Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.1.3

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok so I'm deeper in my first season, with just 3 matches left to end it. I've got to say that I believe that most complaints are due to the fact that you need to approach FM15 with a clear mind, tactically. I was also stuck in my past preferences and saw weird outcomes.

However with some tweaking here and there, I can now say that I enjoy a lot the ME. My last four matches were an undeserved 1-0 defeat, a 2-0 away win, a 1-0 hard fought home win and a whopping 4-2 home win against the 3rd team, scoring 3 goals from sweet sweet passing game. All these by playing deeper, disciplined and counter attacking when possible with a team that was touted to be a favorite for relegation.

By putting players in the 6 yard box I've eliminated most corner issues and by having my full backs press and tackle hard the opposition wingers I rarely get any really dangerous crosses in my area.

I understand it's hard for people to switch to new ideas in tactics and they probably expect to be able to approach FM15 in the way the did with FM14 but it won't work like that. You should be ready to go deep and counter attack, close spaces and defend etc, if you open up too much you'll see a lot of goals, unless you're a dominant team.

Generally FM15's engine is not broken or bad, it's actually already better than FM14's as it offers more options in how to build up attacks or defend. However it probably is harder to grasp for impatient players, I can say that.

The tweaks I believe are needed are:

- Less effective/accurate long shots from players with bad LS attributes.

- A tad better reaction in crosses from defenders.

- A small reduction in bad back passes that lead to corners.

Outside the ME two issues are a must-fix in the next patch:

- All tooltips opening after a replay in 3d-match view.Please.

- Saving times.

I've been playing FM 14 as well, since FM 15 ME is so flawed, i corrected my little mistake and it still stands, if the users don't point out these bugs then how will we get get the product we deserve? people pay money for this game and they expect a game that works. look at the steam reviews

Aside from the obvious that the game does work, the Steam reviews are "mostly positive".

I don't think anyone is denying there are some issues, near post/crossing has already improved and is improving further, and the save game times on some computers is also known, acknowledged and being worked on. The squad rotation/harder than FM14 to keep players who don't play in LLM is a massive improvement, not a negative at all!

Well I had been playing the demo (first version) and played about 3 months. I have been loyal to FM2012 for some time. Got an awesome save on there. I missed FM13 because of this and then bought FM14 but a mixture of lack of time and struggling to get into the game I only ended up 4 seasons in.

So I bit the bullet on Tuesday and bought FM15 and I'm so glad I did. Yes there are some issues but not game breaking at all. I don't understand people saying that its unplayable. End of the day if you want something to be real life then be a real manager! My save also takes about 1 minute but I only save manually just as I am finishing playing FM that day. That 1 minute doesn't mean anything unless you’re having after every win….

Everything for me is great so far. Done 2 seasons. To be honest I'm not one for looking to deep into stats. It looks real enough to me and I enjoy it.

I'm sure once the next patch is released the saving issue will be reduced and anything else will be a bonus. I think it is the best ever FM and its great credit to the whole team at SI. :applause:

1. Too many goals

2. Too many goals from set pieces or rebounds that come after set piece

3. Sometimes a defender who is 5m from the ball will for some reason decide not to run and slow down only for striker who was 20m away get to the ball first.

Fix these things and the game will be top class!

Anyone else noticing far too many goals coming from second balls at setpeices or rebounds?

Seems impossible to keep clean sheets as always the ME always lets opposition score from set-pieces by having them score from second balls.

Enjoying the game and the challenge but totally agree. I'm ******** bricks when the opponent has set pieces. Players have good marking, pre match defending set pieces etc. Doesn't seem to help, I'm shipping loads of goals. Every time if it doesn't go straight in, chances are it's a goal mouth scramble/rebound which results in a goal :confused:

Does it make a difference because I'm playing as Liverpool who are generally shocking at defending set pieces lol :p

1. To many players complain about not having enough appearances in first team, more then average on FM 14, and the only option is too actually play them more often on first team or they WANT TO LEAVE. therefore they will not sign a contract making it impossible to hold players in LLM

2. To many goals from corners and crosses, every time the AI has a corner I'm scared

3. To many goals in general, defending and the goalkeepers are too poor.

4. The Saving time is a lot lot longer then usual

5. FM 15 is not optimised properly for window mode, some of the screen gets cut off when playing the game in WINDOW mode on Windows 8

These are known issues, and check the steam reviews

1. That's the point of complaining for first team football - They want some first team football. Again, if you believe too many are complaining, please report it with a save from before the complaints.

2. That may very well be tactical, but upload PKMs to the ME bugs forum and the ME team can take a look.

3. Same as point 2.

4. Known issue.

5. I am not aware of this. Please report it to ensure it gets looked at.

You're making a big mistake reading steam reviews. There's a feedback thread right here.

Hey guys! I brought the game last Friday. I am in my 4th season with Nottingham Forest. In the Premier League, I have bought a decent team, I will update thread with team if people want to see later. Now for the rant! The bugs is incredible and i really wish they would consider a better BETA testing system.

• Goals scored from corners, Pretty much the same as crosses but again, its so unrealistic, whenever there is a corner thrown into the box either the defenders miss the ball or just completely screw up which leads to a goal
  • Amount of goals scored from crosses is ridiculously unrealistic, Not just against me, i am scoring a ridiculous amount of goals from crosses, Do we live in a world with the best crossers of the ball? Because i dont think so! Every game there is 1-2 goals guaranteed from a ridiculous cross.
  • Saving the game is so slow, i have a very powerful gaming rig and it launches any game on the market super quick but FM takes a few minutes to save
  • Players in the game are whiny and very annoying, All players are played in rotation but still every second we get people moaning.
  • Defenders dissapearing out of position for no reason, No matter what team you are or how good the defenders are, they just seem to dissapear and a massive hole just appears in the center of my defense.
  • Exact same goals being scored, I was leading 1-0 at Chelsea 5 minutes left, they scored an identical goal twice in 2 minutes to win, Again very unrealistic and just plain annoying.

Loved the game when it was new and all the new features are brilliant, But now i am 4 season's in the same thing keeps happening over and over again its getting abit tedious! Anyone else having any of the same issues?

So I'm a little late to the party but here is my two cents on the latest instalment of FM.

The MATCH ENGINE. Looking really good. I like that you can recognise specific styles of football far more easily. I'm currently playing a direct 4-4-2 exploit flanks formation and it actually works. They Exploit the flanks! I can see it happening with my own eyes! Most of my goals come from crosses. I selected hit early crosses and THEY SCORE FROM CROSSES! No way FM. Is this some sort of joke?

In match team talk G up moments. Do these work? Also it takes a long time to find the correct tone and shout that by the time you say get creative, the player has already scored a worldy. But its a nice touch.

Love the new, shiny, colourful news tab. Although the font is pretty hideous.

Side bar is confusing and it sometimes takes me forever to find the tab I want.

Crash dump central. Usually after a period where I haven't saved the game for 3-4 games. Really frustrating.

Why does saving take longer than the time it takes to make a brew. That doesn't make any sense.

I'm managing Barnet and some of the goals being scored in this league are absolutely top drawer! It's like Messi and Ronaldo play Lower league football for a bit of a laugh.

Match preparation. Although there is feedback mid match saying that working on att set pieces has been effective, I seem to get 'we should work on defending set pieces' every two games and even when I do focus on it for 3-4 games consecutively, it still says this and my results aren't as good.

Training seems a little showy and ineffective.

Whilst there is so much information, I sometimes feel a little swamped by it. I spend so much time concentrating on my team that I neglect other teams and leagues. This removes immersion and realism.

All in all though I think for an early patch, its a real improvement. The match engine is really nice. It seems that the days of screaming at a player because he just slows down or stops for no reason are gone. I ENJOY watching the games, even when I lose.

What i really don't like and what never improves in any version of FM is that i'm able to get from 3rd Division in Norway to being in the quarterfinals of the championsleague without losing a single player to another team.

I have an argentinian international player for example who was earning 200k euro a year in my team, when he could easily be earning like 4-5m in any other decent team. Still he never wanted to leave. And i could say that about all my first-eleven players, all of them should have left long ago, if not for the reputation of a club, then for the money.

This just makes any long term save very boring for me as it is incredibly easy to get to the top in a nation.

In reality when a team is overachiving it loses at least 1-2 of his best players every season.

People on here seem to be a bit harsh. The ME is in no way broken or unplayable.

True, maybe a tad too many goals, hard to keep a clean sheet. BUT, when i look at the league table in my current save, there seems to be nothing wrong with it. Overall the goal count seems relatively right.

Yes, crosses are powerful, a bit less efficiency and a few more through balls would be nice and more balanced. I guess it's not a HUGE thing to work on and i expect improvements on this soon.

But still, it's a huge step compared to the beginnings of 2014 ME. It's really enjoyable. Good job, SI.

What i really don't like and what never improves in any version of FM is that i'm able to get from 3rd Division in Norway to being in the quarterfinals in the championsleague without losing a single player to another team.

I have an argentinian international player for example who was earning 200k euro a year in my team, when he could easily be earning like 4-5m in any other decent team. Still he never wanted to leave. And i could say that about all my first-eleven players, all of them should have left long ago, if not for the reputation of a club, then for the money.

This just makes any long term save very boring for me as it is incredibly easy to get to the top in a nation.

In reality when a team is overachiving it loses at least 1-2 of his best players every season.

I think this is a good point, and I agree to an extent. Is there any chance you could upload your save to the Bugs forum please? In the specific case of your Argentine international, it does seem very unrealistic.

As a related point, I'm playing my second season in the Premier League and Liverpool finished ninth, Rodgers was sacked and their squad has been absolutely massacred - Balotelli, Lucas, Sakho, Coutinho (and others) have all expressed discontent with the league position and been bought. It seems your issue *could* be suggesting the problem only affects teams on the up.

People on here seem to be a bit harsh. The ME is in no way broken or unplayable.

True, maybe a tad too many goals, hard to keep a clean sheet. BUT, when i look at the league table in my current save, there seems to be nothing wrong with it. Overall the goal count seems relatively right.

Yes, crosses are powerful, a bit less efficiency and a few more through balls would be nice and more balanced. I guess it's not a HUGE thing to work on and i expect improvements on this soon.

But still, it's a huge step compared to the beginnings of 2014 ME. It's really enjoyable. Good job, SI.

Its funny you say the ME is not broken in anyway but then list a few things which are wrong..... Crosses are not powerful they are ridiculous, I watched a friend's game last night to prove a point, he beat Liverpool 6-1, 4 out of the 7 goals were from crosses... 1 of the goals was from the half way line...

What i really don't like and what never improves in any version of FM is that i'm able to get from 3rd Division in Norway to being in the quarterfinals of the championsleague without losing a single player to another team.

To me this aspect of the game seems much better this year. I'm consistently competing for honors with Villa and it's considered one of the richest clubs in the world, but the likes of Real Madrid, Bayern, PSG and Barcelona are still able to tempt my players to seek a move. I just lost two first team players the last january window due to interest from those clubs. I told the players that I would accept a bid if it matched the valuation, and not long after the window open I got huge bids on both of them.

Its funny you say the ME is not broken in anyway but then list a few things which are wrong..... Crosses are not powerful they are ridiculous, I watched a friend's game last night to prove a point, he beat Liverpool 6-1, 4 out of the 7 goals were from crosses... 1 of the goals was from the half way line...

Does he play with attacking wingbacks and attacking wingers/inside forwards, with an emphasis on wide play in the team instructions?

There's a big difference between it being broken and having a few issues.

Proving a point typically takes more than a single game sample :)

There are still too many crosses in the game and certain systems do exacerbate the problem, but this will be refined over time. In my opinion, there's an awful lot of over reaction to the scale of the issue. It isn't perfect, but it is not as bad as some people are making out.

I think this is a good point, and I agree to an extent. Is there any chance you could upload your save to the Bugs forum please? In the specific case of your Argentine international, it does seem very unrealistic.

Yes sure i'll upload a save.

If i now think about it, players where coming to me and where telling about a better club interested in them. I told them if a good offer is made they can leave. But a offer never came. I had unrealistic asking prices set though, maybe it has something to do with that, then it could be a bug.

But still they should have demanded higher wages.

To me this aspect of the game seems much better this year. I'm consistently competing for honors with Villa and it's considered one of the richest clubs in the world, but the likes of Real Madrid, Bayern, PSG and Barcelona are still able to tempt my players to seek a move. I just lost two first team players the last january window due to interest from those clubs. I told the players that I would accept a bid if it matched the valuation, and not long after the window open I got huge bids on both of them.

Hm, your players are most likely really good players. My players are like 134-150 CA, so not that interesting for the top clubs, but more for mid-table clubs in the top leagues. Maybe thats part of the problem.

There's a big difference between it being broken and having a few issues.

Maybe broken is wrong as i do love the game, but there are some huge flaws which i would of liked fixed before the game was released, I mean the saving issue should have been picked up during the BETA testing in my honest opinion.

Can't believe people are still going on about crosses in game, if you play with either a winger or wing back, then you will get 50% of your goals from crosses as you've set up that way.

So you think its perfectly normal to have a game finish 6-3 and 7-8 of them goals be scored through a cross? Do you not think thats a little bit unrealistic? When do you ever watch a game of football where every cross leads to a goal?

Can't believe people are still going on about crosses in game, if you play with either a winger or wing back, then you will get 50% of your goals from crosses as you've set up that way.

And thats the problem. Defending crosses isn't that hard, teams play wide to get room in the middle of the pitch and to be a threat from different positions or to put the defense under pressure, not to score 50% goals from crosses. Any decend CB can defend that.

Hm, your players are most likely really good players. My players are like 134-150 CA, so not that interesting for the top clubs, but more for mid-table clubs in the top leagues. Maybe thats part of the problem.

The game has always been a bit funny with reputation in some cases.. maybe that's the problem. Having done my first game in the English leagues and seeing this new mechanic I was looking forward to managing in leagues with less reputation, as I figured it would be quite a challenge to keep hold of my best players. I really hope that is the case.. if not, I hope you will let SI have a look.

So you think its perfectly normal to have a game finish 6-3 and 7-8 of them goals be scored through a cross? Do you not think thats a little bit unrealistic? When do you ever watch a game of football where every cross leads to a goal?

But every cross doesn''t lead to a goal, does it? It's just the crosses you are seeing on your highlights package. If every cross was a goal I think we'd have much higher scorelines.

Personally I'm not experiencing much higher goals from crosses than I would expect considering my fullbacks and wingers are told to cross. It depends how you set your team up, sure there is a slight problem but at the end of the day if you want less goals from crosses then change your tactics to a more narrow formation.

Proving a point typically takes more than a single game sample :)

There are still too many crosses in the game and certain systems do exacerbate the problem, but this will be refined over time. In my opinion, there's an awful lot of over reaction to the scale of the issue. It isn't perfect, but it is not as bad as some people are making out.

if a large proportion of users are complaining about a problem then the point should be looked at.

Of course there will be large reaction because it's the ME, this is the most one of the important part of the game. if it is flawed how can you not assume people will be reacting in such way, watching a game in FM 14, and watching one in FM 15 there is a difference. It doesn't have to be perfect but it is to bugged compared to FM 14, FM 14 ME is stable compared to this version

if a large proportion of users are complaining about a problem then the point should be looked at.

Of course there will be large reaction because it's the ME, this is the most one of the important part of the game. if it is flawed how can you not assume people will be reacting in such way, watching a game in FM 14, and watching one in FM 15 there is a difference. It doesn't have to be perfect but it is to bugged compared to FM 14, FM 14 ME is stable compared to this version

FM14's ME is more stable because it had months worth of patches, whereas this one has just come out. Chill :)

And it is clearly being looked at, but like RT says, people are overreacting.

Lots are complaining, lots aren't, and lots are explaining how and why it happens.

The issue is being looked at, but again - it is not, in my opinion, as big a deal as many people are suggesting. I have my opinion, you have yours. That's the way the world works.

But every cross doesn''t lead to a goal, does it? It's just the crosses you are seeing on your highlights package. If every cross was a goal I think we'd have much higher scorelines.

Personally I'm not experiencing much higher goals from crosses than I would expect considering my fullbacks and wingers are told to cross. It depends how you set your team up, sure there is a slight problem but at the end of the day if you want less goals from crosses then change your tactics to a more narrow formation.

Id have to disagree to be honest, i have never had an issue with ANY of the previous versions of FM with crosses, if you look on the forum you will see multiple people having the same issue with so many goals being scored by crosses, You cannot tell me its legit that a game could have 7 goals being scored from crosses and its completely down to tactics. I just wont accept that at all! Theres a bigger flaw somewhere which defintely needs to be looked at as its kinda ruined my 4 season game. EVERY game i can guarentee you there will be 2+ goals scored from a team crossing the ball. Id argue with anyone that its not working as it should be.

EVERY game i can guarentee you there will be 2+ goals scored from a team crossing the ball. Id argue with anyone that its not working as it should be.

You can't make that guarantee - I can guarantee you that :brock:

Early versions of previous iterations of the game have often had too many crosses. It is symptomatic of how the ME evolves towards its final update each year. I'm not sure if you're comparing fully updated games to this early FM15?

These issues can have a tactical core and many people have been discussing solutions in the tactics forum. As has been stated a number of times now, SI continue to look at this and we will see changes in a future update(s).

Id have to disagree to be honest, i have never had an issue with ANY of the previous versions of FM with crosses, if you look on the forum you will see multiple people having the same issue with so many goals being scored by crosses, You cannot tell me its legit that a game could have 7 goals being scored from crosses and its completely down to tactics. I just wont accept that at all! Theres a bigger flaw somewhere which defintely needs to be looked at as its kinda ruined my 4 season game. EVERY game i can guarentee you there will be 2+ goals scored from a team crossing the ball. Id argue with anyone that its not working as it should be.

But your example is just one game. You can't judge anything on one game. I have no idea of the tactics used in that game either.

It's all well and good saying every game there is at least 2 goals from crossing, but you still haven't told me what formation you're playing with, are you also telling me you've never had a 0-0 draw. Seems like you're just exaggerating the situation.

Bare in mind there's also multiple people complaining about injuries which has been debunked multiple times, just because people moan about something doesn't mean it's definitely an issue or a bug.

No-one is saying its working as it should be, SI will likely adjust it in a patch at a later date.

Lots are complaining, lots aren't, and lots are explaining how and why it happens.

The issue is being looked at, but again - it is not, in my opinion, as big a deal as many people are suggesting. I have my opinion, you have yours. That's the way the world works.

It could be a problem with specific formations/tactics that lets you score so many goals from crosses. In this case people should just upload them imo so they can be fixed. I don't play like that and crosses for me seem more or less ok. But i see strange results between AI teams now and then (like 7-6 and 5-4 in two games between the same top teams), could have been because of crosses, i didn't look closer :)

It could be a problem with specific formations/tactics that lets you score so many goals from crosses. In this case people should just upload them imo so they can be fixed. I don't play like that and crosses for me seem more or less ok. But i see strange results between AI teams now and then (like 7-6 and 5-4 in two games between the same top teams), could have been because of crosses, i didn't look closer :)

We will have to see when they release a patch.

Id have to disagree to be honest, i have never had an issue with ANY of the previous versions of FM with crosses
I had a much bigger issue with crosses in FM14: it was impossible to score from them, when 95% of crosses always ended up behind the goal rather than in front of it.

That's all it is to be honest. Systems employing attacking full backs and wingers obviously hit more crosses. Systems using a back three seem to defend the issue better. There are loads of permutations which is why it isn't as easy to refine as people assume, and is also why some people are more affected than others (plus there's the not small matter of subjectivity and personal tolerance levels to factor in!)

FM14's ME is more stable because it had months worth of patches, whereas this one has just come out. Chill :)

And it is clearly being looked at, but like RT says, people are overreacting.

Without people overreacting we won't get the product we deserve and SI won't acknowledge these bugs and fix them.

I don't see it as overracting, i see it as wanting the game we deserve because SI act like the bugs don't exist such as the corner/crosses one, or the too many goals bug. the goalkeeping and defending, and the long distance shots.

I had a much bigger issue with crosses in FM14: it was impossible to score from them, when 95% of crosses always ended up behind the goal rather than in front of it.

I am guessing SI have noticed this and now made it ridiculous :) Loving the game apart from the crosses! Ow and the most ridiculous goals being scored! But i guess this is down to tactics aswell ay!

Maybe broken is wrong as i do love the game, but there are some huge flaws which i would of liked fixed before the game was released, I mean the saving issue should have been picked up during the BETA testing in my honest opinion.

The saving issue wasn't present in beta or on release day. It's come with the hotfix. And it doesn't affect all. Mine takes no longer to save than it did in beta.

Without people overreacting we won't get the product we deserve and SI won't acknowledge these bugs and fix them.

I don't see it as overracting, i see it as wanting the game we deserve because SI act like the bugs don't exist such as the corner/crosses one, or the too many goals bug. the goalkeeping and defending, and the long distance shots.

For the last time - SI isn't acting like the bugs don't exist. They will fix it, whether you whine about it or not. Now, relax. If you find bugs report them.

Can we get back to feedback instead, please?

Archived