FM13 Liverpool F.C Thread - The future's so bright, you have to wear sunglasses

cezar.sl

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where Does everyone else Play Suso? As i don't use a CAM im looking to Re-train him, Either a Winger (either side) Most probably right though, or just simply a Cm... But being a skillfull player, is him playing Cm limiting his ability? Any help? Thanks :)

Where Does everyone else Play Suso? As i don't use a CAM im looking to Re-train him, Either a Winger (either side) Most probably right though, or just simply a Cm... But being a skillfull player, is him playing Cm limiting his ability? Any help? Thanks :)

Dont think anyones had any luck with Suso, he just doesn't seem to develop enough

Dont think anyones had any luck with Suso, he just doesn't seem to develop enough

Oh Balls :/ , Just got smashed 3-0 by stoke.. Realistic result in real life, but still hacks me off, had near on 60% possesion... got nothing special going forward :(

I'm going back to a 4-3-3 formation, something I haven't done since I first started my long term save. The only difference is this time I won't be having any players in the AML/AMR slots, but instead three strikers up top, with all the width coming from the fullbacks. For people who were reading the thread when I had my 7 year save know my best two seasons happened when I used a 3-4-3 formation so hopefully that will happening again. It also gives me the chance to do something I mentioned awhile ago, and train Sterling into a striker to see what would happen. He often gets me 15 goals from the AMR position, so as long as I keep his speed up and his finishing improves in a different position I think he could be lethal.

I've got Sterling learning the advanced forward role and being tutored by Gerrard. Since it'll keep his creativity and dribbling, whilst needing his speed and boosting his finishing stat. Or thats the plan anyway

Transfers

Out

Downing £15m - Fulham: I kept re-listing him whenever he rejected a contract and when he complained I'd put his price too high I assertively told him that he was under valuing himself for the team. Noticed it working in my previous save.

Doni £4.5m - Man City: They bought him and then bought Gomes from Spurs a day later :confused:

Joe Cole season long loan - Norwich: I can never get rid of him the first season

In

I adjusted the aims of the season to give myself more money to begin with, and used the player sales to bring people in. It's the first time I've bought a few players in the first window.

Butland: £3m and £2m in add ons. I bought him before I restarted this game, and he was my number 1 goal keeper at 21 years old

Nem: £3.5m: Sue me, my formation uses three strikers so he's a rotation option

Fierro: £1.5m up front £4m in add ons: I like buying the guy and he was amazing in my 7 year save

Ademilson: £5.5m: I saw his page above the Liverpool thread and he turns out ****ing amazing so why not?

I have 10 games left to finish my first season at Liverpool, currently in 5th 10 points behind 4th place Chelsea.. I have all the big teams at home, Chelsea, City, Spurs and Utd home an away.. Not sure what to expect in terms of finance for next season. Has any one kept Carragher on after the first season? how much money can i expect for transfers in the summer? I am losing Wilson as he wont resign, I am thinking of keeping the current squad and just bringing in some good under 18's?

I have 10 games left to finish my first season at Liverpool' date=' currently in 5th 10 points behind 4th place Chelsea.. I have all the big teams at home, Chelsea, City, Spurs and Utd home an away.. Not sure what to expect in terms of finance for next season. Has any one kept Carragher on after the first season? how much money can i expect for transfers in the summer? I am losing Wilson as he wont resign, I am thinking of keeping the current squad and just bringing in some good under 18's?[/quote']I finished 7th first season i did some Del Boy style waling & dealing, but if i remember right think it was about £20m

I finished 7th first season i did some Del Boy style waling & dealing, but if i remember right think it was about £20m

Oh forgot to say, i signed Frank Arnesen as Director of football and gave him the reigns to sign player and see what he comes up with. any one else got a Director of Football?

I have 10 games left to finish my first season at Liverpool' date=' currently in 5th 10 points behind 4th place Chelsea.. I have all the big teams at home, Chelsea, City, Spurs and Utd home an away.. Not sure what to expect in terms of finance for next season. Has any one kept Carragher on after the first season? how much money can i expect for transfers in the summer? I am losing Wilson as he wont resign, I am thinking of keeping the current squad and just bringing in some good under 18's?[/quote']

You get between 20-40m depending on where you finish, before you sell players. Also a DoF isn't worth it, I've found they'll either bid stupid money to players or sell yours for nowhere what you've said

Oh forgot to say' date=' i signed Frank Arnesen as Director of football and gave him the reigns to sign player and see what he comes up with. any one else got a Director of Football?[/quote']yeah i got Damien Comolli singed me Jack Wilshere, Oxlade-Chamberlain

You get between 20-40m depending on where you finish, before you sell players. Also a DoF isn't worth it, I've found they'll either bid stupid money to players or sell yours for nowhere what you've said
yeah thats the down side of them with rg you want 10m you get 6-7 million :(

August

Premier league

Liverpool 1:0 Wigan; Gerrard 29

Europa league qualifiers

Liverpool 2:1 Mlada Boleslav; Suarez 11, Gerrard 44; Filip 26

Liverpool 1:0 Mlada Boleslav; Yesil missed pen 6, Pacheco 64

Liverpool 4:0 Ekranas; Coates pen 19, Enrique missed pen 26, Nem 55, Fierro 61, 69

Liverpool 1:0 Ekranas; Sterling 11

The team still isn't accomplished in the 3 striker formation, but five wins out of five even though four were Europa league qualifiers. Butland kept four clean sheets too, hopefully the team gets better as they get used to the formation more. I'm interested in how Sterling does, with his new position even though he's only 17

I've noticed there are totally insane turn arounds in the European cups in this game. Happened alot for me during my 7 year save

I never expected to beat bayern to go through. Went attacking from the start and got an early goal but was expecting to be hit on the counter.

Hmm not sure i trust him now' date=' how good are the youth recruitment officers? i promoted Borrell to assistant. pretty much terminated every ones contract on the staff all bar 1 or 2..[/quote']

Pretty much what you expect, they'll try and pick up a few 4.5-5 star potential young players each window. As for the Carragher thing, there's no point. He starts as a 2.5 star defender and will only get worse

@Staf9 It can be unrealistic sometimes when you should be out after the first leg. But I guess it makes the game more exciting rather than your team going in and not caring about it

First season I won the league on the last day at Old Trafford with only 86 points, lost FA Cup Final 3-0 to Chelsea after Skrtel got himself sent off ten minutes in, won Europa League and got knocked out early in Carling Cup. Sold Agger and Enrique for £30m, bought James McCarthy for £6.5, Aaron Cresswell for £5m, James Milner for £9m and got Ospina and Bocchetti on frees. Theofanis Gekas and Mane also came in as free backup backup.

Reina, Ospina

Johnson, Kelly (Wing back attack)

Skrtel, Wilson (Centre Back defend)

Coates, Bocchetti (Ball Playing CB defend)

Robinson, Cresswell (Full back support)

Henderson, McCarthy (Wide midfielder support)

Milner, Allen (advanced playmaker support)

Lucas, Fernando (box-to-box midfielder support)

Sterling, Assaidi (Winger attack)

Gerrard, Shelvey (Trequarista attack)

Suarez, Borini, Destro, Gekas (either advanced forward or poacher)

Rotating the attack more as Gerrard gets old, Borini approached 40 goals last year, Suarez nearly 30, so if Destro can approach those levels I'll be ecstatic. Anyone had any success with Reina not being ****?

I'm really struggling with Liverpool.

Tried 1st time and got sacked in Feb, was doing well in Europe but struggled a bit in the league, thought it was a very harsh sacking though!

Second time round I'm in December....I got knocked out of the Europa league at the qualifying stage and out of the C1 cup 3rd round to Swansea.

I think I've only won one game by more than a goal and just feel completely vulnerable every game!

I've found most FM's quite easy...but this one has got me so far!

I'm really struggling with Liverpool.

Tried 1st time and got sacked in Feb, was doing well in Europe but struggled a bit in the league, thought it was a very harsh sacking though!

Second time round I'm in December....I got knocked out of the Europa league at the qualifying stage and out of the C1 cup 3rd round to Swansea.

I think I've only won one game by more than a goal and just feel completely vulnerable every game!

I've found most FM's quite easy...but this one has got me so far!

What sort of formation/tactical setup are you using? If you are struggling you could check out my earlier post here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/320526-FM13-Liverpool-F.C-Thread-The-future-s-so-bright-you-have-to-wear-sunglasses?p=8323491&viewfull=1#post8323491

It details my tips for the first season and with enough luck you can win a trophy or two (or three as I did).

2012/13 Season done and Dusted.

6th in EPL

FA Cup Winner

Quarter Final Capital One

Second knockout Round in Euro Cup

Leading scorer Ademilson with 21 Goals, 10 assists.

Complete list of transfers.

finaltransfer1213.jpg

My review..

Side was rather solid most of the time, but when we have a bad game, it was bad! A couple of 5-0 smashing we got were evident of this. Some great young talent coming through, trying to train a few players in new positions so I can use there talent, like Sterling to MR! Young forwards yet to develop, however doing a fine job so far, Ademilson a great talent.

We only lost 7 games, Drawn heaps though and only finished on 69 Points.

my main squad is set, so will spend the 40m tranfer kitty on 10 or so youth players, no need to sign stars, I did try to get Neymar, had a 40m bid accepted, however Man C offered him some 150k per week, I could not match it :(.

Clearing out my squad, freeing up wages and trying to get some cash for those good youths.

Hi all,

having great success with liverpool with the Braumillers 550 formation as it suits the liverpool squad so well, hard to get used to as plays no strikers!

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/327902-FM-13.1-Braumiller-s-550

with regards to questions above to player sales i have been able to sell the following players in a couple of sales for the following figures

Reina - 22.5m to arsenal

Enrique 12.5 to spurs

Skrtel 16m to either Juve or Fulham!

Johnson 20m to chelsea

Kelly 7.5 - 10m to either reading or chelsea

Lucas 25m to city or chelsea

Allen 5 - 7.5m to spurs

Shelvey 5-7.5m

Assaidi 7.5 ajax / wba

Downing 20m fulham

Henderson 5m

J Cole 500k

B Jones 500k

Doni 1.2m city

Suarez 35m Chelsea

Boroni 9 - 11m juve

Spearing 1m

Coates 14m

Carroll (season 2 9 - 11m to spurs or wolves )

NOW, i didnt sell all these players on the same save as if i did that there would be no save lol, but for the above formation which has no strikers you can if you want play the first season without signing anybody because the squad you have is set up for that formation. In work at the mo but will post later who i sold and brought in for my first full season that i came 3rd in prem!

Gonna have a break from FM for awhile i tried to play another team but for some reason Liverpool is the only team i can play may start again once the new update is out which is around march good luck in your games

Gonna have a break from FM for awhile i tried to play another team but for some reason Liverpool is the only team i can play may start again once the new update is out which is around march good luck in your games

Can't blame you for that, I'm probably gonna wait until the end of January and then just use the editor like you did with Sturridge. On a side note it feels like 4-5 years ago with the David Villa rumors yet I'd still take him in the team

Hi all,

having great success with liverpool with the Braumillers 550 formation as it suits the liverpool squad so well, hard to get used to as plays no strikers!

with regards to questions above to player sales i have been able to sell the following players in a couple of sales for the following figures

Reina - 22.5m to arsenal

Enrique 12.5 to spurs

Johnson 20m to chelsea

Allen 5 - 7.5m to spurs

Shelvey 5-7.5m

Assaidi 7.5 ajax / wba

Downing 20m fulham

Henderson 5m

J Cole 500k

B Jones 500k

Doni 1.2m city

Suarez 35m Chelsea

Boroni 9 - 11m juve

Spearing 1m

Coates 14m

NOW, i didnt sell all these players on the same save as if i did that there would be no save lol, but for the above formation which has no strikers you can if you want play the first season without signing anybody because the squad you have is set up for that formation. In work at the mo but will post later who i sold and brought in for my first full season that i came 3rd in prem!

Who were your three attackers and how did they do?

Hi all,

Reina - 22.5m to arsenal

Enrique 12.5 to spurs

Johnson 20m to chelsea

Allen 5 - 7.5m to spurs

Shelvey 5-7.5m

Assaidi 7.5 ajax / wba

Downing 20m fulham

Henderson 5m

J Cole 500k

B Jones 500k

Doni 1.2m city

Suarez 35m Chelsea

Boroni 9 - 11m juve

Spearing 1m

Coates 14m

Who were your three attackers and how did they do?

Has anyone found since the last update that being Liverpool is very easy? Since the update I have played two season. I am unbeaten in the premier league for two year, in fact i've only drawn five games in those two season. In the first season since the update I won the League, Champions League, FA Cup, League Cup and Community Shield. In the second season I won everything, League, Champios league, FA Cup, League Cup, Community Shield, Super Cup and World Club Cup, not losing a match all season in any competiton. I've done this all on pretty much the same squad since I took over 4 years ago. The only real additions are Wilshire and Insigne. Suso is now a beast and worth £25m and Sterling £18m. Borini is a goal machine and scores 35+ a season. Before the update I had finished 3rd in my first season and 2nd in the second season. As much as I love winning everything it just seems a little unreal that Liverpools current squad can win so much and so easy. Its starting to take the fun and enjoyment out of the game. Has anyone found the same with there games?

Finally got rid of Carroll, sent him on loan to FCP (where he somehow starts every game) with a £10m clause to buy him at any point during the loan.

Started the season well, been forced to resort to a 4231 as Gerrard is out injured for a while and I'm not keen on a 433 with Lucas, Wanyama and Allen/Maher in. Is allowing me to utilise Wellington Nem at AMC though as opposed to on a flank which is good. Beat Juventus 2-0 in the Super Cup with them barely troubling me at all, and followed that with a convincing 3-0 win at home against an Arsenal team that on paper looks exceptional. Just got a 3-0 win at home to Zenit in the CL aswell, big relief ahead of an away game at Old Toilet and considering my group is potentially a tough one (Zenit, Wolfsburg, Galatasaray).

2012/13 Season done and Dusted.

6th in EPL

FA Cup Winner

Quarter Final Capital One

Second knockout Round in Euro Cup

Leading scorer Ademilson with 21 Goals, 10 assists.

Complete list of transfers.

finaltransfer1213.jpg

My review..

Side was rather solid most of the time, but when we have a bad game, it was bad! A couple of 5-0 smashing we got were evident of this. Some great young talent coming through, trying to train a few players in new positions so I can use there talent, like Sterling to MR! Young forwards yet to develop, however doing a fine job so far, Ademilson a great talent.

We only lost 7 games, Drawn heaps though and only finished on 69 Points.

my main squad is set, so will spend the 40m tranfer kitty on 10 or so youth players, no need to sign stars, I did try to get Neymar, had a 40m bid accepted, however Man C offered him some 150k per week, I could not match it :(.

Clearing out my squad, freeing up wages and trying to get some cash for those good youths.

How did Dybala do for you? Playing about with an Ipswich save and bought him. Still young, but can't get him firing. Any luck?

How did Dybala do for you? Playing about with an Ipswich save and bought him. Still young, but can't get him firing. Any luck?

He is my back up, yet to play in my current season, last season he got 2 goals in 4 games, his determination and anticipation are to low. Hoping to use him as a cash cow, get 1-2 more seasons in to him, sell him for double what I paid.

Doesn't dybala have an abysmal determination stat? Just couldn't stand to work with that.

Yeah he does, I just recruited a promising 16 year old forward, who get's picked over Dybala, lol..

Starting over

Before I re-re-start my Liverpool game I've made a couple of changes; first I'd added the Joe Cole to West Ham for near the start of the game and Sturridge for the same time.

I've also added Erimus1876's AI development project and school leagues databases. The idea was to replace the reserve leagues in the major European countries with more of an academy which treats reserve games as competitive matches to see how the AI develops talented regens instead of letting them rot. It will also help the player because if you get a 4-5 star rated regen coming through at the age of 15-16 you don't need to rush them into senior games, you can just make them available to academy matches and put them on a set training program. Or thats meant to be the idea

Archived