Instant-Gaming.com

Why not just buy from somewhere like amazon?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Football-Manager-2016-PC-CD/dp/B015CPL286/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1445251711&sr=1-1&keywords=football+manager+2016

£29.99 for a digital copy of the game complete with beta access. Barely a quid more expensive and surely better to buy from a trustworthy site like Amazon than some dodgy key reseller like the one you posted.

Is that list updated ? I preordered from funstock.co.uk, already received the key and activated it, also got the documentary. I didn't see them on the list but they said that they will have the beta. I had no doubts really when I received the key 5 mins after preordering and already activated the game.

http://community.sigames.com/announcement.php?f=24&a=74

That's the complete list from SI of retailers that are part of the beta scheme, so as they're not on that list they're not going to be getting any beta keys.

In other words they're lying to you.

Green Man Gaming have never been on that list over the years and I have always got Beta access, so it's a bit harsh to say they are lying.

Green Man Gaming have never been on that list over the years and I have always got Beta access, so it's a bit harsh to say they are lying.

Pretty sure GMG have always been present on pre-order lists, because they've always participated. As far as I know though, they are this year, or have at least been offering. And also pretty sure a mod or SI employee (could be completely wrong with this though) confirmed as much again this year. Where is that list posted? Can't see it stickied anywhere? There's a number of stores offering the beta that have had it in the past - if the above list is correct, fair enough, but I had no idea such a list existed, and if it is indeed incomplete...well that's a shambles really.

There is a list on the this thread a bit further up

Yeah, I know, I was referring to that one. But it's usually stickied on this forum in big flashing lights as it's pretty useful information. When it was posted here, that was the first I'd heard of it, and still can't see it anywhere.

EDIT: Never mind, I was being dense, see it in the announcement part, although not exactly clear. Still, question remains as to whether it's definitely complete. Was going to order from GMG given they have always and still seem to be offering the beta. Know of a few other sites doing so too that aren't on it.

Yeah, I know, I was referring to that one. But it's usually stickied on this forum in big flashing lights as it's pretty useful information. When it was posted here, that was the first I'd heard of it, and still can't see it anywhere.

EDIT: Never mind, I was being dense, see it in the announcement part, although not exactly clear. Still, question remains as to whether it's definitely complete. Was going to order from GMG given they have always and still seem to be offering the beta. Know of a few other sites doing so too that aren't on it.

Yeah me too, ordered from GMG last 3 years and never had a problem

I have actually just dug up the 2015 Pre Order thread and GMG was on there for Beta access. So my error.

I understand that the list is legit, but it seems odd that funstock advertised the beta and all and maybe now they don't have it. Not blaming anyone, I guess I will just see when the beta is announced but it will be really weird to have the game in my steam library and not be able to play the beta.

Also, I guess asking for a refund if the beta is not included is out of the question? Since I already activated the game and watched the documentary and all of that.

I understand that the list is legit, but it seems odd that funstock advertised the beta and all and maybe now they don't have it. Not blaming anyone, I guess I will just see when the beta is announced but it will be really weird to have the game in my steam library and not be able to play the beta.

Also, I guess asking for a refund if the beta is not included is out of the question? Since I already activated the game and watched the documentary and all of that.

They potentially get the keys from one of the sources that does have all the pre-order bonuses - it's just not a guarantee. Depends how the system's set up and where they get the keys from. You'd need to go to the retailer for a refund if they've advertised it incorrectly, might not be possible if you've already activated the game on Steam.

Re: Funstock Digital. I'd imagine that the access to the Beta and access to the FM Documentary are part of the same "package" as far as Steam is concerned. I'd hazard a guess therefore that if you have access to the documentary, access to the Beta will follow. The key is obviously legitimate otherwise Steam wouldn't have accepted it.

Has anyone purchased from this website before? It states it has early access and its only £28.54.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Yep, all the time. They always deliver, pretty much instantaneously.

They won't be on the list of official key sellers though, and they're banned from being mentioned and linked to on Steam because they're key re-sellers (or grey market sellers).

Whether that is "legitimate" or unethical practice is ultimately up for you. People scaremonger that your games will be revoked and banned, but short of a concentrated effort to eliminate such sites (and there are many of them) the risk is pretty minimal. Your choice as to whether it is worth it.

Here's an apparently legit site offering it (+beta) for cheaper: http://www.getgamesgo.com/

I've pre-ordered from GMG too and now I think I may need to ask for a refund if they aren't doing it. Surely they can't say they are if they either aren't or aren't sure yet?

They can do whatever they want really, although it's unlikely they'd risk their pretty decent reputation by outright lieing. I'd be wary if it was a smaller site, but I'd imagine if GMG say they have it, they have it. Which begs the question, why aren't they on the list? Are they not "approved" retailers, but still have the beta? This side of things really has been all over the place with SI this year.

Why not just buy from somewhere like amazon?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Football-Manager-2016-PC-CD/dp/B015CPL286/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1445251711&sr=1-1&keywords=football+manager+2016

£29.99 for a digital copy of the game complete with beta access. Barely a quid more expensive and surely better to buy from a trustworthy site like Amazon than some dodgy key reseller like the one you posted.

Looks good , i'm going to order it @amazon now. Thanks

That's the complete list from SI of retailers that are part of the beta scheme, so as they're not on that list they're not going to be getting any beta keys.

Many on those on that list are companys selling digital key solutions to a lot of sellers around the world, so no its not the complete list as such.

Many on those on that list are companys selling digital key solutions to a lot of sellers around the world, so no its not the complete list as such.

agree with you; Playstore is one of the most popular (maybe the most popular) digital game platform in Turkey. I always pre-order FM from them for years and they always deliver the keys as soon as BETA is live. Never had any issues with them but they are/were not in the list of SI provided this year or before.

Um why not get it from steam? for near on 30 pounds from Amazon, it would only cost you 1/2 pound more to get it on Steam and so much easier to get it on Steam than anywhere else. You'd be silly not to.

because people are cheapskates and generally like to save money where possible

I once took an extra week to build my PC because the processor was $5 cheaper someplace else (where they had to order it) rather than just paying for it when I picked up the rest of the components

Um why not get it from steam? for near on 30 pounds from Amazon, it would only cost you 1/2 pound more to get it on Steam and so much easier to get it on Steam than anywhere else. You'd be silly not to.

Because on Steam it's £34.99 at time of posting, and on Amazon it's £29.99. With discounts, it's around £28 on GMG. That's why people will buy it somewhere that isn't Steam, especially now that the process of delivering keys is pretty seamless. It's hardly an act of mental gymnastics to take a code from an e-mail and paste it in. Certainly not worth an extra fiver at least.

On Amazon, the product description includes the documentary and beta code, but then it says the product is currently unavailable and they don't know if or when it will be available. http://www.amazon.com/Football-Manager-2016-Online-Game/dp/B015EWG71O/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1446231598&sr=1-1&keywords=football+manager+2016 , so apparently Amazon doesn't want my money.

edited to add:

apparently, if you don't pre-purchase, you have to wait until Nov 13th to get the game, no beta access available currently.

• Administrators

Just to clarify - digital pre-purchases are the only way of getting beta access. You cannot pre-order the boxed copy and get access I'm afraid.

A list of vendors who are supporting this can be found in our FAQ here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/437015-Football-Manager-2016-Frequently-Asked-Questions-Pre-Release-Beta?p=10524491&viewfull=1#post10524491

Archived