FM Genie Scout 2009?

Cadijk van Kaarhandel

i dont see what all the fuss is about, he obviously spent a lot of time working on this scout...nobody is forcing anyone to "donate" for it, you're all acting like spoilt kids expecting and demanding something for nothing

But that might be the case minus the spoilt bit. What about all the kids who play FM 09 and used genies scout?

Most people arent arguing that he has the right to charge, its just un-ecthical in many peoples eyes including mine.

Someone came up with a figure for the donations recieved last year for him and it was around $200? So you can't say hes being doing it for free up to now anyway?

I think its wrong, but as there are many other programs available(FMTRE FOR THOSE WHO WANT RECOMMENDATION) and for free and i would argue better than genie, then its really water off a ducks back

No need to get so personal

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But that might be the case minus the spoilt bit. What about all the kids who play FM 09 and used genies scout?

How would you suggest those kids got FM in the first place then? I'd say that however they got it, that's how they should get Genie Scout if they want it that badly.

The star rating search function for scouts is wrong. I searched for a 7 star coach in ball control and it recommened two, signed then and both of them were rated only 6 stars.

Change this and you got another buyer.

After I saw the vedio of GenieScout09 months ago I knew there got to be a charge for using it.

Otherwise he does not have to make this small tool so much decorated.

It's funny that some guys here are complacent for paying $10 to such a half-finished dispensible programme. The so-called 'top class service' actually serves nothing exclusively benefical; FM09 is not even an online-game.

LOL

How would you suggest those kids got FM in the first place then? I'd say that however they got it, that's how they should get Genie Scout if they want it that badly.

Well, if they or their dad went to the shop and got FM2009, are you saying they should follow the same route, to get Genie Scout?

A bit odd, don't you think?

What extras do you get for paying $10? Im considering it tbh

Apparently only CA and PA (which you can get from many, many other free tools out there) and Sales Value (which reports useless values). So, it's only CA and PA, nothing more. Hardly enough to justify the $10 purchase price, if you're doing it only for that.

It's great that's he trying to justify the charge for those added features at the beginning of his post. Supposedly it's because he no longer wants Genie to be seen as some sort of cheat utility - yeah, great reasoning behind charging for those extras. FMRTE will soon completely surpass Genie, if it hasn't already tbh so he's probably seriously rueing the day he decided to have people pay.

Generally I'm against cracks & Co, but this time I really hope for somebody to do the job.

Genie has thrown away the credits he earned for the only thing that seems to matter on this earth: Money. What a pity.

If I was ukrainian, I would be even more ashamed.

I'm still torn. Was said I'd make a donation, propably will next tuesday, but not sure yet. This is no longer a donation, it's now "shareware". Much different. This would be a purchase, rather than a donation, and as a purchased I'd need to know:

After FM patch, will there be a new scout immediatly upon release? No excuse for university, work, dog, children, etc.. as when money is made, customer support is necessary.

Will saved game load issuesly without errors?

exactly, and with his track record you know that there will be a long wait for an updated version. i mean how long did it take him just to get this 1st version out? long enough for several others to come out with their own.

exactly, and with his track record you know that there will be a long wait for an updated version. i mean how long did it take him just to get this 1st version out? long enough for several others to come out with their own.

I dont want to go into an argument on wheather to buy this tool or not, BUT since i DID "donate" the HUGE amount of 10 dollars (2 days ago), the program has been updated 3 times.

That's logic: if he finds 10 "donators", he's got the average monthly salary of a ukrainian worker

If he gets 100 donators which is feasable thats alot of money for what he does. I think that its feasable for him to get 1000 donations they way he's done the tool. Well thats $10,000. Thats ridicoulos for what he does.

That has got to be the most stupid comment i have ever seen online.A 14 year old kid can go to Game or HMV just to name 2 places and buy the game with his pocket money but how's he supposed to do the same with genie?

You said how would you suggest the kids got the game in the first place then...err from a shop with their money like i just said?

You're suggesting every kid playing the game got their dad to buy it for them online?

Guys, redownload at http://www.genie.fm/files/fm_genie_scout_2009.zip

When released it was build 98. Now it's build 101.

The only change was the .exe file that is now dated 12/14 instead of 12/12

Thanks for the link but it's dead?

When clicking on it, it says this -

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /files/fm_genie_scout_2009.zip on this server.

Thanks for the link but it's dead?

When clicking on it, it says this -

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /files/fm_genie_scout_2009.zip on this server.

The site is down for maintanence, i would also like to download it, anybody upload to rapidshare or similar?

The site is down for maintanence, i would also like to download it, anybody upload to rapidshare or similar?

I know the site is down, but the way it was worded was that the link bypassed the main page which says about the maintenence.

I think personally he took it down due to all the abuse he got?

GillsMan seeing as you’ve chosen to comment on the cracking aspect of this I thought I’d ask you - what do SI make of someone making money off the back of FM?

I’m conscious that you probably aren’t employed by SI (although maybe you are) but as a Mod on their Forums you’ve probably got good communication lines with SI employees.

How has this episode gone down with the powers that be?

If anyone else requests a crack for this utility, they will also be handed an infraction. Thanks.

That's a bit thick, isn't it? We're talking about a utility which breaks, among other things, FM's EULA, and you are "protecting" it. I guess that means I can publish a hints-and-tips e-book for FM, and charge money for it, and you wouldn't care even though I wouldn't have licensed it from SEGA/SI? But if someone were to crack that one, you clamp down on it's distribution here.

:( I recieved a red card! Whats me match ban? I thought it was only worth a yellow myself! Must of been two footed... I suppose i did mention both the crack and fm being cracked...that could class as two footedi suppose! PS I own a boxed copy of FM!

You'll be suprised. It's not $10 either. I payed nearer £10 for the utility.

I must admit, i'm suprised at the number of venomous responses regarding his decision to charge people.

I'd question other peoples willingness to work so many hours on something only to give it away in exchange for 'praise'. You can't exactly buy food and drink with it :)

I subscribe to the 'i've been using it for years' mentality. By definition, if he charged £2 for every genie since the beginning, you'd have probably parted with the same amount of cash anyways. I think he's put the work in over many years, why not give him some cash.

Next time you go to the pub, buy yourself 3 less pints. You may even find yourself sober enough to play FM after a night out

You'll be suprised. It's not $10 either. I payed nearer £10 for the utility.

I must admit, i'm suprised at the number of venomous responses regarding his decision to charge people.

I'd question other peoples willingness to work so many hours on something only to give it away in exchange for 'praise'. You can't exactly buy food and drink with it :)

I subscribe to the 'i've been using it for years' mentality. By definition, if he charged £2 for every genie since the beginning, you'd have probably parted with the same amount of cash anyways. I think he's put the work in over many years, why not give him some cash.

Next time you go to the pub, buy yourself 3 less pints. You may even find yourself sober enough to play FM after a night out

I agree, when you come to purchase it it is closer to the £10 mark.

It's a great tool and well worth the money in my opinion.

I had a problem with mine so I fired off an email. Got a response about 10 mins later.

Regular emails are sent to me with the updated versions too.

Well pleased over all with not only the software but also the service.

you got to be kidding to pay that amount of money for a ' tool' that is freely available by so many other good programmers out there.

just because he has the ' fame' on making a few tools before, lacking for the 2008 version, where there was a debate on paying him aswell.

Back in the time when MindCompression was still around he made wonderful tools, but never ever anyone had to pay for this.

you have to keep in mind that this is a game for fun and leisure

Paying 10 pounds for an update every year that you already have to pay a huge amount for is just ridiculous and totally out of order. If such would come into effect I would be gladly to join an anti-whoever you have to pay-group so that this person or group will reconsider.

even so, i cannot imagine anyone wanting to ask for payment for such a tool since there so many others out there who do contribute in making tools for this game for free and in their spare free time.

if he has a donate button and people feel the urge to give a donation that is ofcourse always a choice of their own, but to ask money for such, that you have to pay for it... totally bonkers

you got to be kidding to pay that amount of money for a ' tool' that is freely available by so many other good programmers out there.

just because he has the ' fame' on making a few tools before, lacking for the 2008 version, where there was a debate on paying him aswell.

Back in the time when MindCompression was still around he made wonderful tools, but never ever anyone had to pay for this.

Paying 10 pounds for an update every year that you already have to pay a huge amount for is just ridiculous and totally out of order. If such would come into effect I would be gladly to join an anti-whoever you have to pay-group so that this person or group will reconsider.

even so, i cannot imagine anyone wanting to ask for payment for such a tool since there so many others out there who do contribute in making tools for this game for free and in their spare free time.

if he has a donate button and people feel the urge to give a donation that is ofcourse always a choice of their own, but to ask money for such, that you have to pay for it... totally bonkers

I fail to understand peoples annoyance.

If you are unwilling to pay, then clearly you don't really want the program, thus there is no reason to be annoyed.

It used to be free yes. Chargeing for something you work on is legitimate. Being angry with him because he was generous before is rather ironic.

Why complain that there are other tools. Just use them, and allow us 'saps' to pay and use Genie.

We'll both enjoy FM09 equally i'm sure

Beefheart, in the rather unique world of PC gaming is it really the “done thing” to charge for these types of thing?

And do you think the way the payment thing has been handled is really very good?

Firstly, Genie received the original coding from Michael Nygreen. It is not all his own work.

Secondly, the translations were asked for and received from people who wouldn’t have been aware that they were making money for Genie.

Thirdly, to ‘big it up’ on his website with not a mention of payment before release – that’s not right.

Fourthly, “a voluntary donation” – maybe a language-barrier ting – but that’s not right either.

Fifthly – it’s still a Beta! An apparently buggy one at that.

Sixthly – has everyone who has paid now received their activation code? And did they do so in the stipulated 24 hours?

Seventhly – why’s his site perpetually down? This is typical of the shoddy customer service. And the customers are paying customers now remember.

Eighthly – is it ‘proper’ for people to charge money for a product which is not endorsed nor produced by SI?

Okay some of those points are not biggies, some are though. Anyway, if you put them all together it leaves a pretty bad taste.

Beefheart, in the rather unique world of PC gaming is it really the “done thing” to charge for these types of thing?

And do you think the way the payment thing has been handled is really very good?

Firstly, Genie received the original coding from Michael Nygreen. It is not all his own work.

Secondly, the translations were asked for and received from people who wouldn’t have been aware that they were making money for Genie.

Thirdly, to ‘big it up’ on his website with not a mention of payment before release – that’s not right.

Fourthly, “a voluntary donation” – maybe a language-barrier ting – but that’s not right either.

Fifthly – it’s still a Beta! An apparently buggy one at that.

Sixthly – has everyone who has paid now received their activation code? And did they do so in the stipulated 24 hours?

Seventhly – why’s his site perpetually down? This is typical of the shoddy customer service. And the customers are paying customers now remember.

Eighthly – is it ‘proper’ for people to charge money for a product which is not endorsed nor produced by SI?

Okay some of those points are not biggies, some are though. Anyway, if you put them all together it leaves a pretty bad taste.

Thats a fair comment. I guess its a question of who's willing to put up with it and who isn't.

I can see that its not entirely agreeable. Some corners have been cut and language being used to gloss over certain facets, e.g. voluntary donation.

I just feel that for all the years i've been using this tool, I wouldn't begrudge giving him some cash inspite of all these negativities. But you're right, it's not ideal

This (along with the fact that the groundwork code came from Michael Nygreen) is pretty important, I think. If I'd done any voluntary translation work for this, I'd be seriously annoyed that he was now charging people for it.

I'd still like to know what SI make of it, as well, especially as he's effectively promoting the product on their forums.

This (along with the fact that the groundwork code came from Michael Nygreen) is pretty important, I think. If I'd done any voluntary translation work for this, I'd be seriously annoyed that he was now charging people for it.

I'd still like to know what SI make of it, as well, especially as he's effectively promoting the product on their forums.

I'd be more interested to know Nygreen's opinion of it. Maybe he's legally entitled to a share. Although, there could be a legal loophole given that he has provided many of the FM Scout aspects in the free version (bar the CA and PA) and charged (or required donations) for his additions (potential stats etc.)

that people want to donate freely by themself that is their choice, as i said, but for him to ask money for something he has gotten freely aswell from others is just wrong

if you want to buy ' his' tool it is upto you to be ripped off

i havent had any troubles using the free tools in the last few releases.

*twirls his thumbs for MC to return*

To be honest it doesn't suprise me that Genie's started charging, obviously all the money he was making by people clicking banners on his site wasn't enough. He was about as useful as a c*ck flavoured lollypop anyway. Good riddance to him, sick of all the posts from people believing he was doing something "for the community".

Cheers Genie for waking everyone up to the fact you're a money grabbing loser.

Archived