Quickfire Questions and Answers Thread (Tactic and Training Questions Only)

What is the best way (in terms of individual instructions) to set up your Inverted Winger (A) as a Shadow Striker in a 4-3-2-1 formation?

Well they're two completely different Roles, so you either want an Inside Forward or you want a Shadow Striker. I don't see the need to turn one into the other? Make life easy for yourself.

• Replies 17.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

AF and Poachers are the furthest forward playing striker positions, so I have found they will need an aggressive midfielder or two behind them not to get isolated during normal build-up. If you have an AM that will push up into the box regularly that would help. Otherwise you could look to a deeper playing role like defensive forward, and use attack or support duties as you see necessary to provide the right mix for you. A target man support will come deeper, but with the disadvantage that players will direct passing at him a lot more. What would be your objection to a deep-lying forward? I have used one as a lone striker and found it to work well, he still scored a gob of goals.

thanks for the answer.

So ,when we got attacking midfilder with attack duty,this willhelp poacher or advanced forward not to get isolated right?

about another role,like trequarista, Complete forward , in attack role,will they got isolated if nobody in central attacking midfield area aggresively come to box?

My striker seems got best role with attack role, I'm okay wth dlf-attack. just looking another role in attack duty

thanks for the answer.

So ,when we got attacking midfilder with attack duty,this willhelp poacher or advanced forward not to get isolated right?

about another role,like trequarista, Complete forward , in attack role,will they got isolated if nobody in central attacking midfield area aggresively come to box?

My striker seems got best role with attack role, I'm okay wth dlf-attack. just looking another role in attack duty

Kind of but it's not that black and white. What determines if someone is isolated or not depends on your set up. The important two factors to remember are the supply a player gets and the support he gets. Those are what determine if someone is isolated or not. If it's poor for those then it doesn't really matter what role someone was. It's possible a AF and AM on attack can both still be isolated if other player around them aren't offering support or any kind of service into them.

Kind of but it's not that black and white. What determines if someone is isolated or not depends on your set up. The important two factors to remember are the supply a player gets and the support he gets. Those are what determine if someone is isolated or not. If it's poor for those then it doesn't really matter what role someone was. It's possible a AF and AM on attack can both still be isolated if other player around them aren't offering support or any kind of service into them.

ok thanks a lot for your answer

well, now I got 3 attacking midfield , and 1 center forward. 2 or 3 of them are in attack role.

my set is Left winger (inside forward) central attacking midfield (could be shadow striker ,adv playmaker,or trequarista,but always on attack role) right winger (Inside forward) .the forward role is not yet determined that I keep changing his role.

my team using control mentality,flexible. no other team instruction nor PI are instructed yet.

My problem is,when I'm attacking,especially at counters, either my AMC or ST will dribbling forward. but,the problem, is only one of them who will bomb forward,which is the one who is dribbling the ball.

when AMC dribbling forward,he will past my strikers,and my strikers stay few distance before penalty areas

and when my ST dribbling forward, my AMC stay at his place

so it like I always got AMC who stay at his place. both of my winger are far wide (even when I tried to play narrower) from the strikers. so my central attacker ,most of the time, will shoot from outside of penalty area.

previously I'm using support role on ST, false nine, complete forward,deep lying forward. last 2 match I put him as complete forward-attack. still,the issue not yet resolved

thats why I'm thinking about poacher and advanced forward.hoping that they will stay high up on the pitch,forcing my AMC to dribble forward,but got option as my ST wont drop deep anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by sebva View Post

What is the best way (in terms of individual instructions) to set up your Inverted Winger (A) as a Shadow Striker in a 4-3-2-1 formation?

Well they're two completely different Roles, so you either want an Inside Forward or you want a Shadow Striker. I don't see the need to turn one into the other? Make life easy for yourself.

Well I kinda phrased it awkward. What I meant is: I want my Inverted Winger (A) to be the goal threat/scorer of the team.

WS6jplz.png

I play in this formation and I want the left Inverted Winger to be more direct towards goal and act like a striker coming from deep.

[ixhUSlg.png

Any tips on how to make this work better?

Thanks!

Any tips on how to make this work better?

Thanks!

I will consider using a winger on the right to deliver more crosses. Your IF has good strength, a decent jump and header so he should be able to dominate smaller fullbacks. Also consider roam from position to give him more movement.

Yep that's what I was thinking. It's got it's pro's and con's to both but I did wonder if you played a cover defender behind a attacking full back the gap in front would be too big. Guess it depends on mentality as well. If you are pushing up space in front is less of a problem but if you are dropping off the opposite could be true.

You have the same scenario with full backs on which side of strikers,. Do you put a FB A on the side of an attacking duty forward or a support duty one?

I think it's less an argument between attack & support duty forwards, and more about their roles. If the full-back is in attack-mode, do you want the striker moving into channels on that side, or staying in the centre awaiting a cross? If you're playing a diamond, is the AM a creator or a goalscoring box-player? Ideally I'd want to see two players in the box and one supporting the full-back in the channels, but there's no one single right answer.

Hey. I wanna play direct play using 4-4-2 diamond wide with wolfsburg club. Based on pairs and combinations article I decided to have this line up:

P(a) TM(s)

AM(s)

W(a) W(s)

DLP(s)

WB(s) CD(d) cd(d) FB(a)

GK(d)

I alos use these instructions : more direct passing - clear ball to flanks - run at defece - exploit to flanks - push higher up - get stuck in - higher tempp

Finally I have used flexible team shape and attacking mentality to play direct. It seems my team cant handle the midfield and we are mostly giving the midfield to the opponent. Wanna know what is the problem here? is it AM or sth else?

Hey. I wanna play direct play using 4-4-2 diamond wide with wolfsburg club. Based on pairs and combinations article I decided to have this line up:

P(a) TM(s)

AM(s)

W(a) W(s)

DLP(s)

WB(s) CD(d) cd(d) FB(a)

GK(d)

I alos use these instructions : more direct passing - clear ball to flanks - run at defece - exploit to flanks - push higher up - get stuck in - higher tempp

Finally I have used flexible team shape and attacking mentality to play direct. It seems my team cant handle the midfield and we are mostly giving the midfield to the opponent. Wanna know what is the problem here? is it AM or sth else?

Your entire midfield is too lightweight which is the first major problem. Wingers offer little defensively, and both your other mids are on support, leaving you very exposed in midfield.

If you want to play with wingers I'd bring your AM back and make him a lot more defensive to compensate for their lack of work.

I'd also be careful of using attacking fullbacks with wingers against sides who are better than you.

Hi, I have a question about tutoring.

I have a model pro. striker with continental rep. and a backup squad status.

But he can't even tutor my youngsters? I thought better rep. and better squad status is enough?

It says: "This player's importance within the squad is too low to offer tutoring"

What the heck? :(

Thanks

Hi, I have a question about tutoring.

I have a model pro. striker with continental rep. and a backup squad status.

But he can't even tutor my youngsters? I thought better rep. and better squad status is enough?

It says: "This player's importance within the squad is too low to offer tutoring"

What the heck? :(

Thanks

It's the backup status. For whatever reason, backup players cannot tutor. Change his squad status to rotation and you should be able to select him as a tutor, but the be sure to give him a few starts so he doesn't get bent :)

It's the backup status. For whatever reason, backup players cannot tutor. Change his squad status to rotation and you should be able to select him as a tutor, but the be sure to give him a few starts so he doesn't get bent :)

Edit: It did work! But somehow took a couple weeks to recognize in the system...hm

Your entire midfield is too lightweight which is the first major problem. Wingers offer little defensively, and both your other mids are on support, leaving you very exposed in midfield.

If you want to play with wingers I'd bring your AM back and make him a lot more defensive to compensate for their lack of work.

I'd also be careful of using attacking fullbacks with wingers against sides who are better than you.

What if I changed my tactic to the one below? :

P(a) TM(s)

AM(s)

W(a) WM(s)

DLP(s)

WB(s) CD(d) cd(d) FB(a)

GK(d)

Does this mean I dont need to change AM(s) and DLP(s) anymore? If not what could be a wise choice?

Thanks.

What if I changed my tactic to the one below? :

P(a) TM(s)

AM(s)

W(a) WM(s)

DLP(s)

WB(s) CD(d) cd(d) FB(a)

GK(d)

Does this mean I dont need to change AM(s) and DLP(s) anymore? If not what could be a wise choice?

Thanks.

You still have no defence mentalities in midfield. An AM does much less defensive work, Poacher does almost none. You are still gonna get cut up. I'd consider why you want a DLP with wingers as well. Essentially you have 1 player in central midfield. Against a 442 it will get killed, against a 3 man mid it could be destroyed.

If you want a diamond I'd make the base a DM-D at least. For me a good rule of thumb is to each be solid on the wingers or in the centre and attacking via the other one. So if you want to play with wingers your central midfield has to be more defensive.

You still have no defence mentalities in midfield. An AM does much less defensive work, Poacher does almost none. You are still gonna get cut up. I'd consider why you want a DLP with wingers as well. Essentially you have 1 player in central midfield. Against a 442 it will get killed, against a 3 man mid it could be destroyed.

If you want a diamond I'd make the base a DM-D at least. For me a good rule of thumb is to each be solid on the wingers or in the centre and attacking via the other one. So if you want to play with wingers your central midfield has to be more defensive.

Thanks for helping me. I actually have used a DM-D but it seemed my there was a big gap between midfield and defenders. In fact DLP-s helps a little. Well I changed it back to DM-D and make one winger as wide midfielder to see what happens, Do u think there should be something more defensive minded than wide midfielder? And one more thing, I actually did not understand this sentence : "For me a good rule of thumb is to each be solid on the wingers or in the centre and attacking via the other one". Would u help me out?

Thanks buddy.

What role would use to partner a CM(d) in a 4-4-1-1 that offers another solid defensive base but also a bit more going forward than the CM(d)? CM(s)? DLP(d)/(s)?

DLP(S) imo. Can add roam from position if you think you need him to move around abit more.

I think it's less an argument between attack & support duty forwards, and more about their roles. If the full-back is in attack-mode, do you want the striker moving into channels on that side, or staying in the centre awaiting a cross? If you're playing a diamond, is the AM a creator or a goalscoring box-player? Ideally I'd want to see two players in the box and one supporting the full-back in the channels, but there's no one single right answer.

Very good point. I tried a couple of things and noticed that Valencia my CF A on the right sided slot up top played far better with Jenkinson as a FB S rather than a FB A. Reason being probably that Valencia does like to drift wide and run with ball down the right, and has quite a few assists from his crosses. With Jenkinson on attack he is probably in the space Valencia is exploiting. In some ways it's a pity the IWB role doesn't work 100% (from what I have read) as I suspect you could do some interesting attacking things with strikers that move out wide and trying to get more midfielders in the box or even an IWB.

Re cover/stopper defenders I have worked out that there is no hard and fast rule as it all depends on the opposition to an extent. I find that starting both on defend is best and see how the game goes. If you have someone dictating things for the opposition in your DM area then changing a CB to stopper may help, whilst if you are having problems behind then moving to cover may help things. Definitely depends on how the other sides shape is.

Hi,

need help to adress a problem from how my team concedes goals.

We play a pressing game and possession base style, and almost all my conceded goal come from crosses - we play a 4-1-2-2-1, and my question his how do i channel play inside, for them to go to my DM?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

need help to adress a problem from how my team concedes goals.

We play a pressing game and possession base style, and almost all my conceded goal come from crosses - we play a 4-1-2-2-1, and my question his how do i channel play inside, for them to go to my DM?

Thanks in advance

What's your roles and TIs? PIs if any?

Hi vasili07,

My setup his:

SK - S - Distribute to CD ©, Roll it out and Slow Pace Down

WB´S - A

CD - C

BPD - X

DM - D

DPL - S

AP - A

IF´s - A - Roam from position

F9 - S - Hold up Ball

TI´s:

Retain possession; short passing; play out of defence; much higher defensive line and Close down more.

All your wide players are very attack-minded. Your WBs will push high up the pitch and get caught out of position easily, and inside forwards are going to be looking to cut into the centre of the pitch and won't be doing much defending. You're leaving a lot of space on your flanks which a half decent opponent is going to exploit. I can also imagine with a high pressing tactic that you don't have a large number of defenders back in the box to meet crosses coming in?

To some extent this kind of tactic is always going to be vulnerable to fast counters and long balls, but maybe try going WB or FB (S) to start and see if you still create decent attacking opportunities? In my experience a WB(S) will still get forward on the flanks and offer an attacking route, but drops back more readily to the defensive line than an attack duty. You could also try asymmetric roles - put a more defensive winger on one side or have one side hold while the other attacks. Having that extra man back defending could make the difference.

Hi Kelron,

You ideas sound good, but the reason why i have so many attacking minded players his because of the mentality that i employ, i play on the counter mentality.

Despite having 5 attacking duties, i average one of the lowest goals concede in the league.

I just wanted to know if one could channel play inside via OP or any other way.

Ty

I don't think you can direct your opponents in the way you're suggesting because it's up to them where they go when they have possession - and they'll naturally head towards the most open areas of your defence. Maybe a more experienced player will have other suggestions, but I think it's a case of deciding whether conceding from crosses is enough of a problem to be worth having your wide players hold back more.

Is there any way to defend from throw-ins? I saw one thread about this from 2014, but with no to proper answer. I am finaly playing good with Atalanta but my main rivals for title - Juventus, score every their goal after throw-ins, when playing against me.

3 throw-ins 3 goals :seagull:

Movs6c4.png7DnTyEO.png

G7Fe3dO.pngRcQdIHv.pngx2t7PT3.png

Anyone have a clue about how to deal with super goalkeepers? In my last 11 games all opposing gk have had a rating of 7.1 or above. I simply can't score ( I have no issue creating chances and being in good positions for shots, but I feel as if it's me vs their GK).

Maybe try and press him? Or use the press to undermine his confidence ( though I'd have to do this before every single match)? IDK what to do here.

I know, its all about making a system work but all systems have weaknesses, and what i was wondering his there was a way to minimize this "problem"

Ty for your input

Is there any way to defend from throw-ins? I saw one thread about this from 2014, but with no to proper answer. I am finaly playing good with Atalanta but my main rivals for title - Juventus, score every their goal after throw-ins, when playing against me.

3 throw-ins 3 goals :seagull:

Defending long throw is the same set up for defending corner. I suggest bringing everyone back. 2 defend posts, 2 mark tall, 1 man mark, 3 zonal mark, 1 close down and 1 on the edge.

I know, its all about making a system work but all systems have weaknesses, and what i was wondering his there was a way to minimize this "problem"

Ty for your input

You can try using the opposition instruction to show them to foot. IE, right midfielder show left foot and vice versa for the opposite midfielder. But this could create other unknown problems to your tactics.

Defending long throw is the same set up for defending corner. I suggest bringing everyone back. 2 defend posts, 2 mark tall, 1 man mark, 3 zonal mark, 1 close down and 1 on the edge.

Hm.. that is also in that thread from 2014 year, but it makes no sense to me. I am not conceding much from corners, i have one winger on the edge and striker stay forward for counter attacks, but i have never seen in real life that everybody goes back when it is throw in. They are realy too powerful in FM 2015. But ok, i will play just against Juventus like that

Are CCC's something I should pay attention to? I'm seeing my team creating 5-8 CCC's in most games, but I usually only score one, maybe two. Should I find better strikers or what?

Watch them back and see if you consider them to truly be Clear Cut Chances. If they are, look at the players taking the shots and see if there are patterns to the missed chances.

How do you guys sort your team when you go down to 10 men?

I was 2-0 up away at Chelsea in a big game regards to the title. Then Alex Song, the idiot, inexplicably goes in two footed and gets himself sent off, despite the fact that I ask them to stay on their feet!! I play a 4312 attacking and withdrew my left sided DLF S leaving the AM behind the CF A but leave mentality as it is.. Immediately Chelsea get an Azpil,,,,whatshisname throw in and surprise, surprise chaos reigns and Fabregas gets one back. Then a Chelsea free kick is launched in and once again chaos reigns and the ball finds Fabregas who shoots. The ball hits the post and comes out to Murillo who scores. I then switch to play narrower and defensive yet a long ball takes out my high line (weird I am playing defensive!) and a Azpil,,,whatshisname deep cross is met by Bertrand who heads against the bar and it falls to Fabregas for a tap in and we lose 3-2.

Not sure really if I could have done anything. Those long throws I hope get toned down in FM16 because they are un-defendable and what do you do about balls hitting woodwork and falling to an opposition player?! Maybe I should have gone defensive or counter earlier but then you just invite Chelsea pressure so just intrigued what you do when leading and going down to 10 men?

How do you guys sort your team when you go down to 10 men?

I was 2-0 up away at Chelsea in a big game regards to the title. Then Alex Song, the idiot, inexplicably goes in two footed and gets himself sent off, despite the fact that I ask them to stay on their feet!! I play a 4312 attacking and withdrew my left sided DLF S leaving the AM behind the CF A but leave mentality as it is.. Immediately Chelsea get an Azpil,,,,whatshisname throw in and surprise, surprise chaos reigns and Fabregas gets one back. Then a Chelsea free kick is launched in and once again chaos reigns and the ball finds Fabregas who shoots. The ball hits the post and comes out to Murillo who scores. I then switch to play narrower and defensive yet a long ball takes out my high line (weird I am playing defensive!) and a Azpil,,,whatshisname deep cross is met by Bertrand who heads against the bar and it falls to Fabregas for a tap in and we lose 3-2.

Not sure really if I could have done anything. Those long throws I hope get toned down in FM16 because they are un-defendable and what do you do about balls hitting woodwork and falling to an opposition player?! Maybe I should have gone defensive or counter earlier but then you just invite Chelsea pressure so just intrigued what you do when leading and going down to 10 men?

I generally go 441 or something like that, go defensive and add TIs to keep shape, at that point its really all you can do, pressing with 10 men is too exhausting and leaves huge gaps, so the best I can do is keep it tight and hope for the best. If I can keep possession and pass it around at the back then I will but usually my sides arent good enough to do that.

Otherwise I make sure my striker is playing deep to help out in midfield, but is usually someone with enough pace that he might be able to counter and score on his own.

Oh and I also get rid of all attack duties! :)

Here's my question... No matter if I've seen it on here or fm scout or fm base you always see ppl make tactics with say a premier division team in England however you never see anyone try tactics or make tactics for lower leagues because they know they would not have the same success? So back to my question why don't people make tactics for lower leagues just top teams obviously ur gonna have great numbers with top teams u prob won't have same numbers with say a vcn or vcs in England...

Here's my question... No matter if I've seen it on here or fm scout or fm base you always see ppl make tactics with say a premier division team in England however you never see anyone try tactics or make tactics for lower leagues because they know they would not have the same success? So back to my question why don't people make tactics for lower leagues just top teams obviously ur gonna have great numbers with top teams u prob won't have same numbers with say a vcn or vcs in England...

People tend to gravitate towards big teams, so the fact they issue tactics developed at big sides does not mean they won't work further down the pyramid. In fact, on rare occasions when you do get uploaded tactics developed with lower league teams, you invariably get questions like "Will this work in the Bundesliga, Serie A, La Liga, Premier League" etc. etc. A lot of uploaded tactics are all about the marketing - things look sexier to most if it is Real Madrid winning, rather 6-0 than Macclesfield sneaking 1-0 wins; that's just how it is.

It is, however, wrong to assume that certain tactics only work at certain levels. Doesn't matter if you are in the top division or the bottom one, the relative abilities of the sides will be proportionate the further down you go. You can play a technical game at the lower level or a direct game at the top. It doesn't matter.

People tend to gravitate towards big teams, so the fact they issue tactics developed at big sides does not mean they won't work further down the pyramid. In fact, on rare occasions when you do get uploaded tactics developed with lower league teams, you invariably get questions like "Will this work in the Bundesliga, Serie A, La Liga, Premier League" etc. etc. A lot of uploaded tactics are all about the marketing - things look sexier to most if it is Real Madrid winning, rather 6-0 than Macclesfield sneaking 1-0 wins; that's just how it is.

It is, however, wrong to assume that certain tactics only work at certain levels. Doesn't matter if you are in the top division or the bottom one, the relative abilities of the sides will be proportionate the further down you go. You can play a technical game at the lower level or a direct game at the top. It doesn't matter.

I think this is almost entirely true, the exception maybe being very one dimensional tactics that rely on utilising players with less good mental stats but good physical qualities. At higher levels I think that when defenders have a better mix of mental and physical qualities its easier to nulify these approaches. However it really is all pretty relative and more to do with how much better or worse your players are than the ones on the opposition team.

I generally go 441 or something like that, go defensive and add TIs to keep shape, at that point its really all you can do, pressing with 10 men is too exhausting and leaves huge gaps, so the best I can do is keep it tight and hope for the best. If I can keep possession and pass it around at the back then I will but usually my sides arent good enough to do that.

Otherwise I make sure my striker is playing deep to help out in midfield, but is usually someone with enough pace that he might be able to counter and score on his own.

Oh and I also get rid of all attack duties! :)

Thanks for that I'll try a few things when Song makes another rash tackle!!!!

By the way how do people play against Tottenham's 4231, especially at their place? Personally I think Spurs and Liverpool are far too overpowered in FM15, but that's another story, but this 4231 is a nightmare to play against!!

Unbeaten in 9 going there, 2nd in the League to their 5th so confidence is good but find myself 2 down after 20 minutes. What I can't understand about the AI's 4231 is that when we try to use it it seems far to flimsy in the centre of midfield. So I always feel hopeful that my 4132 can hold it's own especially with my three against their two, but it never happens that way, the AI's CM area seem more than capable even with just the two in there.

I did then try a much higher line to try and stop their AM dictating proceedings and swapped from two centre backs on defend to one stopper and one cover and got right back into it getting two goals and my shot count shot up but as always the AI always seems to find a way and with a minute to go a long shot hit the bar, rebounded out and hit my goalkeeper on the back of the head to bounce back into the net to lose me the game 3-2!!!

Not sure I can play so aggressively full match against that 4231 though but intrigued to see how others cope with it? The formations I struggle against with a 4312 are 4231, 442 and Liverpool's 3421. Obviously formations that either double up on the wings and/or have an AM or two and obviously a 4132 has no real width cover and with a flat three in CM no real cover in the DM area so those are the weaknesses. Obviously the other frustration is I can't seem to get my AM to dominate in those formations DM area as the AI always seems to get men back.

Advice would be appreciated.

I'm cheating when using all the tight mark, closing down, tackle hard, and show onto weak foot at OP instructions?

By doind this my team plays at defense exactly how I want.

Do you think its cheating, or using some legal tool in a "bad" way?

OP instructions are a tool, where does the "cheating" idea comes from ??? :eek:

It's more a question if you want all the OP players to be closed down, tight marking, tackle hard and show onto weak foot. Do you ?

By the way how do people play against Tottenham's 4231, especially at their place? Personally I think Spurs and Liverpool are far too overpowered in FM15, but that's another story, but this 4231 is a nightmare to play against!!

Unbeaten in 9 going there, 2nd in the League to their 5th so confidence is good but find myself 2 down after 20 minutes. What I can't understand about the AI's 4231 is that when we try to use it it seems far to flimsy in the centre of midfield. So I always feel hopeful that my 4132 can hold it's own especially with my three against their two, but it never happens that way, the AI's CM area seem more than capable even with just the two in there.

I did then try a much higher line to try and stop their AM dictating proceedings and swapped from two centre backs on defend to one stopper and one cover and got right back into it getting two goals and my shot count shot up but as always the AI always seems to find a way and with a minute to go a long shot hit the bar, rebounded out and hit my goalkeeper on the back of the head to bounce back into the net to lose me the game 3-2!!!

Not sure I can play so aggressively full match against that 4231 though but intrigued to see how others cope with it? The formations I struggle against with a 4312 are 4231, 442 and Liverpool's 3421. Obviously formations that either double up on the wings and/or have an AM or two and obviously a 4132 has no real width cover and with a flat three in CM no real cover in the DM area so those are the weaknesses. Obviously the other frustration is I can't seem to get my AM to dominate in those formations DM area as the AI always seems to get men back.

Advice would be appreciated.

I've been struggling against the same teams but seem to do best playing aggressively. They seem capable of dismantling an organised, deep defence with little trouble, and are quick enough to get defenders back if I try and play on the counter. My best chances come when I play a high press but it's not ideal. I do tend to switch between high/standard tempo to not tire my players out too much but the opposing goals come when I'm playing at lower tempos.

question about set pieces. my team got 2 central defnder.good in the air. 2 forward and 1 central midfield,also good in the air. 1 is decent header. so total I got at least 6 good jumpers.

my question,how to maximize this in set pieces? 1 attack near post, 1 attack far post, 1 chalenge keeper, 1 attack ball from deep.wil the rest better just go forward or stand on far post,flick,etc?

Do player roles become less distinguishable the more fluid your team plays? Reason I ask is I have been tinkering with a few roles and duties to try a few things out for FM16 and always tend to use fluid. Whilst spending an afternoon trying different roles out in match I don't really notice any difference between say a DLF and DF and a F9 or a BBM, BWM or a CM from by just what I see on screen. May try the same on flexible, structured etc but it's something that has always made me wonder as it seems formation you do see a difference (obviously) but not a marked difference just swapping roles round in the same tactic.

Higher fluidity allows each player more creative freedom, so yes, you will see less distinction between how each role operates when using Fluid or Very Fluid tactics.

Thanks Swansongs. So for instance if I play a DLP.D in a CM three for the sake of better defensive play than a CM.D but at the same time don't want players to focus their passing through him fluid or very fluid would allow that where structured of very structured would make players play through a DLP more?

Thanks Swansongs. So for instance if I play a DLP.D in a CM three for the sake of better defensive play than a CM.D but at the same time don't want players to focus their passing through him fluid or very fluid would allow that where structured of very structured would make players play through a DLP more?

No because the DLP is a playmaker so regardless of set up and instructions used, there will always be a biased towards the playmaking roles. So players will still look to utilise him a lot. However your CM would be more creative than he normally is, so he might do more passes himself if he feels its the right thing to do.

If you don't want players focusing passing through one specific player then I'd stay clear of any of the playmaker roles.