Manchester United Thread 2015/16

Harryseaess

That was a proper FA Cup tie.

de Gea was awesome as usual, TMF really is looking like a potentially very, very good player indeed. Rojo truly is awful, and Blind yet again has good moments and then moments of utter horridness. Herrera can be frustrating as he does some really good things but also some horrendous passing. Rashford was great, like TMF there is potential for these two to be in our team for a very long time.

Also, Mark Noble such a ****. Not sure how injured Herrera was, but if someone has an injured ankle, picking them up and then dropping them at a time they don't know means they are suddenly going to have all the weight on said ankle in a way they can't control, and that could really make things much worse.

Anyway, big win and a decent performance, reckon if both teams turn up for it the semi vs Everton could be brilliant.

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I really think Rashford should be with the England squad now. It would be useful to have a young lad with pace and good technique in reserve.

He's clearly talented but right now he doesn't offer any more than what the seniors do. England are pretty well stocked for forwards at the moment as well. I'd rather he spends the summer with England U21s/U19s (if they have any games) or working on his fitness conditioning.

Good game tonight, really wasn't expecting that. We have some seriously talented young players, hope they all push on and get loads of chances to develop.

You guys deserved that tonight, much better team and we were set up all wrong. Have no idea what Billic was doing with Antonio as RB, was a complete mess. The midfield were too deep and too flat as well, leaving Carrick to control the game.

Enjoy Wembley. #lvgin ;)

Btw, that De Gea is some keeper eh?

posted months ago I was hoping the way the season was going(nothing to play for) that Fosu-Mensah would get a game or 2 in first team

he has been looking excellent for the reserves RB is not even his best position I hope to see him in a DM berth before the season finishes

he is great at breaking play up and can drive forward when required like Kante, he looks better in his age group than pogba did;)

one of our best performances of the season last night Hammers didn't turn up until late on pretty shocked by that you never know lucky Louise might get his Trophy after all:brock:

Great goal from Rashford, I can't wait for him to be dropped or pushed out wide so that Rooney can play upfront.

De Gea was great once again, we're ****ed when he leaves.

Fellaini had a very good game, I don't think he's good enough for us but he did well last night.

we know we want him to be sacked, but would it make a difference if he won?

I'm not on the board;)

but I believe it wont make any difference the club are now posting poor financial results the fa cup is great for us fans but in reality it papers over the cracks we have been crap in EPL and UCL

as a Utd fan got to say that was CLASS from the scousers a well done to them(and before anyone questions my support for Utd I have been for over 40 years, through the good and not so good times, and I am not insecure that I cant congratulate a performance like that from our biggest rivals)

my fear when they got Klopp(wanted him 100% for us) is he would given time put them back on top and this could be the start, hope I am wrong but once he gets a few players in I am dreading it

Good decisions?

Little bit surprised at Byrne as he's really turned it around in the last few months, been in excellent form, although I don't think he'll have ever made it here.

Dorrington is nowhere near good enough and Rathbone has too many players in front of him at u21s, he's barely played all season and is still physically underdeveloped. Decent player technically though.

We're loaded for keepers at u21s with Johnstone, Pereira and Henderson, but in the U18s we've only got Sebtaoui as Matt Campbell wasn't given a scholarship, so at least one new keeper should be coming in.

Cam Borthwick-Jackson, Donald Love and James Weir up for the U21s player of the year award. Has to be Weir for me, has become a permanent fixture in that side through hard work and perseverance, has captained the team well and has been extremely consistent all season. CBJ has had more exposure due to his first team exploits but Weir should be winning it.

Would like to see some changes today. Keep as many players fresh for the SF as possible.

DDG

Darmian

Jones

Rojo

Young

Fosu-Mensah

Herrera

Mata

Depay

Valencia

Rooney

If that team can't beat this Villa side then they should all give up playing football.

Interesting to read that if we finish fourth at the expense of Man City and they win the Champions League and Liverpool win the Europa League we won't get into the Champions League ourselves. Not that I can see that scenario happening anyway.

You talk about resting players today to keep them fresh for next Saturday, but don't forget we play Palace on Wednesday.

I had forgot about midweek.

Would still give Smalling, Carrick, Rashford and Martial the week off

Interesting to read that if we finish fourth at the expense of Man City and they win the Champions League and Liverpool win the Europa League we won't get into the Champions League ourselves. Not that I can see that scenario happening anyway.

Unlikely, but we can't complain if it did happen. We should make sure we finish high enough that it doesn't affect us.

I had forgot about midweek.

Would still give Smalling, Carrick, Rashford and Martial the week off

Personally I'd keep the back line as solid as possible, though I'd happily give Darmian a start and rest TMF a little. Would also rest Rashford over the next two games, maybe have him play today for an hour and come off for Rooney to get the latter some match fitness, then play Rooney for 75 vs Palace. Rashford plays some time in both to stay sharp but not get knackered and Rooney gets some much needed time. Dropping Lingard would aso be great.

De Gea; Valencia, Smalling, Blind, Rojo; Fellaini, Schneiderlin; Mata, Rooney, Depay; Rashford.

Great to see Depay start, hopefully a good opportunity for him to build some confidence. Will enjoy people melting down over Fellaini and Rooney.

Archived