Anyone else stopped playing until the new update?

yel

In past editions of the game I played happily, despite the minor flaws in early patches of the ME.

This year the almost complete lack of through balls in the latest patch has stopped me playing completely, i've just been waiting for the new patch. I think earlier versions of the ME were better TBH.

Anyone else stopped playing since the release of the last ME update?

Oh good, another one of these.....

:lol:

I've actually just picked the game up in the last week. Thoroughly enjoying it now i've got to grips with the new layout and ignoring the FM lite (quickstart+ really) version and using the full game. No through balls isn't really bothering me at all. Adapt and overcome ladies and gentlemen.

I'm playing it... and loving it.

Having a great save with my favourite club (Benfica).

Season 1: Won the portuguese league and the Europa League

Season 2: Won the Portuguese league, Portuguese Cup and reach 1/4 finals of Champions League

Season 3: Won the Portuguese league and the Champion League, beating Man City in the final by 4-0

On top of that, just sold Nelson Oliveira to Juventus by 21M. Since FM2010 i never sell a young player for so much money.

And on top of that, have already in my team 2 or 3 regens that i'm really excited.

Oh, and the ME... ok... of course i dont like it 100%, but from time to time i can see really good football by my team :)

In conclusion, i'm really happy that i didn't stop playing the game when i was a little disappointed. I kept playing, improving and im happy because of that.

The only doubt i have is... should i start a new save game when the next update is released. Sometimes the changes are so many, that the best is to start over. We will see.

Why not explain your issues with the latest patch in the official feedback thread instead of starting a pointless thread like this?

Nah, we don't want to hear all that again :D there are good reasons for waiting besides the usual sanctimonious waffle, DB update being one of them.

I am happy to keep playing, mainly as I do this every year as a test for my tactics/training etc until the final db update is released and I start a long term save.

Do EA employ people to post utter rubbish on here?

The game is perfectly playable.

Those who are waiting seem to believe they will be better at the game when it is updated. They like to blame the game for their inability to win.

These type of posts seem to come from people who have posted less than 5 times.

Those who are waiting seem to believe they will be better at the game when it is updated. They like to blame the game for their inability to win.

This is a good point! Mainly because, people who dont like the game now, will probably be the same after the patch, because usually the game dont change that much.

And the sad part is... when the final patch is released (in March) all those people that didn't play the game untill then, will start playing the game and sooner or later will get that feeling..."oh... why didn't i play the game since November????"

Just a waste of time... imo!

This is a good point! Mainly because, people who dont like the game now, will probably be the same after the patch, because usually the game dont change that much.

And the sad part is... when the final patch is released (in March) all those people that didn't play the game untill then, will start playing the game and sooner or later will get that feeling..."oh... why didn't i play the game since November????"

Just a waste of time... imo!

I agree, never know why after a certain amount of these posts they just do not get closed.

I brought it so Im going to play it...

Im in season 2030 and more addicted than ever. If you that bothered by the ME just stick on 2d classic and read the tactic forums while you wait for this supposed "perfect patch" some of you are wating for.

Because closing them all creates as much chaos as leaving them open. All that happens is the OP gets upset and creates another 3/4 threads asking why their threads have been closed, Kriss gets a headache, Ackter gets abused, and Welshace gets a sore finger banning everyone.

Because closing them all creates as much chaos as leaving them open. All that happens is the OP gets upset and creates another 3/4 threads asking why their threads have been closed, Kriss gets a headache, Ackter gets abused, and Welshace gets a sore finger banning everyone.

lol very good...:)

That just about sums it up

I stopped about 3 weeks ago. rediscovered Fallout 2 on GOG, works perfect on my Mac, and didnt look back. Cant even say that I miss FM. Will wait till new patch and see. will defo NOT buy next 14 version. payed good money since 1991. feel cheated.

I am all or nothing on the game every version anyway, but have not played for quite a few weeks (not for ME reasons, just natural cycle) but just started a new save (thanks Inter poster) and it's just as addictive already.

I think if you want a bug empty-ish FM game though, and I'm not overly bothered unless it's outrageous buggy, you should just buy it in March every year. It's not like the patch schedule ever changes year in year out. So if you keep doing the same thing (buy on release) and keep expecting anything different then it might be worth looking in the mirror before whining too much at the game maker?

Pipe down.

As I've said many times now I've been successful on this update but still think its awful. I'm benefiting from the bugs as well as not benefiting so its certainly not because of my 'inability to win' I'm guessing its the same for a lot of others too. Whilst its playable doesn't the fact that the next update is huge tell you how many problems this current one has? You moan about us being employed by EA but we could easily say you're employed by SI to defend them.

Better of closing this thread btw. Pointless.

In past editions of the game I played happily, despite the minor flaws in early patches of the ME.

This year the almost complete lack of through balls in the latest patch has stopped me playing completely, i've just been waiting for the new patch. I think earlier versions of the ME were better TBH.

Anyone else stopped playing since the release of the last ME update?

wish people would take it as it is, a game, not real life. if something isnt working for you (as in through balls) change the way you play.

I won the Italian Serie A 5 times in a row' date=' 3 domestic cups, reached the CL final twice (lost both), and I don't think I'm a loser at the game. I stopped playing because I had no fun.

Beside, I think you're saying the game is fine because you're winning, and this doesn't make you capable to analyze the game with a critical eye.

Now, this is not what I really think. What I just written is your specular thought, from the opposite side. And both of them are pointless.

Pipe down.

As I've said many times now I've been successful on this update but still think its awful. I'm benefiting from the bugs as well as not benefiting so its certainly not because of my 'inability to win' I'm guessing its the same for a lot of others too. Whilst its playable doesn't the fact that the next update is huge tell you how many problems this current one has? You moan about us being employed by EA but we could easily say you're employed by SI to defend them.

Better of closing this thread btw. Pointless.

Good spot.

Archived