Prozone!

I'm ignoring it completely. The game already felt like you needed a maths degree and the time to complete one just get a tactic together. The last thing I needed was more stats. Besides, were't these stats already in the game in some form. Looks like the brand name has just been stuck onto them.

A professor once told me stats can be used to prove just about anything. That's their strength but also their weakness. :(

Foxy, I thought it was a bit daunting it first. I mostly used it to look at intercepted passes to figure out weaknesses in possession and who was missing chances (so that I knew who to yell at), and I would have probably continued to use it in this limited way, but then I watched your videos and now it all makes perfect sense and I'm not so scared of it anymore.

Foxy has a youtube channel. He demonstrates there how he uses it for his advantage and i started to use it after i saw that videos

Yes, and it's pretty entertaining. I like what he's done with the analysis. I've not used ever used it like that, or to that extent, relying much more on visuals and "feel." Definitely worth checking out his YouTube stuff on it.

I'm ignoring it completely. The game already felt like you needed a maths degree and the time to complete one just get a tactic together. The last thing I needed was more stats. Besides, were't these stats already in the game in some form. Looks like the brand name has just been stuck onto them.

A professor once told me stats can be used to prove just about anything. That's their strength but also their weakness. :(

The stats where kind of in there yes, but not how they are now shown.

In actuality, its not too difficult to use once you have learnt how, and they can be very very useful in winning games which you would either lose, or potentially draw.

Foxy, I thought it was a bit daunting it first. I mostly used it to look at intercepted passes to figure out weaknesses in possession and who was missing chances (so that I knew who to yell at), and I would have probably continued to use it in this limited way, but then I watched your videos and now it all makes perfect sense and I'm not so scared of it anymore.

Dude! that is so cool! If you strip away the meat, and look for 1 singular thing, its alot easier! Glad they helped :)

Yes, and it's pretty entertaining. I like what he's done with the analysis. I've not used ever used it like that, or to that extent, relying much more on visuals and "feel." Definitely worth checking out his YouTube stuff on it.

Awesome! Glad I could help. Visuals are always a great starting point, but being able to strip back the meat and see within the stats what your feeling, and then act on it is so so so much fun, adds an air of realism to the game and gives you that proper football manager feel when you've tactically outclassed an opponent!

Fox, I've watched three of your prozone videos so far, learned a whole new load of information. Thanks for that, hopefully I can use it to my advantage now. Just one bit of a advice for you, if you can, could you talk slower and turn down the monstercat in the background? You seem to talk a bit fast and it's hard to keep up. Other than that I loved your videos, I have subscribed!

Ive always struggled to use the stats given to actually achieve anything. Really struggling to get any result at the moment though so I'll check out the videos. Hopefully they help!

Edit: Mate those videos are fantastic, couldn't recommend them any more to people wanting a little more insight on how to casually use the prozone analysis. Cant wait to actually constructively alter small things in my tactics now. And it looks like you have a lets play with a national north/south side as well which should be useful to prep for dafuges this year. Cheers.

I actually forgot about prozone this year, and into my third season have felt inspired by foxys videos!

I've just used the analysis tab for a game by game comparison, and just noticed that I have match data from 3 seasons ago. How long are matches saved for? Won't this have an affect on the game long term?

Just one bit of a advice for you, if you can, could you talk slower

Just a heads up, you can slow down the rate at which youtube videos play. Click the setting cog in the bottom right and change the speed from normal. Not sure if it would help, just a thought.

Fox, I've watched three of your prozone videos so far, learned a whole new load of information. Thanks for that, hopefully I can use it to my advantage now. Just one bit of a advice for you, if you can, could you talk slower and turn down the monstercat in the background? You seem to talk a bit fast and it's hard to keep up. Other than that I loved your videos, I have subscribed!

I will check them out this evening, curious to say the least!

No worries bro, will do so! Glad you liked them, and i naturally talk quick something im trying to become better at :)

Ive always struggled to use the stats given to actually achieve anything. Really struggling to get any result at the moment though so I'll check out the videos. Hopefully they help!

Edit: Mate those videos are fantastic, couldn't recommend them any more to people wanting a little more insight on how to casually use the prozone analysis. Cant wait to actually constructively alter small things in my tactics now. And it looks like you have a lets play with a national north/south side as well which should be useful to prep for dafuges this year. Cheers.

AWESOME! Dont let how complex it looks put you off, its actually very easy :) glad i could help! And so rewarding when you pull it off!

I actually forgot about prozone this year, and into my third season have felt inspired by foxys videos!

I've just used the analysis tab for a game by game comparison, and just noticed that I have match data from 3 seasons ago. How long are matches saved for? Won't this have an affect on the game long term?

Thanks for the kid words my friend :) you can start at any point using prozone, i wouldnt worry because your into a save!

The interface is terrible so I don't bother, much preferred the previous analysis screen. This shilling for prozone is very questionable.

I think there was a big improvement with the update, prior to that some bits where difficult, i think there are still some tweaks needed though.

Hey, been away pretty much since FM13, but isn't this just a glorified spicy with a badge version of something that has been in the game already for many years if one chose to find it and use it?

Its an improved analysis for sure, I always used the analysis when in games to tweak and edit, but there are some small inductions now they linked up with prozone that have further enhanced the use of it, still some glitches to iron out, but a awesome tool, as the analysis was/is

Find it is more detailed but a lot harder to use and not as well presented.

More detail is good though, and if youve spent time trying to learn how to strip it back to find issues you are looking for it can be a massive tool for perfecting that nearly perfect tactic, or out smarting an opponent, and when that happens its wonderful!

I think ive replied to all, just wanted to say thanks for some awesome comments about my yt, not the reason I started the thread, was interested in your opinions on prozone/analysis :D

You can reply to everyone with just one message though, dont need to spam, you need to click "multiquote" button and everything marked will be added to your response.

Nice videos, thanks for guide.

Planning my first game tonight and will be scouting sides a little bit more with your guides and analysing my own side after games. Although during the match I like to keep analysis to a minimum.

I'm not spamming I just don't know how to use this thing, sorry

LOL - But you do know how to set up a You Tube video? :D Multi Quote from now on please, enjoy reading your advice and words just not seeing your name and post count go up on the board needlessly. :)

Either way, good video and informative, well done.

LOL - But you do know how to set up a You Tube video? :D Multi Quote from now on please, enjoy reading your advice and words just not seeing your name and post count go up on the board needlessly. :)

Either way, good video and informative, well done.

Honestly, I didnt know you could multi quote, if I did I would have saved myself the hassle of quoting everyone, i have nothing to gain from my post count going up lol..thanks for the kind words regarding the content anyway!

They should simplify the Prozone feature, they should have a prozone tab on every player (on player profiles) to see their records and previous match. There should be a prozone tab on Tactics and Training department as well.

Can you all shut up about the multi quote and get off his back? None of you are mods of this forum so what you say to others means nothing. No wonder many people don't post or help on here any more when we get people like the two above who bang on about the multiquote.

They should simplify the Prozone feature, they should have a prozone tab on every player (on player profiles) to see their records and previous match. There should be a prozone tab on Tactics and Training department as well.

You can see their records and previous matches already from a player profile.

Can you all shut up about the multi quote and get off his back? None of you are mods of this forum so what you say to others means nothing. No wonder many people don't post or help on here any more when we get people like the two above who bang on about the multiquote.

:applause:

--

On a serious note, really enjoying Prozone and the YouTube tutorials you've done Foxy. They've improved a bit more recently with you speaking a bit slower. As for Prozone itself, seeing the players average positions during the matches has helped set up and tweak roles to that there is that effective link between midfield and attack. The other thing is after deciding on the style of play, looking for the right statistics to see if your plan is being effective.

For example in your videos you seem to focus on ending all interceptions, which probably suits your style of play if it is a patient passing game from the back. I guess if you are more of a counter attacking manager, you wouldn't mind too many interceptions as that comes as a by-product of the play.

Thank you Cleon!

:applause:

--

On a serious note, really enjoying Prozone and the YouTube tutorials you've done Foxy. They've improved a bit more recently with you speaking a bit slower. As for Prozone itself, seeing the players average positions during the matches has helped set up and tweak roles to that there is that effective link between midfield and attack. The other thing is after deciding on the style of play, looking for the right statistics to see if your plan is being effective.

For example in your videos you seem to focus on ending all interceptions, which probably suits your style of play if it is a patient passing game from the back. I guess if you are more of a counter attacking manager, you wouldn't mind too many interceptions as that comes as a by-product of the play.

Thanks man, I naturally speak quick, and there have been a couple of occasions ive looked back a few days later and have been unhappy with the speed, trying to change a habit of a life time but ill do it =D..I love reading the game and tweaking it, so much fun, have you watched my Milan series? Ive pulled off some excellent victories from minor changes before and during the game, the episode that drops to day is an interesting one! Truthfully im rubbish at role selecting, an area this year i want to improve.

Im glad you have identified a pattern in the videos, you've brought something to my attention. All my prozone videos are based around my style and tactic, something i'd over looked, maybe I can look into prozone with a different mentality, ie Attacking etc, umm, interesting, thank you.

Really enjoying your videos mate, really helpful stuff. I am the one asking about how long that stuff takes in the comments by the way :)

Hey bro! When you say how long stuff takes, do you mean how often i check? Sorry if i missed your comment! :)

I love reading the game and tweaking it, so much fun, have you watched my Milan series? Ive pulled off some excellent victories from minor changes before and during the game, the episode that drops to day is an interesting one! Truthfully im rubbish at role selecting, an area this year i want to improve.

Im glad you have identified a pattern in the videos, you've brought something to my attention. All my prozone videos are based around my style and tactic, something i'd over looked, maybe I can look into prozone with a different mentality, ie Attacking etc, umm, interesting, thank you.

I'm yet to have dipped into it, in honesty I'm yet to sit down and play FM16 for longer than an hour here-and-there. I'll give it a watch when I have the time to.

Honestly I don't think there's anything wrong with your videos showing your style of play, you are showing players how to use Prozone as a tool for their own games rather than holding their hands. Not that I'll complain if you end up making more videos and experimenting for us :p

Archived