[FM14] [RELEASED] Steklo X4

TomDixon77

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does anyone know the attribute id for the home team on the match title bar? The old id, mnpc, returns the competition logo for some reason, but scpc (the away team id) still works fine.

I know Michael T Murray was working/inquiring on this very subject on a previous thread.....same is true for putting the logo in the scoreboard......home team logo is the competition logo....away logo is fine.

these non side bar are much better..

hope skin will again be transparent so we can use our backgrounds...

and one more thing,i see there is background logo (on team name bar)..that's awesome..but could you also put normal logo(main logo) there?

ArtDekDok's ''Better Than Default Panels'' will also work here,right?

That isn't a background logo (as I mentioned earlier), but the regular logo with a couple of bits of jiggery-pokery applied. I won't be putting another logo in there, as it's only 40 pixels high

That isn't a background logo (as I mentioned earlier), but the regular logo with a couple of bits of jiggery-pokery applied. I won't be putting another logo in there, as it's only 40 pixels high

I take it that you are happy with the titlebar, right? I like it the way it is too. Is it really only 40 pixels in height? What is the total height of the whole header + the menubar and how much is the difference compared to the default height of the Base Skin?

I can't wait to use your amazing skin on my brand new 15" MacBookPro with Retina display.

Nice skin Tom, I've used your skin for 2 FM's now.

I like what you did for FM14, though I think I would really miss a full logo in the header. The jiggery-pokery logo looks nice in the case of Bayern, but for Fiorentina's logo (and with that many more I guess) isn't really working out as nicely.

Isn't it an option to insert a normal logo above the sidebar (lower the sidebar a bit to create logo-space much larger than 40px)?

" Quote Originally Posted by TomDixon77 View Post

Strangely, mbpc gives you the home team background logo."

Wow...really.....I'm going to try it now with your old scoreboards!!!!Thanks!!

Tom....I replaced mnpc with mbpc on a couple of scoreboards I have and oddly enough, it takes away the competion logo of course, but I get the background faded logo in it's place, not the regular logo.....progress I presume.......hopefully one of us will figure it out.....I don't have understanding of the panels, but I go by the trial and errror method...

The pretty much completed header:

F4UbBFl.png

Looks great Tom! I think this is your best design for non-sidebar header. I like seeing the first icon from the left on the menubar. I take it that means that once again your skin will be available with your signature background selector, which includes choice of 6 backgrounds and 4 levels of opacity.

What do you plan on working next? I think it would be cool if you could make panels, boxes and buttons with edges similar to the edge of the header only slimmer, if you know what I mean. But I guess that would be too much work or not up to your taste/design.

Looking forward to the release.....whenever that is.

Here's a couple of screenshots showing the new boxes and player status icons (feel the excitement!)

mawBgun.pngOt2zv8y.jpg2R1raVg.png

Also, as the new boxes are a bit darker than before, the text is still pretty clear even with the opacity filter set at 20% (all the screenshots are 20%)

Here's a couple of screenshots showing the new boxes and player status icons (feel the excitement!)

Also, as the new boxes are a bit darker than before, the text is still pretty clear even with the opacity filter set at 20% (all the screenshots are 20%)

Oh Tom, you are such a tease. Of course we absolutely feel the excitement and we can't wait for the release of your brilliant masterpiece. The boxes look fantastic and they kind of continue the theme from the header design. But if I have to be honest I'm not feeling the player status icons, specifically the color for the light injury one (next to Ryan Taylor's and Haris Vuckic's names). I think it should be more orange-y, because otherwise it is too close to the icon for yellow card (Yohan Cabaye) and the text is white making it harder to read.

I see that the regular buttons (highlight key attributes for role, selection info, show filters, etc) are looking like the same ones from last year. Are they the same as last year's and do you plan on designing different buttons? This year's graphics for buttons include @2x.png files, have you touched those or they don't matter? I ask this because this year I play the game on a fancier Mac laptop with Retina display and use the highest resolution (2880x1600 or something like that) with 175% zoomed in text. I'm not sure whether or not those @2x.png files matter in my case, but I suspect they do.

BTW, what is the transparency % of the new darker boxes?

I see that the regular buttons (highlight key attributes for role, selection info, show filters, etc) are looking like the same ones from last year. Are they the same as last year's and do you plan on designing different buttons? This year's graphics for buttons include @2x.png files, have you touched those or they don't matter? I ask this because this year I play the game on a fancier Mac laptop with Retina display and use the highest resolution (2880x1600 or something like that) with 175% zoomed in text. I'm not sure whether or not those @2x.png files matter in my case, but I suspect they do.

The buttons are going to be changed, yes. I don't know what those @2X images are for, they aren't used when you zoom to 175% as I tried it on my pc, and it just looks like a zoomed in version of the normal images

The buttons are going to be changed, yes. I don't know what those @2X images are for, they aren't used when you zoom to 175% as I tried it on my pc, and it just looks like a zoomed in version of the normal images

The @2x images are basically graphics twice the size of the regular ones. I just assumed the game uses them since they are in the default graphics folders.

In the screenshots you've posted so far, using your old buttons (from StekloX3), you don't have any @2x images in the buttons folder, right? And the game has no problem displaying regular sized graphics in zoomed in mode, does it?

Quality. Anymore sceenshots of the sidebar version?

I'm holding off until I finish the non-sidebar version, as it's going to involve much more messing about to get it working. If I create a standard layout skin, I've got all the graphics etc. out of the way.

Archived