FM15: What Team Should I Be?

Gandy

Nation: Anywhere but Europe (Would prefer out of the top 5 big leagues but not overly concerned)

Division: Any

European Competition: Not needed

Media Prediction: I don't care

Board Expectation(s): I don't care about board either

Transfer Budget: Enough for a little bit of wiggle room

Wage Budget: Like above

Finances: At least stable

Other: I want a team that has real potential to become a real Continental power with a few years of development. Youth is a big part of what I like to develop a team rather than spending mega bucks go good facilities would be nice

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nation: Anywhere in Europe (Would prefer not doing one of the big leagues and I like the look of possibly Switzerland, Belgium or Scandinavia)

European Competition: I don't mind

Media Prediction: I don't mind

Board Expectation(s): I don't mind, however I like having time to build a team and the club up.

Transfer Budget: I don't mind but a small amount for a couple of players would be nice.

Finances: I don't mind but not heavily in debt.

Other: I want a team from a smaller European league who I can build up long term and lead in to the Champions League. A couple of promising youngsters would be a bonus.

Nation: Europe, not England.

Board Expectation(s): I don't mind, however I like having time to build a team and the club up.

Transfer Budget: I don't mind but a small amount for a couple of players would be nice.

Other: I want a team from a smaller European league who I can build up long term and lead in to the Champions League. A couple of promising youngsters would be a bonus. And well, i want this to be my test save and let me develop and study my tactics so i can't have expectations too high.

Just seen this after posting up another one - A nice suggestion, Are Anderlecht not considered the best team in Belgium? I always assumed they were the top dogs.
yes they are, the board expectation is a bug which has been reported in the bug forum ;)

Fallen behind with my Barnsley save, so wanting to start a fresh new challenge.

Nation: Any European club, willing to consider Australian and USA teams.

Division: low divisions

European Competition: nil

Media Prediction: Not fussed. Preferably not favourites.

Board Expectation(s): Again not fussed, preferably not to win the league.

Transfer Budget: Any

Wage Budget: Any

Finances: Any

Other: A team i'm not going to get bored of.

Nation: Anywhere but Europe (Would prefer out of the top 5 big leagues but not overly concerned)

European Competition: Not needed

Media Prediction: I don't care

Board Expectation(s): I don't care about board either

Transfer Budget: Enough for a little bit of wiggle room

Other: I want a team that has real potential to become a real Continental power with a few years of development. Youth is a big part of what I like to develop a team rather than spending mega bucks go good facilities would be nice

Try almost anybody at any level in Brazil.

They are in the top division, but S.D. Eibar in Spain could be a very interesting challenge- they're a small club that fought their way up to Liga BBVA, and you'd have your work cut out for you to win the league.

Staying in the Basque Country, you could also give Real Union a shot. They were founding members of La Liga in 1929, but haven't been there since the 1931/32 season. They have a decent reputation for their level as well. Oh, and they've played giant-killer quite recently.

If you want to go MLS I'd suggest my very own Houston Dynamo. Constant playoff contenders and have won the MLS Cup a few times, but aren't quite as good as they once were.

Brisbane Roar in australia

or dortmund

Nation: England

Division: Premier League or Championship

European Competition: doesn't matter

Media Prediction: doesn't matter

Board Expectation(s):

Transfer Budget: not too much, but not too little

Wage Budget: average amount?

Finances: decent shape

Other: Just a side note, I'm still learning the game of soccer/futbol, if that helps.

Anybody played with River Plate? Quiet a talented squad.. never started a Argentina/Brazil save, wanna know a bit about it..

I played with them years ago- must have been FM10 or 11. I didn't stay with the save too long, but it was quite a bit of fun. My goal was to bring in a few European players and I got a young Norwegian defender first year (forgot his name). Kinda wish I had stuck with it but I'm sure one day I'll give them another shot. Definitely a recommended team if you want to play as a top team but don't want to do the typical Euro thing.

Nation: England

Division: Premier League or Championship

European Competition: doesn't matter

Media Prediction: doesn't matter

Board Expectation(s):

Transfer Budget: not too much, but not too little

Wage Budget: average amount?

Finances: decent shape

Other: Just a side note, I'm still learning the game of soccer/futbol, if that helps.

hull city

Anybody played with River Plate? Quiet a talented squad.. never started a Argentina/Brazil save, wanna know a bit about it..

I've played in Brazil before, lots and lots of games in a season there... Real fun though. Took my Internacional side to World Club Cup victory over Barca.

Looking for a team with overload of forwards, to play a 4-3-3. A good side, with an okay budget, but not a top team. In one of the bigger leagues. Thank you :)

Everton. Eto'o, Lukaku, Mirallas, Naismith, McGeady and Atsu all can play in the forward 3 position.

Nation: Anywhere in Europe (Would prefer not doing one of the big leagues and I like the look of possibly Switzerland, Belgium or Scandinavia)

Other: I want a team from a smaller European league who I can build up long term and lead in to the Champions League. A couple of promising youngsters would be a bonus.

Grasshoppers - There is a thread on this forum for the 2015 game - A lot of useful information & very helpful & friendly players. Not much budget but can sell some players to bring in new faces. Couple young players that can be developed, not superstars but good enough for that level. Honestly give die Hoppers a good go - most fun i have had in FM15.

Nation: England. Because England is the only nation which is done properly in the game.

Division: High or semi high.

European Competition: No

Media Prediction: Quite low

Board Expectation(s): Realistic

Transfer Budget: Doesn't matter

Other: I'm poo manager who gets sacked from every job. That's why I want some kind of club where there is no enormous pressure for short-term results.

Not fussed about most details, looking for a club with a great youth record but isn't expecting too much any time soon, something like Ajax but without the need to win the league for a few years

If you have a bit of patience, you could check out Sassuolo - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/408672-FM15-U.S.-Sassuolo-Where-talent-is-plentiful-but-trophies-are-scarce

Nation: any decent European league

Division: Top or second division if wealthy

European Competition: Not bothered

Media Prediction: Any

Board Expectation(s): Any, although would prefer something not too harsh

Transfer Budget: bit of money to spend preferably

Other: Looking for a club with a bit money to down preferably, who I can build with and hopefully move onto a bigger job later on. Was considering leipzig as they have a decent budget. Would preferably want top divison like. Mid table ish with some decent funds maybe?

Nation: any decent European league

Division: Top or second division if wealthy

European Competition: Not bothered

Media Prediction: Any

Board Expectation(s): Any, although would prefer something not too harsh

Transfer Budget: bit of money to spend preferably

Other: Looking for a club with a bit money to down preferably, who I can build with and hopefully move onto a bigger job later on. Was considering leipzig as they have a decent budget. Would preferably want top divison like. Mid table ish with some decent funds maybe?

Try stutgart not much of a budget in the first season but they have a good squad wit some very good young players like werner ,rudiger and ferati also low board expectations of safe mid table.

Nation: England. Because England is the only nation which is done properly in the game.

Division: High or semi high.

European Competition: No

Media Prediction: Quite low

Board Expectation(s): Realistic

Other: I'm poo manager who gets sacked from every job. That's why I want some kind of club where there is no enormous pressure for short-term results.

West Ham. You can easily finish in the top ten, with expectations saying around 15th.

Nation: Any

Division: Top or second division

European Competition: Doesn't matter

Media Prediction: Doesn't matter

Board Expectation(s): Doesn't matter

Wage Budget: Doesn't matter

Finances: Doesn't matter

Other: Trying to test a 433 (ST, AML, AMR, MC, MC, DM, back four). Want an already established team that suits a 433 where transfers don't need to made hence budgets don't matter.

Division: Top or second division

European Competition: Doesn't matter

Media Prediction: Doesn't matter

Board Expectation(s): Doesn't matter

Wage Budget: Doesn't matter

Finances: Doesn't matter

Other: Trying to test a 433 (ST, AML, AMR, MC, MC, DM, back four). Want an already established team that suits a 433 where transfers don't need to made hence budgets don't matter.

Sevilla, Valencia, Wolfsburg, Lyon, Barcelona, AC Milan and Derby County just to name a few.

Not fussed about most details, looking for a club with a great youth record but isn't expecting too much any time soon, something like Ajax but without the need to win the league for a few years

How about something like Cadiz? You're expected to win the league, but that league is the Spanish third tier. Your squad is really good for that level and your facilities are by far the best in the league. Even assuming back to back promotions you'll get two youth intakes before you're in La Liga, and you have excellent youth facilities.

Chelsea

Pro: Can basically buy any player you want. Never have to worry about money. Thread is fairly active.

Con: Almost no job security. If you don't perform, you WILL be sacked.

Wolfsburg

Pro: Ricardo Rodriguez. Kevin De Bruyne. Could possibly be a title challenger with the right signings.

Con: Bundesliga is monopolised by FC Bayern. People always unsettling your players.

Real Oveido

Pro: Have ties to Carlos Slim. Thread is active, a few helpful people post on there. Ability to build a club in your own image.

Con: La Liga is monopolised by Barcelona/Real Madrid. Have to achieve promotion. Funds are fairly limited.

Woking

Pro: .. I don't know. Lower league in England, Conference side if my memory serves.

Con: It's a bloody Conference side. I'd go with one of the other three.

I'd suggest Chelsea, mainly as that's the side I'm managing at the moment.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/402712-FM15-Chelsea-F.C.-The-Blue-Monster-Is-Complete

Well, that means that I would probably not want to manage Chelsea.

Real Oveido looks appealing, and they used to have players like Michu Mata and Cazorla. However, I'm not feeling it to start a Spanish team.

Woking is a Conference side. They look appealing, because of their FA cup upset 20 years ago.

Wolfsburg is a club that also has money, which isn't something I want. However, the talent in their team is too hard to resist.

So I'm down to Woking and Wolfsburg.... Can more people express their opinions?

Division: Lower Divisons

European Competition: nah

Media Prediction: 1st

Board Expectation(s): 1st

Transfer Budget: Good for the division

Wage Budget: Good for the division

Finances: Good for the division

Other: I want a famous team that has been relegated eg Rangers, AEK. Give me a few ideas!

Archived