FM Genie Scout 2009?

Cadijk van Kaarhandel

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply
error2.jpg

I had the program up and going and was loving it. Had the CA and PA and didn't pay for it. Then suddenly the error above crops up.

My Error Loading Entity Number is: 23399

File Position is: 403153377

(I copied the picture above from another post.).

And it says "Person" data seems to be corrupt, not "Human Non Player".

I sent the dump file as instructed by the program, but it seems like Genie is shutdown. The website is down and any links for a fresh download that I can find are dead.

In possibly unrelated news. I have tried to load FMRTE and mini-Scout without success as well. I am using WSM, don't know if that makes a difference.

Any help that can be offered would be appreciated. Thank you.

How d'you do that then?

I wish that I could answer that question. I'm totally new to the FM series and stumbled across this thread, downloaded the program from one of the links and it worked perfectly with CA and PA. Used it for about a day, got the corrupt file error, and get a forbidden access message when I click the links.

I sent the dump file as instructed by the program, but it seems like Genie is shutdown. The website is down and any links for a fresh download that I can find are dead.

Try fmcentre.fr. They have a very recent version (101) online.

I have tried to load FMRTE and mini-Scout without success as well. I am using WSM, don't know if that makes a difference.

I don't think mini-scout is already out for FM2009? Only for 2008?

FMRTE should work with WSM. Make sure you have .NET 3.5 SP1 framework installed and it should work.

Try fmcentr.fr. They have a very recent version (101) online.

FMRTE should work with WSM. Make sure you have .NET 3.5 SP1 framework installed and it should work.

Thank you. I will go to fmcentr.fr. Posted a similar message with more detail about my problems, but will see if this solves it.

Does this one have all the features (PA, CA)?

Only if you pay for it. The free version (which I pointed you to) doesn't show PA or CA. I don't mention Sales Value as it's almost useless anyway.

By the way, it's fmcentre.fr. I did a small spelling mistake.

Try fmcentre.fr. They have a very recent version (101) online.

Merci. Got it from fmcentre, downloaded it, it works, CA and PA.

Just to be clear. CA is called "Best Rating" and PA is called "Best Pot Rating". I think that's the same thing, isn't it.

Ah, I see. No, it isn't. CA = Current Ability and PA = Potential Ability. It's not the same as Best Rating and Best Pot Rating.

The first two are used ingame and are a creation of SI. The ones you see in Genie Scout are just a calculation Genie's creator devised to try and take into account several factors and to come up with something more useful than simply CA and PA. Said calculation could not be accurate but should give you a pretty good idea of the player's current and forecasted quality for the position.

That's a bit thick, isn't it? We're talking about a utility which breaks, among other things, FM's EULA, and you are "protecting" it. I guess that means I can publish a hints-and-tips e-book for FM, and charge money for it, and you wouldn't care even though I wouldn't have licensed it from SEGA/SI? But if someone were to crack that one, you clamp down on it's distribution here.

Exact!

I'm not happy with my red card.

Tomorrow I'll try to sell "my" graphic pack on DVD at ebay for $10

Anyway - I had a big cracking laugh at all this, because I own 2 original copies of the game....

Just to be clear. CA is called "Best Rating" and PA is called "Best Pot Rating". I think that's the same thing, isn't it.

no, Ca = current ability, Pa = potential ability, best rating and best potential rating are two completely different things..

I have a solution to the reason the site is down for so long. You see, with the 2012 Euro's being held in Ukraine and Poland they have had to start building the stadiums. Poland haven't got enough workers as they're all in England staring in at Woolworths whilst the Ukrainians couldn't afford it. So, they set about this little scheme to get money , so far it's £12,000 or something. Not much but judging by Ukrainian standards. It's a million.

No?

Exact!

I'm not happy with my red card.

Tomorrow I'll try to sell "my" graphic pack on DVD at ebay for $10

Anyway - I had a big cracking laugh at all this, because I own 2 original copies of the game....

Its pretty simple. They don't want people talking about software piracy, period.

i have a solution to the reason the site is down for so long. You see, with the 2012 euro's being held in ukraine and poland they have had to start building the stadiums. Poland haven't got enough workers as they're all in england staring in at woolworths whilst the ukrainians couldn't afford it. So, they set about this little scheme to get money , so far it's £12,000 or something. Not much but judging by ukrainian standards. It's a million.

No?

LOL........ (10 characters......)

yes and his site says the following:

Due to personal reasons I not be able to support the project anymore.

The latest version of the FM Genie Scout 2009 you can download here

So the scout is ok to use, is there a proper patch out that makes the game playable? If so i might get on the case and buy this now

GillsMan seeing as you’ve chosen to comment on the cracking aspect of this I thought I’d ask you - what do SI make of someone making money off the back of FM?

I’m conscious that you probably aren’t employed by SI (although maybe you are) but as a Mod on their Forums you’ve probably got good communication lines with SI employees.

How has this episode gone down with the powers that be?

As you say, I don't work for SI, and although we do talk to SI employees as a matter of course, this particular topic hasn't arisen before. Can't imagine they're amazingly delighted though.

That's a bit thick, isn't it? We're talking about a utility which breaks, among other things, FM's EULA, and you are "protecting" it. I guess that means I can publish a hints-and-tips e-book for FM, and charge money for it, and you wouldn't care even though I wouldn't have licensed it from SEGA/SI? But if someone were to crack that one, you clamp down on it's distribution here.

I think you've missed the point slightly. The fact is that people are requesting a crack to get around paying for a product that needs to be paid for. I'm not about to get into the ins and outs of it all, but that comes under piracy in my book, so incurs a 10 point infraction.

Your hints and tips ebook analogy doesn't really compare to this situation tbh. Copyright issues don't concern me, I just made a point about requesting cracks. The two points are different.

"Due to personal reasons I am not be able to support the project anymore.

The latest version of the FM Genie Scout 2009 you can download here. "

I think this guy has been abused one too many times. Sad to hear he's hanging up. Makes me wanna donate a little something

"Due to personal reasons I am not be able to support the project anymore.

The latest version of the FM Genie Scout 2009 you can download here. "

I think this guy has been abused one too many times. Sad to hear he's hanging up. Makes me wanna donate a little something

Bit late for that now mate.

I have got a refund too. And I had paid right when it had come out in v 0.97. At that point it had many errors which I had mailed to him. He had mailed back saying it would be done in 2 days...and within the weekend, he had sent me mails to links both on the email I had used for donation as well as to the one which I use to go to his forums. The problems I had mentioned had been resolved. Personally I was very happy with Genie's work. $10 was a small matter to pay for the days i have spent glued to genie scout. At lease genie's product was upto expectations...cant say the same thing about the product that SI has sold me!!

And i hope he gets the enthusiasm to keep working on the scout later.

I have got a refund too. And I had paid right when it had come out in v 0.97. At that point it had many errors which I had mailed to him. He had mailed back saying it would be done in 2 days...and within the weekend, he had sent me mails to links both on the email I had used for donation as well as to the one which I use to go to his forums. The problems I had mentioned had been resolved. Personally I was very happy with Genie's work. $10 was a small matter to pay for the days i have spent glued to genie scout. At lease genie's product was upto expectations...cant say the same thing about the product that SI has sold me!!

And i hope he gets the enthusiasm to keep working on the scout later.

Top post.

Totally agree with you.

I've just downloaded from the defunct site .. new version number 102 ...

So Eugene still works on it, only maybe doesn't want all the pressure of being pointed out, or hurried up ..

Eugene, kudos mate, you did a nice job in previous versions of Genie .. you can take a break for doing just a good job supporting our loved game ..

Archived