Players who always score against you

No matter how hard I try, I can't stop Aston Villa's young striker scoring against me. 13 goals in 6 matches against my Everton side and I can't stop him. My side have won the last 5 and not conceded a goal and yet he just bangs in another hat trick as though my defenders aren't even there. I know every team has a bogey player, but really?

In addition, I never usually replay matches but just now I was so disgusted by how the floodgates opened I restarted the game. 5 wins, 5 clean sheets, playing a Villa side who are 16th and they go 5-0 up on 60 mins. A bit hard to believe me thinks......

Opposition instructions?

I've thought about this. I've tried relying on just AssMan instructions and I've tried marking him, tackling hard, closing down etc. but he always finds space and always finds the net. I guess the only way to stop him is to just buy him. Anyone got £30m they can lend me?

I'm just wondering how I can stop him and why he is always so prolific against me despite my defence being solid and in-form. What did you think I was trying to say?
I didn't. You just failed to add this to your initial post, so I had no idea what the point of the OP was.

Without any info, it's going to be very hard to give you any advice.

I didn't. You just failed to add this to your initial post, so I had no idea what the point of the OP was.

Without any info, it's going to be very hard to give you any advice.

It wasn't hard to infer that this is just a thread for open discussion/advice about this particular problem. It's not something I've noticed on FM before so I was wondering if anyone else had similar problems.

It wasn't hard to infer that this is just a thread for open discussion/advice about this particular problem. It's not something I've noticed on FM before so I was wondering if anyone else had similar problems.
Your post could just as easily have gone down the route of "the game is rigged" etc, which is why I rather asked for clarification.

A friend of mine is terrified of strikers with two last names, eg Sylvan Ebanks-Blake. They always score against him he claims. We now play multiplayer in the German leagues and his nemeseses are Richard Sukuta-Pasu and Maxim Choupo-Moting.

I remember this really fast regen that CSKA Moscow had during the 2030's in FM12, he was a decent player but never had a season with an overall of higher than 7.3, he didn't even have 20/20 pace and accelartion, yet every time I faced him, he scored, sometimes several goals, running at really fast speeds. Never worked out a way to stop him :p

Lukasz Podolski for me. Every time he came off the bench for Arsenal, then every time he played when he moved to Villa (including two hat-tricks). Even when he got too old to start for them and was unfit and slow, he would come off the bench to grab a goal.

I tried using all of the opposition instructions but any advice would be welcome... however it may just be the 20 he has for finishing

Dzeko in FM14. I remember hating facing him and even lost a CL-final due to him putting 5(!!) goals in the back of my net within 35 minutes. We had the lead 3-0 and then Dzeko came on instead of Aguero.

I then saved the game, edited Dzeko to play for a Swedish second division team the rest of his career. Yes, it was a low moment even for me.

Great, even moderators is derailing the thread and being rude.

Only option I see if you have the press mention a boogey scorer, is trying man marking.

Not sure it will help, since I've had one of those, he had 3 long range shooting, then scored a ton of long range goals, even a 30+ one.

Also you might be jinxing your team during the press conference, making him be way better than he is.

Archived