FM 2013 - What do we actually think this game will be like

Lol and how many footballers do you know? Don't state your opinion as fact because it isn't.

It IS fact that the VAST majority of footballers who are told they are no longer wanted, placed on the list and put in the reserves, leave. That IS a fact. When Bogarde openly stayed at Cheslea in the reserves because of the money, it made headlines worldwide BECAUSE it was so incredible. In real life, it's the VERY rare exception. In FM, it's pretty much the norm.

See... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winston_Bogarde

But in FM, MOST players are Winston Bogarde.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sometimes now in FM 2012, your strikers' stats don't matter. Because the engine is busy balancing the score etc to prevent it from becoming a cricket score. So world class strikers miss plenty of easy sitters game after game.

high finishing composure first touch etc. i don't matter anymore and it's annoying. in that aspect FM has gone backwards as far as i'm concerned. and i won't say fm 2010 will be a poor game if i play it now.

That doesn't happen.

The message coming through seems pretty clear- most people don't want new features, they just want existing ones to work properly/better. There is a lot to FM, and a lot of potential in existing features going unrealised- scouting, player interaction/tones, international management to name but a few. I believe a new ME for FM13 was already confirmed (?), so with any luck that, rathrr than anything new, will be the key selling point.

The message coming through seems pretty clear- most people don't want new features, they just want existing ones to work properly/better. There is a lot to FM, and a lot of potential in existing features going unrealised- scouting, player interaction/tones, international management to name but a few. I believe a new ME for FM13 was already confirmed (?), so with any luck that, rathrr than anything new, will be the key selling point.

New ME being worked on, but not confirmed for FM13. We're all hoping it is ready in time though.

I think a new ME would be huge if you consider all of the other tweaks they will do on current stuff.

Maybe I'm getting old - graphics never was a concern of mine with FM - but now I'm craving something a bit easier on the eyes...something where I see my players as opposed to dots or stick men that all look the same.

It IS fact that the VAST majority of footballers who are told they are no longer wanted, placed on the list and put in the reserves, leave. That IS a fact. When Bogarde openly stayed at Cheslea in the reserves because of the money, it made headlines worldwide BECAUSE it was so incredible. In real life, it's the VERY rare exception. In FM, it's pretty much the norm.

See... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winston_Bogarde

But in FM, MOST players are Winston Bogarde.

That is one example.

I, like you have, could give examples of players turning down the chance of a move to another club that was offering him regular football. Actually I already have gave an example and milner_point has as well. Of course not all are on the same scale as Bogarde but it does happen.

But I would like to think IRL a buying club will also enquire how much a stubborn player would be willing to drop his wages to move. If clubs on FM don't even bid or enquire whether a player is willing to move, how would they possibly know to not even bother issuing a transfer fee first?

Maybe in some case, such as top players on large wages whom are currently available for transfer, the player's agent should make enquires whether a buying club could first afford his personal terms, then a transfer fee could be agreed after this. In this sense, the transfer proceeding on FM isn't negotiable and obviously back to front.

This was rumoured to have occurred in RL with Tevez and Sneijder; after the buying clubs realised they weren't going to lower their wages demands, there wasn't any point negotiating transfer fees with their respected clubs. I think in this case, the transfer negotiation process on FM needs to be a little more unrestricted.

Hope new ME will be different and will fix strikers issues,corners,crosses and AI pragmatic behaviour in general to a more realistic one.

http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/6485/unreal2n.png

Yeah thats right this is unreal even for real life,i conceeded their 1 goal by AI having 1 shot on target and that one from corner while i had 11 corners and AI 2.I dont use any near post or other trick cause i dont like to cheat but maybe i should to compensate the cheating of AI to won the games that i should won.

You must be kidding right? "basically the same game"? the fact that FM2012 still have issues that need improvement, doesn't mean that it's "basically the same" game that FM2010 was.

Between FM2010 and FM2012 there are so many changes, that if i went back to play FM2010 i would probably think..."jesus... what a poor game" :D

I'm still playing 10 :(

Yeah I want to see a video of that asap :D

I second this :D

I might be in the minority but I don't mind if the new ME isn't ready on time for FM13 so long as the long term challenge is address by drastically improving AI squad building, player training and tactical acumen. A few tweaks to the newgen creation process and a couple of new templates would be welcome as well.

I might be in the minority but I don't mind if the new ME isn't ready on time for FM13 so long as the long term challenge is address by drastically improving AI squad building, player training and tactical acumen. A few tweaks to the newgen creation process and a couple of new templates would be welcome as well.

I've been wanting the long-term stuff sorted out for years...Honestly, I doubt it will ever happen. They're too busy with new additions to correctly address this so when a new ME comes out, so much work with tweaking and fixing bugs will be needed that this will once again get pushed back.

Truthfully, I expect to see:

* new data update

* very slight ME/AI improvements

* a few new screens containing an obscure feature the majority of players won't use

that's it.

I know it's evolution rather than revolution but we seem to be accepting very few improvements to the ME and that's a shame as it is the best (in terms of distinct features in the game) part of the game

Truthfully, I expect to see:

* new data update

* very slight ME/AI improvements

* a few new screens containing an obscure feature the majority of players won't use

that's it.

I know it's evolution rather than revolution but we seem to be accepting very few improvements to the ME and that's a shame as it is the best (in terms of distinct features in the game) part of the game

Quoted for truth. Plus they'll introduce features that annoys the majority of the players in the interest of "realism" (see Agents) while keeping the majority of the bugs from previous versions

(e.g. fixture clashes, AI, transfer market).

Completely wrong, the majority of players look at the wage first, the chances of first team games second, i could go through countless players who have left Aberdeen for more money and rarely play at their new clubs. Your living in a fantasy world i think.

Why do so many players bitch about not getting a game then?

what features do you think will make it into FM13?

A few minor changes and tweaks but essentially the same game we've been playing since FM2005. There again, it's tried and tested and essentially works well, a few bugs aside so I dont think tehre needs to be a major overhaul done. As they say, if it's not broken then there ain no need to go repairing it.... or something like that.

The defending on this game is terrible! Defenders have no idea of what to do. I really do question how people can not see the lack of intelligence in defenders on this game.

it doesn't matter the rest of the stats for the player. as long as he has pace 20 acceleration 20. he will be GOD LIKE.

the most important thing,imho,it's the tactic system.with AND without ball is fundamental.most (all?) teams attack in a certain way and defend in another way (same old example,barcelona).and,as a consequence,the next opponent report should tell me (in a graphic way) how they play with or without the ball.how much accurate the report depending on the abilities of my scouts.and i should be able to arrange my training schedule for the week (or weeks,or just one day or whatever i like) to prepare the game as i want to prepare it.

plus tons of other things who could easily add more challenge and realism to the game,as for ex. being not able to choose the exact player we want to buy in the beginning of the game (or when we are lousy managers),but only giving indications and suggestions to the board..

I agree straccy! You need tactics for when in possession and when not in possession. You need them separate so you can tell your players how to behave when on the ball and when not on the ball, that would be more realistic. At the moment it's very disjointed, one set of instructions for both.

I think that there are minor tweaks needed which are crucial to the realistic feeling of the game:

1. Choose your spoken languages:

Example: With my Belgian/Italian Nationality I speak apparently: Dutch, Italian, French and German, But I can't speak German...

2. 64 bit Support, I bought a monster computer for FM, finding out later that the game doesn't fully support 64 bit

3. Adding leagues haziness: If you add new leagues, you can not see how many players are loaded and how many players will be loaded after selecting these leagues.

And the most important: Better AI, instead of artificial difficulty levels based on your Manager starting rep!

I think that there are minor tweaks needed which are crucial to the realistic feeling of the game:

1. Choose your spoken languages:

Example: With my Belgian/Italian Nationality I speak apparently: Dutch, Italian, French and German, But I can't speak German...

I love this idea. I always pick manager with my nationality and its says I speak German but in reality I can't.

Also what about adding more than one teams when starting new manager.

I'd like something that primarily works with the machine I currently have.

I'd like a difficulty increase (I'm not amazing on this game) but I shouldn't be able to take a Championship team to European Cup glory in 4 seasons, nor should I be able to take a Conference North team to the Premier League

I love this idea. I always pick manager with my nationality and its says I speak German but in reality I can't.

Also what about adding more than one teams when starting new manager.

I really hope that SI changes this feature, as this is one of the easiest changes they will ever make to satisfy a substantial part of the community.

Just a suggestion, but would it be possible if in the Set Piece taker selection screen, could we have an option for best corner/free kick player, so during the match, the ME can select the person that has the best attribute to take the kick. This way if players improve their corner/free kicking abilities, they are automatically selected.

Or does the ME do this already of you don't select anyone?

Just a suggestion, but would it be possible if in the Set Piece taker selection screen, could we have an option for best corner/free kick player, so during the match, the ME can select the person that has the best attribute to take the kick. This way if players improve their corner/free kicking abilities, they are automatically selected.

Or does the ME do this already of you don't select anyone?

I think the ME already do that. I never choose anyone for my freekicks/corner, and the game always select the best player from the 11 that are on the pitch.

I assumed so, Keyzer, I guess I was trying to come up with a solution so the ME doesn't choose a player that is supposed to Stay Back, like a FB. Maybe you could have a section that selects the best Winger to take the kick. Mmmm, a tricky conundrum.

I suppose if you don't want specific players to be selected, you may as well select someone.

Quoted for truth. Plus they'll introduce features that annoys the majority of the players in the interest of "realism" (see Agents) while keeping the majority of the bugs from previous versions

(e.g. fixture clashes, AI, transfer market).

agents were a very good addition to the game. they just need to be implemented correctly. how the "patience" attribute works should be changed drastically. for instance, you are a PL club looking to sign a division 1 player, the agent must be much more patient even if his attribute is 1. it is just silly when you offer players 2 times what they are making, a hefty sum to the agent, and then get rejected after 2 negotiations. if the player is "extremely" interested in joining your club, then the agent should do whatever it takes to make the deal work, that is their job after all. the patience attribute and the interest of the player in joining the club should be linked.

agents were a very good addition to the game. they just need to be implemented correctly. how the "patience" attribute works should be changed drastically. for instance, you are a PL club looking to sign a division 1 player, the agent must be much more patient even if his attribute is 1. it is just silly when you offer players 2 times what they are making, a hefty sum to the agent, and then get rejected after 2 negotiations. if the player is "extremely" interested in joining your club, then the agent should do whatever it takes to make the deal work, that is their job after all. the patience attribute and the interest of the player in joining the club should be linked.

Great post, I agree.

I wonder how often people moaning about how difficult it is to shift deadwood actually buy deadwood from AI teams?

On the same topic: What about when you try to sell a player and the AI offer him a contract worse than the one he's on and he has the cheek to ask for his current club to keep up his contract until it would've ran out? Why can't I do that to the AI!?

I'd like to see a scenario mode, much like the one on the iPhone version.

I love FM, been playing since the beginning with CM93 on Amiga. I don't play that much, but go through intense phases! Anyway, my feedback is...

- love how immersive all the different leagues and countries can be

- shallow and rigid RPG tree is boring e.g. press conferences, manager/player interactions

- staff, agents and club personnel lack depth in attributes and behaviours

- insight in to player stats is quite on/off, unknown attributes are totally revealed if scouted and it's hard to get an indication of hidden attributes unless they are extreme. Deeper graduation of knowledge might make it better e.g. recently scouted players have vague insight, long scouted players attributes are more accurately known, own players become more known as it goes on (seems like this kind of happen already?), and hidden attributes perhaps can be indicated in more ways e.g. press refers to them as 'dirty'.

- team talks can be hard to get right and fiddly to implement

- would be handy if your could select multiple items and action them e.g. allocating the same training schedule to multiple players

- would be good to have more depth as the game goes on e.g. club facilities, detailed financial control, youth recruitment policy, stadium building etc. Almost like easter eggs for enduring players!

- get some more humour in there (remember On The Ball: World Cup Edition?). Actually, maybe thats not a good suggestion.

- generally it's an original and good quality game franchise, one of the few I play (along with the likes of Total War).

I love FM, been playing since the beginning with CM93 on Amiga. I don't play that much, but go through intense phases! Anyway, my feedback is...

- love how immersive all the different leagues and countries can be

- shallow and rigid RPG tree is boring e.g. press conferences, manager/player interactions

- staff, agents and club personnel lack depth in attributes and behaviours

- insight in to player stats is quite on/off, unknown attributes are totally revealed if scouted and it's hard to get an indication of hidden attributes unless they are extreme. Deeper graduation of knowledge might make it better e.g. recently scouted players have vague insight, long scouted players attributes are more accurately known, own players become more known as it goes on (seems like this kind of happen already?), and hidden attributes perhaps can be indicated in more ways e.g. press refers to them as 'dirty'.

- team talks can be hard to get right and fiddly to implement

- would be handy if your could select multiple items and action them e.g. allocating the same training schedule to multiple players

- would be good to have more depth as the game goes on e.g. club facilities, detailed financial control, youth recruitment policy, stadium building etc. Almost like easter eggs for enduring players!

- get some more humour in there (remember On The Ball: World Cup Edition?). Actually, maybe thats not a good suggestion.

- generally it's an original and good quality game franchise, one of the few I play (along with the likes of Total War).

Good post there although you could have been a bit more positive :)

The part I've highlighted though, you can already do this! When you are in squad screen just hold Ctrl and left click all the players you want on the same schedule, then right click and select the schedule :thup:

The part I've highlighted though, you can already do this! When you are in squad screen just hold Ctrl and left click all the players you want on the same schedule, then right click and select the schedule :thup:

Youve just made my day, I never actually knew you could do that

You learn something new everyday! :D

In return for making your day, I would like you to buy me a domino's pizza please :lol:

maybe, although I dont think it is good enough tip to warrant a pizza. Maybe a mars bar?

A mars bar would do me fine! :D

Where shall I send it?

EDIT: I tell you what give me your bank details and I will transfer 65p into your account ;) I wouldnt use your bank details for anythig other than transferring the money obviously ;)

Where shall I send it?

EDIT: I tell you what give me your bank details and I will transfer 65p into your account ;) I wouldnt use your bank details for anythig other than transferring the money obviously ;)

No offence but I wouldn't share my bank details with anyone apart from my close family! :p

cheers

I may not have bigged it up too much, but the fact that I've been playing for neigh on 20 years shows that it can't be all bad ;-)

Archived