dafuge's FM12 challenge

Worksop Season Review (12/13)

Table

Graph

Season Review: A rough start to FM2012 for me, we had a nasty slump at the end of the season and each game got more and more painful to watch. Depth was a big issue and something I need to correct for next season, no real bright sparks from any of the players also, boring season all around.

Cups:

FA Cup

FA Trophy

Team Info:

Finances

Transfers

Squad

Players:

Karius - GK - Solid early find from my first hired scout, looks like he will be strong for atleast the early years.

Young- M - Decent signing, but nothing special.

Next Season: More depth, maybe switch things up tactically.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BadgeTooting_and_Mitcham_United.png

#23 - Tooting & Mitcham - Blue Square South - 2012/13

League Table/Graph/League Stats/Finances

A great season in the league finishing as champions. Just the 4 losses but some very hard fought draws. Feel the constant improvement of players helped us push on. Jamil Adam is miles ahead on Goals and Ben Williamson had the most assists. A 20k profit all down to the cup run keeps us in the black. Loads of players in and out.

Squad Stats/Transfers 1/Transfers 2

Key Player Profiles

Jamil Adam - Low league Chicharito. Goals, Goals and more Goals. Movement in out of this world as he just loses his marker and find that yard of space to get in the right place at the right time. But thats not all, I love how he is not selfish, plenty of times he has been 1on1 with the gk and the shot is on and anyone would be tempted but he just passes to a teammate to get a guaranteed goal. Won Player of the Year

Ben Williamson - Jamil would not be affective without Ben. Draws defenders as he drops deep and link-ups for fun.

La'Vere Corbin-Ong - "The Mop". With his speed he is the perfect cover player and he just cleans up the mess. With him being a Canadian International he does get call up for duty at weird times and has missed some key games.

0,,10417~9220422,00.jpg

A great run in the FA Trophy which end up with us being champions. Fairly easy up untill we faced my home town and current holders Wrexham where basicaly is was a smash and grab in the 1st leg. 18 shot to 4 and wrexham had 59% possesion. 2nd Leg was more even and we just edged it but deserved to win. Hard fought final and red card made things even harder but we came through

Fixtures/Final

FA%20Cup%20Logo.jpg

Great run in the FA Cup. A few early blips but managed to win replays vs two BSS teams then a easy win vs Concord Rangers and two wins vs BSP sides set up a tie vs Brighton away where we basically got smashed.

Fixtures/Final

[Center][b][u]Career Overview[/u][/b]

| Season Team | League | League Finish | Achievements |
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| 2012/13 Tooting & Mitcham | BSS | 1st | BSS Champions/FA Trophy Winners/3rd Round of FA Cup |[/Center]

My Next Season Aims

Keep building on the squad/get rid of dead wood

Push for play-offs

Decent cup run to keep the money coming in

Tactics

Playing a quick counter attack 442/424 which is perfect for our home wide pitch but will need to come up with an away formation especially vs higher div teams

If anyone wants to see any screenshots of anything (players etc) just ask :)

Reading all this makes me a little sad. My game is still being sent over from ozgameshop and i kinda need to finish my hsc (end of year 12 exams) so i cant play yet. I did this challenge in fm10 and i didnt really look at the rep that my team (Guisely?) had. Does a reputation difference of ~200 really make that big of a difference?

Having a really rough pre season, not finding anyone I want to pick up....

2nd season syndrome - i've found the same. Even worse since i couldn't get some backup/squad players to sign new contracts for what they were worth and had to let them go

Well, Hastings United is ready to roll for the 12/13 campaign. First couple of weeks were spent bringing in staff --- a pair of scouts, an AM, and a coach. A trial day, and a couple players the scouts brought knowledge of were brought in to be the core of the team formation. The preseason matches were a bit of a mixed bag of results, as the team is still needing to gel. Offensively, we are looking pretty good...but we definitely need to work on defense.

Here are the results for the preseason.

And here are my preseason transfers

Not a lot in yet...I'm letting my scouts develop some leads---right now, defence will be my priority.

First matches coming up....

2nd season syndrome - i've found the same. Even worse since i couldn't get some backup/squad players to sign new contracts for what they were worth and had to let them go

Yep I had to raid the reserves and U18...Had my wage budget cut in half. They for sure upped the difficulty for the lower leagues.

Im never the favourite. ever.

I'm experiencing the same thing with my Chesham squad. Well almost, if I get a couple of wins I'm at roughly the same as the teams in relegation if I'm playing at home.

May/June transfers been add to last season list so I'll post who I've signed below.

Ash Taylor

Ben Alnwick

Nicky Hunt

Matthew Lund

Robbie Brady

Daniel Devine

Chris Riggot

Time to see if I can get rid of the dead wood :D

Gratz welsh those are some amazing signings, you'd almost be happy taking them in L1 given their age and chance to develop, Hunt and Alnwick are proper premiership players :thup:

no wonder my team keep conceding silly goals just had a look at the team comparison page.

not good reading bottom in 4 catogories and 3rd bottom in another 2 no wonder we keep letting in stupid goals

so cant believe we are playing well and sit in 6th at the moment

is that new? i must check it out...

edit: omg.. i have the slowest defence with the worst positioning

nice new feature

sarahlomaxnewsinbox2.png

it is new right? :p

i assume so.

on another topic, i just won my first game away from home :) and had my DL break his arm, out for 2 months :(

May/June transfers been add to last season list so I'll post who I've signed below.

Ash Taylor

Ben Alnwick

Nicky Hunt

Matthew Lund

Robbie Brady

Daniel Devine

Chris Riggot

Damn, how do you attract such players to you? I can't get half the players they are to even discuss a contract. I know you started with a team of more reputation than me(T&M=1150, Chesham 900), but those guys would knock my guys to the ground. This is my best defender......

Ash Taylor

Ben Alnwick

Nicky Hunt

Matthew Lund

Robbie Brady

Daniel Devine

Chris Riggot

I can't believe you managed to sign Brady - he retired in mar of the first season in my game - was rated prem potential as well.

Gotten rid of most of the deadwood and brought in:

Stephen Wainwright

Mike Symons

Matt Somner

Matt Cafer

Karl Cunningham

Earl Davis

Danny Boshell

Some good players for BSN brought in then. Davis has been made my new captain having joined from Southport, Symons scored 14 in the same league for Worcester last season, and Cafer will compete for the number 1 shirt with Ben Hinchcliffe. There's not a lot between them, so should be an interesting battle.

All in all a good squad for a promotion challenge (hopefully!) this season. I will post a little bit here, but the main place to follow it will be in the careers forum - Here

Drew. Lowestoft Town. Blue Square North. 2013/2014

Came top, Stalybridge were on my ass the whole time, but we managed to hold them off and secure promotion.

Squad was vastly improved with a lot of deadwood leaving, unfortunately we were still over our wage budget and so, added to the fact were were knocked out of the cups early on, we went into debt :(

We also have a new stadium on the way, which I dont understand as we dont even sell our current one out :confused:

Aims for next season:

Survive.

Improve squad.

Make some money.

Slow going in the pre-season trying to get new signings in. Scouts digging through them and I've signed a bunch of useless idiots already. I feel it might just be a long season. Only chucking a few players out, will identify the deadwood come January time because at the moment, I cant quite tell who's awful and who is playable.

Hastings Utd - Season 12/13

A mixed season, where the bulk of my money was spent releasing overpaid, yet useless, players from the existing squad. One of my first signings was this guy who in theory should have been decent (especially as I spent 25% of my wage budget on him), but proved to be merely adequate and was subsequently released once safety had been achieved.

A handful of losses early on left me worried, but a strong mid-season period left me safe with a number of games to go, and the tail-off at the season end could be attributed to releasing a number of expensive flops.

A reasonable finish of 11th / graph should be bettered next season after my scouts found a number of Irish youngsters who have 'leading star' status (hence releasing older players towards the end of this season), but sadly they were found too late to sign for this season.

My transfers were a bit frantic and wild early on, trying to bolster the squad, but next season I'll be looking to keep a tight-knit group of around 20 players.

My player of the season was this fella, but I can't help but feel I offered too much in wages to re-sign him for next year.

Here was my pre-season profile by the way.

So all in all, a bitty season with some highs and a lot of lows.

Summary: BSS, league pos 11th

(columbouk pos#1 on leaderboard)

So, time for the first update. To begin with, i will start to apologise my bad english, but i am from Denmark, som what can i do ?

Im playing with Bedford, and started the first season, with one single goal... To avoid relegation. It started very well, with a 4-2 victory against Vauxhall, and followed it up with a 3-3 draw against giant favorites from Hyde. But after that, everything became a nightmare. 5 matches, 5 losses, then a single draw against Nuneaton. And now i've played nine matches, and my form for the matches is silly 1-2-6. I've also played FA Cup 2. Qual Round, and it was here i thougt we could raise our form against the non-league team Spalding. But here we was embarrased again, and got a loss on 1-4 away. So after 9 matches, we only just can avoid relegation with one point. Not so easy as i thougt.

http://i748.photobucket.com/albums/xx123/jskovc/9kampedafugeschallenge.png

-Jskovc

So, time for the first update. To begin with, i will start to apologise my bad english, but i am from Denmark, som what can i do ?

Im playing with Bedford, and started the first season, with one single goal... To avoid relegation. It started very well, with a 4-2 victory against Vauxhall, and followed it up with a 3-3 draw against giant favorites from Hyde. But after that, everything became a nightmare. 5 matches, 5 losses, then a single draw against Nuneaton. And now i've played nine matches, and my form for the matches is silly 1-2-6. I've also played FA Cup 2. Qual Round, and it was here i thougt we could raise our form against the non-league team Spalding. But here we was embarrased again, and got a loss on 1-4 away. So after 9 matches, we only just can avoid relegation with one point. Not so easy as i thougt.

http://i748.photobucket.com/albums/xx123/jskovc/9kampedafugeschallenge.png

-Jskovc

No need to apologize. Not everyone is an expert in english.

If you even looses to a non-league team, then perhaps your tactic is wrong. Try tweak it a bit.

Held og lykke :)

BadgeChesham_United.png

Chesham - Blue Square South - 2014/15

League Table

Fixtures

Finances - Want some really terrible financial advice? Here let me help you :)

What a funny old season. Our first game against a really bad Wealdstone team with a 1-1 draw and we played terribly. From there, with minimal signings and a few losses in the offseason, we had no hope as we were broke. The squad decided to prove me wrong however and were amazing. A 14 game unbeaten streak through the middle of the season was a highlight as was the myriad of close draws in the close fixture time with the FA Trophy stealing our time and postponed games stealing my mind. Bloody English weather.

With an embarrassing loss to Braintree in our second last game, we needed to win against eventual league winners Hayes & Yeading or have Bromley lose their final game. We fought really well against a superior opponent and eventually lost, but so did Bromley, so we were headed to our first promotion playoff with me at the helm.

Semi-Final

We drew Eastleigh who were winning for a lot of the season until H&Y stole the lead on the last day with a win over us, so Eastleigh hated our guts with good reason.

In the First leg, we took an early lead but were gutted when the Spitfires went 2-1 up with time running out. A quick double with time running out scored us the win and a good lead heading into the second leg.

In what proved to be quite a boring game, we took an early lead through troubled striker Elliot lead and parked the bus to take the game and book ourselves a spot in the final.

Final

Quite a dull game against Salisbury, with them dominating in the first half over the park but not being able to turn it into points. Our boys had the wind taken out of their sails in the 46th minute when Derek Gill scored a screamer to take the lead, but Chesham player of the season Alberto Seidi took it back with a fantastic individual effort two minutes later. It was back and forth for the rest of the half, but we were lucky to survive.

Towards the end of the first half of ET, diaster struck when Thomas Boakye shot the ball into our goal to send Salisbury into the lead and in everyone's mind it was enough to secure promotion. Boakye wasn't having any of that and when given the oppurtunity of the lifetime five minutes into the second half from a corner, he flew high and headed it home. 2-2. After a dull ending where both sides played it cool, we were going to penalties.

It was quiet until Irish Salisbury defender Ryan Brett skyed his penalty and Al-Basith nailed his, giving us a lead. When Boakye missed one, we were back on level footing and after 5 each were even. Jack Lyons stepped up, the striker and captain not known for his penalties and rocketed it home. Marc Sayer stepped up for the Whites and nailed the ball, but a terrific save from Taudul was taking the Generals to the next level. BSP BABY!

0,,10417~9220422,00.jpg

A disapointing finish to what was a good run. Games against Kidderminster and Fleetwood were really tough and showed some character to get though, but the fixture congestion really got to us towards the end where we played a game every 3-4 days for over a month.

FA%20Cup%20Logo.jpg

I sat my key guys for most of these games and the results though. We played terribly against Darlington though, which I wasn't happy with.

Squad - quite suprising how well the team has gelled. We still lack depth which was shown when Taudul was injured halfway through the season for 2 months. Luckily we have a fantastic young kid who stepped up and did really well in the big leagues, despite only being 15.

Key Player Profiles

Mateusz Taudul - Fantastic Polish keeper who I had a lot of faith in once I dropped Speiss. Has shown us his class this season and capped it off by saving the penalty in the final which took us forward. Still only 20 as well, so he has a lot of football left in him.

Alberto Seidi - Seidi was super disappointing when I first signed him, but has shown promise as his finishing has improved and was up there with Hecker for player of the year. He broke all kinds of scoring records at the club and is a major part of our success.

Player of the Season

Paul Hecker - Getting better and better, but seems to run out of juice at the end of the season. Has needed a 2-4 week break for the last two seasons right when I needed him most. Still, he is fantastic and easily one of out best.

Up and Comers

Marcus Stephens - He hasn't really got any better in the last season which is disappointing and probably due to our terrible facilities and lack of a youth coach.

Transfers - Heenan was crap but Elliot has been a surprise packet. After complaining mid season about not getting enough game time, I gave him some minutes and he played his heart out. Will feature prominently next year. The players who left were deadweight except for Andrews who announced his retirement then left the club once his contract was up to search for another one.

Career Overview

Season       Team                       Country                  League                 League Finish             Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13    Chesham United               England           Blue Square South            19th                  
2013/14    Chesham United               England           Blue Square South            11th                             FA Trophy Runner Up
2014/15    Chesham United               England           Blue Square South             5th                             Promotion via Playoffs / FA Trophy Semis

TAKEOVER!

Woohoo! Salvation! (Maybe)

Next Season

Build a Premier Div squad

Stay up

Tactics

Still running the 442. not even going to try my other tactics until at least league football. Will need full time players I think for it to work.

Major Competition Winners

Premier League - Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, Man City, Chelsea, Stoke (BORING)

Championship - Newcastle

League 1 - Bournemouth

League 2 - Oxford

BSP - Dag & Red

BSN/BSS - Gateshead/H&Y

F.A Cup - Fulham

F.A. Trophy - Dag & Red

UEFA Champions League - Man Utd

Europa League - OM

A-League - Gold Coast United/Gold Coast United (Brisbane 2nd/2nd)

Damn, how do you attract such players to you? I can't get half the players they are to even discuss a contract. I know you started with a team of more reputation than me(T&M=1150, Chesham 900), but those guys would knock my guys to the ground. This is my best defender......

Likely got a good rep increase with winning the FA trophy and BSS. Would the FA Cup run increase it As well? Having looked I've got the lowest Rep in BSP and some BSN/BSS have higher. So don't know where that put us :confused:

I can't believe you managed to sign Brady - he retired in mar of the first season in my game - was rated prem potential as well.

Think he was leading L1 on mine but can't see scout reports and coaches can't tell yet. Had interest from Aberdeen up until I signed which may of stopped him from retiring and likely would of i I didn't.

Archived