FM13 Liverpool F.C Thread - The future's so bright, you have to wear sunglasses

cezar.sl

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1st of Jan, 2nd season, I'M TOP!

Even if you buy a top striker, keep Borini, he'll score from anywhere.

Also, finding a proper replacement for Gerrard is gonna be so difficult, I hope Shelvey keeps progressing for me.

Should be able to get Honda on a free now

Just Beat Everton 8-0 hahaha

Haha nice one

sweet, i've just loaded up for half hour before i goto sleep!!

Was it half hr or did it turn in to an hr ? haha

Just got a 31 yr old David Silva on loan for the season :) am paying half his wages 100k but not to bothered as i only pay a 20k monthly fee aswell, can still do a job quality player
Good signing im mostly getting Regans & signing 1 big name a year

Good signing im mostly getting Regans & signing 1 big name a year

Got 2 regens myself

Lewandowski The best striker in the game & a goal scoring machine a must buy

He was great for me in season 2,3,4 but last season wasnt so good

I'm deep into the season 2 transfer window now and am starting to remold my squad. We sneaked in to the Champions League, although it was squeaky bum time as Arsenal (6th place in the league) made it to the CL final. Luckily they lost. This meant the board gave me a nice £33 million transfer budget to play with. The transfer movement so far:

In

Marcelo Estigarribia (Free)

Mattia Destro (Free)

Will Hughes (structured deal: £4mil upfront, £2mil depending on appearances)

Yohan Cabaye (£22 million)

3x 5* UK Regens (£1.3 mil in total)

Out

Jordan Henderson (£4 million)

Assaidi (£5 million)

Andy Carroll (Season loan, they pay 70% of wages)

Brad Jones, Jari Litmanen, Jamie Carragher (Released)

A whole bunch of reserves and U18s (released/contract terminated)

I've got Spearing, Cole, Gulasci and Pacheco all on the transfer list too - hopefully I can shift them before the window. I'm in two minds over Agger. He started performing well towards the end of the season, but he's on sizable wages and his attributes appear to be declining.

I realise I've probably paid over the odds for Cabaye, but as a Lille fan I couldn't resist getting The Dreamboat™. I also have a pretty young midfield so I was looking for a more experienced player to come in. James Milner was transfer listed at £10.5 million and only wanted £60k wages, but aside from a little more versatility, I didn't think he was much of an upgrade over Henderson. Hamsik would've cost me over £45million. :O

Finally, I just need to find a good young goalkeeper to act as backup and get mentoring from Reina. I'm trying to build a squad that will be mostly HG in a few years time, so I was thinking of Butland. Has anyone had experience with him yet?

I'm fairly happy with my squad depth now:

GK: Reina/Gordon/<someone>

DL: Enrique/Robinson

DC: Coates/Agger

DC: Skrtel/Wilson

DR: Coleman/Kelly

DMC: Lucas/Jadson

MC: Gerrard/Shelvey/Adryan

MC: Cabaye/Allen/Hughes

AML: Downing/Estigarribia

AMR: Borini/Sterling

STR: Suarez/Destro/Yesil

It has been a while since i posted in here, but i'm at a point now where i would really appreciate some input from others.

Since i last posted, i had a disappointing second season, finishing 5th in the league, but followed that up in season 3 by winning the league by 13 points with the following lineup.

GK - Berndt Leno

DR - Johnson/McLaughlin

DC - Skrtel/Kelly

DC - Coates/Wilson

DL - Jose Enrique/Robinson

MR - Henderson/Redmond

MC - Lucas Leiva/Allen

MC - Gerrard/Shelvey

ML - Sterling/Suso

ST - Borini/Yesil

ST - David Villa/Dzagoev

Leno has been great for me, keeping the most clean sheets in the Premier League last season, but i have 2 young Scotish keepers (one is 17, the other 19) both with 5 star potential. Last season i loaned one of them out to Milwall in Championship and he played over 40 games for them (he only turned 17 in april at the end of the season). the other i had on the bench and playing in cup matches/reserve matches. The problem i have is that i can't loan either of the 2 young keepers out, and according to my assistant, they are both good enough for the Premier League. So what i'm wondering is do i sell my current number 1 and rotate the 2 younger keepers so that they can get enough game time to develop, or do i keep Leno for another season and risk the possibility that the 2 younger keepers will slow in their development.

It is my aim to get an all british team together, so my heart says to sell Leno and put up with a possibly poor season again, but my head says that i should keep Leno as he is unquestionably the best keeper i have.

if anyone has any input i'd be very grateful.

By the way, my seasonal objective is to qualify for the champions league, which i think i will still have a good chance of doing if i sell Leno, but i don't think i can win the league without him.

I've just won the league for the second time in Season 2. We finished with 96 points and lost only twice, to Swansea and Southampton (my bogey team). Borini was our best player by far with the most goals (22) and assists (12). Skrtel was immense too with the highest average rating in the league (7.77). City were very good again this season and didn't really have any patch of bad form as they did last season so they kept the pressure up right to the end. We beat them 3-1 away to clinch the title with 2 games left. Borini scored the 2 important goals in that match and over the season as a whole.

We reached the semi-final of the Champions Cup but lost on away goals to Barca. We dominated the first game at home and we were two goals up when Messi decided to level it on his own. We then drew 1-1 at the Nou Camp when Agger and Evra both scored OGs. I was less than pleased with that. I don't mind being beaten but when players score stupid own goals, I really get annoyed at the game. We beat United 4-2 on aggregate in the Quarters. We lost the first game 1-0 away with a very good performance, Agger made a terrible mistake for their goal. At home we destroyed them, well in truth Sterling pretty much destroyed them with a brilliant goal at a crucial moment. He dribbled past most of the United defense and midfield and calmly placed the ball to the right. That put us 3-2 up.

I only bought one player in the January transfer window and that was Munoz from Palermo for £6m. He's been very solid when I've played him. I've found that I needed a much bigger squad when competing in the Champions League as my first team players were getting tired a lot. I initially sent Fierro and Adryan on loan but recalled them in January. They've both done very well and I've decided to retrain Fierro as an inside forward as Borini and Ademilson are both better goal scorers. Fierro has played 10 games, scored 12 but that's against weaker opposition. Jovetic started well but broke his foot and was out for 4 months. Since he returned he's been very poor but hopefully he can do better next season. Sterling is a bit of an enigma. He plays brilliantly but his stats haven't improved very much over two seasons. Gerrard has started declining and isn't playing at his usual high standard. He's still a brilliant tutor and there's no question of selling him.

Current squad:

GK: Adler/Butland - Butland is developing quite well but I remain doubtful whether he'll every be good enough. Adler is fairly reliable but keeps very few clean sheets but that may just be my tactics.

RB: Kelly/Flanagan/McLaughlin - Kelly has developed into a very good full back. McLaughlin has 4.5 star potential. Flanagan is a good performer but has reached his potential.

LB: Wilson/Robinson - Wilson is a very solid full-back and a reliable performer. Robinson is better going forward and will be the better player is a few years.

CB: Skrtel/Agger/Coates/Munoz/Doria - Skrtel and Agger are my rocks at the heart of defence. Coates hasn't played as much this year due to Skrtel's form. Doria continues to develop and has been much less nervous and error-prone this season.

CM: Lucas/Allen/Shelvey/Jadson/Short - Short is a 17-year old regen with 5 star potential and he's already at 2 stars. Shelvey has developed into a quality deep-lying playmaker and I managed to increase his acceleration to 10 at last.

AMR: Redmond/Wellington Nem/ Ibe - Redmond had a serious injury so missed the second half of the season. Nem was not nearly as good as last season averaging only 7.2 and not reaching double figures for assists. I think the updated match engine makes it more difficult for inside forwards to be effective. Ibe has done very well when given the chance and has developed a bit more this season. His potential rating remains high.

AMC: Dzagoev/Adryan/Gerrard - Dzagoev is now a beast of a player, similar to Isco but he's fairly inconsistent and when he's playing badly the team struggles to create anything. Adryan has done brilliantly and is surprisingly reliable for his age.

AML: Jovetic/Sterling/Fierro

ST: Borini/Ademilson - Ademilson now has better attributes than Borini after some rapid developement at the start of the season. He's still a bit inconsistent and is not as rounded as Borini or Fierro.

Should be able to get Honda on a free now

Haha nice one

Was it half hr or did it turn in to an hr ? haha

haha was about that yeah!! bit more maybe :p

i missed out on honda. i've a feeling i have too many players now :( here comes the hard part. selling people. it seems nobody is interested in buyin people. well apart from Coates as man city offered me 20 million for him. i rejected tho :) i kinda feel like i should've tho.

sadly im back on shift atm, home by 8am tho :)

Hi lads loading up im ****ed in the champions league just lost 6-2 to Benfica in the 1st leg got 2 away goals hope i can thump them at home in the 2nd leg

Ouch bro, bet it was hard to watch. 4-0 at home to benfica sounds hard but it's not impossible, just make sure not to go all out and i'm sure you'll get it done.

I've just won the league for the second time in Season 2. We finished with 96 points and lost only twice, to Swansea and Southampton (my bogey team). Borini was our best player by far with the most goals (22) and assists (12). Skrtel was immense too with the highest average rating in the league (7.77). City were very good again this season and didn't really have any patch of bad form as they did last season so they kept the pressure up right to the end. We beat them 3-1 away to clinch the title with 2 games left. Borini scored the 2 important goals in that match and over the season as a whole.

We reached the semi-final of the Champions Cup but lost on away goals to Barca. We dominated the first game at home and we were two goals up when Messi decided to level it on his own. We then drew 1-1 at the Nou Camp when Agger and Evra both scored OGs. I was less than pleased with that. I don't mind being beaten but when players score stupid own goals, I really get annoyed at the game. We beat United 4-2 on aggregate in the Quarters. We lost the first game 1-0 away with a very good performance, Agger made a terrible mistake for their goal. At home we destroyed them, well in truth Sterling pretty much destroyed them with a brilliant goal at a crucial moment. He dribbled past most of the United defense and midfield and calmly placed the ball to the right. That put us 3-2 up.

I only bought one player in the January transfer window and that was Munoz from Palermo for £6m. He's been very solid when I've played him. I've found that I needed a much bigger squad when competing in the Champions League as my first team players were getting tired a lot. I initially sent Fierro and Adryan on loan but recalled them in January. They've both done very well and I've decided to retrain Fierro as an inside forward as Borini and Ademilson are both better goal scorers. Fierro has played 10 games, scored 12 but that's against weaker opposition. Jovetic started well but broke his foot and was out for 4 months. Since he returned he's been very poor but hopefully he can do better next season. Sterling is a bit of an enigma. He plays brilliantly but his stats haven't improved very much over two seasons. Gerrard has started declining and isn't playing at his usual high standard. He's still a brilliant tutor and there's no question of selling him.

Current squad:

GK: Adler/Butland - Butland is developing quite well but I remain doubtful whether he'll every be good enough. Adler is fairly reliable but keeps very few clean sheets but that may just be my tactics.

RB: Kelly/Flanagan/McLaughlin - Kelly has developed into a very good full back. McLaughlin has 4.5 star potential. Flanagan is a good performer but has reached his potential.

LB: Wilson/Robinson - Wilson is a very solid full-back and a reliable performer. Robinson is better going forward and will be the better player is a few years.

CB: Skrtel/Agger/Coates/Munoz/Doria - Skrtel and Agger are my rocks at the heart of defence. Coates hasn't played as much this year due to Skrtel's form. Doria continues to develop and has been much less nervous and error-prone this season.

CM: Lucas/Allen/Shelvey/Jadson/Short - Short is a 17-year old regen with 5 star potential and he's already at 2 stars. Shelvey has developed into a quality deep-lying playmaker and I managed to increase his acceleration to 10 at last.

AMR: Redmond/Wellington Nem/ Ibe - Redmond had a serious injury so missed the second half of the season. Nem was not nearly as good as last season averaging only 7.2 and not reaching double figures for assists. I think the updated match engine makes it more difficult for inside forwards to be effective. Ibe has done very well when given the chance and has developed a bit more this season. His potential rating remains high.

AMC: Dzagoev/Adryan/Gerrard - Dzagoev is now a beast of a player, similar to Isco but he's fairly inconsistent and when he's playing badly the team struggles to create anything. Adryan has done brilliantly and is surprisingly reliable for his age.

AML: Jovetic/Sterling/Fierro

ST: Borini/Ademilson - Ademilson now has better attributes than Borini after some rapid developement at the start of the season. He's still a bit inconsistent and is not as rounded as Borini or Fierro.

Congrats

Won the 2nd leg 3-2 but lost 8-5 on agg so out of the champions league now have the league & Fa cup to play for

Unlucky mate

End of season

We we just got into the Europe League by the skin of my teeth :D

barclayspremierleagueovy.png

Martin Skrtel was my fans player of the year.

Ademilson was the top goalscorer with 24 in 46.

and My dof just got me Jack Wilshere for £18.25

February

Premier league

Liverpool 5:0 Millwall; Fierro 6, Kelly 14, Yesil 44, 65, 74. MotM: Yesil

Liverpool 1:0 Man Utd; Yesil 66. MotM: Zouma

Liverpool 4:1 Huddersfield; Fierro 33, 64, Hagele 34, Zouma 74; Helenius. MotM: Fierro

CL first knock out round, 1st leg

Bayern 3:0 Liverpool; Gomez 20, 25, McLuaghlin og 39. MotM: Gomez

FA Cup

Liverpool 1:0 QPR; Short 83. MotM: Stephens

The start of March and I'm sitting with a 14 point lead over second place Man Utd, sad thing is my Champions league run looks to be over unless I can destroy Bayern in the second leg

yeh our coaches suck so much.... Just get as many scouts who are like 18/18 and then just buy the best coaches you can on short contracts and then when you succeed you will get better coaches available! I have 4.5 stars for all first team training now and its pretty good :)

Anyway finished my fourth season and I won the FA cup, CL and the club world championship... Man city won the league with tottenham choking on the last day to drop down to 2nd... lol. I came third which was pretty dissapointing but the cup runs definately made up for it!

nice one nots, im currently in november season 3. looking forward to winning the club cup :)

aye the coaches are pap, plus the board only allows me 11. which i think is poor. all my training is 4.5 stars tho. is 7 stars possible? i nicked platt from man city, oh what a coach!! also beardsly awesome on the attacking front too!!

2016/17

league 3rd

fa cup Won

Capital one Rd 4

Champions League 1st Knockout Round

Comm shield R/U

European supercup R/U

Overall

Had a disappointing end failed to win any of my last 7 league games when it looked like i was gonna make it back to back titles the Fa cup win made up for a disappointing finish got to the knockout stage of the Champions league for the 1st time losing 8-5 on Agg & Beat Huddersfield 1-0 in the Fa cup final Man City won the league has 5 players in team of the year gonna fix my defence more & if my Dof finds any good players ill buy them if it suits my team or improves it bring on season 6

March

Premier league

Swansea 2:1 Liverpool; Astu 31, 63; Short 75. MotM: M'Vila

Liverpool 4:1 West Ham; Fierro 2, 47, 79, Yesil 50. MotM: Fierro

Liverpool 3:1 Wigan; Fierro 32, 47, Yesil 74; Lopez 9. MotM: Fierro

Liverpool 2:! Chelsea; Fierro 29, Yesil 66; Xulu 81. MotM: Reina

Liverpool 2:0 Newcastle; Yesil 36, Carrasco 85. MotM: Milner

Champions league, first knock out round 2nd leg

First I actually went on holiday for this match, because after getting destroyed 3:0 by them I thought it was all over.

Liverpool 4:0 Bayern :eek::lol:; Fierro 1, 20, 79, El Shaarawy 84. MotM: Fierro

FA cup

Liverpool 1:1 Sunderland; Hagele 16; Sabia 90. MotM: Sabia

So i want to send out Robinson for a season long loan (first season) as i want him to get a full season playing rather than just backup to Enrique. Who would you recommend as a good backup while Robinson is on loan? Not too expensive, maybe no more than 4-5 mill.

I have finally got around to buying/selling fater spending hours sorting out my backroom staff. :)

PS. is it possible to get rid of Henderson in the first season for a good price? If not i will just use him as backup.

April

Premier league

Liverpool 1:1 Spurs; Yesil 54, Murray 4. MotM: Zouma

Liverpool 0:0 Aston Villa

Man City 2:1 Liverpool; Heredia pen 32, Aguero pen 7, Kompany 89. MotM: Kompany

Liverpool 2:0 Everton; Yesil 31, Rodriguez 86. MotM: Carrasco

CL quarter final 1st and 2nd leg

Man Utd 2:1 Liverpool; El Shaarawy 68, Mclaughling og 11, Powell 16. MotM: Neymar

Livrpool 0:0 Man Utd

FA Cup 6th round replay and semi final

Liverpool 3:2 Sunderland; Edmilson 9, 11, Hagele 25; Lakowski og 34, Campbell 64. MotM: Ball

Liverpool 2:0 Huddersfield; Edmilson 44, Carrasco. MotM: Semedo

This was a really poor month, the team just tell apart as soon as it kicked off and never got it together again. Luckily for me in the league I'd already built up such a lead over the course of the season so far that I'm still ahead of the other teams by a fair bit

2017-2018 season review

Premier league: Winners 4th league title, 3 in a row

Champions league: Quarter finals

FA Cup: Winners

Capital One Cup: 3rd round

Charity Shield: Winners

Stand out players:

Fierro, who broke his own record for goals in a season when he scored 36 this year

Carrasco for 19 assists

Stadium capacity: 55000

Average attendance: 54675, or 99%

Sell outs: 26 (otherwise known as every home match) Only doing this bit to show what Anfield has been like the past 3-4 seasons and yet the board still say it doesn't make sense to have a new ground.

Despite winning the league again and the FA for the second time, I'm not too happy with this season. Fierro and Yesil carried the burden of scoring the goals too much this season, despite using the same 4-4-2 that I did last year. Sterling disappointed me this year, he only scored two goals compared to the 15 he got last season, and 10 assists compared to last years 18. I'll be swapping my formation for the new season to try and get a more rounded team

Anyone tried out Yarmalenko?

I'm really not sure if i should buy Yarmalenko for AML, and use Suarez and Borini rotating the lone frontman position (Though neither are great strikers....yet, in the case of Borini), or do i but Lewandawski upfront and use Suarez as an inside forward. So many decisions :/

I'm really not sure if i should buy Yarmalenko for AML, and use Suarez and Borini rotating the lone frontman position (Though neither are great strikers....yet, in the case of Borini), or do i but Lewandawski upfront and use Suarez as an inside forward. So many decisions :/

I used him in last years game and he was great, just seems too expensive this time around to buy

Build up to the 2018-2019 season

I'm getting ready for my 7th season with Liverpool, following last seasons sort of ok results I've swapped back to a asymmetrical 4-2-3-1 as I said awhile ago it seems to have the best fit for my players. Although some player tweaks were needed considering I had 8 first team strikers.

Transfers

Out

Griezmann £20m Aston Villa. Bought him in 2013 for around £13m, however a series of injuries kept him out of the team last season, and his high wages

Bruninho £7.5m Ipswich with a £12, buyback clause. Bought in 2015 for 750k, he's still only 20 but competition for places meant he woulnd't be getting a lot of game time in a one striker formation, with Fierro, Yesil and Hagele in the side. If he turns out great in a few years I'll bring him back

El Shaarawy £35m Spurs. Bought 2014 for £15m from Milan. Sadly after his first season Sterling became a much better player than he did, and there was also Carrasco the Spanish regen I got from Madrid who's looking to be the best right winger I've saw. Four decent length injuries last season meant he barely played, and considering he wanted a 70k pay rise from the 80k he's on now........and Spurs are giving him 250k a week :eek:

Isco £7.5m Middlesbrough. Bought for £17.5m from Malaga in 2013 he was my first big signing even though I spent most of the second half of the season tapping him up. The first two years he did quite well, but never seemed to push on to being that something great that I thought he would be. Confusingly enough at the age of 26 he's never had a senior appearance for Spain yet, but he still might

Edmilson Free Wolfsburg. He came in with the collection of Brazilian players I bought for 750k a few seasons ago. He looked like he had everything to become a great wing back or left winger, but he's probably more injury prone that Aurelio ever was, at only 20 years of age he has consistently missed four of five months every season through an injury. Not too sure if he'll turn it around at Wolfsburg since they're all the same kind of injury too

Francisco £5m Valladolid. There's a theme setting in from my regen buys in 2015, the young striker looked that he'd become amazing but a lack of game time in three different loan spells meant that he hasn't developed and wasn't good enough to push on in the Liverpool team

Suso £4m Aston Villa. Unlike Zeke I never went into the data editor to change Suso's potential, and even though he was given game time in the first couple of seasons he just never developed. Out of him, Shelvey and Sterling he was the worst of the talented trio. He's spent two years on loan at Derby were he made 30 appearances which isn't great, and then two years at a Belgium club were he made 20. At the age of 24 he's finally moved on even though after three seasons I struggled to get anyone interested in him and finally tossed him at my DoF.

Jomar £8m Man City. The final of my Brazilian failures and probably the worst one too. Like Francisco he spent a few years out on loan to get game time, however he just didn't seem to be a striker wherever he went. At one point he played 29 league games for Atletico and scored a single goal, in his second loan spell he never got a game and in his third he scored 5 in 50............

I never brought any players in so :rolleyes:

After the International Tournament during the summer I applied for the England job, yet despite 4 league titles and 11 other cup wins I got laughed at and they hired Di Matteo who has been unemployed since Chelsea sacked him in the second season. After that Holland came calling so I'm managing them and Liverpool

Pre-season

Liverpool 2:0 Derby

Liverpool 1:1 New York

Liverpool 2:0 DC United

Liverpool 2:1 Chicago Fire

Liverpool 3:1 Istra 1961

Just got Radamel Falcao García for £27m

Very nice couldnt but him myself

2017-2018 season review

Premier league: Winners 4th league title, 3 in a row

Champions league: Quarter finals

FA Cup: Winners

Capital One Cup: 3rd round

Charity Shield: Winners

Stand out players:

Fierro, who broke his own record for goals in a season when he scored 36 this year

Carrasco for 19 assists

Stadium capacity: 55000

Average attendance: 54675, or 99%

Sell outs: 26 (otherwise known as every home match) Only doing this bit to show what Anfield has been like the past 3-4 seasons and yet the board still say it doesn't make sense to have a new ground.

Despite winning the league again and the FA for the second time, I'm not too happy with this season. Fierro and Yesil carried the burden of scoring the goals too much this season, despite using the same 4-4-2 that I did last year. Sterling disappointed me this year, he only scored two goals compared to the 15 he got last season, and 10 assists compared to last years 18. I'll be swapping my formation for the new season to try and get a more rounded team

Congrats

He is amazing at Man U on my save and has been since he signed

Keep having to make a tactic for my away matches, the tactic i use at home is unstoppable, but away in the league no matter what tactic i use it just seems to not work for long, quite frustrating but all fun and games i suppose, be happy when ive sorted it

Hi guys, coming into my second year summer and need a new striker to replace Suarez. He is unhappy after i fined him for getting sent off for diving twice in 3 games. But i think its best to cash in as he is not lethal in front of goal. I play Suarez as a DLF along with Borini.

My strikers/attackers so far: Jovetic (IF-Right), Neymar (IF-Left),Isco(AM), Borini, Wellington Nem.

Cavani is at PSG so cant get him. Who can you guys recommend in the second season for around £30-40m. Falcao/Damiao too expensive.

Hi guys, coming into my second year summer and need a new striker to replace Suarez. He is unhappy after i fined him for getting sent off for diving twice in 3 games. But i think its best to cash in as he is not lethal in front of goal. I play Suarez as a DLF along with Borini.

My strikers/attackers so far: Jovetic (IF-Right), Neymar (IF-Left),Isco(AM), Borini, Wellington Nem.

Cavani is at PSG so cant get him. Who can you guys recommend in the second season for around £30-40m. Falcao/Damiao too expensive.

Lewandawski Best striker ive signed in this game will cost a bit but worth it

Best. Second. Season. ever.

We won the lot. Won the European Cup (fluked our way through FC Bayern in the Semi then beat Man City 2-0 in the final, again plenty of luck, we controlled the play but defensively were a shambles, luckily City couldn't have hit the side of the barn that day - from inside the barn), won the League (without defeat, Man Utd unlucky on 87 points and with 11 goals scored more than me - they conceded 24 more though), won the FA cup (4-0 thrashing of Arsenal, they didn't have a single shot in the first 70 minutes).

To top it off Suarez scored 10 goals at the World Cup and was named the best player after leading Uruguay to victory. Coates was man of the match in the final against France in Uruguay's 1-0 win. Sterling was named the best young player of the tournament and along with Neymar made the subs bench of the Dream Team as Coates and Suarez made the 1st eleven.

Fantastic season and a great summer for some of my lads. Haven't signed anybody except a couple of 4.5 star 16 year olds my scouts brought to my attention. My main aim now is to keep everybody happy and keep developing my youngsters. Agger has also retired from international duty which is a boon as I think I'll promote him to full Captain with Gerrard no longer in my best 11.

I got Lorenzo Insigne from Napoli at the start of season 1 for £9 mil, season 2 and 3 he hit over 40 goals in all competitions, strike rate is just under 1 a game and he can also drop in to any AM role. Also he was not too greedy when it came to a new contract where others were wanting 150k and up and above £200k he settled for 105k.

Archived