*Official 13.0.2 Updated Pre-Order Beta Feedback* - Keep all Feedback in here please!

In my opinion this game is going down hill and fast. Why can't they just put the FM12 match engine into this version because imo that was the best engine going. The beta version:- keepers are dreadful in the game, the way the players move looks utterly ridiculous. The only good points are anything but the match engine and it pains me to say this because I love football manager. I've took the day off work for the release and i'm regretting it already :( I don't like moaning but it had to be done.

For two very good reasons:

1. People like you would compain that there was no ME improvements between the last patch of FM12 and FM13 and that during the scheduled patches of FM13 there would be no new updates to the ME.

2. The FM12 ME was almost at breaking point and there was little improvement that SI could do to it without a massive overhaul.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Perhaps try restarting your computer first to see if the anti-virus updates the settings properly.

What happens if you disable Avira, is it working for you? If the game is installed, you can go into Offline Mode and disconnect your internet while you try this if you are concerned with security. Alternatively turn on Windows Defender, that won't have any conflict issues.

Unfortunately until Avira update their virus definition software this will be an issue unfortunately.

I disable realtime protection which has done the trick but I'm not sure if that means that the AV has been disabled completely.

I disable realtime protection which has done the trick but I'm not sure if that means that the AV has been disabled completely.

It means it won't detect a threat immediately but will when it scans.

As an aside I only use Win Security Essentials now and find it does the job admirably.

someone please tell me version "13.0.2b326362" is not the apparently "fixed" version ??

EVERY goal is the bloody same - cross and header in or a break and diagonal shot across the keeper. that's it! boring gameplay

still bugz.. i have two 'B' teams and when i click the top one it directs me to a completely different team (Kladno of czech republic) and gives me full control over their players. the second 'B" team is my actual team

also two teams from the same country drawn together in europa league ("europe cup") 3rd round . simple things

drag and drop FM12 ME into FM13 would be fine. . back to FM 12 for me I will return when full version of this one is released to try again

Played a few more games ; wing play seems to be strange, wingers seem hesitant to take a man on and just turn around and play it back to the fb a lot.

Keepers are still making a ton of errors though and there seems to be a lot of own goals, though this may be related to the keeper issue.

I was going to wait for the full game and patch until I continue but after seeing the update I wanted to give it a shot in my 2nd season start.

In my first game, I lost 4-1 (too much quality difference), first 4 goals from crosses and a corner.

I really don't think much changed in terms of defending and cross balls. Full backs just suck big time as they let wingers to cross very many times.

Tackling is still a problem, hassling opponents doesn't seem to change much in terms of game play. I am playing COUNTER but I gave away many counter attacks in terms of me getting some counter attacks.

I think in the current game it is not possible to play a good defensive game against stronger teams because defending is not the way it is supposed to be. No man marking at all, no good tackles...

I've posted this days ago in the bugs forum and it still hasn't showed up. The board promises are a bit annoying because mine is to buy young players for the first team and i did that and they were happy. By november they were disappointed by the lack of young players signed and i signed about six.

I haven't had much to complain about on my game. It doesn't seem to be any more/less infuriating than other FMs - and being infuriated is one of the reasons we keep coming back for more football, isn't it? In real life and on Football Manager.

However, three times this season I've had full backs score ridiculous goals against me, always from well outside the penalty area, cross-shots from wide and deep. Leighton Baines has also scored a goal like this for me. I know this does happen in real life occasionally, and I am also aware this is probably part of the whole crossing/goalkeeping problem. But still, annoying.

Full backs in general are a disaster for me on FM13, the space they leave for wingers is incredible at times. I usually play very attacking tactics, so this may be the reason why, but it certainly seems more noticeable this year.

back post issue still the same every game the wingers are getting to the byline far too easy and the ai puts in a perfect cross!

still the issue with playing not closing down and when they do they then just stand there!

goalkeepers ignore the ball sometimes

players letting the ball just run past them

goalkeeepers getting lobbed or balls in the air and keepers palming ball onto the line should either catch or put over bar!

Game seems ok, but I keep getting warnings that FM2013 is using 100% of my CPU at a lot of instances, mainly before or during matches, but also when not processing at all. If I remember correctly this was also the case on an older version of the game (09/10?).. It never happend on 2012 so surely 2013 doesn't demand so much more from my CPU?

I personally have noticed the changes in my save. Im playing in the Polish league as Widzew. I played 3 games this morning. 0-0, 1-0 and 0-0. Keep in mind I play in 2d classic. I never did like the 3d.

I find this version very playable compared to the original beta. I hope they can get another set of tweaks in for release to make it even better. I'm saving my main Liverpool save for then.

Also, after 3 tries, Reading still approach Joe Cole although the same reasons for him not to move appear every time, and there seems to be no change in the offers. The agents calls the offers "insulting" every time.. Surely they would give up by now if they're not getting closer?

Has this screen gone from FM13? I really hope not! Also why is it when you click on a result from any completed game it generates a match analysis?

Here is the screen I miss from FM12 but appears to have been omitted from FM13

glentoranvkillymooninfo.png

gangstars101, it's not a feedback when people moaning and telling us that they want a refund or will not buying next year. They knew it's beta, so if they've bought game, they can help SI to improve it. Or everybody hoped to get the game early and have no issues?

If the game will not be up to some sensible standard on 2nd Nov. then fine, complain and do all the stuff.

Has this screen gone from FM13? I really hope not! Also why is it when you click on a result from any completed game it generates a match analysis?

Here is the screen I miss from FM12 but appears to have been omitted from FM13

glentoranvkillymooninfo.png

Me too I miss that screen !!!

Hmmmm - beta updated between sunderland and spurs games. Enjoying unprecedented (for me) success pre update but back to normal now!

Date Time Opposition TV Venue Result Competition

Thu, 26.7.2012 20:30 Atlético Goianiense TV A 3-0 Friendly

Wed, 1.8.2012 20:30 Portuguesa TV A 2-0 Friendly

Wed, 8.8.2012 15:00 Oeste TV A 3-0 Friendly

Mon, 13.8.2012 19:45 A.C. Milan TV H 2-1 Friendly

Sun, 19.8.2012 16:00 Man City TV H 1-0 Premier Division

Sun, 26.8.2012 16:00 Stoke TV A 3-2 Premier Division

Sun, 2.9.2012 16:00 West Ham TV H 2-0 Premier Division

Sat, 15.9.2012 12:45 Liverpool TV H 6-1 Premier Division

Wed, 19.9.2012 19:45 Dortmund TV A 2-0 Champions Cup Grp E

Sat, 22.9.2012 17:30 Reading TV A 1-0 Premier Division

Wed, 26.9.2012 19:45 Aston Villa A 2-0 Capital One Cup 3rd Rnd

Sat, 29.9.2012 12:45 Chelsea TV A 0-0 Premier Division

Tue, 2.10.2012 19:45 Shakhtar TV H 4-0 Champions Cup Grp E

Sat, 6.10.2012 12:45 Sunderland TV H 4-0 Premier Division

Sat, 20.10.2012 12:45 Tottenham TV H 3-1 Premier Division

Tue, 23.10.2012 19:45 Juventus TV H 2-2 Champions Cup Grp E

Sat, 27.10.2012 12:45 West Brom TV A 0-2 Premier Division

Tue, 30.10.2012 19:45 Bristol City TV A p 0-0 Capital One Cup 4th Rnd

Sat, 3.11.2012 17:30 Southampton TV A 1-0 Premier Division

Wed, 7.11.2012 19:45 Juventus TV A 1-4 Champions Cup Grp E

Sat, 10.11.2012 17:30 Wigan TV A 1-1 Premier Division

Sat, 17.11.2012 17:30 Norwich TV H Premier Division

Big step forward with this ME update. My results now show a little consistency even managed a handful of clean sheets. Centre backs actually clean out some of the crosses now, more variety in goals scored, even seen a few tackles in the highlights :) Still see some silly moments but the game is more playable, don't think I managed more than 3 games without exiting the game before.

not a moan, just an observation.

a player was smack bang in the middle of a pass from an opposition player and just ran away from the ball, their player then picked it up and crossed where my keeper bumbled it leaving a tap in for their striker. :/

still plenty back post goals too.

oh and the continue timeout still isnt working properly. i was told to post it in the bug forum which i did but it was just brushed off and i was told its working. it isnt, when it comes to reading through the news items it just stops continuing unless there is a must respond item.

not the biggest issue for si but i'd like it to be fixed.

So...is it playable now? And i have 1 request if possible. Can you make a tutorial how to work with trainning schedules? They are so complex....teach me like i´m really dumb.

There is already a training tutorial. It's in the game.

wtf just conceded a from a free kick and all my players are lined up outside the area 5 of them and 6 of the stoke player are just sitting in my area unmarked obv they scored!

again the marking closing down thing.

I have reported that two times-> http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/322363-Player-marking-ghost-on-free-kick

hursty2 disable Realtime Protection. Run Steam, install the Demo and run the Demo. After that enable Realtime protection and that's it. I had the same problem as you did. That worked for me.

Doesn't matter, I just ****ed Avira off. :D

December 1st in Portugal is not summer, right? I got a news item saying, 'On a mild summers day in...'

The Match Engine is still FAR from perfect.. I decided to go on holiday for a season to see how things go..

Ronaldo.. from a goal per game ratio of 1.21 goals per game in real life 2011/2012 to a ratio of 0.43 goals per game in FM 2012/2013.

http://speedcap.net/sharing/screen.php?id=1053/8c4011a82931bf734ddaadd5c9bc7cdc.png

Messi.. from a goal per game ratio of 1.35 goals per game in real life 2011/2012 to a ratio of 0.58 goals per game in FM 2012/2013.

http://speedcap.net/sharing/screen.php?id=1053/e436adf6c55a1474c115249e62cac559.png

Really not good enough, not sure I'll bother with a serious game at the moment.. that's a HUGE difference and needs to be addressed as soon as possible as this is meant to be a football manager sim!

The Match Engine is still FAR from perfect.. I decided to go on holiday for a season to see how things go..

Ronaldo.. from a goal per game ratio of 1.21 goals per game in real life 2011/2012 to a ratio of 0.43 goals per game in FM 2012/2013.

http://speedcap.net/sharing/screen.php?id=1053/8c4011a82931bf734ddaadd5c9bc7cdc.png

Messi.. from a goal per game ratio of 1.35 goals per game in real life 2011/2012 to a ratio of 0.58 goals per game in FM 2012/2013.

http://speedcap.net/sharing/screen.php?id=1053/e436adf6c55a1474c115249e62cac559.png

Really not good enough, not sure I'll bother with a serious game at the moment.. that's a HUGE difference and needs to be addressed as soon as possible as this is meant to be a football manager sim!

Really great argumentation for the claim that the ME isnt working correctly.... not

Tell me how it isn't?QUOTE]

If you holiday, games are calculated without using the ME. So you can claim something isn't working right, but the ME shouldn't be your target.

Really..? so is the ME only used for games you actually play? and all the other games don't use it at all?

I'm finding that players seem to have absolutely no awareness in the current ME. The ball rolls slowly past them as a member of the opposing team just runs through the line onto the ball into a great position. For both me and the opposition. It's just rather frustrating to have every match decided by who is less aware.

oh well im not jot use this me until they fix some still glaring issues so back to going on hols for one day to play my matches!

my bugs

closing down esp full backs

marking

free kicks against all ur team outside the area all theirs inside and they obv score

players and goalkeepers ignoring the ball when its near them

I'm finding that players seem to have absolutely no awareness in the current ME. The ball rolls slowly past them as a member of the opposing team just runs through the line onto the ball into a great position. For both me and the opposition. It's just rather frustrating to have every match decided by who is less aware.

It does appear to be mainly defence where most of the problems are occurring. Getting the balance right seems to be the key. Less shots overall with better defensive play

I have found it difficult to find how FM compares to the real thing in regards shots on goal per match, the best I can come up with is 8 – 12 in the real thing, if that’s true then the ME in FM 2013 is generating to many shots on goal. In my season so far I’m hitting the 16 – 23 mark far too often, less shots but with less unrealistic saves seems the way forward. I hope we are going to do something about GK average ratings as well, all too frequently in FM 2012 my GK might keep several clean sheets in a row, followed by advise to drop him for poor form, DOH.

FM13 Beta - Game too difficult!!!

Played with Chelsea and Arsenal, all the same. No luck in attack, and very sluggish defending.

Terry+Cahill, Vermaelen+Koscielny are they not among the best defenders worldwide? Why do they perform much worse than reality???

I think this time SI went a little too far trying adding difficulty to the game.

Wish we could do away with the question, what you think of (insert name here) on a personal level, how often does that question get asked in real football, yet in FM it’s asked every time a comment is made about another team. On that subject can we move on from, thinks the two of you could be friends to best mate or something, how about Lover that would be a new dynamic. Instead of thinks the two of you could be friends it could be we sleep together.

Few more issues.

1. Definitely agree with the teams of similar quality. A team at the bottom no different to a team in the playoffs.

2. I feel that opposition teams score more goals from their shots / clear cut chances than I do, irrevelant of quality. Examples below:

Altrincham 1 FC Halifax 2

4 shots to 25

Corby 4 FC Halifax 1

8 shots to 14

(They were 4-0 up & had 4 shots compared to my 5)

FC Halifax 0 Solihull Moors 1

21 shots to 8

Guiseley 0 FC Halifax 1

14 shots to 26

A greater percentage of their shots & chances will always equal goals, whereas I only put away very little chances. One of my strikers was on loan to previous Champions Gainsborough last season, Matt Godden, where he scored 24 in 34.

Any of the developers help with this?

Archived