FM13 Liverpool F.C Thread - The future's so bright, you have to wear sunglasses

cezar.sl

Starting over

Before I re-re-start my Liverpool game I've made a couple of changes; first I'd added the Joe Cole to West Ham for near the start of the game and Sturridge for the same time.

I've also added Erimus1876's AI development project and school leagues databases. The idea was to replace the reserve leagues in the major European countries with more of an academy which treats reserve games as competitive matches to see how the AI develops talented regens instead of letting them rot. It will also help the player because if you get a 4-5 star rated regen coming through at the age of 15-16 you don't need to rush them into senior games, you can just make them available to academy matches and put them on a set training program. Or thats meant to be the idea

Ive set him to Join West Ham from Jan 1st & the same with Sturridge also added Ince though not deal hasnt been done yet

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ive set him to Join West Ham from Jan 1st & the same with Sturridge also added Ince though not deal hasnt been done yet

I've only added Sturridge now because I usually play Suarez on the left as an inside forward, and I think when the transfer update comes out he'll be in the team already if you start a new game. Or thats how I remember it happening with the Suarez, Carroll and Torres transfers

Formation-Pre-season-Transfers

I've swapped back into the deep 4-2-3-1 that saw me win the league the last time i restarted, and has the center two midfielders sitting in the DM positions. It also has the wide two players as wingers, but they cut inside just like inside forwards. Apart from that it's a 4-2-3-1 that has the 3 as an AML/AMC/AMR and a poacher just off of them.

Pre-season

I'm interested to see how the School of Excellence games affect Suso, Shelvey, Sterling, Robinson, Yesil and Fierro when they aren't playing league games all the time throughout the first season or two for me. I'll stick Pacheco in here too just for the sake of it

Liverpool 3:0 Liverpool Reserves

Liverpool 2:0 Goias

Transfers

Out

Joe Cole - West Ham - £3m. That's what I've heard the fee was for him, although I'm not sure if West Ham paid it or what Liverpool needed to pay Cole to get him off the books. So I stuck it in the editor

Downing - Reading - £15m. They've com in quite regularly for him in the past few Liverpool saves I've started. Gone for the simple reasons; don't rate him, don't like him, overpaid

Doni - Man City - £4m. Not a particularly great second keeper to have, especially since I bring a young English one in.

In

Daniel Sturridge - £12m. As I said before, this and the Joe Cole deals were done in the editor, so go me

Fierro - £4m. I try and give myself four strikers when I play as Liverpool, now I've got Borini, Sturridge, Fierro and Yesil. I don't count Suarez because I usually have him as a AML/AMR or the AMC instead.

Butland - £4m. Another player I've taken to including when I start a new Liverpool save. Stupidly high potential and will probably replace Reina next summer as my number one, when I sell the Spaniard.

Zaha - £5m. A strange deal for me, I'd originally tried to bring in Ben Arfa for £14m over four years, but he went to Chelsea because I wouldn't pay him 92k a week. I've never bough Zaha from Crystal Palace before and never heard of anyone who has, so it'll be interesting to see how he develops on the wing for me.

I'll be on this after I've watched the FA cup games

As usual ive started crap no wins in 7 league games just lost 6-2 to Swansea but not giving up if i start again ill tone Gerrards injury proneness down as i doubt he gets the injures he gets in the game in irl

Hmm, should i bring Kuyt back on 60k a week wages just to tutor?

He wont get any game time but he has fantastic hidden stats and determination so would make a great tutor, but his wages do put me off :(

over £3million a year for tutoring? nah... not worth it.. plenty of players with great mentals and hidden stats.

Just finished my first season on FM13 with Liverpool.. Finished 5th in prem and was un defeated at home, went on to win the Euro cup and lost to spurs on pen's in the FA cup semi..

Let Carragher go as his contract was up even tho he managed a 7.21 rating, kinda regret it as he was only asking 20k to resign for another season.. Nearly signed James Tomkins for 13 mill from West Ham but spent the money else where, got 33 mill from the board to spend..

Started the new season with a 4-1 over Utd in the Super cup, happy days.. ;)... started the new season with 100% record..

August

Premier league

Liverpool 2:1 Everton; Gerrard 10, Allen 75; Jagielka 12

Liverpool 2:2 Norwich; Gerrard 45, Sturridge 47; Holt 18, Surman 51

Europa league qualifiers

Liverpool 5:0 Kalmar FF; Suarez 5, 31, Borini 21, Sturridge 59, Skrtel 77

Liverpool 6:0 Kalmar FF; Shelvey pen 6, Yesil 24, 53, Pacheco 29, 34, Suso 89

Liverpool 3:1 Molde FK: Borini 5, Pacheco 50, Fierro 84; Agan 62

Liverpool 2:0 Molde FK; Robinson 3, Sterling 45

over £3million a year for tutoring? nah... not worth it.. plenty of players with great mentals and hidden stats.

You'd think so, but for strikers they are really hard to find and the few i have tried want even more wages or their clubs want over 10 million ;(

You'd think so, but for strikers they are really hard to find and the few i have tried want even more wages or their clubs want over 10 million ;(

Keep Borini, if you can keep the game tight like i do, you wont score many but you also wont conceed many, Borini for me scores more freely than Suarez so i would actually let Suarez go if i got the right amount. It may be down to my tactics but considering i dominate some games with over 60% and have nearly 30 shots at goal i should at least expect 1 in 2 from Suarez which i don't get..

Season 2013/14

So I cut all the dead wood and complainers etc..

Signed quite a few, here are the most notable transfers..

Out

Carrol - Stoke - 5.25m

Suso - Q.P.R - 800k

Spearing - Middleborough - 3.6m

Pacheco - Norwich - 2.7m

Cole - Q.P.R - 1.5

Assaidi - A.C.Milan - 6.75m

Ins

1314tranfersins.jpg

Despite my spending spree, balance at seasons end is projected in the positives!

Reasonable start to season, P5-W4-L1 in Premiership, played Euro cup and won all of those too. Destro fitted in like a warm fuzzy glove and is leading the scoring charts(5) and second highest rating average(7.67).

Alex has had 1 run, impressed greatly and achieved a match rating of 8.20.

Last seasons biggest signing Davide Stanton was a gold signing, doing wonderful for me, 7.47 average. I signed him for 15m, and now his potential has gone up to 5Star!

I signed Scott Malone, he is a 2 star player, however he is doing very well, he has in fact been my ML regular.

Next up is Roma at Anfield in the Euro Cup..

Gerrard has become a liability, get's injured often and tires easily..

This is in 2013, so he is 31??

Move him into a coaching role, he's really injury prone and I've found in the second season he drops quite quickly in terms on ability. Buy Isco from Malaga or a new attacking mid if you play with one

Borini has your AMC is an interesting choice, especially has he has the skills to be a great poacher. Surprised you've got the players you have with some of your league placements.

@glenn28 I've found a 4-3-3 stupidly hard to get working in this game, hopefully you'll have better luck

Sterling has been labeled the next Chris Waddle in my game :( I think I'm offended

I made another transfer that wasn't included above, I brought Coentrao from Madrid for £15m over 4 years because Enrique picked up a bad injury

"Howard Webb has been appointed referee for Manchester United v Liverpool on Sunday 13th January..."

Talk about handicap in that upcoming Scum Utd match :D

Oh.. and did play few games in the season last night.. somehow having troubles getting into the save again!

"Howard Webb has been appointed referee for Manchester United v Liverpool on Sunday 13th January..."

Talk about handicap in that upcoming Scum Utd match :D

Oh.. and did play few games in the season last night.. somehow having troubles getting into the save again!

Now all we need is that old tramp opening his mouth about Suarez as usual :rolleyes:

Thats why I started a new game haha, and typically Sahin picked up an injury that leaves him out for 9 months. Oh well he can go back to Madrid

Yeah.. I slowly progressing through the off season.. maybe get into the actual "season" in the weekend or by next week.

Not going to start all over again since somewhat happy with the talent I got in the team.

October

Premier league

Liverpool 2:1 Sunderland; Suarez 18, Gerrard 29; Saha 88

Liverpool 4:2 Southampton; Sturridge 31, 88, Zaha 35, Suso 73; Lallana 20, Clyne 23

Europa league

Liverpool 2:1 Trabzonspor; Fierro 37, Suso 88; Altintop 57

Liverpool 5:1 Helsinki; Sterling pen 42, 84, Kelly 72, Fierro 80, 87; Savage 24

Capital one Cup

Liverpool 0:0 Man City.

Man City win on penalties 6-5. Scored for Liverpool; Borini, Agger, Henderson, Sturridge, Enrique. Missed for Liverpool; Suarez, Johnson, Assaidi. Scored for Man City; Tevez, Zabaleta, Milner, Kolarov, Toure, Maicon. Missed for Man City; Muller, other Toure

The serious lack of through balls is really annoying me again. Several times a match my players are in great positions and i just know that in the last ME they would have threaded a throughball yet this ME feels like it forces players to forget throughballs and just whack it from long range :(

Dont think anyones had any luck with Suso, he just doesn't seem to develop enough

He's doing fairly well for me, but my coaches don't think he's got much improvement in him, and he's only rated 3-stars (same as Adryan, but Suso is the better player at the moment). I play him as CM, but he did well in the AML slot for me in the first half of last season (season 2) before Tottenham offered to loan him for their First Team and pay his wages plus a handsome loan fee. Since he came back he's been excellent, but I think he's definitely one of the weaker members of the squad.

The serious lack of through balls is really annoying me again. Several times a match my players are in great positions and i just know that in the last ME they would have threaded a throughball yet this ME feels like it forces players to forget throughballs and just whack it from long range :(

I hadn't had any troubles with this until recently, and now I can barely stomach the football being played. I think I must have been playing Far Cry 3 or Starcraft 2 when the patch came out and didn't realise how serious the problems were. I am still able to win (5-0 in a Ro16 Champions league against FCP at Anfield), but I'm just not enjoying the football produced. With no retention of the ball in the final third (where all my players are) it's making it much harder to control games. Perviously my team would play out from the back with my central midfield and full-backs working forward then ensuring the attacks would be a lot of sustained passing pressure. Now the ball goes forward and then gets launched over the goal or into a defender (which means a quick counter attack, usually). I'm still scoring, but it's pretty ugly. Even the first version of the FM13 ME was better to watch (there were no through-balls, but there was still some decent football played).

He's doing fairly well for me, but my coaches don't think he's got much improvement in him, and he's only rated 3-stars (same as Adryan, but Suso is the better player at the moment). I play him as CM, but he did well in the AML slot for me in the first half of last season (season 2) before Tottenham offered to loan him for their First Team and pay his wages plus a handsome loan fee. Since he came back he's been excellent, but I think he's definitely one of the weaker members of the squad.

I hadn't had any troubles with this until recently, and now I can barely stomach the football being played. I think I must have been playing Far Cry 3 or Starcraft 2 when the patch came out and didn't realise how serious the problems were. I am still able to win (5-0 in a Ro16 Champions league against FCP at Anfield), but I'm just not enjoying the football produced. With no retention of the ball in the final third (where all my players are) it's making it much harder to control games. Perviously my team would play out from the back with my central midfield and full-backs working forward then ensuring the attacks would be a lot of sustained passing pressure. Now the ball goes forward and then gets launched over the goal or into a defender (which means a quick counter attack, usually). I'm still scoring, but it's pretty ugly. Even the first version of the FM13 ME was better to watch (there were no through-balls, but there was still some decent football played).

The problem with Suso is that he seems to degrade stupidly fast in the game, and then takes a long time to build up. He starts off as a 4 star potential player, and yet can quickly become a 2 star potential player by the end of your first season even if you give him games, have him tutored and train him as an attacking mid/ advanced play maker. He's not going to replace Gerrard in the first year so he only really gets cup matches/easier teams, and despite what his positioning says he doesn't have the attributes to be played out wide either. The best solution is doing what zeke did awhile ago and tweaking his stats in the editor slightly.

As for the ME issues a few people are having, I think it's kind of obvious that SI are pushing people to using the shouts more in how they want their teams to play. You see it mentioned a lot in the tactics forum and in the general discussion forums when people ask about it. I haven't noticed my team having a totally different way of playing now than they did before the patch, apart from my attackers being a little more attack minded. I've used the shouts since reading about when to use them, so that could help a lot of people out

November

Premier league

Liverpool 3:1 Wigan; Gerrard 5, 21, Fierro 88; Watson pen 15

Liverpool 3:0 West Ham; Skrtel 43, Yesil 75, Borini 92

Liverpool 1:0 Aston Villa; Suarez 38; Bent missed pen 42

Europa league

Helsinki 4:1 Liverpool; Zaha 13; Thil 2, 68, Savage 69, Wilson og 75

Liverpool 2:1 Rubin Kazan; Sterling 12, Robinson 91; Eremenko 76

The problem with Suso is that he seems to degrade stupidly fast in the game, and then takes a long time to build up. He starts off as a 4 star potential player, and yet can quickly become a 2 star potential player by the end of your first season even if you give him games, have him tutored and train him as an attacking mid/ advanced play maker. He's not going to replace Gerrard in the first year so he only really gets cup matches/easier teams, and despite what his positioning says he doesn't have the attributes to be played out wide either. The best solution is doing what zeke did awhile ago and tweaking his stats in the editor slightly.

As for the ME issues a few people are having, I think it's kind of obvious that SI are pushing people to using the shouts more in how they want their teams to play. You see it mentioned a lot in the tactics forum and in the general discussion forums when people ask about it. I haven't noticed my team having a totally different way of playing now than they did before the patch, apart from my attackers being a little more attack minded. I've used the shouts since reading about when to use them, so that could help a lot of people out

I belive the star-ratings are comparable to the other players in your squad, so if Suso starts off as 4-star and then has less later on, it's most likely because your squad has improved overall.

I've used the shouts since the TC was brought in by SI and I am not able to get my side playing acceptably. I'm still winning, but the lack of good passing (it might be poor movement that causes it, I'm not sure) in the final third makes the football much uglier. It's still relatively effective, it's just that we are playing a lot more like Man Utd than Barcelona now, which is not what I want.

I belive the star-ratings are comparable to the other players in your squad, so if Suso starts off as 4-star and then has less later on, it's most likely because your squad has improved overall.

I've used the shouts since the TC was brought in by SI and I am not able to get my side playing acceptably. I'm still winning, but the lack of good passing (it might be poor movement that causes it, I'm not sure) in the final third makes the football much uglier. It's still relatively effective, it's just that we are playing a lot more like Man Utd than Barcelona now, which is not what I want.

Maybe a bit of both, but I can't see how good your team is affecting it too much, otherwise you could have a player who has a 4-5 star potential but if your squad is great then you're saying his star rating would drop. The amount of stars they're given is based on them and their ability, not your team

Same happened in my last save then won everything

Yup, when I did my long term save I noticed the same thing. Although I was lucky because Atletico gave me Falaco for £24m back then :D. Sturridge and Borini are improving in their stats for me, but not so much their goal scoring so far, so I've been swapping with a 4-4-2 if I'm not winning by halftime with my 4-2-3-1. Weird since I've got Sturridge up to 4.5 stars and 5 star potential

Borini is proving to be somewhat of an Ole Gunner Solsjkaer esque super sub for me in the PL in my 2nd season...4 85+ minute winners from the bench. Seems to be perfect to play the poacher role for 15 or so minutes.

XEUd0.png

Table atm, Newcastle away is my next game, win that and it sets me up brilliantly considering the run of fixtures I have in Dec/Jan/Feb.

December

Premier league

Liverpool 2:0 Man City; Johnson 8, 77

Liverpool 4:1 Newcastle; Gerrard 19, Sturridge 56, Agger pen 70, Yesil 88; Cisse 41

Liverpool 2:0 QPR; Zaha 20, Shelvey 27

Liverpool 1:1 Arsenal; Suarez 62; Giroud 40

Liverpool 4:0 Stoke; Gerrard 45, Sturridge 52, Suso 57, Agger pen 65

Liverpool 4:2 Fulham; Sturridge 8, 16, 21, Assaidi 91; Stokes 38, Williams 79

Europa league

Liverpool 5:2 Trabzonspor; Henderson 1, Sterling 29, Fierro 40, Shelvey 57, Suso 60; Vittek 3, 58

Halfway point thoughts

I've somehow remained unbeaten in the league winning 14 and drawing 2 of the 16 league matches I've played so far, I'm not too sure how I've managed that since I don't really have a consistent goal scorer in the league either, but I've somehow mustered 45 goals there and only let 13 in so far :eek:

In the europa league I finished top mostly thanks to the likes of Sterling and Zaha who have been doing great in the AML/AMR positions when I've played them.

Sturridge and Borini have been rotated in the striker position so far, but both are still under 24, whilst Fierro and Yesil are under 20 and waiting in the wings. The only good thing about my current main two strikers is they can also drop onto the AMR/AML positions if I'm looking to give either Fierro or Yesil a chance, and not play Sterling, Zaha, Assaidi or Suarez there.

Maybe a bit of both, but I can't see how good your team is affecting it too much, otherwise you could have a player who has a 4-5 star potential but if your squad is great then you're saying his star rating would drop. The amount of stars they're given is based on them and their ability, not your team

It is definitely a relative value, I'm just not sure if it's based on your squad or your division (I believe it used to be one and is now the other).

The logic is thus: When you are a crap team, average players would be fantastic signings, but when you are a top team, those same signings would be completely useless.

ok so i have just picked up fm 2013. tradition is tradition and for the 15th year in a row i choose liverpool and begin :D

so first question. how the hell do i get luis suarez scoring? i play 433. i moved sturridge over in the editor. i am wanting to use Borini suarez and sturridge. help plz?

ok so i have just picked up fm 2013. tradition is tradition and for the 15th year in a row i choose liverpool and begin :D

so first question. how the hell do i get luis suarez scoring? i play 433. i moved sturridge over in the editor. i am wanting to use Borini suarez and sturridge. help plz?

Either Inside Forward on the left (AML) or Treq up forward seem to be his best positions. I also play him a lot at AMR too (Inside Forward-attack regardless of which side).

EDIT: By 4-3-3 do you mean what many refer to as the 4-1-2-2-1? I just assumed you did. I played Suarez as Treq in the first season and he was superb. Not always prolific, but very good nonetheless.

It is definitely a relative value, I'm just not sure if it's based on your squad or your division (I believe it used to be one and is now the other).

The logic is thus: When you are a crap team, average players would be fantastic signings, but when you are a top team, those same signings would be completely useless.

Hmm bizarre because someone like Sterling remains a 5 star potential player in my Liverpool saves and usually fulfills that potential no matter how good the wingers in my team already are, yet Suso seems to drop even when I'm trying to make him become my attacking mid and being tutored.

@Zaffy, I'd agree with Althaz about getting Suarez scoring, a AML/AMR inside forward is your best bet. He's nowhere near clinical on his own in this game despite his form in real life, you'll have periods were he'll go on good runs then massive periods were he won't do much

January

Premier league

Liverpool 1:0 QPR; Skrtel 65

Liverpool 3:0 Swansea; Gerrard 11, 29, Skrtel 61

Liverpool 5:0 Reading; Skrtel 13, 76, Suso 28, Agger pen 54, Suarez 86

Liverpool 1:1 Spurs; Pacheco 85; Dawson 83

Liverpool 1:0 Man Utd; Skrtel 24

FA Cup

Liverpool 1:0 Wigan; Fierro 65

Newcastle 1:0 Liverpool; Ameobi 34

Glenn Johnson has been sold to City for £20m too

sorry family commitments meant no fm for a while boo!

aml role attacking midfielder support gerrard / wellington nem

amc role advanced playmaker Younès Belhanda / Isco

amr role attacking midfielder attack Walter Montivilo (sp - argentina midfielder players dor cruezio of brazil) / could play Suarez there or Borini but sell for funds retraining Sterling to play there as dribbling is a must!

February

Premier league

Liverpool 3:1 Sunderland; Suarez 40, Suso 45, Robinson 76; Saha 30

Spurs 5:1 Liverpool; Borini 33; Gylfi 5, 45, 73, Sosa 7, Adebayor 39

Norwich 4:2 Liverpool; Zaha 27, Sterling 68; Holt 14, Morison pen 41, Johnson 45, Surman53

Liverpool 4:0 Southampton; Suso 22, Sterling 29, Zaha 76, 81

Europa league

Liverpool 3:1 Dynamo Kyiv; Suso 65, Wilson 85, Zaha 88; Raffel 44

Liverpool 2:1 Dynamo Kyiv; Zaha 29, Gerrard pen 44; Pavlo 66

Archived