Liverpool Thread 2012/13

bell

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Assiadi was worse then Shelvey thought, the later atleast did a decent run while Assiadi did nothing, strange subs indeed

I was largely right about how it would play out but also wrong about who was going to score, probably good that I was wrong thought, since it made the end a lot more intresting

Great performance, but gutted to go out. We were bossing that and when it goes 3-1 why does Rodgers change it? Killed our momentum completely.

Battle for top 6 now - at least with Sturridge and Coutinho back in the side I fancy us to at least get that this season.

had to laugh at the gerrard interview before the match when he was told about how many great youngster weve got and he said 'have we?' when you could see he really wanted to say, 'nah, dont think so pal'. flattered to deceive so far...

the plus i thought was assaidi, dunno what falahk is on about?! everytime ive seen him he's tore the rb apart and did so again tonight. dunno what his problem is of not getting games but i'd certainly be giving him more game time after that cameo.

Thought Assaidi showed glimpses
this was sort of the problem, glimpses without any end product and he misplaced a bunch of simple passes, to me it looked very much like he was playing on a different wavelength compared to the rest of the team, if this is down to lack of of first team football, lack of effort in training or him not being good enough I dont know

he was ****ing fantastic. there was a moment late on, bout the 85th min, where a zenit player got the ball, and turned back towards his own goal, and i thought oh great here is another 20secs of possession for them, and in the blink of an eye Lucas calmy closed down the 5yrds from behind him and just poked the ball away towards Gerrard as the zenit player was about to pass it. it looked totally easy and effortless but it's the sort of thing Hamann used to do and never get recognised outside the club enough for either. I wish he'd be a bit louder sometimes though, he's so level headed and works so damn hard and such a team player on and off the pitch that if he would be a great captain if a bit more vocal

To bad lads.

Would have loved to encounter you guys instead of unknown East-European clubs who park the busses most of the time.

You certainly won't get that from Zenit, not a defensive team. Shambles though and should be doing better with their players.

11 wins gets us 72 points maximum, and its usually around 68 plus to be in contention for top 4 so its a massive ask unfortunately. Would take a ridiculous improvement in form to make it so I am thinking we can get top 6 ahead of Everton and we will end up with around 62 points which is 10 better than last season.

Lets just hope its Chelsea v Man City in the FA Cup Final.

Nice try lads :thup: Didn't see the game but it's great to see an English club fighting hard and almost winning it from so far down.

It seems like it's coming together for you on the pitch under Rogers. If you finish strongly I can see you being much, much better for the 2013/14 season.

11 wins gets us 72 points maximum, and its usually around 68 plus to be in contention for top 4 so its a massive ask unfortunately. Would take a ridiculous improvement in form to make it so I am thinking we can get top 6 ahead of Everton and we will end up with around 62 points which is 10 better than last season.

Yeah 4th is realistically too far, would be fantastic to be challenging for 5th come last weekend. one positive is that us to win will be the lowest odds in every one of our remaining games. The 2nd half of the season table will also be interesting, got a decent chance of getting 3rd in that. Obviously relatively meaningless as far as this season goes but a decent indicator for next season

Yeah 4th is realistically too far, would be fantastic to be challenging for 5th come last weekend. one positive is that us to win will be the lowest odds in every one of our remaining games.

It is to far, but it is a typical case of looking at the fixtures we have left and saying 'we should be winning this game and that game'. I'd be happy if we remain unbeaten until the end of the season personally.

In terms of you lot winning all your games and getting 72 points, it is achievable or near abouts (i.e. 68 points). Just getting that 4th spot is not a case of chasing one team down, it's chasing 3 teams down so would be outrageously difficult. Hopefully you boys finish above Everton though. As Everton always waste a European spot as shown when they finished 4th.

really we are chasing down 4 teams but for two spots. chelsea right back in this atm. but yeah thats the big thing, you look at those teams' fixtures and you can see all of them dropping some points, but it's unlikely chelsea, spurs and arsenal will all crash enough for us to catch all of them

In terms of you lot winning all your games and getting 72 points, it is achievable or near abouts (i.e. 68 points). Just getting that 4th spot is not a case of chasing one team down, it's chasing 3 teams down so would be outrageously difficult. Hopefully you boys finish above Everton though. As Everton always waste a European spot as shown when they finished 4th.

I'd protest...

...if we weren't such a crap cup team :D

That second one :O

Lovely bend. Does anyone know if he was as deadly with free kicks at Ajax? Such a game changer with the ball at his feet in open play and from dead ball situations. Paramount Liverpool keep hold of him if they're to challenge top 4 and league in the next 3 years.

Yeah, I thought the only sub needed was Assaidi or Sterling on for Allen. Not because Allen was playing ***** but it was just starting to get a little bit congested in midfield with Lucas, Gerrard, Allen and then Henderson tucking in. Still no idea where Rodgers' love for Shelvey comes from. Slow footed, slow paced, slow thinking. Don't get it.

Fun game though. I started the night not that arsed really and ended up proper fist-pumping that Suarez 2nd free kick.

well i for one am shocked at this. i hear henderson was out for a christmas dinner in december too, the scumbag.

So you think its ok to go out and get pissed out of your head 2 nights before a big game? considering it will affect your performance in training and your preparation for the game?

Archived