dafuge's FM15 challenge

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Haha Hereford are so OP. You are being paid 50k/season. Thats more than my team pays the squad :)

My first ever challenge, didn't know they were that strong. Even media predicts them a 4th place finish. I'll give it a try to see how it goes.

Canvey Island - Vanarama Conference Premier - 2017/18

Last season we stormed to the Conference South title, could we do it again?

League Table - I was glad to see the season end, we were fading badly and were looking likely to get relegated. If the season was a few games longer, we'd have gone down.

FA Trophy - we made it to a cup final, but lost out to league leaders Notts County.

FA Cup - it was nice to make the first round, but we came close to going one further.

Transfers - just a few signings as we were restricted by the finances.

Squad - we have a handful of good players, but the squad is far too thin to compete.

Finances - the cup final helped, but we are still losing money badly.

Key Player Profiles:

Aiden O'Brien - a decent goal tally for a struggling side.

Christian Doidge - the supporting striker also scored quite a lot.

Alexandru Petresc - interestingly, he's retired from football above this league.

Josh Ruffels - a brilliant new signing.

Glen Stykes - another impressive new signing.

Career Overview

Season    League                       Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16   Vanarama Conference South    9th       
2016/17   Vanarama Conference South    1st         Promoted as champions
2017/18   Vanarama Conference Premier  20th        FA Trophy finalists

Next Season

Avoiding relegation has to be the target again for next season, a few new signings should help with that.

Rushall Olympic - Vanarama Conference North - 2015/16

Competitions

Squad

Transfers

Fell away quite badly after an amazing first half to the season. Ended up within 3 points of the play-offs on the final day. Massively above expectation but the greed in me cant help but think we should have made those play-offs.

Next season I expect much of the same, Ive managed to retain most of my better players this time but my GK is determined to leave. The squad massively over-achieved last season so I expect to be around mid table again. I stupidly set my player knowledge to 1 and now I can't see any stats on players so recruiting is a very very tough job.

Skelmersdale United Season 16/17

Vanarama Conference North

A great season where sticking to formation paid off (Thanks SI Games, for not resetting tactics every year) Also, getting a few loanees paid off in the defense department, keeping opponents some distance from the lacklustre keeper. Had quite a few

new players coming and even more leaving the squad, but am content with the current squad and hoping for some great new signings from the Trialist Squads, come next season.

The Cup runs were above average. Was lucky in the FA Cup getting 3 non league teams and first loosing in the 1st round to L1 Rochdale in a spirited 3-4 loss. The FAT was a 4th round exit to one of last seasons promoted teams Guiseley.

Nené was our top player this season. The Man Utd loanee scored scored 24 goals and had 18 assists in 36 games.

From Skelmersdale own:

Josh Rimmer was amazing as AML with 24 goals and 16 assists in 42 games.

Kenny Strickland was pulling the string as DR and is also our captain.

Board was generous and placing money in the bank a few times during the season 30k here and there kept us in the black. They also planned a 1000 expansion with the promotion. Still they won't let me take a coaching course, they keep saying funds are not available? :confused:

Year	League	Pos.	Champ.L	Uefa	FA.Cup	Cap.One	JPT	FAT 	Achievement
15/16	Van N	11th	None	None	3d.Qual	None	None	3rd Rnd	None
16/17	Van N	1st	None	None	1st Rnd	None	None	4th Rnd	Promoted!

Canvey Island - Vanarama Conference Premier - 2017/18Last season we stormed to the Conference South title, could we do it again?League Table - I was glad to see the season end, we were fading badly and were looking likely to get relegated. If the season was a few games longer, we'd have gone down. FA Trophy - we made it to a cup final, but lost out to league leaders Notts County.FA Cup - it was nice to make the first round, but we came close to going one further.Transfers - just a few signings as we were restricted by the finances.Squad - we have a handful of good players, but the squad is far too thin to compete.Finances - the cup final helped, but we are still losing money badly.Key Player Profiles: Aiden O'Brien - a decent goal tally for a struggling side.Christian Doidge - the supporting striker also scored quite a lot.Alexandru Petresc - interestingly, he's retired from football above this league. Josh Ruffels - a brilliant new signing. Glen Stykes - another impressive new signing.Career Overview
Season    League                       Position    Achievements-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------2015/16   Vanarama Conference South    9th       2016/17   Vanarama Conference South    1st         Promoted as champions2017/18   Vanarama Conference Premier  20th        FA Trophy finalists

Next SeasonAvoiding relegation has to be the target again for next season, a few new signings should help with that.

Those goals for and against for all teams is crazy. Hoping for another beta patch soon

Between the goalscoring in lower league and the fact that whenever I try to play a journeyman/challenge save it keeps switching my manager stats to old profiles, I'll probably wait until the full release.

I'd recommend Blyth Spartans, though, since the North East gives you a pretty small talent pool to pick from. I only had like 125 players show up on my scouting screen.

Between the goalscoring in lower league and the fact that whenever I try to play a journeyman/challenge save it keeps switching my manager stats to old profiles, I'll probably wait until the full release.I'd recommend Blyth Spartans, though, since the North East gives you a pretty small talent pool to pick from.
When you go to add your manager, delete your old profiles and problem will be solved

XaW - Cambridge City - Vanarama Conference North - 2015/16

My first season on FM15 are complete. I do have noticed the horrible defending as evident by our 119 conceded goals. We did however score 101 goals, so it wasn't that bad. Still, when you have matches like this, this and this, it's no wonder I feel our defensive players are too bad. I couldn't get in the defenders I wanted, nor the keepers I wanted and while it's acknowledged that some tweaks are needed I still think some better defenders would help us a lot next season. Overall I'm happy with the season, but I hope we can do better next year.

In the FA Cup we got past Ashton United and St. Neots before losing to Wrexham in the 4th qualifying round. In the FA Trophy we beat Stalybridge before losing to Alfreton in the North 1st round.

The highlights of the players this season have been our own youngster Terry Reed who scored 23 goals this season before injuring himself, Josh Dawkin have been great on the wing and scored a lot and our other striker Danny Kelly.

Financially we are losing money like no tomorrow. Hopefully we can get a cup run next season and get some money from it.

Season	|     League	      |     Position	|    Europe	|    Top scorer   	|    Achievments
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16	|  Conference North   |	     13th	|      N/A	|  Danny Kelly (25)	|   Mid-table

ClubCrest_zps6176e8c7.jpg

2015/2016

1st in Vanarama Conference South (pred: 22nd) | Transfers | Finances | Graph | Player Stats (1, 2)

The League

We started off strong, and never really fell out of contention from there. Our early form was exceptional - 6 straight wins and 8 wins out of our first 9 games meant that, though there were some wobbles in form, we never fell out of the top three. A three loss streak heading into the final 9 games looked like it might cost us, but we pulled it back and finished the season strong, winning serven of those nine games to finish comfortably top. In those nine games, we played all four of the play-off teams, which helped make the final table a little less close.

The Cups (FA Cup | FA Trophy)

Two decent cup runs helped our finances. Although we weren't involved in the business end of any cups, we did out perform expectations. Although Basingstoke took us all the way to penalties in the FA Cup 2nd Qualifying Round, two relatively easy ties against lower level opposition put us into a First Round tie with League 2 Newport County. It was here we had perhaps our finest moment of the season, taking them to a replay and winning 2-1 at home in front of the TV cameras, securing both another match and a lucrative windfall for the club. Though we fell in the next round to Dagenham and Redbridge, we'd done ourselves proud.

The FA Trophy was less impressive, but we still went through a couple of teams at the same level as us before we came up against Wrexham, who beat us 2-1 after a period of 17 days without a game because of postponements in a game that wasn't anywhere near as close as the scoreline suggests.

The Players

Highest Average Rating (Min. 10 starts): Tommy Whitnell, 7.25

Top Scorer: Tarum Dawkins and Tommy Whitnell, 22

Most Assists: Andrew Musungu, 16

Worst Discipline: Jordan Berry, 11 yellow cards

Ever-Present: Ben King, Clark Masters

The Finances

We're currently in an okay financial position, though our finances are far from secure and we've had to invest in stadium improvements that resulted in taking out a loan to cover the work. How well we do next season will be important.

The Future

Ideally, we'd aim to stay up and get some money spinning cup ties in order to fund further advancement.

[b][u][color="black"]CLUB HISTORY[/color][/u][/b]

[b]SEASON	LEAGUE	POS.	Notes[/b]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[b]15/16[/b]	VCS	[url=http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee69/DizzyIzzyB13/Tonbridge%20Angels/2015-2016/VanaramaConferenceSouth_zps810f278b.png]1st[/url]	Champions, Promoted

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[b][u][color="black"]TROPHY CABINET[/color][/u][/b]

Vanarama Conference South

Winners - [url=http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee69/DizzyIzzyB13/Tonbridge%20Angels/2015-2016/VanaramaConferenceSouth_zps810f278b.png]2015/16[/url]

Isabella Bianchi (Profile)

[b][u][color=purple]MANAGER AWARDS[/color][/u][/b]

Vanarama Conference South Manager of the Year - [url=http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee69/DizzyIzzyB13/Tonbridge%20Angels/2015-2016/ManageroftheYear_zps7cce6013.png]2015/16[/url]

Vanarama Conference South Manager of the Month - [url=http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee69/DizzyIzzyB13/Tonbridge%20Angels/2015-2016/ManageroftheMonthAugust2015_zpsa90c3461.png]August 2015[/url]

Great season there, DizzyIzzyB13. How do you manage to concede so few(at least compared to my 119) goals? I found defenders do a lot of errors and that causes us to have those crazy games, but you seem to have it figured out.

Great season there, DizzyIzzyB13. How do you manage to concede so few(at least compared to my 119) goals? I found defenders do a lot of errors and that causes us to have those crazy games, but you seem to have it figured out.

I wouldn't mind knowing, i haven't managed a single clean sheet so far and i'm a few games into the 2nd season.

Rushall Olympic - Vanarama Conference North - 2015/16

Well that was one fantastic season. Battling bravely against the inevitable relegation if you listen to our board, fans and managers of the other VCN clubs. Well we started in absolute dreamland, 11-2-0 we were 6 points clear of Hereford but I was more relieved about the jump we got on the relegation fight rather than a realistic title challenge. We fell away just after that but teams failing to win on the final day when we lost to Hereford meant that we held onto our play-off spot by the skin of our teeth. - League Table

We were beaten home and away by AFC Flyde, it was expected really since they finished some 12 points higher than us. I was hoping they went on to get promotion, getting them and Hereford out of the way would have been nice, but Barrow won the play-off final.

The FA Cup started with an away tie at Harrogate, our speedy LB/LW that I'm turning into a ST got the only goal of the game in the first half. That took us away again, this time to Marine, a lower league club than us but they put up one hell of a fight. We scored a late equaliser at their place and managed to hold onto a 2-0 early lead after being reduced to 10 men and then bringing it back to 2-1. We got another favourable draw in the final qualifying round, Barton Rovers at home, again though we made hard work of it, we won 3-2 and into the first round proper!

We drew Carlisle away, I was gutted to be honest, I was hoping for a bigger club, or a favourable draw with a chance of progression, this felt like neither of those, I thought we'd get beat away to a team 2 divisions higher and our league form had just started to deteriorate with back to back losses after a fine start. Anyway, this happened. Next we drew FC Halifax at home, I quite fancied it, they were 1 league above us but we've shown already on any given day we can put it on anybody within reason. We ran out comfortable 2-0 victors and into the 3rd round of the FA Cup!

I dont think I've ever been so nervous for a cup draw in 20 years of playing this game. West Ham at home, they are in the Championship so any chances of TV money are probably gone. I didn't fancy this tie at all, I don't see us having anywhere near the ability to cope with what is essentially a premier league squad. We had lost 7 of our last 11 in the league and the wheels had well and truly come off our blistering start. When it got to HT at 0-0 and then getting past 60 and 70 minutes my feet were twitching, the prospect of a return leg at Upton Park, The Boleyn Ground, Olympic Stadium, The "We Won The World Cup In '66" Stadium or wherever else it is West Ham play these days was more than a bit appealing to me, I was pausing the game every few minutes to see if there was anyone getting tired or playing poorly, then BANG, 1-0 us. The last few minutes were a nightmare, we got a red card, we got penned right into our own box and the GK had to make a couple of good saves, but we did it, we have beaten West Ham United and are into the FA Cup 4th round!!!

Arsenal at home, the fans must have been in ecstasy, I was slightly disappointed we didn't get a lucrative away day and was wondering if like in real life I would get the chance to ask for the game to be played away instead, that option didn't come but I think it would be a great feature for future games. Anyway, before the game it was announced it would be shown on TV and we collected £140,000 for the TV money, YESSSS!!!!!!!! Onto the actual game... It was good and bad to see Arsene Wenger field what looks like his strongest team, gulp! We started off sloppily and Remy Cabella gave them an early lead and by 16 minutes we were 2-0 down when Alexis Sanchez added a second, I was fearing the worst at this point, 8-9-10? But we got a goal back just after the half hour, but the hope was quickly taken away from us when Lucas Silva scored just before HT. We showed great character 2nd half, we didn't crumble a we set up a grandstand finish when we pulled it back to 3-2 on 85 minutes, but Arsenal held on(I'll say that again, ARSENAL HELD ON) for the win to end what has been an amazing journey!

My top scorer also broke the division record, he got 33 league goals.

My top assister got 21 goals and 21 assists playing as a target man support for 2 advanced pacy forwards.

I can't get screen shots because it was a late night when the season ended and Ive skipped onto the new season before taking the screen shots.

Onto next season and the wage bill has almost doubled and I've been given a modest £15k transfer budget, all courtesy of that cup run because in previous Rushall saves even into the 3rd and 4th season the budget doesnt budge.

Ive bought in a lot of promising young players in the summer and I'm slightly worried that if they don't progress then my squad has actually gone backwards in terms of ability. Although now I'm basing my decisions more on attributes, player ratings and statistics rather than scout/coach advice. So we are in unknown territory really.

To be honest, I'm not entirely sure. I play a formation the game refers to as 4-1-4-1 DM Wide. It's basically a 4-5-1/4-3-3 hybrid formation, set up with a counter attacking philosophy and a highly structured mentality. Team instructions are set up to disrupt their wide players and try to force them to play through the middle - closing down, tight marking and force to weaker foot on WB/M/AM wide players. Depending on how far away from goal they are, they'll have to deal with at the bare minimum my fullbacks (Fullbacks, automatic) but also potentially my wingers (AM, winger support) and MCs. The MCs are both set up as box-to-box midfielders, which means when defending they cover the edge of the box and, if the attack is going down the flank, one of them will drift towards the side to provide support. My DM has the anchorman role, basically acting as a third center-back whilst taking responsibility for distribution away from the center-backs. The two DCs are set to Limited Defenders with cover and stopper duties. Basically, shutting down wide play and forcing them to run the gauntlet through my many people taking up space in the center of the pitch. Plus, packing the middle in that manner tends to have the advantage of reducing the number of rebound shots the opponent scores, which is apparently an issue in this version of the game, either through having enough people in the box that the ball bounces to them or enough people that the opposition can blast their shot at a poor unfortunate defender instead of the back of the net. :p

Ilkeston_FC_logo.png

2015/16

Table | Transfers | Squad

Started the season well by outscoring the opposition and by nov was hovering around the playoffs. Unfortunately the defence went into meltdown and started conceeding about 5 goals a game, only a brief flurry of wins in March made sure the team avoided relegation. The season was summed up on the last day of the season when 4-3 up to Chorley with 20 mins to go they lost 7-4! The team kept no clean sheets in the league and set a league record for goals conceeded.

In the cups the team lost in the 3rd Q rd of the FA cup and the 1st Rd of the FA Trophy. Finances were very steady with the club making a small profit of 30K to keep it in the black.

The best player in Morgan left as soon as i arrived which was a blow and the midfield is weak as a result, the defence is rated quite good on paper. Cleared out a lot of the deadwood but couldn't seem to find the right players to bring in.

The best players were all up front with Diggins and Richards the standout players.

Season             League              Position               Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2015/16         Conference North        15th                   None

To be honest, I'm not entirely sure. I play a formation the game refers to as 4-1-4-1 DM Wide. It's basically a 4-5-1/4-3-3 hybrid formation, set up with a counter attacking philosophy and a highly structured mentality. Team instructions are set up to disrupt their wide players and try to force them to play through the middle - closing down, tight marking and force to weaker foot on WB/M/AM wide players. Depending on how far away from goal they are, they'll have to deal with at the bare minimum my fullbacks (Fullbacks, automatic) but also potentially my wingers (AM, winger support) and MCs. The MCs are both set up as box-to-box midfielders, which means when defending they cover the edge of the box and, if the attack is going down the flank, one of them will drift towards the side to provide support. My DM has the anchorman role, basically acting as a third center-back whilst taking responsibility for distribution away from the center-backs. The two DCs are set to Limited Defenders with cover and stopper duties. Basically, shutting down wide play and forcing them to run the gauntlet through my many people taking up space in the center of the pitch. Plus, packing the middle in that manner tends to have the advantage of reducing the number of rebound shots the opponent scores, which is apparently an issue in this version of the game, either through having enough people in the box that the ball bounces to them or enough people that the opposition can blast their shot at a poor unfortunate defender instead of the back of the net. :p

Great! Thanks, I'll see if I can make my tactic better with this advise. Hopefully I'll concede less than 119 goals this season! :)

Edit: Just played our first match with the new tactic. While a draw away against Stockport isn't bad, I had hoped something else than 5-5 when I try to keep a clean sheet! :p Still it's only the first match and as long as we get the result I'm quite happy.

Edit2: Second match, a 1-0 win. Nullified the opponent completely. :)

I may just start as Hereford :D

I can't seem to find a keeper that can save a shot - pretty much every shot on target against me goes in, then add in the fact we concede in batches (once 1 goal goes in I'm pretty confident we'll concede again within 3 mins) and an inability ti defend corners/crosses and it adds up to losing far too often :D

Interesting to see what repuation can do in this game - in real life Hereford are in a world of hurt and should theoretically be one of the hardest teams.

Yeh they are a bigger team who used to have a budget though. They still have part of it which makes them easyt

vPuBlrT.jpg

Decided to give up on Hendon after finishing bottom of the league and restarted with Cambridge City.

Significant transfers:

Mamadou Gomes

David Knight

Most of the team through the season were those already at the club. Because of club rep I failed to attract any significant loanees aside from a back up defender who only played a few times.

Final Squad

Play offs were disappointing. After a decent 2-0 win in the first leg, we totally capitulated away from home with a 5-0 loss. :( We even had most of the shots with 16 to 11 but just couldn't put any chances away. Hopefully the decent league position may increase rep and we can get a few decent players in over the summer.

Season	|     League	      |   Position	|  Europe	|    Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16	|  Conference North   |	     4th	|      N/A      |   Lost in play off semi-final

Canvey Island - Vanarama Conference Premier - 2018/19

Last season we just about survived, this season was going to be another struggle.

League Table - after a shaky start, we improved to finish in a comfortable mid table position.

FA Trophy - like last season, we made it to Wembley but came up short again in the final.

FA Cup - once again we were beaten in the first round by League 2 opposition.

Transfers - the Brady transfer changed our season, financing loads of new signings.

Squad - the squad is constantly improving.

Finances - the Brady transfer and the cup final hide our financial worries.

Key Player Profiles:

Fejiri Okenabirhie - the new striker was our top scorer.

Alex Henshall - a great contribution from the winger.

Chris Long - will probably be our main striker next season.

Miro Muheim - a brilliant midfielder.

Jordan Brown - was our main striker for a while.

Career Overview

Season    League                       Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16   Vanarama Conference South    9th       
2016/17   Vanarama Conference South    1st         Promoted as champions
2017/18   Vanarama Conference Premier  20th        FA Trophy finalists
2018/19   Vanarama Conference Premier  13th        FA Trophy finalists

Next Season

With the squad we currently have, we might have a chance of making it into the playoffs.

Good solid season there Dafuge, looks like its the GK and defence which needs strengthening. Do you play Muheim at AMC, he has great physical attributes.

I badly need a new GK, that's probably my weakest position. Sadly my budget has been cut, so I might not be ale to sign anyone at all.

Muheim is played as an AMC, he's great in that role.

I badly need a new GK, that's probably my weakest position. Sadly my budget has been cut, so I might not be ale to sign anyone at all.

Muheim is played as an AMC, he's great in that role.

By the way what did Brady look like to get that much for him?

Archived