World Cup Fantasy Football

kccircle

Have any of you found any decent World Cup fantasy football sites?

I've seen the one on the Telegraph website (£3 entry) and the official FIFA one (in conjunction with McDonalds)

Are there any others out there

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fantasy iTeam is a free app that I'm using. Unfortunately you can only join one league on it though, but other than that it's decent.

I found another one last night but it was truly awful so I'm not even bothering going through my history to find it. It didn't even have Ospina on, some players had some bizarre positions, and the most valuable defender was Geoff Cameron for some bizarre reason at 10.7m :D

Well, they need the official squads, I guess

Anyone remember that fantasy.premierleague one where you could only pick players from the Premier League ... plus a manager you got points for a win, draw, etc

Was odd but the final arrived obviously choices were limited. Think they didn't bother in the last one

Metro in UK do one IIRC

• 2 weeks later...

This is from Euro 2012 but the rules are basically the same: http://www.fantasyiteam.com/downloads/FiT-EC2012-Rules.pdf

Basically, 2 points for starting, 1 for sub. 7 points for a goal for defenders, 6 for mids, 5 for strikers and 5 for clean sheets, and 3 for assists.

Winning a free kick also counts as an assist now as well. I played it this year for the PL and it's a good app. You can make transfers during gameweeks as well, so it requires a bit more work than the official game where you basically set your team and leave it, but it's good fun. The only issue is only being allowed to join one league and I'm already in one so I can't set up an OTF league unfortunately. I hope they change that soon.

The Telegraph one is really good. In previous years, they've got the player values really wrong, so it was easy to load your team with players from Spain/Italy/Germany etc. for Euro 2012.

This year, that's impossible. You're forced to pick from the lesser and middling nations. Really challenging.

The Mirror and Australian Fox Sports ones are very similar to fantasy premier league apparently.

There is concern around the 1 point per recovered ball rule in the official McDonalds game that if applied to 2010 would have seen Chiellini who played 3 matches without keeping a clean sheet score a similar number of overall points to top scorer Villa.

System problems happen, especially when there's a massive surge of activity. Yes, they knew the surge would happen, but why spend loads of money to handle a one-off peak?

Should probably have started it before 8th June as well tbf :D

McDonald's FIFA World Cup Fantasy is working. I created a League:

League Name: Mundial FManager

Password: fmanager

If you prefer, inform your e-mail and I'll send you an invitation.

First part yes, not sure about captain.

According to the rules:

You can also change the captain as long as the new captain hasn’t already started to play.

Your team captain, which you can change for each round, will score double points. If you fail to select a captain then no player will score double points.

I've picked five players for either £1m or £1.5m. What a waste of time.

I've picked 9 :D Really is stupid to have a 100m budget for 23 players, it's impossible to pick a good team without having a few utterly worthless fillers.

I've picked five players for either £1m or £1.5m. What a waste of time.

I've picked 6. 3rd goalkeeper is one of them. He will never be used. Most of the players with that price are from Algeria and Iran.

Is the McDonalds one the choice of OTF then? If its as bad as it looks (only had a quick glance) and sounds from the posts, why not use a different fantasy football provider?

I think we should use a different one, yeah. Only issue if the amount of options, so hopefully we can come to a consensus. I quite like The Mirror's one. Looking at Fox Sports' now. Fantasy iTeam is enjoyable but only allowed to join one league.

I have three key decisions to make regarding my fantasy team.

1) Benaglio of Switzerland in goal or Russian keeper Akinfeev

2) Rakitic/Lallana/Toure - I need choose 2 of these.

3) Messi or Ronaldo

Archived