Liverpool Thread 2012/13

bell

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Allen really is poor. Probably could have had 5 if it wasn't for him ruining everything he gets involved in.

Other than that, great performance again save for one or two defensive lapses. Reina having his best game in about 2 years though, so wp.

The only reason i can't see Suarez getting POTY is due to where Liverpool are in the table.

I know it should be based on individual performances but can't help but think players/media will take into account where the sides are Spurs/Liverpool. Liverpool out of Europe and 7th, Spurs still in Europe and 4th.

On another note, does anyone know what's the most free kicks someone has scored in a season is in all competitions since formation of the Premiership? As Suarez must hold that or be near beating it.

The only reason i can't see Suarez getting POTY is due to where Liverpool are in the table.

I know it should be based on individual performances but can't help but think players/media will take into account where the sides are Spurs/Liverpool. Liverpool out of Europe and 7th, Spurs still in Europe and 4th.

On another note, does anyone know what's the most free kicks someone has scored in a season is in all competitions since formation of the Premiership? As Suarez must hold that or be near beating it.

Scott Parker got POTY and his club got relegated so where Liverpool are in the table is irrelevant. He won't get it because of the past situations that happened last year, but that has nothing to do with footballing performance or ability which is what the POTY should be judged on.

FWA Footballer of the Year is a joke award anyway as the media usually over sell the English as the Parker case for example.

The real award is the players player of the year. That's the award that matters for players in my eyes. As if you won an award would you rather won it on the vote of your fellow peers or from people that don't play the game?

Why did Inter sell him? didnt he fit in their team or something?

Yea think it's because he lost his way a bit, suffered from an injury and lost his place and was unable to regain it. Plus Inter wanted to free up some funds so it was a good deal to get some money for a player that wasn't part of the first team.

Shame for Coutinho that he only joined Liverpool this year, but as expected, this move to Liverpool is already good for him.
I think the time in Europe has been valuable anyway, even if he didn't play much for Inter. Had he come to Liverpool earlier he might well have languished on the bench or been in and out of the team and we'd have sold him like Inter did. Seems to be the right move at the right time for him.

That was clinical - if Suarez doesn't get POTY its criminal.
I reckon Bale will get it, just because i reckon a lot of players dislike Suarez and Van Persie. There isn't much between them if we're honest, but Van Persie is the main reason Man United have won the title.

And Suarez is the main reason Liverpool aren't in the bottom half of the table, and Bale is the main reason why we haven't lost our last 5 or 6 games.

I would give it to Suarez because he's been incredible, moreso than RVP. But Bale will get it because he's well liked and get's more media plaudits.

also, why is Skrtel not playing now, will he be sold this summer?

And Suarez is the main reason Liverpool aren't in the bottom half of the table, and Bale is the main reason why we haven't lost our last 5 or 6 games.

I would give it to Suarez because he's been incredible, moreso than RVP. But Bale will get it because he's well liked and get's more media plaudits.

Rodgers wanted someone more vocal to help organise the defence. I reckon he'll be sold, even though i think he's a good player i don't think his personality fits Rodgers' plans.

As skrtel has not really performed most of the season so he can have few complaints about being on the bench imo.

Archived