[FM11] dafuge on tour

dafuge

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats on the promotion Daf, I decided to start a game up with Gateshead on Sunday, had a great game with them on the last version!

Currently 6 pts clear at the top at the halfway stage, had to have a change of tactics though as I was going through a rough patch.

I'd like to do a journeyman save but on all previous games when I've been lower league teams (Weymouth, Oxford, Burton, Gateshead) I get too attached and only once have I left for pastures new lol (Oxford game).

I want Gateshead to be the dominant force in the world!!

Good luck for the new season by the way :D

hello dafuge!

your challenges are historic and this one looks great too! you could go in clubs, make them glorious for 2-4 years and then leave but in the end of your career i think that you do something special! it's up to you to decide what it'll be! i am sure you'll do the best!

thank-you lol some people are a bit serious it seems

I would think it's because he's keen to make the definition between "LLM" and "managing in the lower leagues".

If you weren't aware, LLM is a philosophy and way of playing the game governed by playing realistically, whereas just managing in the lower leagues could just be signing Flabzinho from some obscure Guatemalan club cause you found him in the editor and flying up the leagues based on his 1000 goals per season.

I'm facing a bit of a difficult decision here. My season in League 1 with Oxford is turning out to be pretty dull as we bounce between the top and bottom half. I've already decided that I need to move on to find a bigger club in England (not necessarily in a higher league) to make an attempt at reaching the Premier League before looking abroad. There's a few interesting jobs coming up (been linked with Millwall and Ipswich) but still no offers.

Do I see out the season with Oxford, letting my contract expire, or do I quite now in the hope of picking up a more interesting job?

I'd stay with Oxford and maybe apply for jobs that interest you for now.

Good progress so far.:thup:

I've been doing that already, the foreign clubs are laughing at me but I think I've got a chance of moving to a bigger League 1 club. I'm thinking that quitting Oxford will give me a better chance of moving to a new club since there will be no compensation to pay.

I'm thinking I should stay on for the season now, there's a small chance we could make the playoffs.

Once again, an enjoyable read from dafuge. Followed your Tooting & Mitcham career and this new journeyman career has inspired me to pick up a copy of FM11 and try a journeyman career after taking a very long hiatus from FM 08 days. Just need to nail down tatical wise and get into the swing of the game again. :p

Oxford United - npower League 1 - 2017/18

With the promotion last season all I was really hoping for was to stay in League 1.

League Table

League Positions Graph

We spent the whole season bouncing around in mid table. We had a late charge for the playoffs but fell just short as Nottingham Forest claimed it late into their final match.

Johnstone's Paint Trophy - this wasn't a big priority as we fielded a weakened team.

Carling Cup - beaten by 'them', again.

FA Cup - a run of home games saw us reach the fourth round, where Premier League Stoke beat us in a replay.

Squad - this is a great squad for this league, I fancy them to make a push for promotion next year.

Transfers - I made some serious money here as I trimmed the squad and brought in a few great free transfers.

Finances - the transfers helped me to finally sort the finances out, although I'm not sure how long it will last.

Key Player Profiles

Frédéric Maciel - not quite 20 but he was the goalscorer we had been missing.

Digao - our talented Brazilian playmaker.

Cheick Doukouré - a decent performance from the new midfielder.

Niels Nielsen - a great defender.

Matteo Graziano - he's been here a while but this was his best season.

Career Overview

Season     Team                 Country    League                   League Finish    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2010/11    Havant & W           England    Blue Square Bet South    8th              Took over in October
2011/12    Havant & W           England    Blue Square Bet South    3rd              Lost in playoffs, FA Trophy finalists
2012/13    Havant & W           England    Blue Square Bet South    1st              Promoted as champions
2013/14    Havant & W           England    Blue Square Bet Premier  1st              Promoted as champions, FA Trophy winners
2014/15    Havant & W           England    npower League 2          4th              Lost in playoff final
2015/16    Oxford Utd           England    npower League 2          8th              Took over in December
2016/17    Oxford Utd           England    npower League 2          11th              
2017/18    Oxford Utd           England    npower League 2          2nd              Promoted
2018/19    Oxford Utd           England    npower League 1          7th

Next Season

I've already made my mind up, I'm leaving at the end of my contract which runs out next month. I'll be going back to the job centre in the hope of picking up an interesting new club some time before the end of the year. I think ideally I would like a bigger English club in League 1 or maybe even the Championship, I really want a club I could aim to reach the Premier League with.

With my contract expiring, the time has come for me to leave Oxford United. The timing is pretty good as at the end of last season about half my squad came out and declared that they wanted to move to bigger clubs. With their contracts expiring in a year I think this is a club that is just around the corner from a major decline, whoever takes this job is going to need to cash in on a few players and rebuild it before they leave for nothing.

Here's my profile, I'm hoping a decent sized club in the Football League will take me on. I'd take a move abroad, but I just don't think I'll get one yet.

sabadell.png

Yes, I wasn't expecting this either! I've managed to pick up a newly promoted club to the Liga Adelante in Spain.

The stadium holds about 15000, the finances are good with around £500k in the bank and the squad is tiny. They may well be predicted to struggle but I've got a great chance to build this club up and hopefully make a name for myself on the continent. It really is a case of building the club up from nothing, which suite me down to the gorund.

My aim with this club is to La Liga before moving on to a bigger club.

Good work so far Dafuge. By the way, is it like the old FM's when applying for a new job when still under contract is pretty much a guaranteed sacking?

It wasn't a guaranteed sacking, though. The board would issue you an ultimatum and you could ignore it without any repercussions.

Buenas Suerte in Spain, dafuge!

Good work so far Dafuge. By the way, is it like the old FM's when applying for a new job when still under contract is pretty much a guaranteed sacking?

Not really, I've got away with it quite a few times and issued a couple of apologies which has got me out of trouble. I wouldn't risk doing it if I wanted to stay at the club though :D

Quality new job there! Best of luck on the continent Dafuge...any good players in your squad?

Hard to tell really as I'm not really used to the standard of the league. It looks like we've got a few decent players, but they all seem to be over 30.

Oh dear, what factors led to such a large defeat?

We just weren't prepared. I was still in the process of making a few signings and the team just hadn't really played together.

Things actually picked up a bit after that, after 6 games we had won two, drawn two and lost two. I'm happy with the tactics, I just think it will take a bit of time to settle the team down and get them playing well. The transfers have also been a bit of a problem, with my scouting needing to start from scratch it has taken me a while to really start finsing players who were better than what we had already. Now I'm finally managing to find a few players I can't register them so I'm stuck with what I've got.

Archived