Liverpool Thread 2012/13

bell

So you think its ok to go out and get pissed out of your head 2 nights before a big game? considering it will affect your performance in training and your preparation for the game?

well, every day is basically "two days before a big game" or maybe three. hes a human being, not a machine. more pertinent is the fact that hes just not good enough for us, and its nothing to do with him being a bit boozey a few days before a match.

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So you think its ok to go out and get pissed out of your head 2 nights before a big game? considering it will affect your performance in training and your preparation for the game?
as long as he does not have a bad hangover while he is playing and give himself a full day to recover from the drinking I honestly dont see the problem with it, if he goes out the night before a big game it could be problematic thought

Could you imagine Torres * best years * alongside the Suarez we currently have?

Magical.

Would have been amazing. I'm probably well in the minority here, but I think Torres still has it, he's just one of those players that must have the right environment. We provided him with it, then took it away from him. At Chelsea he's never had it. Seems like he just needs a completely new start somewhere with people who value him.

Also, fwiw, I think Rodgers can probably improve every player we've got, and I wouldn't be writing off anyone on the basis of poor performances who's under 24 or so. I'm baffled supporters of this club still do it tbh considering the improvement we've seen from some of them. Even Sterling has gotten some 'overrated' stick and the like - the kid is 17?

dare i say it but our next 4 games all look winnable, was amazed with the game against Zenit Thursday, shame we never got any thing from the away leg, shows how important a draw could have been in that game...

According to the stats Liverpool have once again had more shots this season than any team in Europe, We certainly dominate a lot of games that we don't take maximum points from. When you look at player ages it seem's it's our Defense that will need to be changed before any other area. will we see a new back 5 by the end of 2015?

On paper, our back 5 is amazing.

If I was starting to rebuild from the back, I would personally go for a GK and see how that goes. Sometimes feel we are shaky at the back because they have lost faith in Reina. Lucas being back has strengthened us again and it really is individual errors which cost us.

theres really no excuse now for these last 11 games. nothing left to concentrate on but the league, this run in should be a good pointer to how we will fair next season with all our 'harder' games coming at home, an aspiring top four team should look to at least go unbeaten.

if individual errors keep coming then it just shows me that these players arent good enough and should be replaced, be it any of our first choice back 5. they've all had their moments this season and its just not good enough to keep gifting goals away.

Enrique is not an amazing left back by any stretch, that was demonstrated by the fact that he played on left wing while Downing filled in for him. Our best full back combo for next season should be Johnson at LB and hopefully an improved Wisdom at RB. We should be grooming Kelly for a CB role, but need someone else to hold the back steady in the meantime. I'd happily keep Agger but we need someone to at least give competition to Skrtel, if not to replace him completely. On form I'd keep Carragher but I don't think he'd last another season at the level he's shown since he came back into the side.

In midfield I'd be happier with someone to play alongside Lucas in a 4-2-3-1 but not necessarily as a 'defensive' midfielder. We need a better passer, someone to be what Joe Allen is supposed to be. I'm open to the options we've got at the moment, and I wouldn't be surprised if Henderson develops into that role. He's improved massively in the last year, he's quick thinking, hard working and his technique is getting better all the time. Unless we can get Alonso back I'd rather not spend any more money on a midfielder, seeing as we've spent £25m on Coutinho and Allen recently.

As someone said earlier keeping Suarez is going to be the key, and the relationship between him and Sturridge is only going to get better. If we can give Gerrard the right role next year we'll have a goal scoring midfielder and two prolific strikers, and that should give us a shot at something good.

Enrique has massive brain farts in possession at times and his positioning in an attacking sense has always been rubbish. Both detract from him otherwise being pretty great. If he could improve on his decision making he really would be top notch, but it'll probably always let him down.

You're suggesting Wisdom is better than Enrique, which is just ridiculous.

Not at the moment, but I think he'll overtake him next season. Enrique has had some great moments and performances this season, but he negates them by doing something stupid. He's the embodiment of everything the team needs to be rid of if we're going to kick on.

Not at the moment, but I think he'll overtake him next season. Enrique has had some great moments and performances this season, but he negates them by doing something stupid. He's the embodiment of everything the team needs to be rid of if we're going to kick on.

NO. Enrique had a bad spell but recently has performed excellently and is still one of the top LB in Europe IMO.

The last time Enrique did something really stupid, must be some time around August. He has been absolute giant for months now and has really kicked on after his dip in form.

He did about 4 stupid things alone on Thursday night and he had an absolute mare against West Brom last week. He makes dumb mistakes at regular intervals in matches.

One thing which I have always been critical of Enrique is at times he relies on his phyiscal aspects so much he gets himself in trouble positionally.

He does, but he can generally retrieve a situation. He can overplay it sometimes, but its more sympton of the change in tactics and knowing when NOT to do that.

Aurelio >>>>>>>>>> Enrique. Forget the times he broke a fingernail, when he was fit he was ****ing awesome.

Just saw you mentioned Riise too, he was also better.

Except, for THAT diving header. Funny how quickly we can forget that most players are prone to moments of sheer madness.

Riise made defensive mistakes, some extremely costly, and from left back wasn't great with assists and was pushed forward in to midfield a lot as a result. I loved him dearly (release the kraken!) but Enrique is better.

Aurelio was also no defensive god, and the injuries also contribute towards him not being rated as any good.

Archived