OTF World Cup 2014 Predictions Competition

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Updated table post semi final:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YaBuZqagIymbOhWQpMb_jItcTIghCHhxpGqoyvlXZXs/edit?usp=sharing

This does not include the pre tournament predictions which I'll work through during the game tonight.

It looks as if the top three are unlikely to be caught, however the pre world cup predictions could be a difference maker now!

Updated table post semi final:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YaBuZqagIymbOhWQpMb_jItcTIghCHhxpGqoyvlXZXs/edit?usp=sharing

This does not include the pre tournament predictions which I'll work through during the game tonight.

It looks as if the top three are unlikely to be caught, however the pre world cup predictions could be a difference maker now!

The doc has an x for the cash game for me, but I'm not in the cash game. Maybe a case of mistaken identity?

Updated table:

This includes all points except for the final and the WC winner points. Big congrats to DjStu23 who was the only person to predict Spain to go out in the groups. Nobody predicted only 6 European teams would qualify. Many of you predicted England to go out in the groups.

The highlighted players are playing for cash, and it looks as if Hyndlegs can get a correct score tonight, he may take the crown from the current leader Chopra_Reds. Enter Username Here also has a possible shout if Argentina can win, and he can get the score. Having checked this though, and looked at the predictions, an Argentina win would throw EUH from 3rd to 2nd in the cash game (But he has Messi as scorer, so a goal for Messi would tie them both at the top and put it down to tiebreaker!).

For the overall crown, Orzelek looks to have it wrapped up now, unless PMLF can pull off a shocker in the final. However, an Argentina win may prove to be vital for Anti Spiral if he can get a correct score tonight. There is still a lot of points up for grabs even at this late stage, with a potential of 13 points if you have the winner, a NAP score and the first goalscorer all correct.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YaBuZqagIymbOhWQpMb_jItcTIghCHhxpGqoyvlXZXs/edit#gid=0

Thursday June 12

Brazil 2-0 Croatia: 21:00

Friday June 13

Mexico 2-1 Cameroon: 17:00

Spain 2-1 Netherlands: 20:00

Chile 3-1 Australia: 23:00 NAP

Saturday June 14

Colombia 3-0 Greece: 17:00

Uruguay 2-0 Costa Rica: 20:00

England 0-1 Italy: 23:00

Sunday June 15

Ivory Coast 2-1 Japan: 02:00

Switzerland 1-1 Ecuador: 17:00

France 3-0 Honduras: 20:00

Argentina 3-1 Bosnia: 23:00

Monday June 16

Iran 0-2 Nigeria: 20:00

Germany 3-1 Portugal: 17:00

Ghana 2-1 USA: 23:00

Tuesday June 17

Belgium 2-0 Algeria: 17:00

Russia 3-1 South Korea: 23:00

Pre World Cup Prediction Questions

1. Who will win the 2014 World Cup? (5 points) Germany

2. What round will current champions Spain be knocked out in? (3 points) Semi finals

3. How far will England get? (3 points) Quarter-finals

4. How many European teams will make it past the group stages? (2 points) 11

Tie breaker in case of a tie:

How many goals in total (excluding extra time/penalties) will be scored in the entire 2014 World Cup? 143

At least I got it right that Germany would win the World Cup. :cool:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YaBuZqagIymbOhWQpMb_jItcTIghCHhxpGqoyvlXZXs/edit?pli=1#gid=0

Final table:

Orzelek - 68

PMLF - 65

Chopra_Reds - 58 ©

Anti Spiral - 56

Hyndlegs - 56 ©

KCCircle - 53 ©

Hooray_Henrik - 53

Reddiablo - 53

Gorando - 52 ©

Cash prize in the end was £160. Will work out your exact splits in a bit gentlemen.

Congratulations Chopra_Reds for winning the cash game as well

Cheers mate, was a close run thing! Well done to yourself also and to Orzelek who luckily wasn't in the cash game!

I echo the thanks to RFM as well. Must have been effort with the sweepstake and this. Great job.

Archived