dafuge's FM15 challenge

Thanks Jsar.

sishuttleworth - I've been reloading all day, I've not seen Curzon Ashton once :( In fact I seem to be getting the same 10/12 teams over and over D:

Haven't seen them yet myself. Might try starting a new holiday out from beginning....I had a few different teams come up from my original batch that way.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hmm taking a long time to Upload them all, think I will upload them all over night and then put them all up in a post for people and they can take what they want

Check first page out, post 5 or 6 I have a list of some 35 or so teams available too...this is a 19k player save (no nationals loaded, just the English set up). I'll be adding another batch of 20 saves with the national rep teams loaded as well.

@dafuge - is hereford even elegible for the challenge this year? It looks like they were in the VC last year, but were expelled. They look to have skipped the VCN/S and gone straight to the Southern Premier League this year (and are unplayable at the games start as a result).

Its an intreging story, though it would probably be a much easier game. they obviously have a high reputation and are already a professional team. I checked the finances and it doesn't look like their financial troubles are replicated in FM, so that wouldn't be balancing the difficulty either.

edit: holy cow, just did some further looking and they start with 116k transfer budget and 18k wage budget (13k current wages) and a stacked squad. I personally cant start with this and feel bad for anyone who has to play in the north now. While im sure they will get absolutely hammered financially and may loose points due to that, i cant see this squad not finishing champions even under AI control.

I just saw that. I am loving the amount of goals scored so far in this FM. Never been a fan of parking the bus!

Enjoy it while you can! They have already announced that the defence (GK in particular) is getting tuned prior to release! :) :)

@dafuge - is hereford even elegible for the challenge this year? It looks like they were in the VC last year, but were expelled. They look to have skipped the VCN/S and gone straight to the Southern Premier League this year (and are unplayable at the games start as a result).

Its an intreging story, though it would probably be a much easier game. they obviously have a high reputation and are already a professional team. I checked the finances and it doesn't look like their financial troubles are replicated in FM, so that wouldn't be balancing the difficulty either.

edit: holy cow, just did some further looking and they start with 116k transfer budget and 18k wage budget (13k current wages) and a stacked squad. I personally cant start with this and feel bad for anyone who has to play in the north now. While im sure they will get absolutely hammered financially and may loose points due to that, i cant see this squad not finishing champions even under AI control.

They are eligible, but they are certainly an interesting case. Probably the team to pick for people who want an easier game, although like you've said, they should make the VN a bit harder if you don't pick them.

Good time to remind everyone of the Dafuge Steam chat group --- http://steamcommunity.com/groups/dafugechallenge usually a few people here throughout the day! (especially early in the challenge/game release cycle....it tends to dwindle toward the latter stages of the game!)

Just joined now, everyone join in and we can share our games!

225px-Maidstone_United_Crest_New.jpg

Club Profile

General Information - a fierce rivalry with Gillingham could be fun in a few years

Manager Profile - trying to create Pep's Bayern team in Kent

Squad - many of these won't last the first couple of seasons

Finances - I'll ruin these by bringing in too many players

Facilities - 3G pitch baby :D

Only problem now is my best player Ben Greenhalgh won't sign a new deal :(

Hi first time attempting this challenge. Decided to go for Barwell, not seen them come up very often. Also have saves for Matlock, Ashton Utd and Grantham Town if anyone is interested.

Those are all low rep teams i think, barwell is one of the lowest. Did it take many reloads?

Those are all low rep teams i think, barwell is one of the lowest. Did it take many reloads?

I've been reloading for about 3+ hours tonight. Grantham i've had come up a few times and was the team I was gonna go with until I done one last reload and Barwell popped up.

...and as I'm still searching for some of the more interesting teams....

I introduce the new manager of King's Lynn! This is one of the earliest LLM teams I ever had a go with....so be interesting to see how I can do with them in this challenge!

First time I've done this since FM08 when I led AFC Wimbledon to glory! Opted for Dulwich Hamlet this time around, primarily for the name and the fabulous kit. Profile1 Profile2

Just found a weird bug with this, as you can see I selected no coaching badges originally but I just went to try and go on a coaching course and I now have a continental pro badge despite never changing manager... that's really bloody annoying because I'm in mid January now. Does everyone reckon I should just resign and take over again as an unqualified coach or start again since there's a chance I've been playing for a few months with the pro badge?

Kings Lynn - Vanarama Conference North - 2015/16

kingslynnfcwomen-thumb-992241.jpg

First season in and as always going to be a tough run. The main aim was to get used to the club and the new game.

League Table - Pretty decent thankfully the bottom three were awful all year long.

FA Trophy - Knocked out by a much better team.

FA Cup - Gutted to go out when I did really should have gone through.

Transfers - A few leave, a few come in that are slightly better than what was here before. This will happen for a years yet.

Finances - As ever the norm for down here.

Key Player Profiles:

Chris Dickinson - Quality striker looks as if he maybe leaving at the end of the year.

David Nwaogu - Good striker should only improve as time goes on.

Jake Jones - Decent quality down the left, he does need to get better defensively though.

Career Overview

Season   Position   League     Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
2015/16  16th   Vanarama North    Survival        

Next Season

I think next season is going to be a little harder, a couple of decent players are leaving in the pre season and I don't know where I am going to replace them with. If I can equal what I have done this year I will be happy.

(Credit to Dafuge for the layout)

I had the coaching badge thing as well. There's no point starting again. It will keep happening so I guess we either have to wait for the fix before starting the challenge or accept it gratefully, which is what I am going to do since I didn't notice it for ages and am enjoying the save. I am doing the youth challenge, but with Hereford so any sense of achievement I get from succeeding is going to be somewhat devalued by the advantages I am accumulating, but offset by the bitter memory of all my failed attempts last year. Anyway, going with Hereford is both a blessing and a curse. You do need to get instant results and watch the finances.

Well, I see whoever researches Dulwich has done a sterling job again - attendances in FM 15 for me are around the 450 mark. We got over a 1,000 today in the league below IRL.

Are they doing some sort of offers this season, since i looked and they average 900 this season against 650 last season. By the way how is your team doing in the league as attendances can plummet if you are not winning. Attendances also don't rise by much in the game, it takes a long time to catch up with any success.

My attendances at Ilkeston are about 600, IRL they are about 400 so i am seeing an increase.

Struggling with Blyth. Anyone else having problems finding players who are good enough for your squad and will join you? So far I've won 1, drawn 4, lost 6. On the positive side, I've scored a lot of goals (bug I know) and am turning a profit.Tactics are no where near fluid so hopefully after a few more weeks we will turn the form around. Early days still but aiming for a mid table finish and hopefully a reputation boost.

Good job at keeping the Linnets up James! Just getting started with King's Lynn myself. Preseason is over, featuring two 3-1 wins, 2 3-3 draws, 2 2-2 draws, and a single 0-2 loss (vs Norwich U21s).

Lost 9 players, brought in 4 to replace them during the preseason.

Quite bad in the staff department -- nothing for fitness training...that's going to cost later I think.

Starting bank balance of £63K, and a healthy salary budget.

Tactics are set, starting with a 4-1-3-2 setup--it has served me well so far!

All set for the first matches! Off we go!

Just did something I couldn't do in first four seasons (or more) of either of last year's challenge....had the board actually come up with potential parent club! Choice of Bury or Chester. Couldn't get a parent club until a couple years into League two last year!

GDK, when you say nothing for fitness do you mean you are having to cover it? I filled all the staff positions possible as they all can assist in training

Yes...I've can't hire a fitness coach...thought I could...had other staff come in first, and now maxed out. I think I have a 4 fitness coaching (either myself, or the coach I did hire). :(

Oh well...just need to survive this season...and get someone new next year!

Mooping's Dulwich Hamlet 2015/16 End of Season Update

CHAMPIONS!!!

A great debut season saw us finish as champions of the Vanarama South. The key moment in the season came in the 40th league game away to then leaders Sutton United. We came away with a huge 2-1 win to take top spot and managed to hold on through the final 2 games. We made a fast start to the season winning 11 of our first 13 league games, including a stretch with 7 consecutive wins. Form tailed off a bit towards the end of December/beginning of Jan as we went from having a 5 point lead at the top to a 3 point deficit, but picked up again after that. Had one big scoring game - an 8-2 win over Maidenhead, a 5-1, 5-3 and a few 4-1 but I didn't think there was an outrageous amount of goals as others have been complaining of.

Key players were summer freebies Moses Ademola - 16 goals and 17 assists in the league from the right wing - and Charlie Moone - top scorer with 26 league goals and 13 assists, also led the team with a 7.41 average rating. January loan signing Tyrell Robinson from Arsenal gave some much needed energy for our second half assault on the title after some indifferent form in December.

League Table

Squad

Transfers

Finances - Bit of a mess. Only went around £200 per week over the wage budget but we still hemorrhaged money.

Plans for off-season/next season:

I will look to upgrade at CB, LB, possibly one of the wing positions and another top striker also. I have all of my key players signed up through to the end of next season already so don't have any worries there.

What sort of formations have you been using, mate? Congratulations on a great first season!

Just found a weird bug with this, as you can see I selected no coaching badges originally but I just went to try and go on a coaching course and I now have a continental pro badge despite never changing manager... that's really bloody annoying because I'm in mid January now. Does everyone reckon I should just resign and take over again as an unqualified coach or start again since there's a chance I've been playing for a few months with the pro badge?

I'm starting to think that this "bug" might have something to do with the manager reputation and the rules governing the league. For example, don't you need to have a certain minimum qualification in order to manage a club? For example, at semi-pro level it might be a C license and at a Premier League one it will be the highest one available.

What I'm thinking is the parameters for the game are being buffed because it doesn't fall in line with the realistic expectations of your appointment.

For example, if you were an ex-professional you would get hired without the necessary qualifications, but if you were a Sunday-League player you would only get hired with those relevant "higher" qualifications. Without it, you might not actually be eligible for the position. Think of it as like when your board increases the capacity of your stadium due to Football League rules etc.

I'm almost certain this is what is happening.

I'm thinking maybe that you must have to choose having a basic C-license in order to avoid the game automatically bumping up your stats. However perhaps you should simply select the default qualifications option but bump down your playing experience to Sunday-League. This might stop the game trying to level you out automatically. It might not be favourable to everyone and I appreciate we are in the testing stage at the minute. But perhaps it is necessary to select a default qualification for everyone, rather than having no qualifications?

We have had a good start to the season. Currently we are in 4th place with 2 wins, 1 draw and 1 loss. Much thanks to our (sort of) pacey striker who have scored 6 goals in the 4 matches. My punt it over the top tactic seems to be working so far, but my team is struggling with fitness. I have a rather small squad and I have had to start with some players clearly not cut out for this level. I still need to fill out the squad and get some depth, but I think I've gotten a pretty good first team.

Congratulations Dafuge on the 10th year of the challenge.

First time taking this challenge so looking forward to getting involved!

I have chosen TZFzxgK.png"]Rushall[/url] , as from my reloads it was the first time they came up so thought it would be interesting.

soxGjQF.png"]Facilities wise[/url], nothing that stands out.

I'm quite happy with the HdpWZee.png"]squad[/url], with two players that I recognise from the lower leagues - lERZBRj.png"]Peter Capaldi[/url] & er8UNxi.png"]Cameron Belford[/url]. But still want to bring in 3 or 4 players to strengthen the team.

Hoping to progress well in this, so lets see how it goes!

Archived