Green Man Gaming

I bought the game 15th Aug for £22.99 at 365games.co.uk. But that was before the talk about the game being more expensive in Euroland (mainland Europe) than in Poundland (UK). Then prices rose on gaming sites pretty much simultaneously and now it's £26.99 on 365games...

I bought it there too, but I still haven't got the beta. I ordered it a month ago.

I got my code 25th September. The code is seemingly working fine with Steam. It says Football Manager 14 in my Steam library. Obviously nothing has been downloaded yet, though.

I got my code 25th September. The code is seemingly working fine with Steam. It says Football Manager 14 in my Steam library. Obviously nothing has been downloaded yet, though.

Does the code get e-mailed? May need to check my spam if so, haven't knowingly received anything. Or do you need to go on GMG itself and get the code?

Does the code get e-mailed? May need to check my spam if so, haven't knowingly received anything. Or do you need to go on GMG itself and get the code?

I don't know about GMG. I bought mine at 365games. I got the code e-mailed to me. That has always been the case when I buy a digital copy of games at whatever company. So I guess GMG would e-mail you as well when they decide so...

Bit off a ballmache though when a lot of retailers have already sent their codes

But you still can't redeem it yet, right? I bought the last 3 FMs from them, they have always deliver on time, that's good enough for me.

Just got my Beta code off GMG. Also says this in the email;

"You are receiving this email because your game will be available for download on 16 Oct 2013 at 00:01 UTC"

LIES!

Also got my key from them, last year they sent out the GMG keys an hour or so before the beta launched.

Not saying its going to follow suit this year but heres hoping.

Just got my Beta code off GMG. Also says this in the email;

"You are receiving this email because your game will be available for download on 16 Oct 2013 at 00:01 UTC"

LIES!

I just read on this forum that someone had a beta key sent to them and it said it was ready to download on 16 oct 2013 at 00:01 so I've shot on to my pc and as I have ordered through steam expected to see an install option on the game but I was greeted with football manager 2014 coming soon. I presume that it means 00:01 17 oct what means they have put an incorrect date on the email. This makes me think what was all this BS about miles not knowing it would go live til an hour before I knew we were getting blagged its like me saying

me: im moving house

other person: when?

me: oh I wont know until an hour before

I just read on this forum that someone had a beta key sent to them and it said it was ready to download on 16 oct 2013 at 00:01 so I've shot on to my pc and as I have ordered through steam expected to see an install option on the game but I was greeted with football manager 2014 coming soon. I presume that it means 00:01 17 oct what means they have put an incorrect date on the email. This makes me think what was all this BS about miles not knowing it would go live til an hour before I knew we were getting blagged its like me saying

Yes, buying a game is just like moving house. Dear oh dear, just be patient! It's ready when it's ready.

Its GMG putting the incorrect date/time not anything to do with SI. You are asuming they mean 17th at 00:01

It'll drop in a little over twelve hours at the very latest. Hurrah.

Not correct. The official statement says "the early access period will be around 2 weeks".

It is 12 hours until the 17th, but the pre-release Beta will not necessarily be available exactly 2 weeks before release.

http://www.sigames.com/news/14236/Football+Manager+14+Pre-Order+Offer+Early+access+Beta

If someone could forward me their GMG email to neil.brock[at]sigames.com it'd be appreciated. Thanks. (And no, I won't use your code! :D)

Neil let it go ...

Its only BETA and we know that its not finished yet, just move on and let us test it now !

More time for us testers to find bugs before release ;)

Not correct. The official statement says "the early access period will be around 2 weeks".

It is 12 hours until the 17th, but the pre-release Beta will not necessarily be available exactly 2 weeks before release.

http://www.sigames.com/news/14236/Football+Manager+14+Pre-Order+Offer+Early+access+Beta

My bad, I assumed the wrong date was just a day early, as the midnight Wednesday/Thursday time was also harped on a while back when the beta was first announced. Yeah, it could be later, so I'll retract what I said. But if I'm right I expect a grovelling apology (not really)

I think they've obviously misphrased it. They're giving you the codes because they anticipate the Beta to be out two weeks prior (i.e very soon). So you now have the codes, which, when put in steam gets you the game ready and primed for download when the beta inevitably comes out.

Someone obviously dropped the ball by including the date and time though. >_>

Just to finally put a stop to all the speculation...

The only time anyone will know (retailers, us, fans, online retailers.... anyone) will know when beta is out .. is when it's announced on this website/official twitter etc.

Not a minute before...

Wouldn't want you all to be expected it to be out when there's every possibility of it not being today.

30% off code persuaded me to pre-order, against my better judgement after the laughably bad release of FM13. I was surprised to get that email from GMG this morning and even more surprised to put the code in on Steam and see no Install button for love nor money!

Ah well. As long as the game works eventually and we haven't been given incorrect keys then no worries.

Just to finally put a stop to all the speculation...

The only time anyone will know (retailers, us, fans, online retailers.... anyone) will know when beta is out .. is when it's announced on this website/official twitter etc.

Not a minute before...

Wouldn't want you all to be expected it to be out when there's every possibility of it not being today.

Why not sticky this until it is released so you dont get the same threads popping up?

I think this is reasonably poor by SI games. They should not be advertising "pre-order and get the beta 2 weeks early" if they cannot specify a date.

Don't start...

There's a key word that has always been present - around. They've never ever specified a date. It's not poor in any way, shape or form.

I think this is reasonably poor by SI games. They should not be advertising "pre-order and get the beta 2 weeks early" if they cannot specify a date.

They didn't advertise that. As forameuss points out, it is important to read all the words in the statement, not just the ones you want to read.

Don't start...

There's a key word that has always been present - around. They've never ever specified a date. It's not poor in any way, shape or form.

Archived