dafuge's FM15 challenge

Skelmersdale United

Season Summary 20/21

League Two

Final Position 12th

Huge clearout this season, especially in the U21 team. Amazed how many players, that stays in that team without a contract. Signed quite a few amazing prospects, well maybe not amazing per say, but seemingly good and all in all those were the ones that would join, and that I could bribe into joining :cool:

Finishing in 12th seemed like a good position, but we were so close to be in the playoffs and the team really did merit a spot there. Squad has more or less been completely reformed. New keeper, 4 new defenders, 2 new midfielders, 1 new attacking midfielder and 1 new striker.

Board has been a complete nuisance, and for the third year in a row cancelled a training upgrade in proces. They have however, as a slight comfort, agreed to sponsor the coaching badges and am currently training for a Continental C badge.

The Cups have been decent all in all. In the FA we had 3 easy games until loosing in the 4th round to QPR. League Cup was a 2nd round exit to Norwich and JPT a disappointing 1st round exit to Fleetwood. Comparing the draws, all the exits were to higher divisions and we didn't loose heavy in any of the games, which is encouraging.

Finances are bleeding a little with all the bribes, but hopefully increasing attendances, as well as league and tv money should keep it somewhat steady.

The noteworthy players:

Jack Mills: Keeper: Young and inexperienced, but should beat current first choice soon. He did make some costly mistakes this season.

Paddy Forrester: (I love that name) DL/DM Amazing prospect on this one, will play either position, depending next signings.

Richard Tipple: DR/L Should have us set on DR for next seasons. Improved great over the season.

Robson Brown: DC Has very good mental and pfysical for his age, but also inexperienced.

Einion Wilkinson: DC The rock of our defense and lethal in attacking set pieces. Good mental and very good physical stats for his age.

James Gill: MC Our best MC and the current weakest area of our team.

Derek Kelly: AML Really great player, did win a few matches on his own.

Kellan Gordon: AMR Second season with us and stepped up his game thos season.

Steffan Griffiths: SC He went the first 19 games without scoring, but with his stats he should be scoring alot more. Have high hopes for him.

Aim for next season: Bribe some more players and hopfully improve finances and atleast get to the playoffs.

Year	League	Pos.	Champ.L	Uefa	FA.Cup	Cap.One	JPT	FAT 	Achievement
15/16	Van N	11th	None	None	3d.Qual	None	None	3rd Rnd	None
16/17	Van N	1st	None	None	1st Rnd	None	None	4th Rnd	Promoted!
17/18	Conf	18th	None	None	1st Rnd	None	None	1st Rnd	Survived!
18/19	Conf	9th	None	None	2nd Rnd	None	None	1st Rnd None
19/20	Conf	1st	None	None	3rd Rnd	None	None	4th Rnd	Promoted
20/21	L2	12th	None	None	4th Rnd	2nd Rnd	1st Rnd	None	None

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mooping's Dulwich Hamlet 2020/21

Season in review:

I had no idea what to expect entering league football, but it turned out to be very comfortable. We started the season in fine form and finished in the same fashion. The parts in between were a little patchy but we remained in the top 10 all year, and the end of season push allowed us to squeak into the play-offs. In the play-off semi final, we lost the first leg 1-0, before roaring back in the second leg, winning 4-1 on aggregate. In the final, Rochdale were too strong for us and we fell to a 2-1 defeat. Always disappointing to lose in a final, but we can be proud of our effort and we will be back stronger next season.

Key players were January signing Curtis Woods for free from Dundalk. He provided electric pace and some real quality to our squad. Rob Walsh took over from Callum Connolly as our rock solid CB.

Squad

League Table

Competitions

Transfers

Finances

Career Overview

Season    League                     Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16   Vanarama Conference South  1st         [b]Champions[/b]
2016/17   Vanarama Conference        16th
2017/18   Vanarama Conference        3rd         Lost in Play-Off Final
2018/19   Vanarama Conference        5th         Lost in Play-Off Final
2019/20   Vanarama Conference        5th         [b]Promoted via Play-Off[/b]
2020/21   Sky Bet League 2           5th         Lost in Play-Off Final

Next Season:

Promotion is demanded by the board.

Ilkeston_FC_logo.png

2017/18

Table | Transfers | Squad

Started this season well and was in the hunt for the title until just about jan when poor results and Tamworths great run put them ahead. Spent the entire season in the top 5 but a poor end with just 6 points from the last 8 games meant the team just scraped into the playoffs. Lost 6-0 on agg to Macclesfield. Lost in the 4th Qf rd of the FA cup and the 1st Rd of the FA trophy.

Finances stayed about the same, around 150K.

On the squad front Walker left and Adams came in who is probably a better and more balanced midfielder. The defence as a whole played much better, a better goalie might have contributed to this (both goalies had a few 0.1 matches so there averages should be higher)

Wholey was the standout player, good defensively and my set piece taker.

Season            League             Position       FA cup    FA Trophy   League cup    Europe       Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2015/16        Conference North        15th       3rd Qf Rd    1st Rd        N/A          N/A          None
2016/17        Conference North        15th       4th Qf Rd    2nd Rd        N/A          N/A          None
2017/18        Conference North         5th       4th Qf Rd    1st Rd        N/A          N/A          None

Finances

Mooping, Hard luck on another playoff loss. Those 2 Irish players look great players, they must be better than league 2 standard. Your board is ambitious, it is the same one since the start?

My AM rates Woods as a "Leading League 1 player" and Walsh as a "good Championship player". I've been finding a lot of very good Irish players who are willing to join, many of whom are available for free, such as this guy who is next on my target list (scout rates him as "leading Championship player"). He did agree a deal with us in June, but later rejected it and now says we don't have the financial resources to meet his demands.

I did have a board takeover. The new board didn't bring much new investment though. Most of my financial flexibility has come from the four straight play-off final appearances.

Also Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's career must have really gone downhill as he has just joined as my assistant manager.

My defence is horrible.

I had got the defence working on the beta. Since the full version has come out its back to square one with the worst defence in the league halfway through the season, its only with the best attack i'm in midtable.

iwV4qmI.png

It looks like Redditch has found a new manager in Steve Djónson, an unknown Faroese manager. Hopefulle he can bring the club to glory they never tasted before. In the press conference earlier, he was optimistic about his teams chances to keep up with the rest of the Bananarame North teams. They will be up against stiff opsition in the 2017-2018 season, so we're still unsure wether or not the team will be up for the challenge.

After nearly 3 hours of reloading (was offline in work) I finally got Marine.

Looking forward to this year after a year off dominating with them on FM13.

Profile Info

got 4 games in so far. 2 reds and conceded 4 in my first game. Looks like its gonna be tough. I enjoy the terrible era so the extra terrible scouting is brilliant.

Witton Albion - Vanarama Conference - Season 2016/17

| League Table | Home | Away |

| FA Trophy | FA Cup |

Key Players

Sam Hall - (ST) - He was with us last season too but was injured for most of it. Good season from Sam, our highest scorer by a long way. Unfortunately he is very injury prone so next season I'll have to wrap him up in cotton wool.

Jake Moult - (CM) - Played well for the second season in a row. His only downside is that he has the 'Shoot from Range' PPM, if he didn't have that he'd be perfect.

One for the Future

Unfortunately Jamie Penny left at the end of the season. However he is still unattached. Right now his agent want's Jamie to earn 2k a week..not happening. He has interest from several league 1 sides, however I'm hoping I can get him back.

General

Squad

Finances - The board continuously topped up our balance, however it's still not great. The FA Cup run saved us really.

Transfers - My main aim was to find a good goal scorer. I failed miserably. The 4 I went in for, all went to other clubs in the division below. Gladly, 3 were injured for most of the season and the 1 who remained fit only scored once :D

Manager Profile - Not much to see here.

Review

I tweaked my tactics in an attempt to be slightly more defensive. It didn't work. After about 7 or 8 matches I abandoned the tactic and designed a new one, which was essentially a 4-1-4-1, after which we played quite well and had a couple good runs leading up to December, including an FA Cup 2nd round appearance (we lost away to MK Dons). We then had a bit of an injury crisis, loosing 5 of my midfielders and my leading scorer for over a month. Our form never recovered and we went from mid-table to just above the relegation zone. Which is where we stayed for the rest of the season. Survival was guaranteed in the penultimate game vs Alfreton.

History

2015/16 - Conference North - 4th (Play-Off Winners) | FA Trophy - 3rd Qual. | FA Cup - 4th Qual. | PROMOTION

2016/17 - Vanarama Conference - 20th | FA Trophy - 2nd Round | FA Cup - 2nd Round | Survival (just!)

Right well after my hard drive dying last week (costing my an almost completed uni assignment in the process :mad: ) I've spent the last couple of days away from my laptop but have spent all of today redownloading all my custom graphics and trying to pick a team for this challenge (couldn't face going back to and starting all over again with Dulwich :() so have gone with my most local club:

kingstonian.jpg

Club Profile

General Information

Manager Profile

Squad

Facilities

Finances

Thank you, found them , currently downloading, think it'll be awesome. What about kits?

Same site but go to last season's kits (under "SS'13/14 Kits") and look for the Evo-stick, Isthmian and Color Gas packs (think the first 2 are on the first page, may to go go to page 4/5 for the Color Gas ones)

Hendon - Vanarama Conference South - 2015/2016

Prediction: 22nd

Final position: 18th - Past positions

An unbelievable season. Never thought that I would survive my first season with Hendon. My first victory was only after 7 games. Was very consistance from time to time. 5 losses or 6 losses in a row. ;)

6 games before the end of the season I was pretty sure that we would relegate. We just had a run of 6 losses in a row, but sudenly we hit form, and with 11 points from our last 6 games we survived, but just bately. We had a new record in the division, but ot the record that I would. We conceded 122 goals during this season. Just terrible. I know which part of the team needs some strenghtenng.

Games 1

Games 2

FA cup: Exit in the first round after a loss aganst L1 Walsall

FA Trophy: Exit in the first round after a loss against losing Finalist Braintree, but didn't care about this cup.

Forgot to take a picture off my Youth Intake, but I had only 1 good player.

Goals for next season: Conceed less than 100 goals and don't get involved in any relegation battle.

Has anyone else noticed that the clubs reputation doesn't seem to change. In 4 seasons in the VCN Ilkeston is still below the clubs in the regional divs, which shouldn't be the case.

In fact they are the 2nd worst rep side in the VCN/S only kingstonian are lower. Its making it very hard to attract players, they seem to want to go to the teams in the divisions below or take up backup roles at clubs in the same league.

Has anyone else noticed that the clubs reputation doesn't seem to change. In 4 seasons in the VCN Ilkeston is still below the clubs in the regional divs, which shouldn't be the case.

In fact they are the 2nd worst rep side in the VCN/S only kingstonian are lower. Its making it very hard to attract players, they seem to want to go to the teams in the divisions below or take up backup roles at clubs in the same league.

I dont know how to check reps, new to this challenge, but I know that despite getting to the FA Cup 4th round, then 2nd round, play-off SF once and play-off final once, my rep didnt seem to improve in terms of attracting better players. It was a huge grind but I wasnt sure of it because I havent played lower leagues much.

FC United of Manchester

2015/2016 - Vanarama Conference North

3Qm7EwU.jpg

Always wanted to play this challenge ever since I heard about it a few years back, but I haven't had the time to play too much of the previous few versions.

Getting started on it right away and I was slightly fortunate to get FC United after simulating the first season. The minimum season expectation from the board is for a top half finish in Vanarama Conference North but I hope I can do more than just that!

I am hounded by the media already with a good few questions about how I'd fill in Club Legend Marginson's role, and if women can make their mark in football.

A lot of players look like they'd be leaving within a week, and I don't have any scouts yet to find me new players. Time to wear my new trench coat and walk to the training ground!

Archived