dafuge's FM12 challenge

A quick update from my Worksop game... i'm top of the league after 31 games in my first season, but FC United are hot on my heels. I was 10 points clear at one stage, but a poor run of form has allowed them to catch up. Hopefully I can hold out for promotion!

bluesquarebetnorthoverv.png

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I notice there still seems to be nobody promoted to the BSP yet - does anyone on here think its a bit harder than in previous years.

I always found the first season could be easily done by giving out FT contracts to players.

Edit: looking at Gypsum maybe its just me! 7 losses and 2 wins in the last 9 has wrecked any playoff hopes i had by the same stage.

How do you do that? Im battling against relegation with the same team!!

I think i'm pretty lucky my established FM11 tactics work perfectly for FM12. I've had no problem with signings either, which seems to have been a problem for other players.

hendon.png

HENDON F.C - Season 2012/13

League Table | Squad | Transfers In 1, In 2, Out

Well we missed out on the Play-Offs on goal difference, bit of a downer but after our start I am more than happy with the progress made, with a few additions I can see this team compete better next season. We got knocked out the F.A Cup early so no money there but we won in a few rounds of the F.A Trophy.

Signings of the season are Goalkeeper Loris Karius, Defender Semi Ajayi and Striker Mehdi Lazaar.

Season      Division                    Position        Cups
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13     Blue Square South           6th             F.A Cup 3rd Qual Rnd, F.A Trophy 2nd Rnd

Next season I'm hoping to make the Play-Offs and a good Cup run would be nice!

Created a Steam group for us Dafuge players. Any chance of getting this put in the original post?

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/dafuge12

Joined the group, however don't expect to see me online or in game, until 30th October, when I will be back in the UK. I am however following everyones progress, and looking forward to my own few hours of reloads to try and find an interesting looking team.

Joined the group, however don't expect to see me online or in game, until 30th October, when I will be back in the UK. I am however following everyones progress, and looking forward to my own few hours of reloads to try and find an interesting looking team.

Sounds good Gilbster. Looking forward to your adventure :)

hitchin.png

I have signed for Hitchin due to team colours and the nickname ;) Hopefully the season will be a good one with many more to come. Full update come the end of the season. Me. I also figured re-making their logo into the one above a good idea since their actual one is poor quality plus, I prefer the yellow and green badge to the actual badge colours.

I notice there still seems to be nobody promoted to the BSP yet - does anyone on here think its a bit harder than in previous years.

I always found the first season could be easily done by giving out FT contracts to players.

Edit: looking at Gypsum maybe its just me! 7 losses and 2 wins in the last 9 has wrecked any playoff hopes i had by the same stage.

I'm really struggling. 16th after 12 games and I promised the board a top half finish.

I'm conceeding too many long range goals, so I may have to completely change the formation from a flat 4-4-2 to using a DMC and a single MC

I just survived a takeover of my bury town side. I would have been so demotivated with this challenge if I had to start again after all the hours I've already put in.

And it wasnt worth the stress either. The new chairman isnt planning any investment so our bank balance is still in the red to the tune of a few £100k.

Ive had the followig teams so far

Chester

Cambridge

Northwich

Lowestoft

FC United

Marine

Stafford

Bradford PA

Carshalton

Harrow

St Albans

Tooting and Mitcham

Lewes

Weymouth

Hitchin

Hendon

Kingstonian

Billericay

None of which interest me so far

Dan BHTC: 6th is a great start for season 1 :) Loris Karius is is awesome. I can see you being able to ride him until at least league 2/1. Always nice having a great keeper to bail out some of the horrible decisions lower league defenders make!

Also congrats on the stadium... but I have a feeling that might be a curse this far down. Those loan repayments are gonna be a strain on the finances (which are usually already in the red).

Dan BHTC: 6th is a great start for season 1 :) Loris Karius is is awesome. I can see you being able to ride him until at least league 2/1. Always nice having a great keeper to bail out some of the horrible decisions lower league defenders make!

Also congrats on the stadium... but I have a feeling that might be a curse this far down. Those loan repayments are gonna be a strain on the finances (which are usually already in the red).

Loan repayments are £14.75k per month until 2028!, so if I can have a decent run in the F.A Cup I should be OK for a while until I get my average attendances up

I must say im enjoying how much more challenging playing in conf north/south is. When I first started trying LLM on FM it was easy to sign really good youngsters on loans and then when I last competed in this challenge I was able to get instantly promoted by signing all my players as full time. Whilst it is frustrating I'm enjoying having to worry more about my tactics in the lower leagues than simply signing good players and watching them dominate.

http://s253.photobucket.com/albums/hh78/hypnotherapy/?action=view¤t=CarshaltonAthleticFixtures_Fixtures-2.png

Not a bad pre-season, 4 wins and a draw against our rivals sutton.

Looking forward to updating you all next month as to how the season has started for Carshalton.

Nice one. I won 4 out of 5 friendlies as Redditch - including a 1-0 over League Two Morecambe.

After a brilliant crash dump error that corrupted my save game and meant that I lost progress from 7 games I've had to restart (again) with my Hastings save. Ten games in, stuck at the bottom of the table but I've just gone for 3 up front against the 2nd from bottom team and doubled my goal tally for the season by scoring 4 :-)

Worksop_Town_FC_Badge.png

Worksop Town | Season 2012/13

Table | Positions Graph | Squad | Finances | Transfers

The league campaign started off brightly, faded away completely, and then was reborn from the ashes in order to save the club from relegation. It was far from a vintage season, but the team battled hard for survival and got there, in the end, fairly comfortably - in fact, after the 12th game, we were never in the relegation zone. Always looked like we'd do enough to stay up, but every time I thought we might be able to push on and get into mid-table, we faltered and lost a few on the spin. Oh well...

Probably needed to do more of a clear-out of the dead wood although one of my key players of the season was one who was already at the club. Luckily, I only gave one-year contracts to all my signings so though there were a lot of expensive newbies, most of them will be released this summer for nothing, allowing for me to continue to re-invigorate the team and try to push up the league. After a really good start, we faded, and were fighting for our lives right up to mid-April. No cup runs to speak of, as I lost to lower-league Bridlington in a shocking display in the FA Cup, and though I had impressive, victories against Eastwood and Lowestoft in the FA Trophy, Lincoln were always going to be a step too far in the 2nd round proper.

Financially we are on a steep downward curve, with the wage bill far too high. We lost £250k this season and are £160k in the red. Gonna try to get some big friendlies this summer to gain at least some cash, but a good cup run would be helpful - think of the cash that would be generated by a third round plum tie against a big-4 side! So next season, I want to improve on my position in the league by at least 3 places, and have at least two more cup matches in total. Here's hopin'

Key Players

Stefan Oakes - unspectacular AvR, but did a really good job, chipping in with 12 more key passes than the next best in the squad, and the most assists.

Jamie Tank* - he really is a Tank, though I cant take any credit for finding him. He was a colossus and if he hadnt got injured we might have been closer to mid-table.

Carl Cort - the only other player to get an AvR of over 7. Not going to last much longer and my staff dont think he can do it at this level any more, but 7 goals in 20 starts in a team finishing 17th of 22 isnt half bad, and a few of those were in crucial games at the end of the season.

Aaron Phillips - solid season from Aaron, ran further than anyone else other than Oakes, and is a serious prospect. Put in a lot of key tackles, too. Spent more minutes on the pitch than anyone else.

Luke Beckett - top goalscorer by a country mile, and with 20 goals, the only player to reach double figures. Declined towards the end of the season and is 36 so probably wont get many more (if any).

Sam Duncum - doesnt look like much and probably isnt but he came up with some crucial performances in big games. Was the best player at the club when I arrived. A serious injury kept him out of the team until well into the new year, and he's probably not good enough to push on, but I think he deserves recognition.

(*= fans' player of the year)

Most of the rest will probably be released over the summer in a major clearout to make space for a raid on released EPL players.

Season      Division	         Position     Points     Achievments

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2012/13	    Blue Square North      17th	        45       Avoided relegation

Finally off and running. Won my first friendly 2-0 away at Cray Wanderers. However, one of my first choice strikers twisted his ankle, and is now out for two months. Now I'm left with 3 strikers to choose from.

I have a feeling this might be the sign of things to come! :mad:

ChippenhamTownBadge.png

CHIPPENHAM - BLUE SQUARE SOUTH - 2012/2013

Squad - Transfers In and Out - Final Table - Position History

We started the season on a great run, possibly helped by a pre-season friendly victory over local rivals Swindon, that saw us go top for a few weeks after the first 10 games of the season. Sadly the bad run that so many others have suffered from saw us slide down to midtable where we remained for the rest of the season with relegation never really a threat. We did nothing in the cups, suffering a surprise loss to Swindon Supermarine in the FA Cup 2nd Qualifying Round and a narrow defeat to Hampton & Richmond in the FA Trophy 3rd Qualifying Round.

HIGH - Coming 3rd in the 'Manager of the Season' vote. Oh and beating eventual playoff winners Woking.

LOW - Losing 7-1 to Dorchester

STAR - Adam Francis. Signed him after the season started but he was clearly a good player, even when he wasn't scoring he was still a consistent performer. I've already got him signed up for next season!

FINAL POSITION - 15TH

I signed Beadle in my game and he's already on his way out this summer ;)

He never really performed in the games I used him in, picked up 3 yellow cards in the 9 games he played and I'm sure I had a stand off with him when he moaned about a lack of first team opportunities. Hope he does a bit better for you.

Argh! I've let too many players go and cant find any decent players to replace them! Help! Where are all these Premiership rejects people keep discussing?! Going to bed now - still got time in the transfer window but where are all these players I've been assured I can get - thats why I let a fair few go, my squad is now soooooo thin!!!!

EDT: Just had a "one more day" "one more day" "one more day" hour! Just played the first league game of the season, a really disappointing 2-0 defeat at Nuneaton. Tomorrow we need to get this sorted!!!

Where are all these Premiership rejects people keep discussing?!

I've found that they flat out refuse to talk to you for some months, but after a while they will. I had some players refuse to discuss contracts with me in August, but in October they would. Seems they lower their standards when they don't get any other clubs attention for a while.

What I did this summer was to scout everyone under 21 who was released from all Premiership clubs during the summer(a painstalking job, and it took about half an hour) and tried to offer a contract to all of them(but no one would even talk to me). If they signed for another club I removed them from my shortlist. At October there where quite a number of players left on my list and some of them would now talk contracts with me. Got a couple of good ones, but the real gems were allready poached by bigger clubs.

God damn, I'm only 4 days late and already we're at almost 500 posts here!

Anyway, holidaying now.

Tempted to just take FC United, just to take the chance to humiliate Man Utd when I surpass them, but maybe should set myself a harder challenge.

Going to be seeing a few changes next season at this rate because I refuse to pay the ridiculous wages that players are suggesting. Should have paid more attention and locked them in for 2 years in the first place...

Finally on a roll at Hastings Utd, got 1st choice right back and def mid back that were injured in pre-season only trouble is it's now mid march and playing for nothing but pride due to major problems of not finding any suitable for a month or so

currently on a run of 14 played, 5 wins 7 draws 2 loses so hopefully we can keep the run going to finish as high as possible

Inspired by someone earlier in this thread, I noticed Bedford had no manager when they came up, so I applied and was offered the job!

So, I am now manager of The Eagles

Now the hard work begins...

I think you are doing it wrong?

1. Create a fake manager.

2. Holiday to the 23rd of June 2012.

3. Holiday 1 day.

4. Look which teams pop up as new ones in BSN/BSS.

5. Repeat 3+4 until you find the one you like.

6. Retire the fake manager.

7. Create yourself as manager.

8. Select the team you want.

9. Play until you drop :)

12513552212692OCFC-logo.jpg

Oxford City Football Club Season 2012/13

Well, that was an amazing first season really. I did far better than I had ever expected to and finished 9th overall hovering mid-table for most of the season. We went on a Fourteen match unbeaten run and I managed a Manager of the Month Award. It was actually a disappointing result in the end because we had a real shot at the playoffs with 9 games to go but our form went a bit wonky when the unbeaten run ended. Our 14th game was against Farnborough in 1st and it came to an end against Bromley who were in 11th!

Final Table and Graph

As far as cup runs go - lost in the first game of the FA Cup and lost in the first round of the FA trophy - all to clubs in lower divisions.

As far as transfers go I brought in 17 players and let 15 go. Only 3 players at the club when I arrived saw any kind of significant game time.

Players of Note

Top 3

3. Liam Blakeman - My midfield maestro with 10 assists. Liam controlled my midfield like a master and kicked off countless attacking moves by playing others into the front third.

2. Darlington Iroha - I signed this guy in December and in February he was chasing the tails of the golden boot leaders grabbing the for Feb. He went on a rampage as soon as I signed him, never content to score only 1 goal a game. If he hadn't been injured for 6 weeks towards the end of the season we probably would have been pushing that playoff spot and he'd be in line for the Golden Boot. He finished with 14 goals, 3 assists and 4 MoM performances in 19 appearances. The best part is I've signed him until 2016 on 85 pound a week! :D

1. Lewis Powell - My surprise package. I signed him with a view to him being a backup striker because while he has pace and finishing I was expecting that his composure of 5 would have him spraying balls all over the shop. He was spraying balls all over the shop but still knocked in 15 goals and also provided 9 assists. He definitely was a major contributor to how we finished. Shame he won't be staying but his wage demands are just stupid.

Special mention: Daniel Wilkinson - One of the players already at the club when I arrived who turned out to be a very tidy defender chipping in with 3 goals and 5 assists

as well.

Goals for next season

There is no reason that we can't be pushing for promotion. I need to do another clearout and bring in a few better players to work with the couple of stars that I've managed to hang onto.

Wouldn't mind a few good cup wins to boost the finances either.

Archived