dafuge's FM15 challenge

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BadgeDulwich_Hamlet.png

Dulwich Hamlet - Vanarama South - 2015/16

We did alot better than I expected in our first season. We managed to make it into the playoffs but got completely destroyed in the playoff semi finals 11-2 to Sutton United who ended up getting promoted. We scored plenty of goals but were also shipping in plenty of goals at the other end. Hopefully we can shore up the defence next season.

League Table

Past Positions

Cups - Early exits in both competitions. Not to worried.

Squad - Got some good players in this squad and a couple of youngsters with big potential. Hopefully I can improve the side over the summer and push for the playoffs again next season.

Finances - Meh.

Key Player Profiles:

Adam Sutton - Youngster was brought in mid way through the season. Scored 12 goals and got 8 assists in 15 matches. Will hope for more next season.

Josh Shama - I need to keep this guy fit. 10 assists in 13 games playing in the attacking midfield role. Shame he gets injured all the time.

Anthony McNamee - 19 goals and 9 assists from the left wing position is a great return.

Marcel Henry-Francis - 23 goals in 34. Goals dried up in the 2nd half of the season and then Sutton kept him out of the side.

Next Season

The plan next season is to reach the playoffs again. Hopefully we can improve the side over the summer and reach this goal. Hopefully a cup run would be nice as well.

Career Overview

Season          League                      League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16         Vanarama South             5th               Lost in playoff semi-final   

Hypanimz - good first season, hard luck in the playoffs.

gorrit - welcome to the challenge and the forums

I think looking at people who have finished the first season, my team has work to do. In 25 league games so far i have no clean sheets and have conceeded 67 goals :eek:.

i couldn't get the hang of setting up the defence in FM14 either. I'm still looking up at the playoffs since the team have scored 70 so far.

Hyp - Decent first season pal.

Thebaker - I conceded 114 in season one pal.

with 71 after 26 and the team in decline, my team could be close to that mark. My defenders and goalie are all rated good (3.5-4 stars current) for the league but i can't work out how to cut down on the goals. A poor central midfield isn't helping i think.

with 71 after 26 and the team in decline, my team could be close to that mark. My defenders and goalie are all rated good (3.5-4 stars current) for the league but i can't work out how to cut down on the goals. A poor central midfield isn't helping i think.

The race is on pal. I am playing 3-5-2 with wing backs so I think width was against me.

Just found a weird bug with this, as you can see I selected no coaching badges originally but I just went to try and go on a coaching course and I now have a continental pro badge despite never changing manager... that's really bloody annoying because I'm in mid January now. Does everyone reckon I should just resign and take over again as an unqualified coach or start again since there's a chance I've been playing for a few months with the pro badge?

Whilst you're here dafuge - what's your opinion on this?

Whilst you're here dafuge - what's your opinion on this?

That sucks, but I guess that is one of the problems with starting a long term save on the beta.

Up to you really, depends on how attached to your current save you are. The problem with adding a new manager or starting again is there's a chance the bug will repeat.

That sucks, but I guess that is one of the problems with starting a long term save on the beta.

Up to you really, depends on how attached to your current save you are. The problem with adding a new manager or starting again is there's a chance the bug will repeat.

I have reported it, but I have continued playing. I might just start again when the beta is done.

Conceding defeat with this King's Lynn save. Amazingly, I have two parallel saves with King's Lynn. Thursday/Friday I ran one King's Lynn save from my batch of English-only 19K database, and the team couldn't lose (18 points from 8 matches, with no losses, sitting 2nd on table).

As it was going so easily, I holidayed another batch of saves w/ national rep continental players (60K-ish players). King's Lynn came up in first save. Picked them up figuring I'd have a decent game. Practically same team (maybe 3 different players between the two teams). Same tactics. Today's run, 3 points from 9 matches. In last 5 matches I scored a total of 2 goals.

WTF?????:confused:

Going to think about this again!

Think I'm trying the same save from scratch---still have the original seed file. I have the early King's Lynn where I'm sitting 2nd after 8 matches too....but with fewer players.... But not going to give up quite that easily. Restarting today's run and seeing if I can do any better. I know I made one staff mistake (no coach with any fitness rating of note)...so I'll definitely do better in the staff department at least.

Okay...the King's Lynn Manager is back. I'll try to avoid the simple mistakes I made early in the last attempt (no coach w/ fitness being the biggest).

Already see a couple changes....one player I couldn't keep in the first go around I managed to hold on to...while one that I had kept wanted £450/week and I kicked him to the curb.

We'll have to see if the changes make a difference!

Once again, preseason is over. New starting squad and the attendant starting formation.

I managed again to pick up 16yo Jaime Penny who will see plenty of playtime early on.

Other preseason transfers...fairly similar to my first run at this.

Preseason is now over, and AFC Telford awaits!

Canvey Island - Vanarama Conference South - 2015/16

In my first season at the club, my aim was to put a squad together that was capable of avoiding relegation.

League Table - I'm happy with that. We did make it into the playoff spots, but injuries and loss of form dropped us back down to midtable.

FA Trophy - our defeat came at the hands of higher league opposition, turns out we will play them next season.

FA Cup - we were thrashed by another Conference Premier side.

Transfers - a lot of free transfers.

Squad - plenty of room for improvement, especially in the attacking department.

Finances - I went over my wage budget a bit, but this loss was huge.

Key Player Profiles:

Jason Williams - top scorer, just.

Ben May - he was on fire until a major injury.

Ross Ibertson - had a decent season.

Joe Carter - probably our best player.

Daniel Day - our second best player, just a shame he's also a left back.

Career Overview

Season    League                     Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16   Vanarama Conference South  9th       

Next Season

A top half finish was superb, so our aim for next season is to make it into the playoffs.

Good stuff from all those who have completed the first season.

Hypanimz - good season, hard luck in the playoffs. Sutton Utd were a tough team for me too. Ricky Miller was banging in the goals for them. He finished with 31 in 26 starts. This year he has 4 in 24 appearances.

Damn these reloads are dull. Still no Chippenham!

I have uploaded a ton of saves to my earlier post however, so at least it is good for something!

Might have to give up and bite the bullet on a different team at some point soon!

Hmm, I've just come across a problem. My Manager attributes have been reset to a saved version of my Manager (from an Arsenal Save). Meaning that instead of mostly 1's and 2's, they're more like 16's + :(

Restart of Challenge or carry on Dafuge?

Read the thread a few times but never participated. After a few hours reloading my choice is.

Curzon Ashton F.C.

Curzon_Ashton_Khai.png

The attributes confuse me, I've gone the lowest and I've already got a few 2s and 3s? Was there something I was missing? Be a bit gutted considering I've spent all day putting together my side :D.

Read the thread a few times but never participated. After a few hours reloading my choice is.

Curzon Ashton F.C.

Curzon_Ashton_Khai.png

The attributes confuse me, I've gone the lowest and I've already got a few 2s and 3s? Was there something I was missing? Be a bit gutted considering I've spent all day putting together my side :D.

Mine jumped up to a previous games stats (16's - 20's) but I'm guessing they'll reset when I load the game again as they seem to jump around.

Good luck with the challenge :), it's addictive, frustrating & glorious lol

Insane amount of goals scored by every team there. Is that a known bug?

Yep...known bug primarily attributed to the goalkeepers needing tuning (though other areas of the ME will be fixed in the release patch)

Curzon Ashton F.C.

Curzon_Ashton_Khai.png

Don't suppose you've got the save? Been reloading for hours, and still haven't managed to get Curzon.

After some loading and reloading I've settled with Workington.

Let's do this:cool:

Okay, so after playing 15 or so games we were averaging around 6.6 goals a game and seen some crazy results, including a 7-1 defeat and an 8-8 draw.

For the sense of semi realism, I'm going to abandon my progress until the patch is released.

Going to give this a go again for FM15 enjoyed the last one i had on 14,although the only thing that concerns me at the minute is the high scoring bug.Should i wait until this is fixed or just go for it?

Cheers lads.

Hmm, I've just come across a problem. My Manager attributes have been reset to a saved version of my Manager (from an Arsenal Save). Meaning that instead of mostly 1's and 2's, they're more like 16's + :(

Restart of Challenge or carry on Dafuge?

I wonder if that is what is causing this issue for some people and not others? I didn't have any other manager profiles, and I've not experienced it yet.

Up to you about starting again, but it might be an idea to carry on until it is fixed then make a decision.

I wonder if that is what is causing this issue for some people and not others? I didn't have any other manager profiles, and I've not experienced it yet.

Up to you about starting again, but it might be an idea to carry on until it is fixed then make a decision.

I think it's to do with manager profiles. I set one up with pro licence to test it out when I first downloaded beta and that's what the bug has given me, others have reported the same.

Skelmersdale

2015/16

Vanarama Conference North

Position 11th

Not too much to say about this season, except the obvious goalscoring/conseding. Finished 11th, which overall was pleasing itself, when looking at the players at my disposal.

Chairman had tried 3 times during the season to sell the club. On the 4th try, he succeeded and we got a new cheap chairman. He did however, take out a minor loan to clear the debt I created during the season :D Before selling the club, the chairman decided to put in 700 seats and leave the club hanging with a loan for that.

The cups were mediocre as well, exiting in the FA Cup to league winners Lincoln in the 3d qual. FAT was a 3d round exit.

Danny Mitchley is the only worthwhile player to mention, being our top striker.

The Squad will be interesting for next year, as most of the players contracts run out, and only a few have been offered a new contract.

Think for the first time, I will venture onto player loans next season, to see if I can make a little profit and hopefully get myself a "coaching license" since more staff isn't on the table so far.

Year	League	Pos.	Champ.L	Uefa	FA.Cup	Cap.One	JPT	FAT 	Achievement
15/16	Van N	11th	None	None	3d.Qual	None	None	3d Rnd	None

Archived