dafuge's FM15 challenge

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So with 7 games left FC United are safe from relegation for the first season, we have also somehow found ourselves in the playoffs with a Goal Difference of +3 :D wonder if we can promoted with a near negative goal difference, surprisingly we have actually been solid at the back for the most part conceeding the third least it's upfront where I have problems (as normal) also scoring the third least in the league with my attack not helped by the only Striker I have who can score picking up an injury that will rule him out for the rest of the season :(

It also seems the money I was making was purely down to the fact that at the start of the season you play twice a week, since we've been reduced to one game a week we have been losing money.

Completed a season as Whitby finishing in a respectable mid-table. I wasn't feeling much affinity for the club which is a bit of a sticking point if I'm going to devote months to a game. Despite people at the club being lovely when I went to take the picture of the stadium used in my background pack and even letting me into the ground to get some pics of the pitch area.

I decided to restart as St Neots who I very briefly started a game as on FM14 a month ago. I really like their colours and the name is quite quaint an English. I had my heart set on them, little did I know that it would take me a week and 500-600 reloads(!!!!!) before they would turn up... I almost gave up last night and decided that the next time Rushall came up I would play as them. St Neots appeared within another 3 reloads :)

Canvey Island - Sky Bet League 2 - 2020/21

Following our promotion, we stepped in the Football League as a professional club for the first time in our history.

League Table - we hit form in the second half of the season which saw us clinch promotion.

Johnstone's Paint Trophy - we had a decent run, but got well beaten by the club I support.

Capital One Cup - we managed not to completely embarrass ourselves in the Olympic Stadium.

FA Cup - another exit at the hands of a much bigger club.

Transfers - just a few key signings as I couldn't find many decent players interested in joining us.

Squad - most of the squad should be good enough for League 1, but I need to add a few new players.

Finances - not quite as bad as it could have been.

Key Player Profiles:

Chris Long - another brilliant goal tally.

Fejiri Okenabirhie - an amazing number of goals for a supporting striker.

George Moncur - starting to look like a decent winger.

Miro Muheim - it has taken so long to persuade him to stay, he should sign a new contract soon.

Rohan Ince - this signing made a huge difference to our defence.

Career Overview

Season    League                       Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16   Vanarama Conference South    9th       
2016/17   Vanarama Conference South    1st         Promoted as champions
2017/18   Vanarama Conference Premier  20th        FA Trophy finalists
2018/19   Vanarama Conference Premier  13th        FA Trophy finalists
2019/20   Vanarama Conference Premier  1st         Promoted as champions
2020/21   Sky Bet League 2             2nd         Promoted

Next Season

Once again we find ourselves heading into a new league, so the aim is to avoid relegation.

vPuBlrT.jpg

Thought my second season was bad, third season is even worse!

My home form is okay, rarely lose at home, but my away form is atrocious.

bFdoRx6.jpg

Tried to adopt a counter attacking formation more recently with a pacey forward, but still getting stuffed. Can't figure out how to avoid the goals as they're generally from defensive mistakes. Maybe I need to control possession a bit more.

Season	|     League	      |   Position	|  Europe	|    Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16	|  Conference North   |	     4th	|      N/A      |   Lost in play off semi-final
2016/17 |  Conference North   |      9th        |      N/A      |   
2017/18 |  Conference North   |      16th       |      N/A      | 

Kingstonian - Vanarama South - 2017/18

League Table - frustrating season. Was top after the first few games and around the top 5 for most of the season but a combination of an injury crisis (at one stage I was missing 6 first team players for at least a month) fixture pile up due to postponed games and having my wage budget cut nearly in half during the season meaning I couldn't bring in any fresh faces meant our season fizzled out.

FA Cup - a poor loss to our bogey team.

FA Trophy - loss to a higher placed team, 4-1 was harsh as their last 2 goals came in the final 3 minutes as we chased the game.

Transfers - a few in, more out

Squad - I like this squad but will be torn up this summer due to out financial problems

Finances - awful, pretty sure someone in the club is just burning money on a weekly basis :(

Key Players

Lyle Della Verde - Our key player again, goals and assists from him, gonna miss him next year as we can't afford to renew his deal.

Jonathan North - Our keeper played much better then his record suggests, another we're struggling to keep hold off.

Jack Friend - a real success, 20 league goals from the forward and one of the few we have for next season.

Christian Nanetti - Left winger, always capable of popping up with a goal or assist. Another that's off this summer.

Roberto Casabella - Spanish DM, key player but faded like the team during the season.

Career Overview

Longest I've ever been at this level :(

Season    League                     Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16   Vanarama Conference South  16th
2016/17   Vanarama Conference South  14th
2017/18   Vanarama Conference South  10th    

Mooping's Dulwich Hamlet 2022/23

Season in review:

The board expected a comfortable mid table finish which made me a little nervous as I would have been happy to just survive. We didn't make too many summer additions, but yet we were able to thrive in League 1. We ended up comfortably winning the title by 5 points, and had a double digit points lead at one time, before allowing our form to slip a little towards the end of the season.

Key players were the ever present Curtis Woods and Rob Walsh. Ryan Morgan is our star striker. Unfortunately he's quite injury prone, but he does the business whenever he's able to take the field.

Squad

League Table

Competitions

Transfers

Finances

Career Overview

Season    League                     Position    Achievements
2015/16   Vanarama Conference South  1st         [b]Promoted as Champions[/b]
2016/17   Vanarama Conference        16th
2017/18   Vanarama Conference        3rd         Lost in Play-Off Final
2018/19   Vanarama Conference        5th         Lost in Play-Off Final
2019/20   Vanarama Conference        5th         [b]Promoted via Play-Off[/b]
2020/21   Sky Bet League 2           5th         Lost in Play-Off Final
2021/22   Sky Bet League 2           1st         [b]Promoted as Champions, Johnstone's Paint Trophy Winners[/b]
2022/23   Sky Bet League 1           1st         [b]Promoted as Champions[/b]

Next Season:

I would say I am just hopeful of surviving our first season in the Championship, but given how easily we breezed through L1, actually I think we can do a little better than that.

Badge-Hampton.jpg

Hampton and Richmond Borough FC - Vanarama South - 2015/16

Well Hopefully this will be my final restart after 2 other attempts. I picked HRBFC as my new team and set about trying to survive in the Vanarama South. We achieved this feat comfortably. We flirted with the playoffs for the majority of the season until a late collapse saw us fall away and we could never catch up again. It was a solid season with plenty of promise for future seasons. Hopefully I can make the right signings over the summer and strenghten certain areas and we can have another good season next year.

League Table

Past Positions

Cups - We took Gateshead to a 1st round replay in the FA Cup before losing 5-3. The FA Trophy also ended in round 1.

Squad - I have a very large squad but plenty of the deadwood will be leaving. Hopefully to be replaved with better players who fit my tactics.

Finances - £90k in debt. Need to turn this around.

Key Player Profiles:

Dave Tarpey - Played mainly on the left wing. Decent return from there but faded badly at the end of the season.

Charlie Moone - Top scorer with 39 in 49 games. Hopefully can repeat this next season.

Dan Benett - Star centre back but will be leaving on a free transfer this summer. Cannot get him to stay.

Next Season

The playoffs would be nice next season. Hopefully we can make a real push towards them.

Career Overview

Season          League                      League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16         Vanarama South             6th               

I plebbed and forgot to turn auto save on and lost my file, my only back up is the "day 1" file I always set up incase I fail first season and to try the only youth players challenge. I was basically relegated anyway had to gain 9 points in 8 games on the team in 19th to stay up. Hopefully the lessons learnt will stand me in good stead this time around. Its the same manger stats so I'm not gonna bother adding those images again

Is it just me, or in these LOWER LOWER leagues, when you get the F.A Cup games v the non-league teams, and you're like 30-1 faves to win, you always struggle? It's felt this way in FM since I can remember, and it's annoying my team of players can't beat a team of guys who have majorly 1's as stats xD

FC United – Conference North 2015/16 – Season 1

So here we go again as I return to FC United for the second time after managing them in FM2009 and completing the challenge in 2034.

Going into the season we were predicted to finish a surprisingly high ninth rather than our normal rock bottom prediction with the bookies giving us an outside chance of promotion.

Transfers - Busy season as I went about building up my own squad as normal made up of released players and a couple of loanees.

FA Cup - We exceeded expectations by making it to the First Round, unfortantley Bradford proved too strong for us as we were knocked out, however the game was on TV and that earned us an impressive £70K.

FA Trophy - We suffered a shock exit to non-league Brigg in our only game as I fielded a second string who failed to impress.

Conference North - It was a debut season as we finished in seventh place, however our lack of goals let us down this season we had the fourth best defence but the fifth worst attack as we ended the season with zero goal difference.

We made a good start to the season winning our first two games but then failed to win any of our next seven losing five of them. I eventually found a system that worked a basic Standard Flexible 4-4-2 with more Closing Down, Tight Marking and Slow Passing combined with the arrival of some better players seemed to work as we slowly climbed the table winning 12 of our next 17 games taking us into the new year and an unlikely playoff spot, though this was ended with three straight defeats including an embrassing 5-2 defeat at Brickley, however we bounced back by setting an unbeaten record of 7 games without defeat which was enough to secure our placee in the league for next season, however after we just gave up losing four of our last six games as we missed out on a playoff spot.

Whilst slightly worryingly of the 61 goals we conceeded this season 21 of them came from mistakes :(

Squad and Overview

In Goal was Norwegian Eirik Johansen who'd been released by Man City who was brought in later in the season to replace Mayebi who was having a shocking time, wanted out and kep on skipping training but has somehow earned a move to League 1 Preston?

At Full-Back I used a different system than normal by putting them onto Attack rather than Support Duties which added more of an attacking threat to our side though initial full-backs Theo Streete and Smith Tiesse were solid defensively they offered nothing going forward, thankfully in the second half of the season I managed to snapp up two quality players Scotsman Donald Love was persuaded to join after being released by Man Utd with Louis Rowley another Man Utd trainee arrived via Leicester.

At Centre-Back existing player Luke Waterfall proved to be a solid option and he was paired with Barnsley loanee George Proctor as they formed a fairly solid for the most part partnership. Whilst my Academy produced a solid looking Centre-Back Brad Dames, he doesn't seem to be rated by my staff but he has some quality for this level attributes for a centre-back, well minus his awful Positioning and Decisions, and he should at least be a cheap and useful back up.

On the Right Wing existing player Jason Lampkin started the season strongly which was good because at the start I struggled to find a new winger, though as luck would have it I found two at the same time first arrived Harry Winks who was surprisingly good for a Kidderminster Loanee, followed by Bermundian International Reggie Lambe who was highly rated but I just couldn't get him match fit.

On the Left Wing was Liam Adams on loan from Forest who had a solid season despite his young age.

In the Centre of Midfield playing in the Advanced Playmaker role was former Nuneaton player Adam Walker who had an excellent season, though finding him a partner proved to be a bit of a problem with Botswanian Brandon Wilson who'd been released by Burnley being the best of the bunch in the Deep Lying role.

Upfront we had more problems trying to find a working partnership, my first Partnership involved Lithuanian International Simonas Stankevicius who'd been released by Leicester unfortatnley he struggled and to make matters worse broke his leg in February and will be out for the next seven months :( Partnering him was highly rated Spanish Striker Guillermo Torres Garcia who'd been released by Bolton but after scoring twice on his debut he failed to score in his next eight games and was looking lost until with injuries to other Strikers he reclaimed his place as my Deep-Lying Forward with an impressive eight goals in his last 12 games, in the second half of the season I brought in two more Strikers to hopefully score some goals first in was former Hull Youngster Jonathon Margetts who started to show promise before injury ruled him out for the last two months of the season, following him was Lewis Walters who'd been released by Leeds and looks like he might be the answer to my problems as grabbed close to a goal a game before injury robbed me of him for the last two months of the season aswell he also seems to have a National Reputation already thankfully I've tied him down to a two year contract before he gets too big for us, which lead me to bring in Callum Pritchard-Ellis who'd been released by Crewe and hopefully if I can keep my Strikers fit next season we might actually stand a chance of scoring some goals.

Best XI - It's actually correct for a change, though the midfield roles are wrong.

Fans Player of the Year - The Pie Chart is a nice addition.

Finances - We end the season with a healthy balance having made a profit of £235K this season despite being £1.5K p/w over my wage budget at the end of the season, though the releasing of several squad players at the end of the season should bring that down., though we did spend most of that money on upgrading our facilities.

Profile - Nice climb in my attributes as my Reputation has already increased to Regional, the board also agreed to pay for me to undergo a coaching course, which I assume I failed as later in the season they would let me try again but I don't remember seeing a news item saying I'd failed?

Goals for next season

- Get Promotion, though I will need new signings at DC and LM to replace my loanees as well as some squad depth as most of the players outside my First XI are likely to be released.

Leaderboard points (FM Mode) (My Steam Username is same as here if anyone wants to add me)

Single Game: ???

Single Season: ???

Single Season in England: ???

Single Season Conference North: 13,793 (514!)

Rest of the stats are beaten by a Utd test game I ran :(

Career Overview

[TABLE=class: cms_table_MsoTableLightShadingm, align: center]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]Season[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]League[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]Position[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]Achievements (Domestic)[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]Achievements

(Europe)[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]Leaderboard Points

(Season / Game)

[/TD]

[TD=bgcolor: #007ACC]Euro C/E

(Place)

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]15/16[/TD]

[TD]Conference North[/TD]

[TD]7th[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[TD]13,793 / 13,793[/TD]

[TD]-[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

St Neots Town - 2015/16 - Conference North - 19th

StNeotsTownFC_Logo.png

Conference North

After a week of re-loading my challenge as St Neots was almost over inside a day of playing. We were stuck in the relegation zone for the majority of the season, only pulling clear on the last day of the season when a 4-3 victory was enough to keep us up. We needed other results to go our way but it all worked out in our favor.

We have a much improved squad from the start of the season so I hope that next season will be more successful. I am aiming towards the top end of the table and perhaps even promotion.

The Team

GK Dejan Illev

RB Illias Polimos

CB Stephane Zubar

CB Liam Kinsella

LB Cieron Keane

BWM Scott Davies

DLP Adam Reed

RW Cory Galvin

TQ Navid Nasseri

LW Ian Morris

AF Bradley Reid

Stourbridge_FC_Crest.png

Stourbridge - Vanarama Conference - 2020/21 - Third

Super crazy season. We started off poorly like last season, but I picked up my new Striker McCarthy and once he had a few games under his belt, he changed how the whole team worked together. We really hit our straps towards the end of the season and actually went on a ten game winning spree.

The playoffs were maddeningly frustrating after a away leg draw against Cambridge we picked it up in the home leg.

Barrow dominated us in the final, but we put the ball in the net and were resolute in defence. Finally out of football obscurity!

League Table

Games

Finances - Going really well. I didn't use a lot of the wage budget, so we stayed at around +100k all season. We have taken a small loan to increase the seating in the stadium.

FA Cup - We did really well beating two League 1 teams in a row even if they were both struggling in their league. It did take us to replays for both games though.

We got to face a Premier League team when we travelled to Wales to face Swansea and I thought we did pretty well in our 0-4 loss.

FA Trophy - Annoying after last season's greatness, but not having to play so many games was a good help.

Squad - I didn't make too many changes, but signed a few midfielders as ours keep dropping like flies to injury. McCarthy obviously a huge pickup.

Key Player Profiles

Andrew Richardson - Fantastic back who has revived our defence

Player of the Season

Chris McCarthy - Amazing player who scored for fun this season. Just signed a new pro deal and will hopefully do well League 2.

Youth Players

nil

Career Overview

Season       Team                       Country                  League                 League Finish             Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2016/17       Stourbridge               England            Vanarama Conference North         5th                  Playoff Final Loss
2017/18       Stourbridge               England            Vanarama Conference North         2nd                  Playoff Final Loss/FAT Loss
2018/19       Stourbridge               England            Vanarama Conference North         1st                  Champions
2019/20       Stourbridge               England            Vanarama Conference               20th                 Survival/FA Trophy Win
2020/21       Stourbridge               England            Vanarama Conference               3rd                  Playoff Promotion

Next Season

Survival

Build a good professional squad

Club upgrades

Earn some cash

Facility News

1500 Seat Terrace Conversion

Major Competition Winners

Vanarama Conference - Wycombe, Stourbridge

FA Cup - Newcastle

FA Trophy - Cambridge

English Premier League - Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea, Hull, Tottenham, Newcastle, Leicester

Championship - Everton, Nottm Forest, Huddersfield

Champions League - Barcelona

Euro - Fulham

Hyundai A-League - Melb City/Wanderers

FFA Cup - Wanderers

Bury Town

Season Summary 16/17

Conference South

Final Position 1st

76d012db541b579c244c6fbeac165605.png

Longer update in a couple of days but basically year 1 we stayed safe all year quite easily but never threatened higher and year 2 we almost broke the points and goals records but still were pushed all the way to the last couple games

Season         League                  Position   FA cup        FA Trophy   Lge cup     Europe      Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2015/16        Conference North        16th      3rd Rd       1st Rd         N/A          N/A         None
2016/17        Conference South        1st       4th Qf Rd    3rd Qf Rd      N/A          N/A        Champions, promoted!

So, for the first time in FM15, I've been sacked!

We were clear of relegation on the conference premier, however apparently I failed to control the dressing room :(.

One question - if I holiday until the end of the season, do I add a brand new manager, or just apply for a job (if a promoted team doesn't have a manager?)

gods, promoted in my second season, and being ripped appart, 28 matches played, 19 lost and 9 point to 20. absolutly no idea how to turn it around

Same here. I'm limping through the least enjoyable season I've ever had on any version of FM. We're going to stay up, but we're awful. The corner "bug" is killing me too. I know it's not a bug, but we've conceded 15 goals in 30 games from corners, even having implemented the suggestions around the forums.

It's also extremely difficult to get quality players in. Even players that'd be an acceptable standard for the conference are difficult to come by.

Archived