FMC2014 Wishlist Thread

I'd love the option to Instant Result from half-time.

If I have an important match I often watch the match instead of using Instant Result as I can make changes if they are needed.

However, if it gets to half time and I'm say 3-0 up, then it would be good to just make my subs (or not) and then instant result the remaining half.

This probably won't be the most popular wishlist request but it's one of the very few things I'd improve on FMC! :thup:

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love the classic mode but I would like.

Use full game skin instead if the one designed for classic.

Have more than one tactic like the full game. (Not sure if this is possible and I cannot find it)

Lots of the elements of the Full skins are redundant on FMC, so I'm not sure how relevant that would be?

Plus, the whole aim of FMC is to have a streamlined experience, so the clutter of Full skins may not fit that profile.

You can save as many FMC tactics as you want and flick between them from match to match.

Just modify a tactic to your liking, save it, and then it should be listed in the tactics drop down box?

Lots of the elements of the Full skins are redundant on FMC, so I'm not sure how relevant that would be?

Plus, the whole aim of FMC is to have a streamlined experience, so the clutter of Full skins may not fit that profile.

You can save as many FMC tactics as you want and flick between them from match to match.

Just modify a tactic to your liking, save it, and then it should be listed in the tactics drop down box?

Many thanks for the tactics information.

Couple of big things I miss from the full game

• Options for Assistant automagically using players in the reserves to keep them match fit
  • Full set of Board request options
  • Bit more control over staffing (my Semi-Pro team doesn't need five scouts but does need Fitness/GK)
  • Full (optional) access to the database - loading lower level players, etc.

Ideally it'd be amazing to see a modular system when you can turn off/simplify the areas of the game to taste but, well, that's quite an ask.

• Administrators

You can do this already. There are some skins already available for FMC in the Skinning area of the forums.

I know there are some FMC skins. Though not of the same amount like you get in FM full version which most of us like. What we are trying to say is and if it's possible to make it the same like the full version. If someone creates a skin for the full version then it should be usable in the classic version. Again I"m sure I'll hear that it's not possible because of programming issues.

When I first started playing the FM14 classic version in it's early days the only skins available at the time were for the full version and i mean there were a number of them. As for the classic mode there were very few and if not none at the time. Or what you can do is give users the option to change the background color instead of "white" blinding your eyes until someone makes a skin. The white background for classic mode realy strained my eyes what else can i say. And because i was not able to change the color manually i stopped playing classic mode which I realy enjoy more over the full version. So in your next update you might want to allow users to have access to pallets so they can make changes on the fly to most areas of the game. And again yes i know there is a pallet to change colors but not most areas of the game.

• Administrators

The skins are different for a reason, 1) FMC is more streamlined and actually contains less panels and 2) Some FMC panels are specifically redesigned with FMC in mind. So a skin for the full version isn't usable on FMC. Skins that you download are made by third parties, fans of the game so if there is none available to your liking that's unfortunately because nobody is making an FMC version of the skin you like. It might be possible if you speak to the skin authors, whether they can do that (some do).

Regarding the colours used, this is something we can take into consideration from the wish list, so thank you for raising :thup:

This is a general wish, but since I'm only playing the classic version, I'll post it here. (and it's only 2 pages compared to the full version wishlist thread :D)

What if for the next January updates in the future, SI put in the REAL LIFE or ACTUAL results up to December of that season, and we can choose to start with that update?

As football fans, we desperately want to correct whatever went wrong to our favorite club during the 1st half of the season. For example, Man United had a terrible start, surely the fans want to repair the damages done by coming in January and prove they are a better manager than David Moyes.

I'm not sure whether this needs some licensing issue, but it would be great if SI can do it. Maybe the 5 major leagues for a start?

Secondly, for all the January transfers, shouldn't they come in January? (Again for example: Juan Mata with the (Trn) symbol next to his name in Chelsea squad. Will be joining Man United on 1.1.14) instead of him in the MU line-up since day 1 of the season.

Apologies if this has been mentioned before. Cheers.

• Administrators

Legal reasons would prevent the results idea I'm afraid. You can use the Challenges Editor in a sense to more closely model a real life situation if you want though :)

A dark skin please, would really love a black or dark blue version of the FMC skin as the current one hurts my eyes :)
A dark skin, FMC has reignited my FM enjoyment but can only play in short bursts due to the white skin. Don't think it's fair FM has a dark one yet FMC doesn't.

Would this help?

http://www.fmscout.com/a-fmc-flut-dark-skin-for-fm14.html

Apologies if linking another site is against the rules. Delete it if so.

Hi,

Having just left newcastle after 8 consecutive premier league wins and 4 champions league in a row, and going on holidays, I realised I cant either choose the clubs I want to apply toor choosing both apply for clubs with higher reputation AND national squads as well... Think the going on holidays should have this options.

Thanks

This wish will most likely be for both FMC/FM. I really like some of the different style pitches in the game, they look fab. Though we also get some boring ones as well. Would it be possible to give the users an option to choose which pitches they would like. It would be nice to choose different style grass cuts from time to time. You can also add "Grounds Maintenance Staff" in the game that do the grass cutting styles for the pitches. Paying them as well and also charging different amounts of money per different styles. Obviously like in real life, you can't change styles each week per pitch as this would be a huge expense. It does take time for some grass styles to shine over the weeks.

So if we can have an option to choose which pitch styles we can use through the season would be a fresh look. We can also do with more pitch styles. Great work and keep it up.

regards

FM Fan

The use of edit files to keep the database up to date, even if the only option in a mini fmc editor was to move players around to different clubs, in my opinion its the only thing missing at the moment, I now no longer have time for the full game with 4 children so fmc has stopped me from hanging up the tactics board as I can pick it up and put it down whilst still getting quite a lot done.

maybe if possible bring fmh in line with fmc? so that it would be possible to continue my laptop game on my ipad if im out and about, basically expand the cross save vita idea to ipads if technically possible, or just bring fmc to ipad.

• Administrators

The iPad idea sounds amazing but unfortunately the technical demands for FMC on such a device is too great, and there are different limitations for each device and the different mobile operating systems that need bearing in mind.

The iPad idea sounds amazing but unfortunately the technical demands for FMC on such a device is too great, and there are different limitations for each device and the different mobile operating systems that need bearing in mind.

Heres hoping in the future that apple decide to give a decent upgrade on the old ipads tech specs then.

The use of edit files to keep the database up to date, even if the only option in a mini fmc editor was to move players around to different clubs, in my opinion its the only thing missing at the moment, I now no longer have time for the full game with 4 children so fmc has stopped me from hanging up the tactics board as I can pick it up and put it down whilst still getting quite a lot done.

The use of editor data files is the only thing I really miss in FMC as well. I'd love to be able to play a legends database in FMC and/or play as my own created club. Hopefully it's something which will be enabled in the not too distant future.

I enjoy the long career games, sticking to the same club and seeing it grow. Setting club records. Seeing players from your youth system play their whole career at the club. Things like that. Thus I like to play fast, and go through seasons at a good pace and without unnecessary micromanagement (Although I do enjoy some of it), so in that sense FMC fits me well.

However the one thing I'm missing is being able to shape players into what I want them to be. Part of being able to have your own youth players make up a big part of your team is to be able to have them fulfill the right roles. Your own academy usually won't produce enough good players, but if their CA points are in just the right places and their mental attributes are good you can make up for some of it and still use them even if they should ideally be 5-10 CA higher. The problem with FMC is that you can't really do that. You can't tutor your players to get with the team personality. You can't train them in the role of Regista from an early age to shape them into the next Pirlo. Players will be quite generic, and that takes a lot of the fun out of the youth focus career saves.

So in short what I'd want for next year is individual training in FMC, to be able to get them working on attributes for a special role.

I enjoy the long career games, sticking to the same club and seeing it grow. Setting club records. Seeing players from your youth system play their whole career at the club. Things like that. Thus I like to play fast, and go through seasons at a good pace and without unnecessary micromanagement (Although I do enjoy some of it), so in that sense FMC fits me well.

However the one thing I'm missing is being able to shape players into what I want them to be. Part of being able to have your own youth players make up a big part of your team is to be able to have them fulfill the right roles. Your own academy usually won't produce enough good players, but if their CA points are in just the right places and their mental attributes are good you can make up for some of it and still use them even if they should ideally be 5-10 CA higher. The problem with FMC is that you can't really do that. You can't tutor your players to get with the team personality. You can't train them in the role of Regista from an early age to shape them into the next Pirlo. Players will be quite generic, and that takes a lot of the fun out of the youth focus career saves.

So in short what I'd want for next year is individual training in FMC, to be able to get them working on attributes for a special role.

Note that in FMC, player training is the same as Role training in Simulation mode.

So, if you are playing someone as a DLP, they will have their DLP attributes focused on.

I agree that there are training gaps (tutoring, specifying PPMs), but the wider training element is catered for.

The use of editor data files is the only thing I really miss in FMC as well. I'd love to be able to play a legends database in FMC and/or play as my own created club. Hopefully it's something which will be enabled in the not too distant future.

I know I've said it before, but editor files, even if FMC only editor files (as in you wouldn't be able to use full-fat FM editor files) are needed. The idea of plunging into the Welsh/English lower leagues in FMC would be amazing.

First of all what I dont like is "Instant Result" because it doesnt offer anything new. It's almost the same as going on holiday for one day, only its faster. It doesnt replicate the result of the match, for example I lost the match against Celta 0-2 which I would have won if I was watching it. And its not just that one match, I have failed to win in many matches which I would have otherwise won (if watched).

1. So fix that. Let "Instant Result" gives the same result as it would it be if I have watched it.

2. Add something faster than commentary in Live Mode. Something that doesnt show comments (except goals), so it can just swipe through match.

3. Add the ability to interact with players in FMC and also to train them PPM.

Unlockable ideas

1) unlock a legendary player like pele,maradona

2) unlock 5 star coach team

3) unlock 100% hardcore fan support this feature should have full attendance in every home game and away game

4) unlock ai stupidity this feature make the ai only play 1 formation like 4-4-2 throughtout the game and never changes ( this should make the game alot more easy for ppl who complain that fm is too hard)

5) unlock the youth fountain this feature might be very diffcult for sigames cause it remove the aging from the game. Players never get old

I would also like to see audio commentary in football manager 2015

First of all what I dont like is "Instant Result" because it doesnt offer anything new. It's almost the same as going on holiday for one day, only its faster. It doesnt replicate the result of the match, for example I lost the match against Celta 0-2 which I would have won if I was watching it. And its not just that one match, I have failed to win in many matches which I would have otherwise won (if watched).

How can you possibly prove that? :D

If you select Instant Result without choosing a match plan, the match will play out exactly as it would had you watched it, and made no changes.

• Administrators

1. So fix that. Let "Instant Result" gives the same result as it would it be if I have watched it.

2. Add something faster than commentary in Live Mode. Something that doesnt show comments (except goals), so it can just swipe through match.

3. Add the ability to interact with players in FMC and also to train them PPM.

1) You wouldn't have otherwise "won", there is no way you could know that (or the game). If you often make touchline instruction changes during the match, perhaps incorporate these into a custom made match plan.

2) You have instant result for this.

3) You can already interact with players when they are upset or through Team Meetings.

How can you possibly prove that? :D

If you select Instant Result without choosing a match plan, the match will play out exactly as it would had you watched it, and made no changes.

I beat RMadrid, Sevilla, Valencia, Getafe, they didnt stand a chance, then I decided to play Instant Result against Celta. LOSS. Next after that, Spanish Cup vs Rayo. DRAW. LOSS against Crvena Zvezda. Decided to leave Instant Result. Start winning again. There is your prove.

1) You wouldn't have otherwise "won", there is no way you could know that (or the game). If you often make touchline instruction changes during the match, perhaps incorporate these into a custom made match plan.

2) You have instant result for this.

3) You can already interact with players when they are upset or through Team Meetings.

1. I dont anything during the match. Only substitutions, no touchlines, no tactic or formation changing.

2. It seems its doesnt work as it should.

3.I cant teach them PPM or Tutor them, so that sucks. And AM doesnt teach them what he should, actually he doesnt teach them at all. Same about tutoring.

I would love the ability to edit the database just like in the full game. It's the one thing stopping me from playing classic at the mo.

+1 for this feature. This is must have!!!!!

• Administrators
I beat RMadrid, Sevilla, Valencia, Getafe, they didnt stand a chance, then I decided to play Instant Result against Celta. LOSS. Next after that, Spanish Cup vs Rayo. DRAW. LOSS against Crvena Zvezda. Decided to leave Instant Result. Start winning again. There is your prove.

1. I dont anything during the match. Only substitutions, no touchlines, no tactic or formation changing.

2. It seems its doesnt work as it should.

3.I cant teach them PPM or Tutor them, so that sucks. And AM doesnt teach them what he should, actually he doesnt teach them at all. Same about tutoring.

+1 for this feature. This is must have!!!!!

It works as designed. Nothing in life is pre-determined at the point of doing something. Something that is in your control - yes, this is played out exactly each time - other factors out of your control may and will be different each subsequent time you replay an event in FM, or if you were to redo in real life. If you don't believe me, try this:

- Play the same match twice, keep everything the same.

- Is the same match played out?

If it was - and it isn't - then the game would become very boring, very quickly. It isn't a game by numbers and setting things in a certain way to just win. Like in real life football, luck and chance take part of this too, plus dozens if not hundreds of other different factors. You can set things up to give you the best possible chance of course, but a win is never guaranteed when you press Play or Instant Result, just based on whatever tactics and team you've sent out. Otherwise we'd never see shock results in football, ever...

AI makes choices too, don't forget, and these can be different depending on what happens, so it's not entirely random either.

Tutoring isn't in FMC currently but has already been suggested in here, and PPMs are already taught in FMC14. You may not be seeing them because they aren't done for every single player. They are done at the same rate the AI teaches their own players.

• Administrators

Usually happens at the start of a season and they'll be given PPMs relative to the positions they are playing in. You'll only get a message if the training is successful.

Never played FMC... why you can't edit the database is something i do not understand... Is there any option to edit it?

I want to change the nations preffered formations....

Lucas has replied to the editor question in another thread before:

It was mentioned last year, the editor doesn't quite support FMC due to the amount of changes in the mode. Certain things wouldn't be clear from the dbc how they would work, and dbcs also affect game speed, so can hinder the mode as a quick way to play the game.

We're aware of people suggesting it, and there's even people internally have suggested it. But it's a feature request, and is something that may be considered for a future version if it's possible to include.

• Administrators
Don't know if it has been mentioned before, but I would like to have the option to start a club and country save from the start of FMC like in the full game.
You already can if you have the International Management Unlockable.

possible addition to the next football manager (2015) I would love to see the opportunity to upgrade your stadium in a much deep way, as you could do on F.A premier league manager 2002- by far the best football manager game for stadium upgrades.

I would love to see is integrated into the game.

For me, three things would make it almost perfect:

1. Ability to ask board for youth facilities and junior coaching to be upgrading as we can for training

2. some editor capability to at least set up new leagues (I appreciate opening up player and team edits can interfere with the unlockables)

3. One thing I hate is playing against teams full of grey players, particularly at international or club continental level.

So it would be nice for some of the advanced database options to be available (such as load all international players and load players from clubs in continental competition).

To pre-empt the answer that the FMC ethos is about a faster game therefore this would slow the game down, the current solution is to load at least the first division of all countries, which is surely slower!

Please let us do Opposition Instructions in 2015! Playing in England is really annoying me ATM since I deal with one-footed wingers on a daily basis and can't do much tactically to try and stop the crosses from coming in.

I know it's been mentioned previously but would love a data editor for FMC (even if it's just a simple one). Your primary demographic seems to be people who don't get much time to play but there are many of us who do have the time to play but just prefer the simplified game (just like the good old days) and would love to edit the database before we play. Good to hear you're considering it!

Also I would love it if you include team-talks! Really doesn't take long to make a team-talk so it is odd (IMO) that it is not included.

Ideally FMC would be amazing if you could turn certain modules on and off (but I know this would be very hard to implement).

Archived