What has become of Championship/Football Manager?

Hi, long time player here.

I'm just putting this up here. Playing since cm 3, CM/FM games has always given me such pleasure being the big football fan I am. I always felt like taking over a club bringing it to success was the best thing to do. But what has made this game so popular?

For my part it has always been that it was easy to take control of the game & of course the big database. It's wasn't so very complicated. Your looked for good players that you bought and set up a tactic. That's it! That was what made the game fun. I'm not asking for latest graphics or anything of that sort. I was just happy seeing the latest database changes for the new version.

Being the worker I am now, I don't really get the time of playing as much as when being a kid but lately I've been thinking, why even bother? What made the game fun isn't there anymore. Now it's just about being a nanny to your players, always talking and cuddling with them and it doesn't matter that the team is good if don't pet your players like a good dog. Also all the conference & same questions all the time. Can it be more boring?

And now for the database. Sure the English one is always good & up to date, but for the rest... It's been getting worse. The Swedish database for example. Before you would see changes made to a player every year in concurrence with what the player has been up to the latest season. Now I see players, some stars for that league, who hasn't been touched in 3 or more years. Doing a little research in Central America & the Caribbeans in FM13 I found a player that had been deceased since 2009 but still kicking in the database. He wasn't the only one that I found that had been dead for some time. That is when I realized how out of date the database had become. I'm not trying to put anyone at fault here etc etc but I think you should take a look on what made the game successful. Now sure you might say that fm13 & 14 have been the best selling games but success didn't happen over night.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Being the worker I am now, I don't really get the time of playing as much as when being a kid but lately I've been thinking, why even bother? What made the game fun isn't there anymore. Now it's just about being a nanny to you players, always talking and cuddling with them and it doesn't matter that the team is good if don't pet your players like a good dog. Also all the conference & same questions all the time. Can it be more boring?

Do what I do then and play FM Classic. It takes all of that superfluous stuff away, and gets back to what made FM great in the first place. Too many people turn their noses up at FMC, but it's by some way my favourite way to play the game at the moment, and I've been playing these things since the original Football Manager in 1982.

Don't get me wrong, I still love the full fat game, and I have a couple of great saves going on there, but this year, all my top saves have been on FMC.

• SI Staff

The_SouL. If you have identofied data errors such as a player in Sweden not being updated for three years or a deceased Trindadian, then post about it in the Data Issues forum. That's what that forum is for.

Otherwise, your data moan is meaningless.

I'd find it very difficult to go back to the way it was in the CM days, I think, with all the upgrades that I'm use to, it would be too basic.

There are certain things I don't like that I feel just bog the game down. Dealing with the press for example, so I leave press conferences to the assistant (and also let him do all the team talks and opposition instructions). I also hate all the filler information you get through subscriptions, so the first thing I do is get rid of all, apart from shortlist. I'm not in love with the player interaction feature, but it doesn't really pop up all that often.

Do those simple things, and the game moves along quite nicely. Sure, I don't finish a season in one mammoth sitting anymore, but if I had the time, I probably could.

Well thanks for the tip Dagenham_Dave but for now, I feel like FM is this long time ago girlfriend that you want to get in touch with again but know it's probably not for the best. Never felt that way about this game before.

See, I knew you were going to take it the wrong way. I'm not having a go at you or other researchers as I know it's a difficult job that requires a certain amount of time. But I feel like the atmosphere on the forum is rather arrogant. For Swedish players I am not talking about a single player, I'm talking about many players in most of the teams. I know we all have different opinions on players but I felt so little was done to it that it took some of the fun out of playing.

And as for the "deceased Trinidadian" as you so nicely put it, I did in fact post my findings on the forums that you refer to with related news articles for proof but I think I never got a response or even a thank you for pointing it out so it seemed pointless as I never knew if that would in fact be changed. That is what's bothering me. I feel most of the time some one points out something now being right or wrong they get snooty responses and it doesn't add to me wanting to play or being involved. Anyway, good luck to you

Do what I do then and play FM Classic.

I have always said I would not play FMC as it seemed to be too watered down for my liking.

This week I gave it a go and I have to say I hated it, I think I only managed 1 preseason friendly before I fired up the proper FM again.

I wish SI never went the route of the media and the morale of players, I hate the fact I have to try and make players earning 1000s a week feel better about themselves.

While I am sure there are players out there that earn 100k a week feel bad about losing I doubt that many of them would turn into a Sunday League footballer after a loss.

I think FMC is good for some players but I would just like the full version of the game with the ability to switch off media and also switch off the part that makes me feel like I am managing an under 10s football team.

The_SouL. If you have identofied data errors such as a player in Sweden not being updated for three years or a deceased Trindadian, then post about it in the Data Issues forum. That's what that forum is for.

Otherwise, your data moan is meaningless.

While I agree that data issues have a place where they can be assessed, is the insult really necessary?

I have always said I would not play FMC as it seemed to be too watered down for my liking.

This week I gave it a go and I have to say I hated it, I think I only managed 1 preseason friendly before I fired up the proper FM again.

Good to see you gave it a chance then...

Cut it out. The sniping round here is becoming a little tiresome.

On the contrary, I don't think there's any sniping, I've actually really enjoyed reading this thread because I find myself agreeing with the OP, and I find it interesting that such a long-time and respected poster such as daylight also agrees, well with regards to player immaturity at least.

These forums are all the better for lively debate, people shouldn't be put off voicing their opinions, and your post themadsheep2001 is exactly what The_Soul is referring to with regards to arrogant snotty responses. And truly I don't mean any personal offence by that, but I am just saying it does feel lately that people are having to walk on eggshells when posting there are too many mods and nannys!

I really want to read peoples opinions on this thread but when scrolling down, more than 80% of me expected the thread to have been closed. Thankfully it wasn't, but the fact I expected it to be is a sign of where this forum is heading.

All I'm asking is please let people trade differing opinions, without automatically assuming they're sniping at each other.

I agree with the press conferences, I'm 4 seasons in and they are depressing.

I don't even need to read the question now, I know which answer I always use and just click it.

Surely defeats the point of having them in the game?

DizzyPenguin, TMS was referring to other posters who had their posts deleted because it was sniping posts.

These posts are getting deleted because it just causes hostility when we're trying to encourage discussion.

So please, continue with the discussion. We'll take care of the rest. :thup:

On the contrary, I don't think there's any sniping, I've actually really enjoyed reading this thread because I find myself agreeing with the OP, and I find it interesting that such a long-time and respected poster such as daylight also agrees, well with regards to player immaturity at least.

These forums are all the better for lively debate, people shouldn't be put off voicing their opinions, and your post themadsheep2001 is exactly what The_Soul is referring to with regards to arrogant snotty responses. And truly I don't mean any personal offence by that, but I am just saying it does feel lately that people are having to walk on eggshells when posting there are too many mods and nannys!

I really want to read peoples opinions on this thread but when scrolling down, more than 80% of me expected the thread to have been closed. Thankfully it wasn't, but the fact I expected it to be is a sign of where this forum is heading.

All I'm asking is please let people trade differing opinions, without automatically assuming they're sniping at each other.

I think you have jumped at me rather too early, as Hunt3r says I was dealing with deleted posts. Please let the moderators do the moderating, thanks :thup:

I don't even need to read the question now, I know which answer I always use and just click it.

You're going wrong here. You shouldn't always use the same answer. You have answers that give your team confidence and you have others that fight complacency etc

You get the same sort of questions, but keep the context in mind.

You're going wrong here. You shouldn't always use the same answer. You have answers that give your team confidence and you have others that fight complacency etc

I think if you look down my results, and trophy haul, I'm not going wrong at all.

The press conferences are incredibly repetitive.

I think if you look down my results, and trophy haul, I'm not going wrong at all.

He wasn't referring to your success/lack of success, but that the different answers will have different effects. They serve a use if needed by x player. Just because one user might not use them or care about them, doesn't mean another feels the same. Horses for course.

Which is why you can send your assistant.

I know my tactics are okay, but I am no Mourinho. I try and make full use of press conferences and team talks to make up what I am lacking tactically. I like having press conferences. They can be boring, but it gives me a chance to motivate my players, give them much needed confidence or take the pressure off.

Good to see you gave it a chance then...

If it's not a good fit, it is not a good fit.

I had I think 3 weeks before my pre-season friendly and as I thought it is just too watered down, I knew I was not going to enjoy it so no point in delaying the inevitable.

He wasn't referring to your success/lack of success, but that the different answers will have different effects. They serve a use if needed by x player. Just because one user might not use them or care about them, doesn't mean another feels the same. Horses for course.
Which is why you can send your assistant.

I know my tactics are okay, but I am no Mourinho. I try and make full use of press conferences and team talks to make up what I am lacking tactically. I like having press conferences. They can be boring, but it gives me a chance to motivate my players, give them much needed confidence or take the pressure off.

It was only my opinion guys.

Yes, I use the press conferences to my advantage, I don't use them wrong, but my point was that over time, they are repetitive, and I fully stand by that opinion.

It was only my opinion guys.

Yes, I use the press conferences to my advantage, I don't use them wrong, but my point was that over time, they are repetitive, and I fully stand by that opinion.

I understand it's your opinion. I was just giving you another view on it :)

It gets repetitive after a while, sure. Real life press conferences are just as boring, if not more. Maybe it is a mindset thing too? Instead of "ugh, another press conference" maybe change your thinking a little to "What's the mental state of the players? What can I say to calm/motivate/focus them?".

It becomes better then, but it is still not close to exciting and I can't see how SI can change it to be less dull.

I have to disagree with the OP, I'm finding the game more fun than ever. Yes I enjoyed the old days of CM00/01 or 01/02 at the time and sometimes think the latest version can be overcomplicated but then a little while ago I re-installed my copy of 01/02 to see if it really was as great as I remember. I found myself just clicking from match to match, nothing happening in between and getting through a season in nest to no time. Turns out it's not enjoyable any more.

I'd much rather spends weeks of real-time getting through a season rather flying through one a day and you can use your assistant to take care of the things you don't like (my assistant does press conferences and team talks) without it affecting your success.

Nostalgia springs to mind here, clearly FM 14 is a lot better now then it was back in the cm days but a fairer question for me would be which is the better game for its time?

Although Fm has for sure kept up the pace since its young CM days but with the many additions added since those days from what i gather from my own games and feedback from the forums the game can be somewhat frustrating these days. For me there is an easy explanation for this and the reason is simply that the game lacks any real depth when it comes to official documentation. As a small example we have 1 right here in this thread, where a mod (HUNT3R) explains in a little more detail the effect that a press conference could have, although what he says would be obvious to some but to others he's advice could mean a completely different approach/understanding to what they originally perceived for themselves.

I mean half the people playing probably still do not fully understand what fluidity (rigid, balanced, fluid etc) exactly means and this has been a feature in the game for years now and could make or break a tactic. A more recent example is that now we are forced to use shouts rather then sliders which i think is a great idea but again hugely lacking any real "official" documentation. At least with the sliders we had a visual idea in what the shouts where doing. but now we have shouts like "take a breather" which could mean a number of things. I for 1 thought this shout was basically asking your team to waste time until i realized you get a "waste time" option when you choose the defensive mentality. Now i just don't use this shout as I'm not really %100 sure on what it exactly does to my team shape/temp wise.

So my opinion is that the current FM is a million times better then it's predecessor CM but can also be a million more times frustrating as it lacks explanation for the very many new additions since the old days.

I mean half the people playing probably still do not fully understand what fluidity (rigid, balanced, fluid etc) exactly means and this has been a feature in the game for years now and could make or break a tactic. A more recent example is that now we are forced to use shouts rather then sliders which i think is a great idea but again hugely lacking any real "official" documentation. At least with the sliders we had a visual idea in what the shouts where doing. but now we have shouts like "take a breather" which could mean a number of things. I for 1 thought this shout was basically asking your team to waste time until i realized you get a "waste time" option when you choose the defensive mentality. Now i just don't use this shout as I'm not really %100 sure on what it exactly does to my team shape/temp wise.

This has been my grudge with fm in the last years, a game this complex should be paired with much better guidance to the player. If i was to do one of those goofy steam reviews of the game i'd have to say "a great reading exercise of hundreds of posts in forums to stop your players from doing horrible dumb things, when you fix those, new ones will appear. 10/10 would play again".

As of now, i'm on the top of the premiership with 13 more points than the second place (somehow?) and i don't like my football, it's been a seriously frustrating experience to try to implement what i have in mind, i actually think i have more time on these forums reading than i played the game this year which is unfortunate.

Agreeing somewhat with the OP, but not specifically regarding FM 14. For me, FM 13 was the worst FM since FM 09 (and before that CM 4). To be honest, I feel like the series has had it's peak, which was with FM 12. It combined the old FM:s/CM:s (good databases) with the new ones (interesting features, interactions etc.).

The problem with FM nowadays is that the database seems to no longer be in focus, just as the OP is stating. The joy for me was mainly to find new, exiting players and/or seeing how the players you know by heart have improved from the last CM/FM. Instead we now have to focus on finding the perfect tactics, a tactic so fantastic that the AI doesn't know what's going on. If you do not find that tactic, it doesn't matter how many great players you have.

I'm agreeing totally with the OP regarding lack of research and I'm a bit suprised by the arrogance in Grippers reply. The issue is clearly not regarding ONE player, it's regarding a vast amount of players.

As for press conferences I do not agree at all about what HUNT3R says. It's extremely easy to keep your players happy since you know the same answers will do every time. Why try and vary if you know what answers works? The question is not really about what you say though, but which options there are, and as of now, the press conferences are mostly annoying. Sure, the concept in itself is good, but there has to be more variety.

Regarding the success of the game.. Economically, yes, it's a success, but just because a game sells a lot doesn't necessarily mean it's better than any of it's predecessors. It only means that a lot of people know about the game and possibly that there are no other big competitors in the market with the same concept.

Basing "success" simply on numbers of sold copies and amount of users giving reviews is not what brings a game forward, it's what slowly kills the soul of the game.

I hope the developement team takes these issues seriously and get back to the basics before trying to implement any new features.

Has anyone, who is moaning about the research, offered their free help to the people who are involved, in order to bring it up to their standards? You all do realise that the database is compiled by a team of volunteers, which you would be more than welcome to be a part of, yeah?

Agreeing somewhat with the OP, but not specifically regarding FM 14. For me, FM 13 was the worst FM since FM 09 (and before that CM 4). To be honest, I feel like the series has had it's peak, which was with FM 12. It combined the old FM:s/CM:s (good databases) with the new ones (interesting features, interactions etc.).

The problem with FM nowadays is that the database seems to no longer be in focus, just as the OP is stating. The joy for me was mainly to find new, exiting players and/or seeing how the players you know by heart have improved from the last CM/FM. Instead we now have to focus on finding the perfect tactics, a tactic so fantastic that the AI doesn't know what's going on. If you do not find that tactic, it doesn't matter how many great players you have.

Not really surprising that you put so much emphasis on the tactics in FM14 being a bad thing, and then say that FM12 was the best. That was the archetypal game where just buying a fast player meant instant win. Don't really see why that's much of an achievement, but each to their own. Also don't see what's so wrong with the bolded part - if you get your tactics wrong, you absolutely should be penalised. The game has only really just caught up with that. If it was just a matter of getting the best players, and only that, then what would be the point in the rest of the game? No prospect of giant-killings, the same teams winning every year...gee, exciting.

I'm agreeing totally with the OP regarding lack of research and I'm a bit suprised by the arrogance in Grippers reply. The issue is clearly not regarding ONE player, it's regarding a vast amount of players.

What was arrogant about it? If there's problems in the data - which is the domain of the voluntary researchers, not SI - then they need to be raised in the forum mentioned. Otherwise it won't get fixed.

And yeah, what milner said. Easy to knock it, as there are clearly gaping holes, but, at the risk of sounding obtuse, if you know so much about it, then you should really offer up your services - they'll be extremely useful. Really don't understand the point in moaning about something when you're in a position to make it better, but maybe it's just me.

Thankgod for FM classic thats all I can say, so much faff just flushed down the toilet or thrown in the bin :thup:.

Although I didn't fully get into FMC (missed a few of the big features), I think it was a really good addition for those that don't want to do every single little thing that's in the full game. I quite enjoyed having a dabble in it.

Although I didn't fully get into FMC (missed a few of the big features), I think it was a really good addition for those that don't want to do every single little thing that's in the full game. I quite enjoyed having a dabble in it.

Nope to be honest in terms of the actual game nothing has improved for me or should I say I dont enjoy any aspect more compared with the cm days. I only do commentary on matches, you still pick team, choose tactics, buy players, try to win cups and leagues, not really having a care in the world what happens in the indian 2nd division so yep apart from all updates for players/divisions and of course the movement of real life in terms of comparision etc thats all I need and have liked in a cm/fm game.

I mean I might be wrong or forgot something but I dont think I have. If say the GAME of cm3 was brought out tomorrow but with all current status in real life Id buy it and probably enjoy it just the same as FMC14.

Reading some comments here I feel I might have been a little misunderstood. I'm not saying FM should go back to simply be CM as I have truly enjoyed some recent FMs.

My point is exactly what daylight is describing. I feel like I'm managing a team of kids. A big loss with your reserves in a pointless Cup match and then suddenly everyone's morale on the team has gone from superb to okay/low and of course it does so I can't win the next games. That is for me a joy-killing right there.

As for the data part, what I mean is if someone says something slightly negative, he is a tool who can't post in the right forums. That makes me fuming. Milnerpoint, I just can't agree with your comment. In my second post I said I had already reported it to the right forums for FM13 data issues this summer.

But seeing Gripper's response, tells me he doesn't even care. Just passing it out as some dead Trinidadian as if it was just a nobody that no one cared about. Not even the slightest respect for the player. This doesn't tell me, "Oh, he's a nice bloke, let's try and help him out".

For the Swedish database, I did in fact want to get involved a few years ago on FMSweden. But no one was interested, so...

A big loss with your reserves in a pointless Cup match and then suddenly everyone's morale on the team has gone from superb to okay/low and of course it does so I can't win the next games. That is for me a joy-killing right there.

You set your expectations before the game. Set it high and you lose... there will be a fair drop in morale. Make it out beforehand that it's a nothing match and that you don't care about the result afterwards and you'll barely get a drop in morale.

As for the data part, what I mean is if someone says something slightly negative, he is a tool who can't post in the right forums. That makes me fuming. Milnerpoint, I just can't agree with your comment. In my second post I said I had already reported it to the right forums for FM13 data issues this summer.

But seeing Gripper's response, tells me he doesn't even care. Just passing it out as some dead Trinidadian as if it was just a nobody that no one cared about. Not even the slightest respect for the player. This doesn't tell me, "Oh, he's a nice bloke, let's try and help him out".

For the Swedish database, I did in fact want to get involved a few years ago on FMSweden. But no one was interested, so...

Could you not maybe just, you know, just accept that you had already posted it rather than take everything so personally? Is a mod supposed to go searching out every single topic to check whether it's been posted before or not? Some might, but they're voluntary, and just enforcing the rules. They're not clairvoyant.

Reading some comments here I feel I might have been a little misunderstood. I'm not saying FM should go back to simply be CM as I have truly enjoyed some recent FMs.

My point is exactly what daylight is describing. I feel like I'm managing a team of kids. A big loss with your reserves in a pointless Cup match and then suddenly everyone's morale on the team has gone from superb to okay/low and of course it does so I can't win the next games. That is for me a joy-killing right there.

If your serious about getting involved, find the head of the researchers, PM him and take it from there. If you dont get an answer PM one of the mods or devs to get directions on how to get an answer.

None of this is to do with SI really. They dont do the research and they wont go through it all player by player to check its correct. Gripper just told you to post in the place where it will get attention, post it in here and you end up with a thread like this that will sort absolutely nothing.

everyone's morale on the team has gone from superb to okay/low and of course it does so I can't win the next games. That is for me a joy-killing right there.

You're massively overplaying the importance of morale in the game. Even when it does take a hit, you can still win the subsequent matches easily enough - depending on opposition and your tactics of course.

Morale is a factor on a team's performance, but it's less of a factor than a lot of people think. Many users love to blame that on a defeat rather than their own tactical misgivings. Not aiming that at you in particular but it does happen.

But we where not at all favorites, so I simply told them that we are not favorites so just go out and have fun. Now I'm playing in Swedish language so I can't really be sure of the translation.

Then losing 4-0 at half time, I can't say I'm thrilled, so of course I tell them in an assertive way that I want to see an improvement in the second. Players reacts accordingly and are motivated. We lose the game. Same there I say in assertive way I'm not really happy and players reactions are good, Motivated etc, but still the morale drop is right there.

So that is something I don't really understand.

Could you not maybe just, you know, just accept that you had already posted it rather than take everything so personally? Is a mod supposed to go searching out every single topic to check whether it's been posted before or not? Some might, but they're voluntary, and just enforcing the rules. They're not clairvoyant.

That's not at all my point but never mind. I'll just say what I been saying these last 2 years, that SI should hire some researchers at least as a half-time job.

That's not at all my point but never mind. I'll just say what I been saying these last 2 years, that SI should hire some researchers at least as a half-time job.

Seems like it was exactly your point. A mod told you to put it in the right place, you already had, but still took offence to him doing so.

Why would hiring them help? They're not going to be throwing a salary their way, so they can't just leave their jobs and suddenly get more time to do research. If they were to, then bang goes any kind of profit. They do their best, and if that isn't good enough there are many options for pointing out to them their mistakes. As long as you're not a "tool" about it as you put it, then they'll be quite happy to admit their mistakes and change it the next chance they get. They already do a great job.

Seems like it was exactly your point. A mod told you to put it in the right place, you already had, but still took offence to him doing so.

Why would hiring them help? They're not going to be throwing a salary their way, so they can't just leave their jobs and suddenly get more time to do research. If they were to, then bang goes any kind of profit. They do their best, and if that isn't good enough there are many options for pointing out to them their mistakes. As long as you're not a "tool" about it as you put it, then they'll be quite happy to admit their mistakes and change it the next chance they get. They already do a great job.

I get your point about research but for the other part no, I didn't take offence at him pointing out where to post I took offence at the tone that was set in the message. I felt it was an insult and I'm not the only one here who thinks so.

half time or part time job??? :p

I get your point about research but for the other part no, I didn't take offence at him pointing out where to post I took offence at the tone that was set in the message. I felt it was an insult and I'm not the only one here who thinks so.

You really think it was insulting, then report it and the powers-that-be will decide whether it was or not. Otherwise, I don't know, grow a thicker skin? It is the internet after all.

But we where not at all favorites, so I simply told them that we are not favorites so just go out and have fun. Now I'm playing in Swedish language so I can't really be sure of the translation.

Then losing 4-0 at half time, I can't say I'm thrilled, so of course I tell them in an assertive way that I want to see an improvement in the second. Players reacts accordingly and are motivated. We lose the game. Same there I say in assertive way I'm not really happy and players reactions are good, Motivated etc, but still the morale drop is right there.

So that is something I don't really understand.

You don't see the contradiction? You told the team you're not worried about the result, then at half-time and again at the end of the match you're telling them it wasn't good enough losing to a much better team?

Two things though. Their morale would have dropped, but at least you motivated them, so that's a positive. Morale also can't be the sole reason you went down 4-0 at half time, it must have been your tactics or your team that really isn't good enough. Maybe even a combination of them not taking the game that seriously, tactics and being the much weaker team.

Why don't you make enquiries in to becoming a researcher, if you're still interested?

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/377845-FM-Research-Vacancies-How-to-Contact-Head-Researchers-and-How-to-Get-Involved

If you are interested in researching in a country not listed above, please contact me (dean at sigames dot com) and I will ensure that the Head Researcher receives your enquiry.

I think there is a big group of people who don't dislike FM2014, but feel it could be better. Then there's a big chunk to think it's the best thing since sliced bread. The same goes for FMC, which I think is a waste of time and things like this slow down production of the game. SI could have simply just allowed people to deselect things they didn't want and totally remove it from that particular save - rather than make complete new modes. Also the microtransactions already created some moans, but it does look like SI are looking at probably testing a new business model (hopefully).

I have made my view on FM2014, which is that it's alright - a "good enough" release - but no where in quality where it really should be. The graphics of the game and sound are a particular poor side of the game, with sound not getting an update in over a decade (it actually got worse would you believe with sounds being dropped after CM3). The graphics are much better compared to that past games, but compared to games like FIFA or even 95% of games, FM graphics are quite laughable.

There is a lot of room for improvement and I feel sometimes the game is getting too complex for it's own good - because so many modes are getting added, more and more fluff features, yet no big dent is made in fixing repetitive issues from release to release. I feel that many features should not be changed or expanded further for a few releases and some modes are taken up a notch to "next gen". Let's see some great sound, some colour in the stands and some great animations and cut scenes. Lets see visible training sessions, set piece creators, less team talk fiascos and some solid defending and scoring one on ones. Lets finally make selling players a little easier, and not treat FM like a glorified database. Lets actually see players lifting the trophy after winning a cup and not just get a news item that says "you have won the title.(fullstop :D)"...

*phew* #gotitalloutatonce :D

Can we drop this now guys? The_Soul, if you have a problem with any post from anyone, like someone insulting you or someone saying something offensive/racist etc, then please report it using the triangle icon/button at the bottom of every post. The post will be reviewed by us and action will be taken if necessary.

I can tell you now though that I really don't see anything in Gripper's post. He told you that if you have an issue with data, then post it in the Data Issues forum. He even provided the link for you.

Archived