GCB's 2014 CSE World Cup - Sign Up Thread

6hri8j663qigb7xlptih22nuq.509x273x1.jpg

WORLD CUP 2014

Can you lead one of the 32 World Cup Finalists to victory in the greatest football tournament in the world?

Hi there. I'm GCB, a one time regular contributor to the CSE forum but less so in the past few years. However, with a bit of spare time on my hands over the coming weeks, I wanted to launch this sign-up in time for the World Cup.

Simply, I am going to holiday through to a few weeks before the 2014 World Cup on FM14. I need 30 members of the CSE Universe to sign up to manage one of the 32 qualifiers; I did consider trying to make sure it was the actual 32 but that would have taken a lot of time so I will trust that the majority of the 32 in question will make it.

Once 30 have signed up - less if there is a lack of demand - I will randomly assign you a country to manage. Unfortunately, Germany and Japan are unplayable in FM so they will not be available. EDIT: Looking at altering this and making it 32 with Germany and Japan playable.

You will initially need to pick your 23 man squad so access to the latest updated database on FM14 would be useful for you.

After that, you will need to pick your team and the tactics. I will be keeping the tactics simple; you'll be able to choose one of the pre-set tactics in FM14 and identify your style of play, i.e. counter/balanced/control, and the freedom.

I will also allow you to issue me instructions of any tactical changes / substitutions to make in situations of your choice, i.e. If we're losing with 15 minutes to go, change to attacking.

You will also be able to identify players who will replace others in case of injuries etc ...

Right now, all I need is for you to identify if you wish to take part. Only sign up if you will be able to keep up to date and meet the deadlines for submitting your team etc ...

GCB

Participants:

1. toonbalmy87

2. Lower Leagues Rule

3. William Hall

4. larxus

5. brettney1980

6. letissierandhenryaregreat

7. krillon007

8. podunkboy

9. 5ergio

10. simbion

11. ri916

12. Liverbird93

13. grianaig

14. mattstoff7

15. HamoudiLFC

16. arkitekt

17. eusebio1

18. DaveMUFC

19. rlipscombe

20. corinthiano

21. kris0710

22. Shadaza

23. abirdc

24. spartans5

25. bergtaur

I'm going to start sending some PM's over the next couple of days - I'll inform you of your teams and you can start picking your 23-man squad as well as 7 reserves (1 keeper, 2 defenders, 2 midfielders and 2 strikers) in case of injury.

Sign up is still open - 11 spaces left and I'd love to fill them all with different people.

Perhaps not the best place to post it but I didn't want to start a new thread because I'm not sure whether or not I'll end up running it, but I thought I'd post in here to try and gauge the level of interest.

Basically I was thinking of running an FM sign-up OOTP Style, to run alongside the World Cup. It's something that's been done before over in the CSE Forum but with that forum virtually dead I thought it would be better to run it in OTF.

I'll quickly explain how the game would work for anyone who hasn't heard of the format. I load up a game of FM and add 32 OTF users as the managers of the 32 teams in the World Cup, each manager sends me their squad, starting 11 and tactics and I play out the games until we have a winner. It's basically the same as playing an Online game of FM but you don't need everyone online at the same time to play.

Here are two examples of how it worked over in CSE:

One that I ran myself

And one that I took over half way through and finished off.

I'm hoping that I can smash through it while the World Cup is on and not have it drag on like those ones ended up doing, I'm off uni from 16th of June-8th July so I think I can work out a way to get it done within the time frame. So yeah, good idea or not?

That's what I posted over on OTF on May 18th :D

I was going to put a thread up for it later today but looks like you've beaten me too it GCB.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived