[FM11] dafuge on tour

dafuge

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I bet that's a bit gutting isn't it as Portmouth have some decent youngsters that you could have got. Are you going to look at getting another one?

I'm not a fan of loaning players, so that won't make much difference. I may look for another parent club but only really for the friendly every year.

Dafuge I know how to post screenshots etc. But what do you use so its like this "read this" and then you click on the link and it comes up and what programe do you use thanks in advance :D

This should help:

How to Add Links

At the top of the forum, go to 'quick links' then 'edit options'. At the bottom, select 'enhanced interface' and save the changes. This will give you access to the extra posting tools that make it easier to post links. Once you've done this, highlight the word you wish to turn into a link, then use the link button (looks like a little globe) to paste in the direct Url to your screenshot.

Have you only done one season so far? Im finding that it is taking a long time to get through seasons at the moment learning the new game

I'm not far off finishing my second, should be done by tomorrow night. I might even be able to get a third done over the weekend, or at least most of it.

I'm not far off finishing my second, should be done by tomorrow night. I might even be able to get a third done over the weekend, or at least most of it.

glad it isnt just me then!! Im sure it wont be long till i can do a season in one or two sittings again! Cant wait till you get into this one and move around, some leagues id love to see you tackle there!

Dafuge, I remember you had this awesome modification to the split view on FM10, which gave you three windows instead or two.

I take it from your screenshots that you haven't worked out how to transfer this to FM11 yet?

I tried the mod with FM2010 and it didn't work, hopefully there will be an FM2011 version.

Havant & Waterlooville - Blue Square Bet South - 2011/12

Last season I took the H&W job and picked them up from the foot of the table to a top half finish, this season I was looking for promotion.

League Table

League Positions Graph

After a poor start we found ourselves climbing and eventually topping the table. Unfortunately we couldn't keep ourselves there as the tiredness set in and we slipped back down to 3rd.

Playoff semi leg 1 - it was a great first leg result which looked good enough to see us through to the final.

Playoff semi leg 2 - we blew it.

FA Cup - not the greatest of cup runs.

FA Trophy - things were looking great as we beat BSP Macclesfield over two legs in the semi finals, but we faced BSP leaders Bradford in the final. It was just a few days after our playoff first leg so our tired team just couldn't cope with them. We did fight back, but it was all over after the first half. The bonus was the finances, as the Wembley appearance brought in close to £500k which we badly needed.

Squad - for this division we have a great squad, but we might need to add to it to avoid the problems with tiredness.

Transfers - there was a big clear-out and a small number of key players brought in.

Key Player Profiles

Nadir Ciftci - this was my most exciting signing, and my top scorer.

Kudus Oyenuga - a decent return from the second striker.

Aaron Moses-Garvey - great stuff once again from the midfielder.

Luke Hubbins - he was signed as a winger but has impressed in a striker role.

Jacob Hronec - a decent season from the winger/full back.

Career Overview

Season     Team                 Country    League                   League Finish    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11    Havant & W           England    Blue Square Bet South    8th              Took over in October
2011/12    Havant & W           England    Blue Square Bet South    3rd              Lost in playoffs, FA Trophy finalists

Next Season

The board takeover happened, with an appointment from within who cleared the debt with a loan. With the finances sorted and the bonus from the Wembley appearance I should have a decent budget to bring in new players for next season.

I've signed another one year contract, so I'm determined to get this club promoted before I even consider thinking about other jobs.

You should easily do it this time.

I should hope so. With the increased finances I asked the board about improving our scouting and was given the chance to hire 6 scouts and scout the whole of Europe, so hopefully I'll be able to add a few foreign stars for next season.

I should hope so. With the increased finances I asked the board about improving our scouting and was given the chance to hire 6 scouts and scout the whole of Europe, so hopefully I'll be able to add a few foreign stars for next season.

That's incredible for a BSS club! Definitely have to aim for the title next year

Andrea Zola, that's Gianfranco's son isn't it?

Steve Lozano-Calderon and Bally Smart both ex-Charlton. Neither did a great deal then?

Indeed it is. I didn't realise until I noticed he used to play for West Ham then looked it up.

Those two were pretty poor, even at this level.

Quite a season there Dafuge. Unlucky on the play-offs and the FA Trophy final. Quite a journey already though! :)

Blimey! Crazy stuff! :eek:

Good luck for next season! :thup:

Good start Dafuge,goodluck next year on achieving promotion.

Do you have most of your key players nailed down on contracts for the upcoming season?

Yes, I renewed all the ones I wanted to towards the end of the season.

I've cleared out a bit of the dead wood, signed around ten new players and built up my back room staff. With the squad I've now got I'd be amazed if we didn't challenge for the title.

Are you going to take the first job you are offered or will you wait until you want to move somewhere else

I'm not sure really, I think I'll just wait and see what happens. Hopefully if I can get H&W promoted I'll get noticed by a few more clubs as at the moment I am only being mentioned, no offers have come in.

What have you got in the reserves and on the youth team?

How is Oliver Nicholas for you? I see he only had 20 starts for you, which isn't surprising given who his central defensive mates are on that team. Each time I've played a game at this level, he always pops up on my radar and I cannot resist taking him in. It might be just because he's from Eritrea and I feel a bit sorry for anyone from that poor country. :D

What have you got in the reserves and on the youth team?

How is Oliver Nicholas for you? I see he only had 20 starts for you, which isn't surprising given who his central defensive mates are on that team. Each time I've played a game at this level, he always pops up on my radar and I cannot resist taking him in. It might be just because he's from Eritrea and I feel a bit sorry for anyone from that poor country. :D

That is it, the reserves and youth squads are empty. The squad was a bit small last season due to the finances, this year I've made it a bit bigger since we can afford it.

Oliver Nicholls is starting to break into the first team, although I doubt he'll stay there when other players return from injury. I think he'll always just be a backup.

It has recently changed from 'Unproven' to Regional' :cool:

Congrats Dafuge.

Interestingly (for me anyways) our saves are extremely similar at the moment. I won the BSN in my 3rd season, my rep changed from unproven to regional after. We even had our 100th club match at the same point, in the FA Cup 1st round...spooky haha

I know that the similarities will soon end there as judging by your past careers you always end up being outrageously successful!

Congrats Dafuge.

Interestingly (for me anyways) our saves are extremely similar at the moment. I won the BSN in my 3rd season, my rep changed from unproven to regional after. We even had our 100th club match at the same point, in the FA Cup 1st round...spooky haha

I know that the similarities will soon end there as judging by your past careers you always end up being outrageously successful!

Would you agree that, so far anyway, that this is shaping up to be the best LLM FM yet?

Havant & Waterlooville - Blue Square Bet South - 2012/13

With a defeat in the playoffs last season we were determined to make a real push for promotion.

League Table

League Positions Graph

Despite a shaky start we soon found ourselves at the top of the table and pulling away. We had a little wobble with allowed the others to catch up but we finished strongly and eventually ran away with it.

FA Cup - we had a phenomenal run knocking out L2 Lincoln, BSP Newport County and L1 Yeovil before eventually being edged out by Championship Swansea. It was a shame not to get a dream draw but the run did our finances a favour anyway.

FA Trophy - I didn't want a repeat of the tiredness we suffered last season so I looked for an early exit, just a shame it came at the hands of our rivals Eastleigh.

Squad - this squad is far too good for this league, I fancy them to do fairly well next year with just a few additions.

Transfers - the extended scouting the board granted us allowed us to look further abroad and bring in a quartet of classy Spaniards.

Key Player Profiles

Kudus Oyenuga - Ciftci was on fire until he suffered a bad injury, Kudus stepped in and kept him out of the team.

Dani Sanchez - a superb debut season for the midfielder.

Luke Hubbins - has finally found his role as a supporting striker.

Nadir Ciftci - still a good return, but a 3 month injury ruined his season.

Mustapha Traore - the rock at the back.

Career Overview

Season     Team                 Country    League                   League Finish    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11    Havant & W           England    Blue Square Bet South    8th              Took over in October
2011/12    Havant & W           England    Blue Square Bet South    3rd              Lost in playoffs, FA Trophy finalists
2012/13    Havant & W           England    Blue Square Bet South    1st              Promoted as champions

Next Season

I've signed another one year contract extension but I'm starting to keep an eye out for my name being linked with other jobs, League 1 Oxford being the highlight so far. Unless an offer comes in, I'll be looking to get this club into the Football League within the next couple of years.

Archived