*Football Manager 2014 - ANNOUNCEMENT*

All football games, or better, all sports games (from the arcade ones to management ones) use the range 1-100.

1-100 maybe more accurate (although not fully convinced as irl managers don't have these stats to judge a player on) but it would make judging a player even easier. Instant scouts reports already give you more info than i think you should have and this would make it even worse.

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe but, this is trademark of FM, just like 2D.

It's not a trademark, it's an obsolete element which doesn't allow to improve the differences between the players.

Others are trying to say it is easier to determine if a player's finishing from a researchers point of view if it was 1-20 than 1-200. If Falcao has 18 finishing on the 1-20 scale, should it be 175,176,177,178,179,180,181,182,183 or 184 on the game? I don't need to know to the nth degree how accurate his finishing is, a ballpark figure of 18 is enough for me to say, he he's good I'll bid for him. Anything elze just complicates matters.

I'm getting far too excited for this game already, some of the features such as the new tactical set up look superb!

1-100 would be fine, no need of 1-200 (but it would be better than 1-20).

I don't have complications in Pes and Fifa when I see and edit players with their 1-100 range.

The point is not whether it's right or wrong set 94 or 95 to Bale 's dribbling, but how to set non-league players in a proper way. A player of Stockport County is very weaker than Bale, but the same Stockport player is stronger than any footballer who play in 10th tier and much stronger than any Madagascar first division player.

You can't set these differences in the current editor, because of 1-20 range system.

You can't set these differences in the current editor, because of 1-20 range system.

If you click on one of your players attributes it displays a graph. Ok it doesn't state in a clear number if they are 15.2/15.5 at dribbling etc but it does show where they are between a 15 and a 16 rating in graph form.

1-100 maybe more accurate (although not fully convinced as irl managers don't have these stats to judge a player on) but it would make judging a player even easier. Instant scouts reports already give you more info than i think you should have and this would make it even worse.

The same can be applied on 1-20 range. Always stats are both at 1-20 and 1-100.

But if it was for me, stats wouldn't exist in a football management game, or at least I would give the choice to the user.

I'd love a system where you buy a player according to scouts reports, including videos related to potential new players, or watching a real-time training and finding out a youth footballer who shows his abilities.

But we have still stats and we have to use them, so it would be better make them working in a proper way.

If you click on one of your players attributes it displays a graph. Ok it doesn't state in a clear number if they are 15.2/15.5 at dribbling etc but it does show where they are between a 15 and a 16 rating in graph form.

I can say that in-game can also remain with 1-20, but it would be better having something different in the editor. :)

You cannot set very different players at a certain point (of course, nor the game can do it if auto-generates attributes).

I would like to see the difference in fitness and stamina attributes looked at. SI seems to be under the impression that league 2 players are for the most part very unfit with low stamina which just isn't the case at all. That said i guess that's not a problem with the ratings system but just how lower league players are perceived.

Its things like this i would like to see improved, i think i may be the only one who isn't that fussed as to how great the graphics are. :)

Hello guys,

i do not know if this is the right place :) but here are some suggestions from me:

- paint different colors the players boots. it's very boring to see all the players wearing black boots.

- release the FM at september when most season start and most transfers are finalized.

- give the option to change the font of the game screen, any color we want.

- make more realistic the differences between a fast player and a slower player. at fm13 a fast player run side by side a slower player without any difference.

- make banana shots

-put the real face to all of the players. it's boring to see shadows

-put a live tv screen at the game to show "live" images from the training, the arriving of a tranfered player, the draws etc (like LMA manager 1999)

- put different shapes of stadiums and let us choose how our stadium expant want to look like. (like LMA manager 1999)

-make it as much realistic as you can

thank you

Haven't read the whole thread, so apologies when this has already been mentioned.

The idea of creating a tactical team plan and a game plan are steps in the right direction.

Questions on the job interviews:

- do they apply when taking over a team at the beginning of the game, or only when moving to a new club mid-game.

- hopefully they are more than just cosmetic and you can get the board to make you promises (e.g. invest in youth), before accepting the job.

Hello guys,

i do not know if this is the right place :) but here are some suggestions from me:

- paint different colors the players boots. it's very boring to see all the players wearing black boots.

- release the FM at september when most season start and most transfers are finalized.

- give the option to change the font of the game screen, any color we want.

- make more realistic the differences between a fast player and a slower player. at fm13 a fast player run side by side a slower player without any difference.

- make banana shots

-put the real face to all of the players. it's boring to see shadows

-put a live tv screen at the game to show "live" images from the training, the arriving of a tranfered player, the draws etc (like LMA manager 1999)

- put different shapes of stadiums and let us choose how our stadium expant want to look like. (like LMA manager 1999)

-make it as much realistic as you can

thank you

put them in the wishlist thread which is here

I have a question about Specs is it ok to ask in here ? if not then could you direct us please

You won't get a definitive answer just yet, though you can be reasonably confident that requirements won't be very different from FM13.

You won't get a definitive answer just yet, though you can be reasonably confident that requirements won't be very different from FM13.

I've checked the specs for FM14 on steam and am fine with most of them except the 128MB VRAM bit, just unsure what that means as i don't remember seeing it for FM13 (although i may be wrong)

My laptop has Intel HD graphics 3000 if that's any help and the 3D engine works fine on FM13, just want to be sure before i preorder

I've checked the specs for FM14 on steam and am fine with most of them except the 128MB VRAM bit, just unsure what that means as i don't remember seeing it for FM13 (although i may be wrong)

My laptop has Intel HD graphics 3000 if that's any help and the 3D engine works fine on FM13, just want to be sure before i preorder

Anyone ??????

I also have an Intel graphics 3000 with 8gb of ram on a second generation i5 2.4ghz, afraid to fm 14 problem with this new match engine!

I hope not! kkk

And one thing I'd like to know, in fm 13 had several patches to improve the processing speed of the passing days, are they seeing it for that fm 14?

New game looks immense - can't wait for the new match plan creator and manager job interviews.

Hope to see the following improvements also - assistant manager giving pre-match feed back prior to the game so you can use team talks to eradicate an issue with a player ie if hes showing signs of overconfidence etc... (You couldn't see this screen pre match in FM13 unlike previous versions)

- If you have success and are at your favourite club you are linked to other clubs in the press and get job offers - Ive won the Premiership 3 times, N Power Championship once, FA Cup once, Capital Cup once, Community Shield twice and MLS All stars once and have not been linked to or offered 1 job in 9 seasons. Im also ranked a World Class manager

To me, the screenshots look similar to the previous release. Maybe it's just me. The 3D Match Engine looks like players are on ice (still) and even looks jerky on this video which is meant to advertise it.

Complete opposite to this video which is Football Manager Online in the Korean market. Why does this game appear to have the same complexity but actually look polished - like you'd expect a game these days to look

To me, the screenshots look similar to the previous release. Maybe it's just me. The 3D Match Engine looks like players are on ice (still) and even looks jerky on this video which is meant to advertise it.

Complete opposite to this video which is Football Manager Online in the Korean market. Why does this game appear to have the same complexity but actually look polished - like you'd expect a game these days to look

It's exactly the same ME :D

Am I correct in thinking that the match plans in the tactics would only be used by the backroom staff if you cannot make a game - this imo would be very rare and would only be useful if you had a touchline ban from the FA, therefore the feature would not be used that much especially if your a hands on manager who micro manages. I was under the impression that each game would have a match plan set up by the manager and that was the new tactical overhaul. If it isn't this could someone explain how the tactics have been changed as I cant see much difference from FM13 if the only change is the above

Most likely unless announced otherwise (which I highly doubt will happen)

What a shame. I am still waiting for the day when Football Manager will be a purely 64-bit game. I remember posting a thread about this a few years back and one of the moderators told me that it would take a few years.

Well, few years have passed since that thread (about 3 years ago) and Football Manager is still 32-bit? I guess I have to wait longer still. Perhaps Football Manager 2017 will finally be a pure 64-bit game. It is only a matter of time.

New game looks immense - can't wait for the new match plan creator and manager job interviews.

Hope to see the following improvements also - assistant manager giving pre-match feed back prior to the game so you can use team talks to eradicate an issue with a player ie if hes showing signs of overconfidence etc... (You couldn't see this screen pre match in FM13 unlike previous versions)

- If you have success and are at your favourite club you are linked to other clubs in the press and get job offers - Ive won the Premiership 3 times, N Power Championship once, FA Cup once, Capital Cup once, Community Shield twice and MLS All stars once and have not been linked to or offered 1 job in 9 seasons. Im also ranked a World Class manager

Been looking at the screenies in more detail -

Match Plan - this looked brilliant until I realised that you will only use it if you go on holiday or if you have a touchline ban - which I dont go on holiday and tactically avoid bans by reading the refs game report prior to critisising them

Tactical role selection - I do this individually with the players anyway when I put them into the team by knowing which role is best for them in each position based upon there stats - player instructions ie run with ball, tight mark - you can do this under player instructions with the sliders

So after evaluating it I am going to wait to see the you tube videos prior to purchasing as I cant see much difference between FM13 and FM14 for me to make the transition at the moment unlike I first thought so may wait until FM15 which would mean it is only the second time Ive missed a version. However knowing me come October I'll buy it anyway depending upon my 13 save

Am I correct in thinking that the match plans in the tactics would only be used by the backroom staff if you cannot make a game - this imo would be very rare and would only be useful if you had a touchline ban from the FA, therefore the feature would not be used that much especially if your a hands on manager who micro manages. I was under the impression that each game would have a match plan set up by the manager and that was the new tactical overhaul. If it isn't this could someone explain how the tactics have been changed as I cant see much difference from FM13 if the only change is the above

I thought the Match Plan was only for FMC when the player wanted to use the "Instant Result" button.

i see there are major GUI changes mentioned.

Can it be confirmed if the general size of text has been made significantly bigger? i know it has been a big problem for a lot of people who try to play the game in their native screen resolution of 1920x1200, or similar, and the text is far too small.

higher resolutions should not equal smaller text.

i myself have to make do with a FM resolution of 1024x768 just to get it to a reasonable size and obviously this means the match day graphics suffer.

this would be great.

Another year sitting and filling my mind with nostalgia then. Ah, well.

What's so wrong with Steam, its always been fine with me and most games are using these sorts of platforms now. So you must be getting low on new games to play.

I thought the Match Plan was only for FMC when the player wanted to use the "Instant Result" button.[/QUOT

Could well be - difficult to tell from the screen shots - have to wait till the videos come out to explain more I guess

Noticed something in the ME video that's been eating at me for a while now.

When the red/white striped shirt defender makes the clearance on 0.51 seconds and boots the ball out to the wing, the wide player receiving the long ball doesn't make any attempt to control it. Instead he attempts to make a directed header to a player over 30 yards away near the centre circle and it's intercepted and any counter-attack breaks down.

I'd think in the vast majority of cases he wouldn't attempt a header to a player so far away, regardless of his level of skill. He'd always look to control the ball first, maybe even try and flick it on for himself if he wasn't tall enough.

Yeah, this is one of the main problems with the FM13 match engine, along with underhit passes and the extreme tendency for players to try to "buy" a throw-in/corner off an opposition player, whenever they're near the side line or goal line (and usually miss), when there are a few options that are much more obvious (like dribbling or crossing).

Archived