[FM11] dafuge on tour

dafuge

After my mammoth game with Tooting & Mitcham last year it was about time I tried something new, so this year for FM2011 I am going to try a journeyman save for the first time since FM2008.

Here's my initial setup

Brazil - I've always been a fan of Brazilian football, I'll be looking to manage there later on in my career.

England - this is where I intend to start and build up my career, I'm planning on managing a number of English clubs before even considering moving abroad.

France - I don't think I've ever managed here before, but I might this time.

Germany - I'm planning on spending some time in this country at some point.

Italy - I'll possibly move here at some point.

South Korea - not being able to manage an Asian national team frustrated me in my last game, so this should give me that chance.

Spain - I'm bound to end up here at some point.

Wales - the wildcard, hopefully at some point I'll get a chance to move here later on in my career and test out the dynamic league reputation.

I've started with the 11.1 patch with a large database with the players from top clubs from every continent loaded.

My profile

For the first time I've actually included a bit of personal information with my Welsh heritage and my favourite club, Portsmouth. Hopefully I'll get a chance to manage them at some point during this save.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I should add now that with the issue with the Spanish leagues there is a chance I may have to start this career again, if that is the case then hopefully I will be able to keep the details in the opening post the same and start my career once again without any disruption to the thread. (this post will be deleted)

Did you load it up again as it looked like you only had it up to Blue Square Bet Premier may have been mistaken though

I did initially load it up to the BSP and take a screenshot by mistake, so the link in the OP may well link to the old one. It should be ok if you clear your cache.

Good luck with the Hawks Dafuge. :thup:

Sounds like the perfect place to start for you!

This really is the perfect place for me to start, it is in the league I wanted to start in and the club already has links with my favourite team, I couldn't have picked a better team.

Havant & Waterlooville - Blue Square Bet South - 2010/11

After spending just a few months on holiday, I was given the chance to make my managerial debut at local club Havant & Waterlooville. Despite being predicted to finish 5th, the club were in real trouble at the wrong end of the table.

League Table

League Positions Graph

It took a while for things to improve, but once my new signings got used to each other the team starting playing well and made a late dash or the playoffs. It was always going to be a tough task and we finished well short of them.

FA Cup - we did well to reach the first round but lost to BSP Darlington.

FA Trophy - our run was short as we lost to local rivals Eastleigh.

Squad - the squad is pretty good for this league now but it has taken all year to get it this way.

Transfers - there was a major clear-out as I replaced most of the team with new free transfers. There was a slight profit made on the transfers but I made a big loss over the season.

Key Player Profiles

Aaron Moses-Garvey - he joined us quite late on but his goals from midfield helped our form in the second half of the season.

Nathan Livings - our top striker, although he wasn't great.

Wes Fogden - the best of the original H&W squad.

Mustapha Traoré - a solid experienced player at the back.

Tristan Plummer - our second striker.

Career Overview

Season     Team                 Country    League                   League Finish    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11    Havant & W           England    Blue Square Bet South    8th              Took over in October

Next Season

8th position was a pretty decent finish considering I spent most of the season concentrating on improving the playing and non playing staff. Hopefully next season with a bit more stability we can make a decent push for promotion.

Decent finish Dafuge considering how things were when you took over. :thup:

We stumbled a bit towards the end meaning we missed out on the playoffs but I was still happy with that finish. I'd have taken mid table when I took over without a thought.

Great to see a new career thread for you, dafuge. I followed your Tooting & Mitcham thread all the way to the end :D

Using the same tactic as in the T&M career?

Very similar actually. I've created the tactic from scratch but it has the same 4-4-2 diamond formation and the same style of play. I'm getting a lot more joy from my wingers this year, when they manage to beat their man they are putting in some great crosses.

In my experience things don't usually get going until the first full season.

If only :(

I worked hard to improve the squad over the summer and picked up a couple of strikers who I thought would rip this league apart. Seven games in and I'm in 14th with eight points, I thought I'd be challenging for the title :D

I really hope things improve, we've had some shocking defeats to teams we should be beating easily.

If only :(

I worked hard to improve the squad over the summer and picked up a couple of strikers who I thought would rip this league apart. Seven games in and I'm in 14th with eight points, I thought I'd be challenging for the title :D

I really hope things improve, we've had some shocking defeats to teams we should be beating easily.

It's your tactics. :D

Things have finally picked up and we are playing great football once again, up to 5th in the league.

The bad news is that I have plunged the club into a massive £250k debt, which is perhaps why the chairman looks like he is trying to sell the club. With just a year left on my contract I could find myself looking for a new job a little earlier than expected :eek:

Daf know you must get asked this often but how in the world do you get through seasons so quickly?

I spent a rather large amount of time playing it at the weekend, 22 hours to be precise :D

Letting my assistant take the press conferences helps, but I do everything else myself. I've also gone back to watching games in 3D again now I need to.

I had great pleasure in following your T&M thread and just notice your victory over them, would you ever go for the T & M job if it ever came available? Good luck with this save, i hope it is successful as last years :)

I don't think I would actually, after spending so long with them last year it would feel a bit weird going back.

Will be following this dafuge :thup: I see that we are both Pompey fans and have Welsh as a second nationality! Very nice to start your career at Havant & Waterlooville, good luck!

I'm wondering if selecting Pompey as my favourite club has helped me get this job, since it is local. Feels a bit like managing Pompey reserves at the moment, I've already signed O'Brien, Gregory, Navas and Ciftci. Oh, and I've plunged the club into massive debt by signing players we couldn't afford ;)

Enjoyed reading this so far. I don't want to jinx it but if you go up what will you do. How much of the current squad, do you think is good enough.

I think if they can play consistently well then this squad is good enough to step up a league, the big problem at the moment is the consistency. I fancy them for promotion within the next three seasons.

Are H&W an affiliate of Portsmouth in the game? I would guess that they should be.

Ever been to see Havant Dafuge? Suppose they are the wrong side of Portsmouth for you, aren't they?

Yes, they are, Portsmouth are our parent club.

I've never been, bit of a trek for a non league game ;)

Archived