dafuge's FM12 challenge

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GreyedOutMan - good to see you survived relegation and glad to help with Tank - hes going to be my best player this season i think.

As someone mentioned the ex prem youth players will often sign for you oct onwards - also check in may time for any that wouldn't sign as i found in previous versions this is when some players would finally cut there losses and sign for you.

I think you are doing it wrong?

1. Create a fake manager.

2. Holiday to the 23rd of June 2012.

3. Holiday 1 day.

4. Look which teams pop up as new ones in BSN/BSS.

5. Repeat 3+4 until you find the one you like.

6. Retire the fake manager.

7. Create yourself as manager.

8. Select the team you want.

9. Play until you drop :)

Yes but as Worksop were managerless, I created my manager unemployed and applied for the job. Small thing but very satisfying.

Just had the first batch of youths - none of them really appear very good even though 2 are rated at 4 stars potential. Signed up those who were 2.5 stars and will get rid of the rest, at least i won't have total rubbish hanging around for years now.

Inspired by someone earlier in this thread, I noticed Bedford had no manager when they came up, so I applied and was offered the job!

So, I am now manager of The Eagles

Now the hard work begins...

I think you are doing it wrong?

1. Create a fake manager.

2. Holiday to the 23rd of June 2012.

3. Holiday 1 day.

4. Look which teams pop up as new ones in BSN/BSS.

5. Repeat 3+4 until you find the one you like.

6. Retire the fake manager.

7. Create yourself as manager.

8. Select the team you want.

9. Play until you drop :)

Yes, this is what I did, except instead of selecting my team, I added myself unemployed and applied for the job.

Yes but as Worksop were managerless, I created my manager unemployed and applied for the job. Small thing but very satisfying.

I assume there's no breach of rules starting unemployed and getting yourself hired, rather than simply ousting the current manager?

As GreyedOutMan says, it feels pretty good to get the job on merit :)

Question: season 1, Hitchin played in BSN - now in season 2, they are playing in BSS?

If that continues, does that mean that eventually in PRM (should i get that far) they would play in Germany in season 2? :o

Hastings Utd - reddevil4ever - Blue Square Bet South - Season 2012-13

Well what a season with us only ensuring staying in the league with 5 games to spare. This was due to losing best def mid for 8 months and right back for 5 months in pre-season, the right back then got injured for another 3 months in training straight after recovering from 1st injury.

It took nearly 25 games before the team gelled and started to play how i want them to, i put this down to the fact of trying out several players in the 2 positions i had injuries in till i found the right ones for the role.

Squad Table Graph Finances Transfers1 Transfers2 Best Player

plan for next season

1) to lower wage spend to keep finances in check by letting players nearing end of contract on high wages leave if not likely to make 1st team

2) improve squad depth by replacing players that leave due to rule above with youth players on low wages that make the grade

3) try to reach playoffs

if anyone wants to follow my progress on twitter @reddevil4ever1

Congrats Gypsum. :thup:

Well done Gypsum. I always enjoy reading about people's exploits in dafuge's challenge, but seeing as the team I support is in the BSS, I can never be bothered. Will be watching though :p

Hope they're relegated for next year then! ;)

How's the morale?

I'm asking because you played a lot of friendlies against bigger clubs and lost every single one of them. Personally I like to use the last couple of friendlies against similar or smaller clubs to give the team a chance to get into the winning mentality.

Although I must admit that it's not working for me this time as results are sketchy at the least, but a part of that may be recruiting too many players at the start of the season and missing out on potential gems who would have been willing to join me later on during the season because I'm at or pretty close to the top of my wage budget.

I've been at this an hour now, trying to get Whitby or any team that is below 1000.

I have Kendal Town and Chesham saves if you're interested. They're from different holiday saves than what I'm using myself so your game will still be unique.

To sign a player, you must be able to scout them, this doesn't mean you have to, just he must be accessible to your scouts. If you have a foreign player on a free transfer who is willing to come on trial, you do not need to be able to scout them, as long as you have them at the club on trial so you can get a coach report on him. If an agent offers you a player, you can sign him without scouting him.

Hi all, new to this challenge.. can any1 let me know what does the above mean?? still trying to re-load my games for team hehe

Hi all, new to this challenge.. can any1 let me know what does the above mean?? still trying to re-load my games for team hehe

It means you can't sign a player 'blind'. He needs to either be in your scouting range, willing to come on trial or offered to you by an agent.

Basically in order to sign a player he needs to either be accessible to your scouts, have accepted a trial period with you (so that he is at your club, on trial), or be offered to you by an agent.

Archived