Manchester United Thread 2015/16

Harryseaess

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sure I read a while back we were looking at him last season. Seems a good player. We could do with more options up front. Be nice to see what Wilson can do before we throw money at people though, look at what Lingard has done and consider Wilson is much more talented.

I'm one of those who didn't rate Lingard all that highly a few years back, so it's great to see him breaking through now. Was amusing to see him criticised for "not having an end product" a couple weeks back, though, when that has been one of his strong suits for years. I do rate Wilson, however, so hopefully won't be proven wrong there too. Think he needs a loan where he plays more often than not, though. Hasn't impressed in the few chances he got for United so far, so he may need to take the usual route of loans for a few years before being able to break through. Just hope he makes it, because he is very talented, with a great finish and excellent speed.

The biggest "what could have been, sigh" (besides Pogba) is Ravel Morrison. Probably the biggest talent I've seen in the youth team. Such a shame that he wasn't there at all mentally, and was more interested in hanging out with his thuggish friends than doing what was necessary to become a world beater. Almost single-handedly won us the FA Youth Cup back in 2010-11, in a team with Paul Pogba, Jesse Lingard and Will Keane, plus a host of other talented kids. Just goes to show that talent alone isn't enough. Think he's in Italy now, having left every previous club on bad terms.

I finally caught up with the second part of the Class of '92 programme last night. How is Sadiq El Fitouri viewed at Man Utd? Does he have a chance of making it? I notice he has played three games for Libya.

Manchester United announce record first-quarter revenue

Manchester United are on course to become the first club to make more than £500m in a year, according to their latest financial results released today.

United's total revenue for the three months to the end of this September was £123.6 million, an increase of 39% on the same period in 2014.

The club's revenues were boosted by the launch of their sponsorship deal with Adidas, which is worth a minimum of £750m over ten years, and the Red Devils' return to the Champions League.

Champions League football also contributed to a rise of 64.3 per cent in broadcasting revenue and a rise of 64.2 per cent in matchday revenue.

The figure for EBITDA - which reflects the underlying profitability of the company - was up more than 100 per cent to £41.6m.

Ed Woodward, Executive Vice Chairman, commented, "Our record first quarter revenues and EBITDA demonstrate the continued strength of our businesses.

"We are delighted with the early progress made in licensing. During the quarter we entered into an agreement with HCL to be our Digital Transformation partner, which will enable us to connect with our fans around the world in innovative ways and further strengthen and grow our commercial revenues."

Would love to see the comparison in our wage bill from this time last year.

Great to see him have success there. He would not have such numbers for us though.

Disappointing to read Valencia will be out that long. Saw he had a surgery, but didn't know it was that serious. Should have been hooked off right away against City I guess. Hope he makes a full recovery. He has turned into a good and versatile (?) squad member. Won't and shouldn't be a starter, but if he's fine with his role, I'm fine with having him for a few more years.

Would love to see the comparison in our wage bill from this time last year.

I just read that it increased by 9m or something like that, partly due to bonuses with CL football.

Despite the massive increase, our debt goes up and the leeches take out yet more money. But yeah, let's all kiss their feet.

Why wouldn't he? He's a much better forward than Rooney currently.

Firstly, because he wouldn't get that many matches, certainly as a starter, because he doesn't fit into the system LVG uses. Also because United hasn't exactly produced heaps and heaps of chances, so no matter who we'd put up there they wouldn't score for fun. And because Chicharito is best in a two-striker system, like Leverkusen use, and again that is not something LVG prefers. Okay, he often plays with Rooney and Martial, but they don't play as a somewhat typical front two.

What does the debt stand at now? And what are they interest payments that we make each year?

Doesn't the club have enough to just pay off the loan now? Surely that would be the sensible option. Obviously there are people involved in the club that know a lot more about this than me.

Because a) He would never get picked ahead and b) we do not create as many open chances as Leverkusen. We have a pretty high chance conversion, but terrible chance creation rate.

EDIT: FFS Pan

Rooney's awful level of performance contributes to the low chance creation though.

What does the debt stand at now? And what are they interest payments that we make each year?

Doesn't the club have enough to just pay off the loan now? Surely that would be the sensible option. Obviously there are people involved in the club that know a lot more about this than me.

Went up from £380m to £420m as of May 2015 although the difference is supposedly available to the club.

Interest bill is £13m per annum

We could be playing like Barcelona and Chica would still be fluffing chances left right and centre for us. He doesn't deal with pressure well, he's found some where were he's confident and good on him. Man Utd need someone different anyway. The criteria is slightly narrower than 'not Rooney'.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Martial play a great through ball to our striker who didn't get close to it?

If only we had someone who would have...

But yeah, no chances created. Hard playing balls through to no one.

Chicha would've been offside or the ball would have rebounded off his foot into our own half. Revisionism at its best.

_63672010_63671628.jpg

10 goals in 14 games for Leverkusen.

Not that I think he should have necessarily been sold, but the Bundesliga is a shoddy example. For context this feller's got 10 in 12 playing in the same league:

Salomon_Kalou_682x4_999450a.jpg

Nah. The debt is rather cheap iirc so it makes sense to invest or create a buffer for a lean spell. Outlandish dividends notwithstanding of course.

Archived