FM13 Liverpool F.C Thread - The future's so bright, you have to wear sunglasses

cezar.sl

I have been very impressed with Sturridge so far this season, him up top with Borini / Suarez on either side behind has been excellent. Having said this, he's just got a short injury for me so I had a bit of a re-jig and got a Borini up top Suarez / Downing in behind for a home game vs. QPR and I won 8-1!!! That's my biggest league win on this new FM by a long way.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right so I started a game with Liverpool. Didn't make too many changes first season. Brought in Bolatti on loan and Wellington Nem. Out the door went Downing on loan, Johnson for 23m & Joe Cole on a free transfer.

I was hoping for a top 4 finish. To my surprise I managed to hit the ground running with Suarez playing as a Treq, first half of the season he couldn't stop scoring. Second half of the season he slowed down a bit missing all sorts of chances so rotated him for Borini and had Fabio Borini up top as an Advanced Forward and he is so good! Got 2 goals for me in a 2-1 away win at Old Trafford. I Ended up finishing 2nd only 2 points off the top.

Suarez got 18 league goals

Borini finished with 10.

Second season I decided Suarez wasn't clinical enough to play upfront and not quite suited to AML so I sold him to Chelsea for 34m, Skrtel to Bayern for 20m and Carroll to Athletico for 8.75. So far I have bought Falcao (transfer listed) for 25m, Alaba for 18m, Butland for 4m, and Insigne on a free. Still need a right back, back up holding midfielder and another centre back and an advanced playmaker

Third season in....

Did the double. FA and Lge. Even beat Man U on the last day 4-3 with a 91st minute penalty, converted by Stevie G, you cant write things like this.

My Team for the season was as follows:

GK: Hart, Butland

RB: Johnson, Vrsaljko

LB: Enrique, Jose Angel

CB: Kelly, Agger, Skrtel

DM: Lucas, Pogba

CM: Gerrard, Honda, Allen, Henderson, Shelvey, Dembele

AML: Sterling, Sturridge, Ibe

AMR: Nem, Walcott

ST: Suarez

Nem had a season rating of 7.8, Kelly is a beast at Centre Half with a season rating of 7.70, amongst many other great performances.

Hmm, i have the options of the following commercial partnerships:

Seattle (USA) 886k

DC United (USA) 2.6mill

Houston Dynamo (USA) 3mill

Chicago Fire (USA) 2.6mill

Antlers (top japan club) 2.44mill

Any thoughts on who i should choose? Logic is the more you pay the more merchandising income i should receive, but who knows with FM :)

Houston is a poo hole, don't do them. Chicago is a cool place and football really seems to have taken in Seattle with the sounders. DC are a big club but I think they already have a partnership with someone, so you might have to share them. I'd go with Antlers, Japan is a good footy market, should make money. Don't know how much of this makes a difference on FM tho.

On one of my Liverpool saves I've won every game against Man Utd playing a 4-5-1 on the counter.

Yup, try and play them on the break, that's the only way I can do it (with the current LFC squad), just beat them 1-2 away from home in my last game actually.

Houston is a poo hole, don't do them. Chicago is a cool place and football really seems to have taken in Seattle with the sounders. DC are a big club but I think they already have a partnership with someone, so you might have to share them. I'd go with Antlers, Japan is a good footy market, should make money. Don't know how much of this makes a difference on FM tho.

What season did you get this in? Every time i've tried that the board always find no one :(

Hmm, i have the options of the following commercial partnerships:

Seattle (USA) 886k

DC United (USA) 2.6mill

Houston Dynamo (USA) 3mill

Chicago Fire (USA) 2.6mill

Antlers (top japan club) 2.44mill

Any thoughts on who i should choose? Logic is the more you pay the more merchandising income i should receive, but who knows with FM :)

How did you get this? The board never find anyone for me when I look for commercial partnerships

Huh, commercial prices seem to be random, testing again Seattle came back with 2.4mill on one save, and 886k on another save.

A month later the merchandising income is practically the same....

Did you load up the American leagues or something? Not that it should matter because I've got Croatian feeder clubs and their league isn't loaded

2020 Season Finished.

josev2.jpg

Known as god this guy is for me, from the AMR position.

59 apps, 27Gls, 37Assists.

Valued over 40m.

My Liverpool side took the Premier League, Won ECC, Semi Final FA Cup, 4th Round Capital Cup, Runner up Community Shield.

My leading striker.

georges.jpg

2020 start of season, the opener against Chelsea.

Chelsea Head Coach Valverde, gave me some lip, stating my team were mid table at best..

I gave him some lip back, telling him he is lazy as he get's his staff to do everything.

Then on to the match.

idestroyedchelsea.jpg

Destroyed!

2020 start of season, the opener against Chelsea.

Chelsea Head Coach Valverde, gave me some lip, stating my team were mid table at best..

I gave him some lip back, telling him he is lazy as he get's his staff to do everything.

Then on to the match.

idestroyedchelsea.jpg

Destroyed!

Always nice to see, is your team all regens?

Always nice to see, is your team all regens?

At that time of screenshot, no. Wilshere was only non Regen, but trying to re-sign him, he wanted over 200k a week, board had restrictions, no matter what I did I could not get him to sign!

I sold him off a couple of week later, only got 40m. I never replaced him, used a 18 year old Regen in his place, that has improved so much since playing regularly. So all is good, I am 40m better off, over 200k better off too on wages.

Gone back to my Liverpool save, got rid of Cole and Downing on loan for a combined total of £250kp/m, signed Wellington Nem for £3.5m then asked my board for more money and he gave me £15m, which I let my DoF Paulo Futre do with what he wished and he acquired Mapou Yanga Mbiwa from Montpellier for £13.75m. He then signed Carlos Fierro for £3.7m and Adryan for £875k on my orders.

We easily made it to the group stage in the Europa League dispatching of AGF and FC Midtjylland comfortably. We've made an unbeaten and unspectacular start to the PL this season, drawing 0-0 with Fulham and beating QPR and Swansea 1-0 each. Wellington Nem has been the standout performer so far, and performance wise the results have been pretty comfortable, the 0-0 aside. It'll be interesting to see if we can step it up against the 'larger' teams in the league though.

Here's my current starting lineup, I like to rotate occasionally though;

GK; Reina

CB; Agger

CB; Skrtel

CB; Yanga Mbiwa

WBR; Johnson

WBL; Enrique

MC; Sahin

MC; Lucas

MC; Henderson

AMC; Gerrard

ST; Suarez

While waiting for SI to get back in touch with me, I've come up with a way to at least get the game to load for a little bit. But there probably won't be time for a month by month break down until the season has ended.

I December I won all my matches apart from a 2:1 defeat to Chelsea and ended the month top of the table and into the semi finals of the capital one cup. I've managed to sign Neymar for the summer and have spent the month swapping between my 4-2-3-1 and the 4-4-2 I'll be using from next season onwards, this was simply to get Fierro and Yesil more game time.

In January I beat Watford and Stoke to get into the next round of the FA cup and beat Wolves over two legs to get into the finals of the Capital one Cup. The league was a little worse, I only won one league game this month and lost the other two dropping me into second place.

Yesil is topping my goal scoring charts with 19 goals, Falcao is in second with 17 and Fierro has 15 so far

He is a Regen, think the Bio is just made up, Bio's are always funny on my game..

Only mentioned the bio thing because I've never seen one set before the regen actually comes into the game around 16 years old. Looks amazing though 82 goals in 60 matches and he's not even finished developing.

Only mentioned the bio thing because I've never seen one set before the regen actually comes into the game around 16 years old. Looks amazing though 82 goals in 60 matches and he's not even finished developing.

Here is his career.

georgescareer.jpg

Last 2 seasons has been simply awesome.

And just FYI, he is only the second best player at my squad.

Here is the best

jose2021.jpg

josecareer2021.jpg

He plays AMR, I have a AML regen developing that is suppose to be better!

Ive given up wont play another save until the March update is out just when it looked like i had a good tactic i get the sack def the hardest version of FM ive played in the series thats the challenge to get a good tactic going i wont be playing as another team dont interest me good luck in your saves then again you never know

Quite remarkable considering his finishing stat. Get that tuned up and you have one heck of a player :eek:

He is at his max PA!!

I just looked, I never use any external program, but I had to check his CA/PA, not as high as I thought.. He is maxed though.

Despite the annoying problems with loading my saved game, I've managed to finish the 2014-2015 season

Premier league: 2nd place

Champions league: Semi Finals

FA cup: Quarter finals

Capital one Cup: Winners

Charity Shield: Winners

Taking away the purchase of Ter Stegen to replace Butland as my number 1 keeper in January and there was very little transfer movement for me this year, compared to eventual winners Man City who spent who spent £90m this year without selling anyone of note. I think unless you have a world class team in this game you do need to continually improve on it year in and year out. This isn't just because I didn't win the league for the third time in a row, it was something I noticed during my long term save.

That being said a few players had a great year for me;

Top goal scorers: Falcao 30, Yesil 25, Fierro 22, Shaqiri 17, Sterling 16

I already know what I'm doing in terms of formation for next season, since I'm dropping the 4-2-3-1 for a 4-4-2, a few players are already leaving and Neymar is coming in for sure. I've worked on my attack over the past few summers so this year will see me sort out the defence, with center backs being my main focus on players coming in.

First XI Second XI Reserves

McGregor Green Nasa (5 star pot)

Johnson Kelly McLaughlin

Skrtel Wilson Jones

Coates Bocchetti Hendrix

Robinson Cresswell Pelosi

Bolatti Wisdom Coady

Gerrard Shelvey Suso

Henderson Allen Lussey

Yarmolenko Sterling Ibe

Lennon Thomsen Morgan

Suarez Borini Yesil

Won league unbeaten 2013-14, won Champions League but was shocking in domestic cups. Sold Reina and Lucas for £50m, trusting on McGregor and Bolatti/Wisdom to hold my fort.

2015-2016 season build up: Tactics, transfers, pre-season squad depth

Tactics

Last season was the end of my three years of using a 4-2-3-1 and the only thing I won was the league cup which I think showed it was starting to fail. Baring a massive failure on my part this season will see the start of 3-ish years of a 4-4-2 formation being used. The main reason for going with a 4-4-2 is that I've got so many god damn strikers in my team I really have to play it. Also the few times I've swapped to it, my wingers still got an impressive amount of goals in the games.

Transfers

Out:

Danny Wilson: £10m - Newcastle: Rated at 4.5 stars at the start of last season and 4.5 star potential he displaced Skrtel in my defence and played alongside Coates. Imagine my shock then, come April when I went to re-new his contract and saw he only had a 2 star rating and a 2.5 star potential. I'm not sure what caused the sudden drop, but it meant he was going because there's no way a player who is only classed as 'decent' is getting 80+k a week from me

Sturridge: £22m - Man City: A player I really like and signed a new contract at the start of last season, he then spent the entire season injured with two hamstring injuries and a damaged foot. He went from being a 5 star striker to a 3 star striker and I had a message from one of the Liverpool staff saying his injuries had ruined his potential. It's a pity because I like Sturridge and if it weren't for his injuries I would have kept him and sold Falcao. The sale seems like a good move because he's picked up another hamstring injury for City in their pre-season

Shelvey: £15m - Valencia: He just never seemed to develop or improve that much, although the game time pushed his price right up for me. An attacking mid who scores 8 goals in 103 matches isn't that great to me

Skrtel: £12m - Gladbach: Unless an old player is still amazing I don't pay them over 80k a week which is what he was asking for

Agger: £10 - Real Madrid: See Skrtel

Zaha: £7m - West Brom: Supposedly an advanced foward full of potential when I bought him at the start of the game. Three years on he has a finishing stat of 10, composure stat of 10 and a creativity stat of 8. Hardly worth looking at for a 22 year old striker. Last season he was at Blackburn on loan and scored 3 goals in 27 matches for them, all in the league. A 1 in 9 striker is crap.

Allen: £17.5m - Dortmund. Pretty much the Sturridge situation again, 5 injuries over one season which meant he missed most of it has destroyed him, his mental stats are still great which is why the price stayed high but again he's dropped to a 2 star player and was on 80+k a week at this point.

Gerrard: Free - His career was over and never got a look in over Gotze and Suso.

Players sold worth = £94m. There's also 7 youth players on loan

In

Neymar: £42m - I spent months tapping him up in the press and eventually got Santos to half their asking price for him. He took Gerrard's age when he retired so it's all good

L'Ami: £1m - A Dutch center back/defensive mid regen from Utrecht, he's 18 so he's got awhile to develop yet

Villagra £3m - A 15 year old Spanish regen striker from Atletico. Wasn't actually the striker I wanted to buy for the future but a 16 year old from Real wanted 30k a week from me, boosted to 50k a week after 10 matches. This guy looks good though, he's in the reserves right now and will probably see the cup games at best

Kyriakos Papadopoulos £20m - I needed a new defender to replace the out going ones, and this guy is young and ****ing great

Varane: £15m - After buying Agger from me, this guy handed in a transfer request from Madrid, everyone knows who he is, so there's no need to mention anything here other than why not?

Pre-season

Liverpool 1:1 Tinajin

Liverpool 4:0 Dalian Shide

Liverpool 4:2 Leicester

Liverpool 2:1 Almeria

Liverpool 3:1 Malaga

So a pretty good pre-season by all accounts

Squad depth

Goal Keepers: Ter Stegen, Butland, Lapuerta (youth)

Fullbacks: Coentrao, Kelly, Robinson, McLaughlin, Henderson

Centerbacks: Coates, Varane, Papadoploulos, Kelly, Simos (youth intake), L'Ami (youth), Bartels

Center Midfield: Henderson, Gotze, Suso, Bartels, Sven (youth), Faaborg, Lamela, Shaqiri

Wingers: Sterling, Lamela, Shaqiri, Schurrle, Ibe, Suso, Gotze, Neymar, Boyham

Strikers: Falcao, Neymar, Fierro, Yesil, Benzia, Boyham (youth), Villagra (youth)

September

Premier league

Liverpool 1:0 Wolves; Lamela 65

Liverpool 3:3 Bolton; Neymar 20, 25, 65; Sordell 14, 59, Vellios 82

Liverpool 2:1 Man Utd; Schurrle 30, 37; Jones 91

Champions league

Bayern 5:2 Liverpool; Rodrigo 12, Rodriguez 22, Martinez 37, Coentrao og 67; Shaqiri 10, Benzia 76

Liverpool 4:1 Austria Wein; Suso 19, Fierro 42, 89, L'Ami 72; Saurer 57

Capital one Cup

Liverpool 3:0 Coventry; Yesil 62, Benzia 71, Schurrle 92

The goal stats have gone batshit mental, its coming up with Fierro having scored 12 goals in 11 games, when he's got 3 in 6 games, I haven't even played 11 games yet. And it's saying Neymar has 14 goals in 8 games when he's really scored 5 in 5

Successful 2021/22 Season.

Won EPL

Won ECC (Yet to play, but I am confident)

Won Capital Cup

Won Charity

Won Club WC

Won Euro Super Cup

4th Round FA Cup (in our bad run of games, 7 first team injuries)

So not bad..

Wages have gone up so much, my goal is to be world's best, and also be the richest, it is so hard due to wages!

Successful 2021/22 Season.

Won EPL

Won ECC (Yet to play, but I am confident)

Won Capital Cup

Won Charity

Won Club WC

Won Euro Super Cup

4th Round FA Cup (in our bad run of games, 7 first team injuries)

So not bad..

Wages have gone up so much, my goal is to be world's best, and also be the richest, it is so hard due to wages!

Great season man, the wages thing is a pain. Somehow they know how much money you have :rolleyes:

Final chance at a new save

Ever since I deleted my long term save and started again, due to frustrations at not getting a new stadium I've had nothing but problems with the game. Things went to crap on a few new saves, I started again and put the Sturridge/Cole transfers through and then I had a nightmare loading the game up from 2014 onwards. I think it has something to do with the amount of database changes the AI development leagues has.

So here it is, the final chance before I throw the damn game in the bin and laugh......laugh I tell you.

Couple of changes that will be running at the start of the game, the Sturridge/Cole transfers are still edited in as is the Coutinho transfer as from what I can tell it's pretty much going through

2012 Build up

Here I am again. I'm going for a 4-3-3 with the game in my first season and if it goes well I'll stick with it before swapping to my 4-2-3-1 later on. I dont now what it is about FM 2013 but I've never had a 4-3-3 work on it, despite having them being awesome on last years game and I'm determined to make one work for Liverpool at the start.

I've got my transfers done because in the first season you make the same ones due to the limited budget, I'll include the ones that were always in the editor, but without the usual statements I make on them.

In

Sturridge - £12m

Butland £4m

Fierro £4m

Nem £3.5

Coutinho £10m

Out

Cole - West Ham £3m

Downing - Fulham £15m

The programmed transfers have left Liverpool a little on the poor side, but I usually sell on Johnson in January and Reina in the next summer so I don't mind too much

How my team looks in order of selection;

Keeper: Reina, Doni (unless sold), Butland

Right wingback: Johnson, Kelly, Mclaughlin

Centerback: Skrtel, Agger, Coates, Carragher, Wilson,

Left wingback: Enrique, Robinson, Johnson

Defensive mid: Lucas, Sahin, Allen, Henderson

Center Mid: Gerrard, Allen, Sahin, Henderson, Coutinho, Suso, Shelvey

AML/Left inside forward: Suarez, Sterling, Assaidi, Suso, Pacheco

AMR/Right inside forward: Borini, Nem, Assaidi, Suso, Pacheco

Striker: Sturridge, Yesil, Fierro, Suarez, Borini

Suarez and Borini will be playing out wide with instructions to cut inside and roam from position clicked, and Sturridge through the middle because thats how I think Rodgers will be playing them

Took me 10 years to get one on my save. Not even in my name either.. Played two home games in it so far, revenue gone up a bit.

I got around 8 years on mine before restarting. I was annoyed because I was rich in it and pretty much had 99% attendance in the 55,000 seating one I got in my second season every year after they expanded Anfield. How big is your new stadium? Not sure if you've already mentioned

Archived