FM Genie Scout 2009?

Cadijk van Kaarhandel

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks, I’m always saying to people – there’s just not enough biblical quotes these days.

Would it take more than 10 seconds to say “I expect release to be in approx ‘x’ days”?????

Thought not.

But that puts pressure on himself to get it released within that timescale...

Thanks, I’m always saying to people – there’s just not enough biblical quotes these days.

Would it take more than 10 seconds to say “I expect release to be in approx ‘x’ days”?????

Thought not.

Lets say he comes out with "I expect to release it in 10 days"

Then something comes up e.g. a family emergency, work, a massive unforseen bug, the forum will then be littered with "My life is over...he said he would release it...HE LIED!!!!1"

Lets say he comes out with "I expect to release it in 10 days"

Then something comes up e.g. a family emergency, work, a massive unforseen bug, the forum will then be littered with "My life is over...he said he would release it...HE LIED!!!!1"

A completely hypothetical scenario, of course. ;p

There is an essential progress made, localization to italian finished, other languages coming soon... I expect to release it very very soon, maybe next week, maybe end of this.. but if nothing happens like problems with unversity, work, family...

I just don't think the guy wants to make any promises after last years fiasco. I want the scout as much as the next Cadijk van Kaarhandel but there are some other important things in life. I can't get my career game started properly either.

Here's a tip for those wanting to use the Genie Scout but obviously cant. Sign any 3 random scouts on game. Get a save-game editor, bump their stats up, then send them to look for whatever you want.

Here's a tip for those wanting to use the Genie Scout but obviously cant. Sign any 3 random scouts on game. Get a save-game editor, bump their stats up, then send them to look for whatever you want.

What are the best stats for a scout? Obviously JA and JP but does tac knowledge make a difference?

Are there anyother important scout stats?

Why wait for genie?

Never used Genie Scout I must admit, so don't know what I'm missing but I would assume the following two alternatives would if not replace Genie at least allow you to get on with your games.

Immuner's FMScout09

or

tw559's FMAgent v2.0

I personally use FMAgent and have found some great regens in my game so far (played 3 seasons).

Also ruci's excellent FMRTE will have full search (rather than just PA and CA) in the next version due very soon.

And if none of those take you fancy then make your own use DrBernhard's framework

Because some people want to. Plus its miles better than any of those you stated.

They are a good fix until genie comes out.

Like I said, never used Genie myself so I can't comment on how good it is/was only started scouting with FM08 so used miniscout for that.

I realise people want to wait for genie and use it but I really don't understand those that can't play without it. Does it really do that much more than the two alternative I mentioned?

I will be trying it, when it is available, to see how different it is.

genie calculates bow well a player can play in a certain position, as well as work out how well they can potentially play. This is done by taking the stats and working it out as a percentage. It can also tell you how well a player can play in other positions if retrained. It's ease of use means that you can find the best team at the lowest price. It was one of the first first scout tools and easily the best.

It also had the option of showing you your best team selection for any given tactic.

As far as looking for high-PA players goes, any of the scout programs can do that. Genie was so much more than just that.

Personally, I prefer Miniscout because of its fabulous tiny size which can just stay there while you go on with the game, but for some things Genie is still unrivaled... when it works, that is. :)

Jvogel, all of those have inaccurate sale values. That's a huge negative for me.

Isn't that down to the way FM2009 is coded and the changes to the transfer system rather than failings in those tools.

Either way I will definately be giving Genie a go when it comes out just to see how different it is to what I use now (FMRTE and FMAgent).

i gave up waiting for genie scout, same old reasons every year. I thought this year would be different from last year (not a chance) i probably say it will come out in late January.

Is frustrating waiting and waiting, better off giving it up for the new year.

Screw your family, we are more important than them.

lol jks

no we actually are more important :rolleyes:

to be fair, if you want to moan about Genie not being released within a time frame that suits you, why dont you try making a scout?

the dude doesnt get paid for it, and does it in his spare time.. give him a break.

genie does this of hes own bat and uses hes free time to supply us with a great program and doesnt ask for money.... be grateful and patient and genie scout will come :)

I had this expectation last year too. When Mini-SE came along with better positional ratings and all the good search options, made me this year look forward to Amster's Mini-SE even more than Genie. Last year I said here I would donate to genie when it came out.

This year I'll do different. I'll donate to the one that comes out first: Mini-SE or Genie. All other scout tools are good and dandy, but won't give me the number 1 reason I want a scout tool: positional rating %. FMRTE has some sort of rating, but can't be searched by and can only be seen individually each player, not a whole team for example. Also it doens't give me option to edit the rating combination, so we don't know how accurate the rating is. Whenever I talk of this on the threads of other scout tools available I never get a reply on this, so they must not be interested.

Does this give me a right to be mad a them? Absolutely not. I'm just going to do what I can: Help the guy who first releases a tool that meets my needs with 15 bucks.

Agreed, the positional and potential positional rating is the best feature in Genie (although not flawless). Does anyone know what system is used to calculate this? There are a few open-source programs out now, Im just wondering how easy it would be to implement...

Simply put, yes :)

Not everybody wants to use a scout program to find wonderkids. Genie allows you to do so much more.

Exactly. I use it because of the charting feature. I can create a chart that shows how my player's value, for example, has gone up or down over the weeks, or months, or years. So if I want to see if one of my kids performed quite well while on loan and his value went up, I can see exactly when his value went up. This is a feature which could be included in the regular game (which DOES show how a player's attributes have changed over the past twelve months), but currently isn't. It's a pretty nifty feature. :)

Agreed, the positional and potential positional rating is the best feature in Genie (although not flawless). Does anyone know what system is used to calculate this? There are a few open-source programs out now, Im just wondering how easy it would be to implement...

Its was pretty flawed. You could see how the different positions were rated and edit them yourself by going to ratings->edit player ratings in genie 2008.

Archived