpg

FLINT TOWN UNITED - SEASON TEN - 2027/28

Welsh Cup - League Cup

League Table:

We did it, we finally toppled TNS after we beat them on the final day of the season.

Europa League:

Once again we qualified from the Group stage however we came up against formidable opponents.

Transfers:

A few out on loan including some to our affiliate club.

Finances:

Strong finances still however more of the players want bigger wages, Champions League football would help a lot.

Youth Intake:

We seem to be getting a lot of strikers who could be decent, would be nice to sell one to a top team one day.

Best XI

Career Overview:

2026/27   WPL       2nd         Quater Finals   3rd Rnd         Basic                  Basic                Exceptional         Average             N/A                       Davies (YP26b) (32)
2027/28   WPL       1st         Quater Finals   2nd Rnd         Basic                  Basic                Exceptional         Established         League Winners            Mansbridge (YP24f) (29)

6 hours ago, fairsy said:

I have found any straight cash deals can be rejected, but anything with %age of profit and a few sell ons even when lower deals get accepted.

I was able to keep hold of my best prospect Lee Bailey, despite board accepting offers of £100k rising to £300k with a sell on clause, by accepting straight cash bids of £400k to £450k because player kept accepting the contracts from bids I'd accepted as opposed to the ones the board did so i could cancel the deal! Annoyingly he is going to leave on a free transfer at end of season, even though I'm currently top of League 1 in December, although lost to Northampton in first round of FA Cup so will be another £1m loss this season....

And to really take the pee, I have noticed that the forced sale of Powell to Championship ITFC, who had been my first choice LWB from the second he appeared as a member of my youth intake, involves me still paying £300 pw of his wages as a selling team contribution!

That’s a good point actually, it always seems to be the deals with loads of add ons/sell on fees that the board accepts. 

Fingers crossed you can make it out of league 1, shame about Bailey leaving on a free though. 

3 hours ago, TheWillsy said:

Fingers crossed you can make it out of league 1, shame about Bailey leaving on a free though. 

Fair play to the board, have just got through the January window and they didn't sell anyone - despite being offered £825k from Stoke and Burnley up front for Bailey who is likely leaving for free in the summer.

I'm top of the league by 2 points with a game in hand so that may have had some bearing on it!

Vis Pesaro 1898

logovis.png

2020/21

Finally some progress! We were top of the table for a few weeks early on before slowly falling off and eventually ending up in 15th. The first half of the season was great fun, the second half was a return to the usual slog. Still miles ahead of the pre-season prediction of 20th. 

No transfers as always, the squad (pt 2) is starting to take shape, to the point where I could play my last league game with only tagged youth players. We were tonked 3-0 but it's a small step!

Cipolletta (19a) was made club captain and is wanted by Lazio among others. He has the potential to be a Serie B player apparently, so is way above our level. He had the most appearances, scored 6 and assisted 5 with the 2nd highest rating in the squad. He decided that he did want to sign a contract during the season so will be around until at least 2023.

Capolei (19b) established himself as the number one GK, with Buffa (19g) my best CB, although they have a bit of work to do as we had the worst defence in the league.

The 2021 youth candidates look promising, with a few going straight into the senior team:

Simone Prandi (21a) - another MC

Filippo Scarano (21b) - I'm training him to be my starting LB as I've got 139874 RBs. He went straight into the first team so he can learn as quickly as possible

Mariano Ferrari (21c) - good looking striker, he played in the last 7 games as Sottovia was injured, chipping in with a goal and 3 assists

Paolo Filippi (21d) - another GK, may not get a look in with Capolei

Mario Carrara (21e) - another ST, lost out to Ferrari for the starts but should be good long term.

I'm also retraining Veglio (19e) to be a DM as he can't jump

Overall best eleven | Season best XISeason awards | Season stats | Season review

Overview

Season  League      Position  Cup                    Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Junior Coaching   Youth Recruitment   Achievements   Top Scorer
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
18/19   Serie C/B   18th      Serie C Cup - Group    Below Average        Basic             Adequate          Average             Playout win    Sottovia (13)
19/20   Serie C/B   19th      Serie C Cup - Group    Below Average        Basic             Adequate          Average             Playout win    Sottovia (16)
20/21   Serie C/B   15th      Serie C Cup - Group    Below Average        Basic             Adequate          Average             N/a            Sottovia (12)

Considering trying to get Merthyr Town. I like the idea of playing a team based outside the country, so you get foreign regens. Does anyone know of any other possibilities within the rules? Maybe a Faroese team in Denmark? I suppose San Marino is possible now? 

And Dulwich Hamlet are in the Championship with 3 games to spare, adding to the Checkatrade Trophy  where they lifted the trophy in front of 3k(!) fans at Wembley Stadium

5a32ef27a763d_SkyBetLeague1_OverviewStages-3.thumb.png.e0799f11aa9ac716284e8baf5389bd68.png

Thanks in no small part to Gareth Masters who has scored over 50 goals this season...now to try and persuade Lee Bailey to stay!

5a32ef71ad408_DulwichHamletFC_PlayersPlayers-2.thumb.png.667b61d9ee1852b4c0931550ea243245.png

Archived