dafuge's FM15 challenge

If my coaches can send themselves on courses and pay for it themselves, why can't I?

Am I missing something here?

Seen this mentioned in a few places - some reason it looks like it has to be a club choice to send you on a course rather then out of your own money.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Hendon game got off to a decent start but have slipped down the table. Defence is a shambles with these high scoring games and I have to rely on banging in at least 2 or 3 goals a game just to be a chance of a win or draw. Think I will wait until full release and start again. Will probably spend that time reloading for rarer teams.

I did playing this challenge on FM07 with Staines :mad:

to be fair, it was before you had established yourself with the club... I think you had only been there for like 20+ years and had the stadium named after you.... ah good old FM07

to be fair, it was before you had established yourself with the club... I think you had only been there for like 20+ years and had the stadium named after you.... ah good old FM07

Weirdly enough, the only thing I can remember from that game was that I had just signed an awesome Chilean defender.

Thankfully SI improved that aspect of the game.

Mooping's Dulwich Hamlet 2016/17

Season in review:

Finished in a comfortable 16th place never threatening the relegation spots. During the season I felt a bit disappointed as I was expected a top half finish, especially after picking up 13 points from the first 6 games, but our playoff push quickly unraveled after that. I think the early form gave me some false hope which is why I ended up feeling disappointed, but looking back 16th was a good effort for the squad I had.

Loanee Zane Banton finished as top scorer with 27 in all competitions and also had highest average rating. Free singing Affy Obafemi was also a key contributor with 25 goals and 12 assists.

Squad

League Table - Bitten by the goals bug as we set Vanarama Conference records for both goals scored and conceded at 117 and 135 respectively.

Transfers - Lots of freebies again as still no money to spend

Finances - Still in the red but at least we made profit on the season

Career Overview

Season    League                     Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16   Vanarama Conference South  1st         [b]Champions[/b]
2016/17   Vanarama Conference        16th

Next Season:

A top half finish would be nice and if all goes well perhaps a playoff push. Targeting upgrades at almost all positions except MC and GK. A cup run would to boost the finances would be great too.

Weirdly enough, the only thing I can remember from that game was that I had just signed an awesome Chilean defender.

Thankfully SI improved that aspect of the game.

There was someone in GD at the weekend who claimed I happened to him first season even though he was doing well. However, since any cub that Dafuge is managing can count on a least 20 or so titles, I'd suggest the board made a good decision.

Canvey Island - Vanarama Conference South - 2016/17

In my first season we finished in a respectable 9th place, this season we were hoping to get closer to the playoffs.

League Table - I didn't see this coming!

FA Trophy - a great run ended with a battering at Luton in the semi final.

FA Cup - H&W were top of the league at the time, so this was a tough draw.

Transfers - some great free transfers.

Squad - the squad is always improving, hopefully I'll be able to add to it for next season.

Finances - despite the loan, we are in debt again.

Key Player Profiles:

Wayne Pett - the youth product led the line for most of the season, top scoring.

Marlon Agyakwa - an amazing contribution from the winger.

Alexandru Petresc - brilliant for this level.

Christian Doidge - signed near the end of the season, one to watch for next season.

Glen Kamara - another late signing who should make an impact next season.

Career Overview

Season    League                     Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16   Vanarama Conference South  9th       
2016/17   Vanarama Conference South  1st         Promoted as champions     

Next Season

Promotion leads us into the unknown, so I'd be happy just to avoid relegation.

I wonder if that is what is causing this issue for some people and not others? I didn't have any other manager profiles, and I've not experienced it yet.Up to you about starting again, but it might be an idea to carry on until it is fixed then make a decision.
If I carry on I'm likely to get too attached lol. I'll see how it goes. Sometimes it switches back upon loading the game. Fingers crossed for a second Beta patch.

Sorry for sounding like a broken record, but has anyone managed to get a Curzon Ashton save yet?

Ive had them show up twice so far on my reloading. Was just about to upload a save file and realised I only had up to League 2 loaded :(

I feel like such a fool now. Wasted the afternoon

What are the rules on setting my assistant to play the games with my team selection and tactics but holidaying for match day(in effect simulating the game rather than playing it out)?

Im finding the games rather annoying to watch. Go 3-0 up and you end up drawing 4-4 etc, so many goals, just irritating me. Also a lot of the goals are so unrealistic, 40 yard screamers etc.

What are the rules on setting my assistant to play the games with my team selection and tactics but holidaying for match day(in effect simulating the game rather than playing it out)?

Im finding the games rather annoying to watch. Go 3-0 up and you end up drawing 4-4 etc, so many goals, just irritating me. Also a lot of the goals are so unrealistic, 40 yard screamers etc.

I havent really played yet, but I know the defensive issues are a core bug with the game in its current beta state. I am pretty sure for the challenge you actually need to play your games yourself, so maybe just wait it out until game release?

I really want to push on with the save but the games are horrible, I'd rather just sim them if thats ok with everyone. I play the game the exact same way, on match day I set my team up, then I just holiday telling the game to use my selection and tactics. Then play none match days as normal.

Some skins have a simulate match button, its basically that.

haha curzon ashton come up three times more since i put that save up :)

LOL - typical! Thanks for this pal - really appreciate it.

It's the first time in the 18 years I've been playing this game that I've actually been able to play as the team I support! :-)

What size database is it?

Cheers

Si

Not a full on season review as the season was a bit dire if I'm honest.

Table

Everyone at the club expected relegation and after getting relentlessly thumped in the first 5 games I feared the worst. But I abandoned my passing game after watching teams lump balls over the top and pound me mercilessly. I switched to a counter attacking system with 3 up front, 1 big target man and 2 fast strikers running in behind and went more direct. Delighted to have stayed up by 5 points.

We went of both cups at the first hurdle, I was actually pleased with that, we had to keep our best players fit if we had half a chance of staying up.

Towards the end of the season I decided to tie down my top players with the intention of replacing the mediocre squad men for quality, that didnt materialise. My 3 top players all refused to negotiate new deals, and because I was heavily over wage budget last season I wasnt allowed to sign anyone at first. I was left scraping around desperately trying to fill positions with days left until the season kicks off.

What I have now is a squad with bags of potential but lacking in quality at the moment. My plan is to survive again and see if any of these hopefuls Ive signed again can turn into top players capable of getting me promoted.

On to another season of grinding I expect.

And same here, seems like a cheat to play with a high rep manager with high stats (I was looking forward to developing him!)

I'm going to see if I can delete my historic Managers to see if that fixes it on the new save.

Archived